Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
The clover just broke everyone's brains, huh?

A friend of mine suggested it'll be the pre-order earring, which I'd be okay with. (Watch the amount of Irish pre-orders jump exponentially.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I think Krile's original Mystic Knight sprite had green armour, so y'know, they could go with that.

Not sure how they'd make Mystic Knight work in this game, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mystic Knight would be so dope, but considering we're probably getting Corsair I don't see it happening

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

When you first meet Krile she seems fairly generic but then as soon as she sees Alphinaud she starts bullying him, proving that she owns.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now that we can get our own free gender unlocked cat ear hoodie Krile can do whatever she wants.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yapping Eevee posted:

The clover just broke everyone's brains, huh?

A friend of mine suggested it'll be the pre-order earring, which I'd be okay with. (Watch the amount of Irish pre-orders jump exponentially.)

It feels like a legitimately solid theory when combined with the other stuff we know. Why would a pre-order earring be plot/story relevant?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arist posted:

Mystic Knight would be so dope, but considering we're probably getting Corsair I don't see it happening

Corsair AS mystic knight. Spell-infused pistol.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I figured the pants those legs were wearing are probably gear for the new melee job

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pwnstar posted:

When you first meet Krile she seems fairly generic but then as soon as she sees Alphinaud she starts bullying him, proving that she owns.
She also bullies Estinien.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Maxwell Lord posted:

I love it. She’s an intelligent mature professional who takes her work very seriously but she allows herself this one bit of whimsy. I’ve known people like that.

I mean, she has legit drip, but that can be true and still be the reason why she'll never appear in a pre-rendered cinematic in that outfit.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Vitamean posted:

drip check

I dunno jack about taking good screenshots but I look somewhat low-fantasy practical, which is an extremely important part of making glams look good, hot take. both of these have duplicate item sets, though, WAR helm and boots are both level 70 AF and DRG gloves and boots are both high allagan, I need to fix that

new extreme cleared, much easier than the last one

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

FuturePastNow posted:

I figured the pants those legs were wearing are probably gear for the new melee job

Seems unlikely it's gear for a job and not a unique major NPC outfit.

KoB
May 1, 2009
almost assuredly the female voice from the trailer.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Oxyclean posted:

It feels like a legitimately solid theory when combined with the other stuff we know. Why would a pre-order earring be plot/story relevant?
I wouldn't believe it would be. They were more saying that CB3 could use the same design for the earring, since they have the model.

I could see the trinket Krile received turning out to be a mark of passage that says "this person is to be trusted" for some organisation in Tural, whether that's one side of the current royal conflict, or the local Students of Baldesion equivalent, or something.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yapping Eevee posted:

I wouldn't believe it would be. They were more saying that CB3 could use the same design for the earring, since they have the model.

I could see the trinket Krile received turning out to be a mark of passage that says "this person is to be trusted" for some organisation in Tural, whether that's one side of the current royal conflict, or the local Students of Baldesion equivalent, or something.

Yeah I’m wondering if there are going to be four factions and each one got a earring of a card suit to “mark” them as chosen.

E:

I guess iirc Krile does directly call it a clover for maybe not the card suit thing. Still think it could be a marker though.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

World War Mammories posted:

I dunno jack about taking good screenshots but I look somewhat low-fantasy practical, which is an extremely important part of making glams look good, hot take. both of these have duplicate item sets, though, WAR helm and boots are both level 70 AF and DRG gloves and boots are both high allagan, I need to fix that

new extreme cleared, much easier than the last one

You are the first male roe I've seen in a year of playing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah I’m wondering if there are going to be four factions and each one got a earring of a card suit to “mark” them as chosen.

E:

I guess iirc Krile does directly call it a clover for maybe not the card suit thing. Still think it could be a marker though.

Card suit huh?

Gambler confirmed.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

goblin week posted:

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Excellent choice in armor, friend!

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

goblin week posted:

This is so wild to me. Are you on EU or NA?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Vitamean posted:

drip check

Still rocking this look from pre-patch.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Personally speculating that the new Green Mage, if they take anything from previous games, will heavily revolve around the Brave Exivus version. As much as that's just a dumb Gacha, the De-line of spells (Defira, dethundra, etc) could easily form a 2-part spell combo where you cast a spell that plumets the enemy's resistance to your element (thus fulfilling the debuff fantasy), and then just blast them with the appropriate elemental nuke.

Then the historic spells can form the support and cooldown stuff. Give them oil or tranq as a enemy damage down, shell or protect as a raidwide, oil can show up as a ogcd that lets you blast them with fire, there's a lot they can do.

The support elements can also be minor, like look at red mage. It doesn't lean into its support or melee *much* but even a bit can make it feel very flavorful.

zero shot it leans anywhere near into a nature theme though. Green mage has basically nothing to do historically with nature outside of using elemental spells. Sage was a dramatic overhaul, sure, but it still leaned pretty heavily into the themes of wisdom. I get people want a nature class, I want one too, but the only thing green mage has ever had to with nature is having 'green' in the name and that feels like an *enormous* stretch.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Oct 6, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Meeko posted:

Personally speculating that the new Green Mage, if they take anything from previous games, will heavily revolve around the Brave Exivus version. As much as that's just a dumb Gacha, the De-line of spells (Defira, dethundra, etc) could easily form a 2-part spell combo where you cast a spell that plumets the enemy's resistance to your element (thus fulfilling the debuff fantasy), and then just blast them with the appropriate elemental nuke.

