Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

browsers castle posted:

I can buy that, then battle medicine is OK since it does not have the living stipulation?
Battle Medicine doesn't technically say that you need to target a living creature, but I'd file it under "come on, man, you know what they're driving at. Just take Stitch Flesh. Don't be like that"

3 Action Economist posted:

Battle Medicine has the healing trait, though.

Undead don't benefit from healing:

https://2e.aonprd.com/Traits.aspx?ID=160
This too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I mean, I'm personally of the opinion that if the only reason you'd ever have Stitch Flesh come up is because a single player wanted to be a skeleton (or zombie or so on), you should probably just give Stitch Flesh to the party medic for free. But it is just one skill feat.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

For Hardwood Armor you get a little free shield, do you still have to spend an action to raise it in order to use the Shield Block reaction?

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

appropriatemetaphor posted:

For Hardwood Armor you get a little free shield, do you still have to spend an action to raise it in order to use the Shield Block reaction?

Yep. You still have to follow all shield rules, including using an action for Raise Shield before using the Shield Block reaction.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

IMO skeletons should be repaired with a crafting check, not a medicine check. Duct tape 'em back together.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

marshmallow creep posted:

A druid just Johnny Appleseeding leshies everywhere he goes so he can be the mythical leshy all-father.

You get to the end of a dungeon and it turns out that druid had already been there and left a leshy to tell you what cool treasure you missed out on.

But what if he's actually a huge perv and all his fungus leshys look like this?

Little dudes have no idea why everyone is so weird around them. They think the meat people are all huge racists, but they are actually just too embarrassed to look. No you can't rent a room here, please go away before my wife sees me with you.

Druid goes to the county fair and turns all the humorous vegetables into leshys.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Facebook Aunt posted:

IMO skeletons should be repaired with a crafting check, not a medicine check. Duct tape 'em back together.

You heal skeletons with milk :yohoho:

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

appropriatemetaphor posted:

For "Weapon Infusion" https://2e.aonprd.com/Feats.aspx?ID=4186 does it suppress the other traits of the blast?

Like for Winter Sleet if you critically hit an enemy with "one of your water impulses", they're Slowed. But does adding the reach trait using weapon infusion remove the water trait?

Yeah it seems quite cool. Shield block off the wood armor + tree diving in the way make it real hard to get focused down.

The way I read elemental blast is using the cold damage type would give it the cold and water trait. Adding reach to the attack wouldn't change that, only if you made it a physical type of damage.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Froghammer posted:

Battle Medicine doesn't technically say that you need to target a living creature, but I'd file it under "come on, man, you know what they're driving at. Just take Stitch Flesh. Don't be like that"

I believe RAW that Stitch Flesh doesn't actually apply to Battle Medicine because it is supposed to be a distinct entity from treat wounds (as they are both on separate cooldowns). I think the same goes for Risky Surgery as a feat as well.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I think that battle medicine is just letting you do your existing Treat Wounds. It doesn't even define it's own dice.

They might need a phrasing pass though, RAW

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Harold Fjord posted:

I think that battle medicine is just letting you do your existing Treat Wounds. It doesn't even define it's own dice.

They might need a phrasing pass though, RAW

:yeah:

That's how I like to run it, anyways.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Using bandages and glue to attach my skeleton friends leg until we can do it right later

Facebook Aunt posted:

But what if he's actually a huge perv and all his fungus leshys look like this?

Little dudes have no idea why everyone is so weird around them. They think the meat people are all huge racists, but they are actually just too embarrassed to look. No you can't rent a room here, please go away before my wife sees me with you.

Druid goes to the county fair and turns all the humorous vegetables into leshys.

Lmao

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 6, 2023

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Goons, tell me about flurry and precision rangers. My understanding is that precision is numerically superior unless flurry is making 3+ attacks per round, which means they're basically doing nothing but standing there and attacking. Which, in PF2E, is less than ideal, because it also means they're not doing anything but attacking, and if they're melee then they're at risk of getting multi-attacked right back by their targets. At the same time, I'd be lying if I said the idea of stacking static bonuses and spamming attacks as a flurry ranger doesn't sound appealing to the "MANY DICE, BIG NUMBAZ" part of my brain. But then again, precision rangers can make good use of the eldritch archer archetype, which I think is thematically cool as poo poo.

I like the concept of a bow-using ranged precision ranger with eldritch archer archetype who can cast some cool spells and dump BIG NUMBAZ via Eldritch Shot and also have some spell utility. Can maybe also have an animal companion.
I also like the concept of a dual-wield melee flurry ranger with rogue archetype who basically just spams attacks all day every day. I do worry this would get boring pretty quickly, though.

