Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Both ironically and unironically the greatest political cartoonist of our time

edit: both Slayyyter and Chappell are from Missouri what are they putting in the water down there?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Trying to understand that cartoon is getting me all riled up.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Out this Friday

quote:

Paramore Announce Remix Album Re: This Is Why

Paramore have announced Re: This Is Why, a remixed and reworked version of their latest album out this Friday, October 6th.

The band described the project as “almost a remix album” in a statement on social media. “We’ve long wanted to recognize the connection we have with some of the artists who’ve influenced us as a band and/or who have cited our band as an influence,” they shared. “Some of the songs have been remixed sort of classically, while others were reworked or rewritten. It’s incredible to hear all our worlds colliding.”

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

These days when an artist teases some other release less than a year after an album, I'm relieved to hear it's just a remix album instead of a "deluxe edition". I'm kind of afraid to buy any album the year it comes out. But with a remix album it's firmly all in the "optional bonus material" category.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not to be glib but I hope this makes the tracklist more interesting, the majority of song arrangements on This Is Why are so, so boring.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

exquisite tea posted:

Not to be glib but I hope this makes the tracklist more interesting, the majority of song arrangements on This Is Why are so, so boring.

Can't help but agree with this. This Is Why is probably the first Paramore album I didn't vibe with at all. No standout tracks imo. Then again, being an album after After Laughter is one hell of a challenge.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yep, I'd be more interested in a remix album if I thought the original album was any good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:same:

I like the singles a lot (This Is Why, The News) and really wanted to like the album but the rest of the album did nothing for me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Y’all are insane. this is why is one of THE best albums this year. It’s loving fuego

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Y’all are insane. this is why is one of THE best albums this year. It’s loving fuego

this tbh

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

This is Why felt like Paramore’s “one for us” after years of having to keep some amount of audience appeal in mind so it’s gonna be way more divisive but I’m glad that they made it even if I’m not a fan personally

Meanwhile in important Olivia Rodrigo news, Get Him Back with live instrumentation has strong Sublime vibes:

https://youtu.be/txMB2nWixHM?si=G5VWpFSbff7yox6J

And in very unimportant Olivia Rodrigo news “bloodsucker, dream crusher” could have been so much worse (or so much better?)

https://youtube.com/shorts/EyH1OcZkhL0?si=uwMMWvjC5qzj90K-

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

OMG Olivia you can't just call a vampire "garlic butter". That's their N-word.

I am using "Mark Zucker" as an insult from now on.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://youtu.be/eMnpHJ-qlos?si=i1WOZlkCFh7_kyYs

Not my video but I got to see this a couple nights later and she absolutely kills it, just a born performer

Also her rear end is fantastic

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

And in very unimportant Olivia Rodrigo news “bloodsucker, dream crusher” could have been so much worse (or so much better?)

Heard the radio edit of Bad Idea Right and they replaced “gently caress it, it’s fine” with “whatever, it’s fine.” Just losing that alliteration entirely.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh poo poo!

Foals
Remi
Wet Leg
Linda Linda’s

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh wow. Next year is the 10th anniversary of this thread's name.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Time for an update imo

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

DC Murderverse posted:

Also her rear end is fantastic

Pop Music Thread: Also her rear end is fantastic

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Gettin’ It Hot Like Papa John: Pop Music Thread
Eating SOUR until we puke our GUTS out
Pop Music Thread - Still just listening to 1989

edit: Pop Music Thread (feat. Carly Rae Jepsen) (From The Vault) (Taylor’s Version)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pop Music Thread: gently caress It, It's Fine

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

DC Murderverse posted:

edit: Pop Music Thread (feat. Carly Rae Jepsen) (From The Vault) (Taylor’s Version)

Pop Music: Bring buckets and mops for wet rear end posting
Pop Music Thread: yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss slaaaaaay

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Thread. This is the Pop Music Thread… The Elusive Chanteuse (Taylor’s Version)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Oh poo poo!

Foals
Remi
Wet Leg
Linda Linda’s
Original album's way better IMO and most of these reinterpretations fall completely flat for me. These other vocalists trying their hand at Paramore songs just makes me appreciate how much better suited Haley's voice is to them. Neat experiment, though, I guess.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Keep the thread title as it is it’s too iconic at this point imo

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Someday someone will make an album title that good again but it hadn’t happened yet.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Cemetry Gator posted:

flawless

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Cemetry Gator posted:

(Sped Up)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Remi Wolf kills it on You First, the range and lyrical content suits her perfectly. The rest I could take or leave I think.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
so what 3 to 4 songs are we removing from all the chaff and lameness and sleaze of For All The Dogs

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Drake hasn’t made a good song since Push publicly removed his soul from his body

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
hardly ever post in this thread but im feelin this Chappell Roan album way more than i thought i would. i like how self-indulgently sugary and maximal it is. she has a great voice and so much personality. fun album!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I remember hearing Pink Pony Club during the pandemic and wondered what happened to her not too long ago. Glad to see she finally put out an album, it's got some fun songs.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DC Murderverse posted:

Drake hasn’t made a good song since Push publicly removed his soul from his body
Didn't that happen in 2018, though? I don't think I've really liked a Drake project since Nothing Was the Same and that came out in 2013.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaNH6QD10sE

I like this Ayoni cover of "Too Good" and that's the only nice thing I'll say about Drake

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Rageaholic posted:

Didn't that happen in 2018, though? I don't think I've really liked a Drake project since Nothing Was the Same and that came out in 2013.

I regard Bad for What as his last good song even though it’s definitely carried by the sample. In My Feelings is also fun from that same album. Since then it’s been nothing but dire boring poo poo

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

TurnipFritter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaNH6QD10sE

I like this Ayoni cover of "Too Good" and that's the only nice thing I'll say about Drake

This lady has a great voice

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I just saw Lauren Mayberry do her solo show and holy poo poo, this album can't come soon enough. Are You Awake isn't really representative (beyond her voice being incredible as ever), so many bangers. Apparently the next single is coming this week!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Listening to Paramore remix album and Wet Leg cover is so much better than Paramore album song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Deformed Church posted:

I just saw Lauren Mayberry do her solo show and holy poo poo, this album can't come soon enough. Are You Awake isn't really representative (beyond her voice being incredible as ever), so many bangers. Apparently the next single is coming this week!

bop

On the streaming service of your choice but not youtube for some reason.