Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i fuckin love super ghouls 'n ghosts but it is hosed up and not just for its difficulty. it's stiff and the jumping is as much an enemy as any of the enemies are, and sometimes the game will just spawn things in such a way that you will get hit no matter what you do, or even worse you'll be forced to pick up the scythe or torch. it is very not for everyone, even for people who love games that will kick your rear end over and over.

SGG is fun, but as a kid I could never make it past level 2. Man, was I glad I only rented the game. At least this meant I didn't have to stare at the monument of my failure every day of the week, ha ha :v:

A couple years ago I tried it again on SNESflix, and thanks to abusing save states I eventually made it to level 4. Progress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Just started playing paper mario (n64) for the first time ever.

Games pretty good fam

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It gets a lot better once you get to chapter 1 and unlock timed hits.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
paper mario 64 is so good...

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The only compatibility I care about is form factor so the Nitro Deck still works

Somehow.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The first two Paper Mario games are fantastic. Other than Sticker Star, the rest seem alright, though I only played Super which was fine. They're all different than the RPG games but still seem fine for what they are.

Also the way you're all talking up the Nitro Deck is tempting me, but at this point I might as well wait for the Switch 2 Pro 2 to come out.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Got to try Wonder at a Target kiosk. It feels tighter than NSMBU. Mario’s new voice is definitely apparent. One of the secret exits made me laugh. Game good and looking forward to seeing how crazy it gets.

2 kids were watching me and asked me why I was so good. I should be alright at Mario by now playing for 30+ years. Jesus Christ. :eyepop:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

"Been playing since I was your age, kid."

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

re: Paper Mario, TTYD is godly, 64 is great, and i really liked Origami King despite the lackluster combat. those are the only good ones. farewell

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
64 is better than TTYD because it has 75% less backtracking through long corridors.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the best paper mario game is bug fables

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

64 is better than TTYD because it has 75% less backtracking through long corridors.

imo i think the backtracking in TTYD tends to be exaggerated though i can't make any excuses for chapter 7

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the best paper mario game is bug fables

Bug Fables is extremely good too yes

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i fuckin love super ghouls 'n ghosts but it is hosed up and not just for its difficulty. it's stiff and the jumping is as much an enemy as any of the enemies are, and sometimes the game will just spawn things in such a way that you will get hit no matter what you do, or even worse you'll be forced to pick up the scythe or torch. it is very not for everyone, even for people who love games that will kick your rear end over and over.

Being perfectly honest I feel the same way about Donkey Kong Country's minecart levels. Also Ninja Gaiden 4-2 I think.

Game and level design was just effed up back then.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Waffle! posted:

"Been playing since I was your age, kid."

faraway look in your eyes as you tell tale of the console wars

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I liked TTYD's partners more despite TTYD having the worst partner in either game.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mega64 posted:

I liked TTYD's partners more despite TTYD having the worst partner in either game.

...whom

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Mega64 posted:

choose carefully

Mega64
May 23, 2008

64 has two great characters (Goombario, Lakilester), two decent characters (Parakarry, Sushi), and four bland characters that are still enjoyable.

TTYD has five great characters, one decent character (Flurry), and one bad character.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is it Ms. Mowz? She kinda joins too late to have an impact but I wouldn’t say shes bad

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mega64 posted:

64 has two great characters (Goombario, Lakilester), two decent characters (Parakarry, Sushi), and four bland characters that are still enjoyable.

TTYD has five great characters, one decent character (Flurry), and one bad character.

name the worst partner you absolute pussy

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It is Ms. Mowz. There's a reason she's an optional character, and it's because even Nintendo didn't feel players should be forced to have such a bad character.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
optional party members as a concept own

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mega64 posted:

It is Ms. Mowz. There's a reason she's an optional character, and it's because even Nintendo didn't feel players should be forced to have such a bad character.

:sam:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's cool that Ms. Mowz exists even if she's not very useful by the time she can join.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Counterpoint she looks dope

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Ms. Mowz can steal items, her attack pierces defense, and she’s a fun character. She’s good. :colbert:

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Mega64 posted:

This guy doesn't even know that you can steal badges from enemies with her, even if they don't have a badge by them. What a noob.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Mowz crew is ready to rumble

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

optional party members as a concept own

Yup

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

Her purpose is mainly so you can find all the star bits if you want to collect everything

Electromax
May 6, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

2 kids were watching me and asked me why I was so good.

That's the juice right there.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Whew, just checking to make sure there's no Lady Bow slander in here.

Haters get a Fan Smack. :colbert:

Mega64 posted:

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Step aside Tears of the Kingdom, they just released Fabled Lands for Switch.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What's that?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Her purpose is mainly so you can find all the star bits if you want to collect everything

And she's a mouse, they love cheese

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

It's Nintendo's most recent console, but that's not important right now

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Apparently an open world RPG game you can't beat that doesn't even have metacritic reviews

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

I love Locomalito's version of G&G Cursed Castilla.
It's a bit more modern, has alternate routes and most importantly ditches the coin muncher mentality in its enemy and projectile placement.
It's really enjoyable and you can even try Maldita Castilla, the trimmed down PC version, for free at http://locomalito.com/
Also check out all his other games, they're awesome. And free.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/nintendeal/status/1710065744585609716?s=46

Eshop demo coming when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
My library got Everybody 1-2 Switch, so I checked it out.

First of all, it's not good, but I wouldn't say it's horrible. I'd pay $10 tops for this. My kid seems to be having a blast with it so far. I would not play this with adults at all.

My problem is that some of the more fun games require a smart phone, so without them, the joycon games get repetitive very quickly. And my kid doesn't have their own smart phone to play it, so it's just sort of a weird idea for a game aimed at kids.

Oh well, thanks library! Neat concept, poor execution Nintendo