I also like the idea of being a bit of a switch-hitter, so either having a backup melee or ranged weapon, but I wonder how feasible it is to have another weapon, since item/rune/upgrade costs get pretty crazy.

Basically, what are y'all's thoughts on rangers, especially if you or someone at your table has played them?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Dick Burglar posted:

Goons, tell me about flurry and precision rangers. My understanding is that precision is numerically superior unless flurry is making 3+ attacks per round, which means they're basically doing nothing but standing there and attacking. Which, in PF2E, is less than ideal, because it also means they're not doing anything but attacking, and if they're melee then they're at risk of getting multi-attacked right back by their targets. At the same time, I'd be lying if I said the idea of stacking static bonuses and spamming attacks as a flurry ranger doesn't sound appealing to the "MANY DICE, BIG NUMBAZ" part of my brain. But then again, precision rangers can make good use of the eldritch archer archetype, which I think is thematically cool as poo poo.

I like the concept of a bow-using ranged precision ranger with eldritch archer archetype who can cast some cool spells and dump BIG NUMBAZ via Eldritch Shot and also have some spell utility. Can maybe also have an animal companion.
I also like the concept of a dual-wield melee flurry ranger with rogue archetype who basically just spams attacks all day every day. I do worry this would get boring pretty quickly, though.

I also like the idea of being a bit of a switch-hitter, so either having a backup melee or ranged weapon, but I wonder how feasible it is to have another weapon, since item/rune/upgrade costs get pretty crazy.

Basically, what are y'all's thoughts on rangers, especially if you or someone at your table has played them?

Eldritch Archer seems cool but plays poorly in that it’s very high variance, very inflexible, and suffers way more from “just stand there and hit.”

Flurry plays well at high level when you have static bonuses and a good ally to share your flurry with

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Apologies if this is too entry level a question, but I'm relatively new to 2e and have been finding the breadth of mechanics and options a bit overwhelming, and was hoping for a bit of help. I've played a witch in 1 adventure prior to this one and am currently in the process of creating a Ranger for another adventure with the same group. The stumbling block I'm currently on is trying to choose between using DEX or STR as my primary stat - My thematic goal with the character is to do a sort of feral warrior accompanied by an animal companion and I'd be interested in leaning a bit more on the melee side if possible, but I feel like I don't have a idea as to what the major mechanical differences would be between a SRT vs DEX build. Can anyone give me a sort of top level overview of what I'd be gaining or losing prioritizing one stat over the other?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

For the most part, strength is your melee stat. Strength improves attack rolls and melee damage by default. Finesse weapons let you use your dexterity for melee attack rolls but not damage, and propulsive weapons let you add half your strength to ranged damage, but otherwise dexterity improves your AC and ranged attack rolls but not your damage.

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011

3 Action Economist posted:

Battle Medicine has the healing trait, though.

Undead don't benefit from healing:

https://2e.aonprd.com/Traits.aspx?ID=160

Here is where I need clarification, this is from the Basic Undead Benefits:

quote:

Negative Healing: You are damaged by positive damage and aren't healed by positive healing effects.

There needs to be an and/or between positive and healing, is it just healing with positive that doesn’t work or all healing regardless?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
iirc the basic undead benefits that undead PCs get supersede the normal undead trait rules

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Do we know exactly when in November the new core releases?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

KingKalamari posted:

Apologies if this is too entry level a question, but I'm relatively new to 2e and have been finding the breadth of mechanics and options a bit overwhelming, and was hoping for a bit of help. I've played a witch in 1 adventure prior to this one and am currently in the process of creating a Ranger for another adventure with the same group. The stumbling block I'm currently on is trying to choose between using DEX or STR as my primary stat - My thematic goal with the character is to do a sort of feral warrior accompanied by an animal companion and I'd be interested in leaning a bit more on the melee side if possible, but I feel like I don't have a idea as to what the major mechanical differences would be between a SRT vs DEX build. Can anyone give me a sort of top level overview of what I'd be gaining or losing prioritizing one stat over the other?

There's no bad questions. They are both useful for a physical character.

If you go dex you wear light armor, if you go str you wear medium armor. Your AC will probably end up the same either way.

If you go dex you want your melee weapons to finesse weapons, because those use dex rather than str to hit. But all melee weapons use your strength modifier as bonus damage, if you have +4 to strength your weapon will be 1dx+4. Even if you go dex you probably want a point or two in str because an extra +1 or +2 on every hit is cool. At least you probably don't want to start with a negative to str.

