Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Oh, I’m facing THAT Justin Fields this week huh? Bring it on I guess, gonna have to fight like hell so I don’t give the 0-4 team his first win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Starting Wan'Dale Robinson over Nico Collins. I know it feels crazy but it also feels right

C’mon man

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Starting Wan'Dale Robinson over Nico Collins. I know it feels crazy but it also feels right

What possible reason is there to be bullish on the Giants' passing game?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Miami defense isn’t great but it’s at least capable of murdering the NYG o-line on live tv

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Wandale is absolutely a bench stash or flex but you don't start him over Nico Collins lmbo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nico Collins is #2 in all wide receivers in 20+ pass plays but sure bench him

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

well you see as one who falls for the gambler's fallacy, week 2 was a boom for Nico, week 3 was a bust, week 4 was a boom, so week 5 will be a bust, this game is very easy folks

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Go ahead, touch the corn baller, you know best

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Superflex and I have Mahomes, Richardson and Cousins. I also have Baker and just managed to move him for George Kittle.

Now I just get to see if Kittle is washed but I feel like this was great value if he isn't.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Are you the against the wind guy? Because this is some galaxy-brained poo poo.

e: lol missed the rest of the new posts

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

tbf it's honestly a decent DFS tournament lineup play.

but yea anyways

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, i understand robinson over collins more than his last one. the giants could finally break out, and if so, robinson established himself as the #1. meanwhile, houston's been playing over its head and stroud could finally stumble a bit.

it's not that crazy. not saying i'd do it, but i can see it happening.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

yea, i understand robinson over collins more than his last one. the giants could finally break out, and if so, robinson established himself as the #1. meanwhile, houston's been playing over its head and stroud could finally stumble a bit.

it's not that crazy. not saying i'd do it, but i can see it happening.

I mean you have to play the odds. What’s more likely to happen, a guy who’s been playing great to have a good game? Or a team who’s O-line has been letting 2 guys run through the line untouched constantly with a quarterback who can’t throw the ball breaking out and specifically to one receiver?

Robinson’s “breakout” would be what Collins is averaging each game at best

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

of course. all i said was i can see the giants coming to life and it happening.

not betting on it at even odds (or close) or in fantasy, that's for sure.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

mcmagic posted:

Starting Sam Howell in a fantasy lineup........... lol

ended up fine

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

does that count as an interception for a QB on going for two? I just realized I don't know

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

does that count as an interception for a QB on going for two? I just realized I don't know

Good question. I would think so but not sure

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

it has to right? Or is it weird since if you intercept it and run it back it's only two points.

I watched Eric Berry do it live it was awesome. But like, for fantasy purposes the scoring was lower

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My big question is what happens when/if Taysom Hill gets swapped into QB but you have him slotted in the TE position

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

My big question is what happens when/if Taysom Hill gets swapped into QB but you have him slotted in the TE position

It stays until you move it, and it won’t let you put it back.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Players at non QB positions still get points if they complete passes. Like a couple weeks ago Keenan Allen threw a TD to Mike Williams on a trick play and he got the same score for it a QB would have

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Docjowles posted:

Players at non QB positions still get points if they complete passes. Like a couple weeks ago Keenan Allen threw a TD to Mike Williams on a trick play and he got the same score for it a QB would have

Nice! Good to know, thanks!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmao

I can't stop laughing

that's my DJ

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

They get scoring just as if they were in the QB slot. This was like a big cheat code when Taysom first came into the league and was basically playing RB and QB throughout the game while labeled as a TE. Same with (I think) Marques Colston years ago. He was initially labeled a TE but played WR every game. Was an enormous advantage to be able to play a top WR in a TE slot.

Then you always have the example of the Denver RB who played QB one game a few years ago (don’t remember his name). Everyone was grabbing him and starting him because “hey, QB’s score significantly more points, even if he sucks he will put up points!” And he ended up having like -3 or something.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
congrats dj moore havers

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

A guy in my league has Fields and Moore. 78 points from 2 guys. Glad I didn’t face him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DJ would have 270 yards and 4 touchdowns if not for the phantom out of bounds which I still haven't seen evidence it happened

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I will let everyone here know whether I’m starting Fields from now on so they can do the opposite.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stupid question I was just thinking of. Say a QB rolls out and is rushing the ball and tosses it forward before he crosses the line of scrimmage and catches it on the other side. Does he get credited with a reception and receiving yards? Is it even legal to catch your own pass if it isn’t deflected?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Condolences anyone against DJ Moore.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Edit: nm I misunderstood the question

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cat Hassler posted:

Mariota caught a pass a few years ago he threw that was tapped into the air and he caught it and scored

Got fantasy points for a passing TD and receiving TD

Yea but I’m just saying purposely tossing the ball a yard forward as you’re about to cross the line. Is that legal? What if you’re about to be tackled and you do that and get hit? Is it pass interference?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

Yea but I’m just saying purposely tossing the ball a yard forward as you’re about to cross the line. Is that legal? What if you’re about to be tackled and you do that and get hit? Is it pass interference?

Yeah I edited my post when I realized that’s what you were asking

No idea how that would work

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

AnacondaHL posted:

well you see as one who falls for the gambler's fallacy, week 2 was a boom for Nico, week 3 was a bust, week 4 was a boom, so week 5 will be a bust, this game is very easy folks

My methodology also includes horoscopes and oracle bones but you are otherwise surprisingly close

Dango Bango posted:

Are you the against the wind guy? Because this is some galaxy-brained poo poo.

e: lol missed the rest of the new posts

Week 3 - Sit Derrick Henry (2.0), Start Josh Kelley (2.7): +0.7, still lost
Week 4 - Sit Jaylen Waddle (8.6), Start Nico Collins (35.8): +27.2, turned L into W
Week 5 - Sit Nico Collins (?), Start Wan'Dale Robinson (?): ??

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

RCarr posted:

I mean you have to play the odds. What’s more likely to happen, a guy who’s been playing great to have a good game? Or a team who’s O-line has been letting 2 guys run through the line untouched constantly with a quarterback who can’t throw the ball breaking out and specifically to one receiver?

Robinson’s “breakout” would be what Collins is averaging each game at best

The coward asks what is safe, the wise man asks what is right

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Checking in with my fellow dj moore truthers

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

My methodology also includes horoscopes and oracle bones but you are otherwise surprisingly close

I legitimately did have my wife do tarot card readings for fantasy advice last year but forgot to document the results.

Sometimes we did it during a twitch stream, which was a lot of fun. Would anyone care to see something like that again?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

MacheteZombie posted:

Checking in with my fellow dj moore truthers

I never stopped believing and for this I am rewarded.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I feel like it’s much easier to confidently run DJ in bigger leagues. I have JJ, Jamo, Nacua, Flowers, Waddle, and Reynolds. My league has so far apparently drafted perfectly, because the dude in the lead has made no drops or trades and has 100 PF more than I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Like going into that game I was expecting a bloodbath with all the hype around Washington and then the first like three plays of the game I was like wait I know I don’t watch bears games since they’re blacked out usually, but this dude is playing like this and he’s 0-4? And then I realised that oh the linemen are doing something I know they weren’t doing based on the clips I had seen