Then the historic spells can form the support and cooldown stuff. Give them oil or tranq as a enemy damage down, shell or protect as a raidwide, oil can show up as a ogcd that lets you blast them with fire, there's a lot they can do.

The support elements can also be minor, like look at red mage. It doesn't lean into its support or melee *much* but even a bit can make it feel very flavorful.

zero shot it leans anywhere near into a nature theme though. Green mage has basically nothing to do historically with nature outside of using elemental spells. Sage was a dramatic overhaul, sure, but it still leaned pretty heavily into the themes of wisdom. I get people want a nature class, I want one too, but the only thing green mage has ever had to with nature is having 'green' in the name and that feels like an *enormous* stretch.

It's a Viera job in Tactics.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's a Viera job in Tactics.

So's Spellblade, Assassin, and a host of others. Veira live in nature/have close ties, sure, but the majority of their jobs in tactics A2 (and a large chunk of their screen time, for that matter) have basically nothing to do with it in even the most remote of capacities, so I think it's a pretty large stretch to say being a Veira job is enough for a nature tie-in.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The new job is actually going to be a mutant, where the job fantasy is that you are a horrible mutated abomination. This has been shown by the fact that the clue was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, and also the fact that Krile has a cat ear hoodie, which indicates a horrible mutation. You can quote this post when DT comes out.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Huh, will that be our first verified SaGa tie-in, then?

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Ryanbomber posted:

It's more that if he wanted the hint to just be "it's green" there's another famous cartoony aquatic critter in American pop culture he could have used :colbert:
“Heroes on a half-shell”
GRM casts Shell.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's Half-Shell. It only shields a single magic hit, obviously.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

lines posted:

This is so wild to me. Are you on EU or NA?

NA! I just… never see them.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Hogama posted:

It's Half-Shell. It only shields a single magic hit, obviously.

Now now, this is FFXIV.

It'll shield 10% of a single magic hit.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

goblin week posted:

In EU I see them occasionally. Well, the proper answer is always cause I play one but they opo up from time to time. Now Fem Roes, on the other hand...

On new job chat, I do like Meeko's idea of using debuffing spells before striking hard. It could be their combo style akin to Red Mage using Dualcast to alternate or BLM ice/fire phases, and would fit the job ñ. That said they could still have a nature theme because Krile right now is a Conjurer the few times we've seen her do stuff, so Green Mage could end up with some of the old Conjurer nature stuff (but I'd argue fire is gonna be one of their elements because Oil is the quintessential Green Magic besides Protect/Shell).

On another note, does anyone have a link for the Endwalker Footfalls instrumental version that pops up sometimes, like at the start of Endwalker or in thisbrecent patch? Can only find covers or the vocal version. Or if there's an orchestrion roll for that specofic remix.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Meeko posted:

Now now, this is FFXIV.

It'll shield 10% of a single magic hit.

Everyone gets a 700 potency shield!

...and then eat a fixed HP-to-one with doom proc and the sprouts immediately floor tank.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

goblin week posted:

I see them all the time here in EU. There's a guy called Humongous Chungus on my server in particular who I notice all the time because... his name is Humongous Chungus and he dresses like this.

But we also have a bunch of normal ones!

lines
Aug 18, 2013

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

In EU I see them occasionally. Well, the proper answer is always cause I play one but they opo up from time to time. Now Fem Roes, on the other hand...

I know a lot of fem Roes. I know a lot of trans women who play this game. This may be related.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

On another note, does anyone have a link for the Endwalker Footfalls instrumental version that pops up sometimes, like at the start of Endwalker or in thisbrecent patch? Can only find covers or the vocal version. Or if there's an orchestrion roll for that specofic remix.

A brief youtube search suggests it's an unreleased track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgQ1rr46kUY

I don't know if there's a better version out there given it's unreleased.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Tekopo posted:

The new job is actually going to be a mutant, where the job fantasy is that you are a horrible mutated abomination. This has been shown by the fact that the clue was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, and also the fact that Krile has a cat ear hoodie, which indicates a horrible mutation. You can quote this post when DT comes out.

new job is just Vincent from ff7

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Before the patch, I had mentor roulette available in the DF (locked, since I am still missing a couple of the old ex trials but still) but now it's gone. I have completed the new the trial, dungeon, and alliance raid but it still won't show up. What gives?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Mr. Neutron posted:

Before the patch, I had mentor roulette available in the DF (locked, since I am still missing a couple of the old ex trials but still) but now it's gone. I have completed the new the trial, dungeon, and alliance raid but it still won't show up. What gives?

It's a known bug, exdr and mentor roulette don't show if you haven't unlocked everything

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Meeko posted:

Counterpoint

https://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/ffxiv-new-jobs

Yoship doesn't mind making jobs different from their traditional Final Fantasy fair. He doesn't seem beholden to it at all

E: What I'm saying is "It's not like the Final Fantasy version" doesn't seem like it means all that much

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I do feel like Krile's cat ear hoodie is a downright impediment to her ever becoming a major character.

And yet you people treat Yshtola seriously smh