Do you want to be a ranged ranger? All ranged weapons use dex for the to hit number. Most bows have no additional damage adjustment for strength, but a few have the "propulsive" trait that adds half your strength modifier. Thrown weapons use your dex for to hit and your str for extra damage.

If you are a packrat and your game is tracking encumbrance str could be helpful. But you've got an animal buddy, you could fit him with saddlebags and make him carry some of your poo poo.

Reflex saving throws use dex. No saving throws use str.

Then there's just skills. Athletics is useful to climb and swim, which may or may not ever matter. It can also be used in combat for tripping and grappling. If you are melee then Acrobatics can be useful for the Tumble Through action that lets you parkour through an enemy space to get into position to flank. Stealth and thievery (for disarming traps) depend on dex too. As a ranger you have enough skill proficiencies to take over trap duty if your party doesn't have a rogue, in which case dex would be important.

tl;dr

Strength:
medium armor
+ to hit on melee weapons
+ damage on melee or thrown weapons
+ encumbrance
+ athletics

Dexterity:
light armor
+ to hit of finesse melee weapons
+ to hit on ranged weapons (both thrown and bows)
+ reflex saving throws
+ acrobatics, stealth, thievery

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Kwolok posted:

Do we know exactly when in November the new core releases?

November 15th, possibly earlier if you have a subscription

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

KingKalamari posted:

Keep in mind that ability score increases work differently than in D&D: every time you get ASIs, you can increase four ability scores. So, theoretically, you could invest heavily into both STR and DEX, though only one will be able to reach 22 (+6) by level 20.

You can use sites like Pathbuilder to build out a character, which also does the math for you.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

browsers castle posted:

Here is where I need clarification, this is from the Basic Undead Benefits:

There needs to be an and/or between positive and healing, is it just healing with positive that doesn’t work or all healing regardless?

I think the intention of battle medicine was to allow a weakened version of treat wounds in combat. It's making a medicine check using treat wounds as the DC but it doesn't remove wounded so it's not listed as treat wounds because it's a worse version.

Stitch flesh was added in Book of the Dead with the Skeleton ancestry. I think it was just so parties with a medic can heal any type of PC, but it does require a feat because skeleton is a rare ancestry.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Wanted to see if anyone wanted to offer some advice or input on a Pathfinder Society character I'm working on. I have a wrestler-fighter I've used as a primary, but they're starting to get to level 4, and I want to have something else if/when I have a chance to play the more introductory scenarios.

This is an Angelic Sorcerer I'm looking to play as a face/healer/support character. I don't have a ton of experience with casters in pathfinder 2e or any other F20 system, so I don't have the best feel for how to build them. The backstory of this character is they were a tailor in Lastwall when it fell, and as he was escaping with other refugees was caught in a fight between heroic defenders and undead hordes of Tar-Baphon. An angel appeared in the fight, and a splatter of blood hit this character, awakening whatever latent magical powers they had. I wanted to do something of a reluctant, soft-spoken, not-trained-for-this character as a balance against my fighter's personality.

Not necessarily looking to optimize this character to the hilt, since I've found Pathfinder Society to be pretty forgiving. But would love to hear thoughts ,suggestions, and guidance.

-I ended up going with a familiar dedication since I've read that familiars can be super useful...but I'll admit I don't really understand them or what to use them for. I do sort of imagine this character having a bluejay or goldfinch who can scout for the group or such
-In terms of spells, I've been trying to pick spells that rpgbot seems to rank highly and also seem to fit in the role of good-guy support
-I've tried to commit a bit of skill and skill feats to their crafting, since they are a tailor. But I don't really know if I'd even come up with some consistent way to use those skills, barring an adventure that just happens to rely on clothes

https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=553126

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Red Metal posted:

November 15th, possibly earlier if you have a subscription

So close, yet so far...

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Nm. Typod.

You've got a lot of low level feats. I'm guessing you're leaving a lot of power on the table there but I'm not sure what's good for this build. Id just start the familiar stuff at 1.

Crafting you can get recipes to make gear and magic items in downtime instead of buying. Not sure how that works in society but it fits your guy. Everything else is gonna be fluff but that can be fun.

I find diplomacy useful for a CHA guy

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 7, 2023

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Dick Burglar posted:

I haven’t gotten to try this myself, but it was mentioned to me once that Flurry Ranger is good in melee with double slice type feats (get more attacks in with less actions) and also works well even if you want to spend an action using Trip or Grab first, which is much better than it is for other classes. Flurry Double Axe is probably the next Ranger build I’d try one day…

Doing a turret build does like it would be boring, but Double Slice feels like it would let me be a bit like a Monk and mix up my turns a lot more.

Proven fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 7, 2023

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Harold Fjord posted:

Nm. Typod.

You've got a lot of low level feats. I'm guessing you're leaving a lot of power on the table there but I'm not sure what's good for this build. Id just start the familiar stuff at 1.

Crafting you can get recipes to make gear and magic items in downtime instead of buying. Not sure how that works in society but it fits your guy. Everything else is gonna be fluff but that can be fun.

I find diplomacy useful for a CHA guy

Yeah I feel like I see diplomacy and society come up a fair amount as social options for skill challenges in Society, so I feel pretty safe with that. And then Religion/Nature help cover a good range of knowledge-type checks.

I do feel like I'm taking lower level feats, but I keep looking at class feat options and not too many of them feel like they help me be a support/buffer type.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

As a Flurry ranger the main point is to take Twin Takedown or Hunted Shot at level 1, which lets you attack twice as a single action (still uses MAP though); at the cost that it needs to be against your Hunted Prey.

This means your standard first turn (if you couldn't track and Hunt your enemy earlier) is to designate an enemy as your hunted prey, stride towards it, and then Twin Takedown it (assuming its in range). Adjust as needed for various ranges, shielding, etc. if you don't want to be standing right next to your target at the end of your turn.
Doubling Rings are an essential magic item so that you only need to keep your 'main' weapon up to date if you're going for two weapons.

Wearing a gauntlet in your 'off' hand is also strong recommended - this means that even if you need to drop your offhand weapon (for example, you need to chug a potion, or interact with something) then once you're done, you're still wielding a weapon (the gauntlet) with the appropriate striking and potency buffs.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Feeling like going back to my Pathfinder 2e Shapeshifter homebrew, here. Some changes I am thinking of making, or already made, is switching to Con for Key Ability and allowing for Legendary Unarmed eventually, trying to make Aspects for each of the Barbarian Animal Instincts and maybe some other animals, and making specific aspects for various Morphologies, as well as fleshing out Morphologies to cover most of the Shifter's archetypes.

At the very least I want Morphologies for Beast, Ooze, Swarm, Elemental and Dragon. Not sure if Plant should be separate or an option under Elemental now that Plant and Metal are Elements. Not sure if I want to try a Fey or Humanoid kind of option. Probably not going for a Rageshaper option since that is mostly just Giant Instinct Barbarian. Not sure if I want a specific Morphology for Monstrous Form kind of thing, or break them up into options for different Morphologies. Heck I might even just go through all the polymorph/wild shape spells and break down the battle forms into different Morphologies they should go for, but many of the current feats are the Druid feats that grant those forms to Wild Shape. Of course if I did go and break the forms down I could try and downscale them so they can be available at earlier levels somehow.

I do want to make it so the Aspects grant scaling benefits including natural attacks, I might make it so the natural attacks scale normally like with Battle Forms and can't take Handwraps, then again I need a way to get Potency runes on them for when not in a Battle Form. Maybe allow Handwraps but just specifically deny Striking Runes? Then again with a number of Aspects adding damage to certain types of natural weapons I might not want to allow any runes that add elemental damage or similar.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

bewilderment posted:

As a Flurry ranger the main point is to take Twin Takedown or Hunted Shot at level 1, which lets you attack twice as a single action (still uses MAP though); at the cost that it needs to be against your Hunted Prey.

This means your standard first turn (if you couldn't track and Hunt your enemy earlier) is to designate an enemy as your hunted prey, stride towards it, and then Twin Takedown it (assuming its in range). Adjust as needed for various ranges, shielding, etc. if you don't want to be standing right next to your target at the end of your turn.
Doubling Rings are an essential magic item so that you only need to keep your 'main' weapon up to date if you're going for two weapons.

Wearing a gauntlet in your 'off' hand is also strong recommended - this means that even if you need to drop your offhand weapon (for example, you need to chug a potion, or interact with something) then once you're done, you're still wielding a weapon (the gauntlet) with the appropriate striking and potency buffs.

Ah, so the gauntlet can be left unenchanted since the enchantments/runes on your main hand are copied over to whatever you deem your "off hand weapon" is via the doubling ring.

What about subsequent turns? Since Twin Takedown is a flourish action, are your other attacks simply made via normal Strikes (or, later, Second Sting)? And I guess you may spend your last action to move away or do something else, rather than making another high-MAP attack.

Here's my current build. A lot of feats, especially free archetype ones, definitely aren't in the correct order, and the skill feats are just kinda thrown together. I'm more interested in whether the parts are good, rather than whether the order is good, although I'm open to suggestion for the order of stuff too.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Second Sting is already a fantastic press action for the rest of your Strikes in a round, but you could always dip into either Fighter or Dual-Weapon Warrior for alternate options including Double Slice.

You could also potentially pick up an animal companion to ride as a mount, as the free extra action for your companion every turn (either from spending one action to give it two by Commanding it or from the free Strike/Stride from Mature Companion) translates directly into free movement for you while you're riding it. At super high levels this makes Impossible Flurry a lot more reasonable to pull off if you can just ride into position before using it. That can be iffy if your companion is too big to fit into a lot of spaces in your campaign though, both in terms of hallways and also just slipping between targets. The Side by Side feat also gives you perma-flanking on everything you swing at like this, and there are some (vague) rules about your mount giving you cover while you're on it that Halfling feats could make even more potent:

CRB p. 478 posted:

Because your mount is larger than you and you share its space, you have lesser cover against attacks targeting you when you’re mounted if the mount would be in the way.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
What's the advantage of Double Slice? Unlike Twin Takedown, it uses two actions. I guess if you're not planning on using a stance you can upgrade it with Graceful Poise so it reduces MAP, but that would only matter if you used it before Twin Takedown, since otherwise both attacks are going to be at maximum MAP already. Plus, I'd rather have Dread Marshall Stance for the static damage bonus.

Animal companions require like four feats to make them good, and I don't think I have any feats to spare. I guess I could dump the Share/Double/Triple Prey feat line, but that seems like a poor trade-off.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Double Slice has no MAP penalty for the second attack, its extremely good. If you're flurry ranger, once you are adjacent you can Double Slice and then Twin Takedown for two attacks at no penalty and two attacks at -4 (assuming agile)

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 7, 2023

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Ah, I misread that line.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
So you are assuming the target is already your quarry, adjacent to you, and doesn't require any repositioning for something like off-guard or backing up for safety? That seems both extremely unlikely to come up and be boring to play if it did.

Being locked in into a single multiclass dedication for three feats is also a really high opportunity cost to situationally gain a +2 on your second attack.

If you are always using double slice over flurry why aren't you just a fighter? You won't have the feats or actions for the cool ranger stuff if you are using double slice. Not having to spend an action to quarry vs not having flurry seems like a wash.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 7, 2023

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I think it's mostly a fun theorycraft thing. You can get 4 attacks per round and most of them hit!* (some terms and conditions may apply)

In reality setting up that 4 attack round would mean that you'd marked your prey and gotten into position on a previous round. And you'd need to be fighting a mountain of HP that wouldn't just die halfway through and ruin the combo. Or worse your team mates attack your prey too, and kill it before your second round even comes up. Bunch of kill stealing bastards.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

-I ended up going with a familiar dedication since I've read that familiars can be super useful...but I'll admit I don't really understand them or what to use them for. I do sort of imagine this character having a bluejay or goldfinch who can scout for the group or such
-In terms of spells, I've been trying to pick spells that rpgbot seems to rank highly and also seem to fit in the role of good-guy support
-I've tried to commit a bit of skill and skill feats to their crafting, since they are a tailor. But I don't really know if I'd even come up with some consistent way to use those skills, barring an adventure that just happens to rely on clothes

https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=553126

I've read the same and after running three campaigns I'd say whoever wrote that was talking out their rear end.

Sorcerers have some of the best feats available for spellcasters. They are worth taking.

Crafting sucks. You don't need to spend skill feats on it. You used to be a tailor; you are a pathfinder society member now. If you were a great tailor you might have stuck with your day job.

Edit: I couldn't open your link but sorcerers usually want bon mot or intimidating glare to lower saves before casting their debuffs. I'd personally try to take both.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 7, 2023

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Familiar seems great for free archetype stuff. But quickened casting at 10. Wow.

I think it's good to have a guy who can do that boring 4hit thing around. For when you have bad rolls.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Harold Fjord posted:

Familiar seems great for free archetype.

But quickened casting at 10. Wow.

Didn't realize it was free archetype. PFS uses that houserule? I'm personally not a fan, but I know the thread loves it. People like to argue that it isn't a meaningful power increase and then min max the hell out of it while saying fighter is broken due to a +2. Something doesn't quite add up.

It also made character building overwhelming for some of my players and those who took good archetypes were noticeably better than those who took middling ones. I guess it brings the game closer to 1e in terms of charop? I could see other people liking that a lot.