Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

She’s Jade Cargill in WWE OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

Not in NXT.

She is Carmelita Bunz and she is a baker

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Mods please make a prediction contest for the funniest NXT name for Jade Cargill now that she went to WWE.

The prize should be something cool and fun like a new signature

mod designed sig that reads "world's #1 [jade cargill's wwe name] fan" and the winner is honor bound to put it in their sig.

My prediction is that she'll just lose her first name.
No, it's the funniest outcome, really. It won't happen immediately but it will happen.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

IGgy IGsen posted:

mod designed sig that reads "world's #1 [jade cargill's wwe name] fan" and the winner is honor bound to put it in their sig.

My prediction is that she'll just lose her first name.
No, it's the funniest outcome, really. It won't happen immediately but it will happen.

They call her Car Gill....

OHHHH MYYYYY

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Not in NXT.

She is Carmelita Bunz and she is a baker

Can't believe she's stealing Red Velvet's gimmick smh

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I want projecthalaxy's hunger games to come back. doesn't have to be now, or soon, but they were good and i miss them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

neoaxd posted:

I want projecthalaxy's hunger games to come back. doesn't have to be now, or soon, but they were good and i miss them.

That's very kind. We'll see what happens.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

can we get somebody to replace pharroh with mjfs cat in the aew thread tag? Thats a fed dog now he can go in the raw thread tag.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
It should be tony khan from the 9 days promo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

can we get somebody to replace pharroh with mjfs cat in the aew thread tag? Thats a fed dog now he can go in the raw thread tag.

finally somebody is saying it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Suplex Liberace posted:

We waited long enough for danielson to be ROH again we can do the same for Pharaoh Rhodes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

thank you for saying this

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

projecthalaxy posted:

That's very kind. We'll see what happens.

They’re seriously the most fun I’ve had in TKO.

But I totally get how draining the drat thing must be to run.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I feel like maybe we need to reiterate or restate what constitutes a post worth making.

Like I know people joke about how wild the AEW thread gets on Tuesdays but every day now there's some kind of derail related to posters sniping back and forth at each other because they disagree on something. It's not fun or funny and it ends up turning into people literally posting one or two word posts back and forth.

I don't know what the solution is except maybe letting people know they can disagree without it being a personal attack? Like there's two probes this morning from two people sniping back and forth, one guy bringing up an event that may or may not have happened to dunk on another poster. This feels like a loving politics thread or something sometimes, just the nastiest and most low-effort posts flying around at all times.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I agree the AEW threads have been really bad for the last couple of months. It feels like everyone has been extra aggro lately and taking it out on the thread (and I don't exclude myself from that). I think we could all do with remembering that we're all just here to have a good time posting with our pals and not to count up how many imaginary owns we can get on internet people

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

idk, mod stepped in it ended pretty fast. sucks being called a gaslighter and constant troll addicted to poo poo stirring because i don't like some skits, but at that point you just report and move on :razzy:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Of you are guilty of anything it's being extremely sleepy but frankly I'm just glad you're getting enough hours. It helps to be well rested.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I wasn't referring to specific posters or specific incidents, it's an ongoing posting culture which goes way beyond one person making bad posts.

Shinjobi posted:

Of you are guilty of anything it's being extremely sleepy but frankly I'm just glad you're getting enough hours. It helps to be well rested.

I'm also glad yea ok is getting his 8 hours a night

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i stopped reading most of it honestly bc both sides of the shitstirring is trash to read grow up you nerds

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Joey McChrist posted:

i stopped reading most of it honestly bc both sides of the shitstirring is trash to read grow up you nerds

But not so much that you stop watching wrestling. Just enough

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it’s very grouchy. I know the SAS threads aren’t perfect but I enjoy reading through the threads there with real (enough) discussion instead of broad Twitter-style one liners and lazy, warmed over Rivals.com-style puns like Snoredlow that we get a lot in the AEW threads (and I’ve fired them off at times). it’s more substantive, you know?

then again, it’s also the funniest place for goofy image edits and videos which I think is the broad spirit of the forum even though we don’t have our old punching bag CM Punk around any more. if only the JR Dynamite preview guy was still around….

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

From my perspective I definitely think everyone's been unnecessarily aggro these past few weeks. Possessed by ghosts perhaps?? As The Hit Videogame Big Mutha Truckers 2 For The PlayStation 2 says, we are posting about wrestling on the internet.

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing about wrestling, having different tastes, and expressing your distaste for whatever's going on, just as there's nothing wrong with people talking about how cool wrestling is or saying that they like poo poo. But there's been a lot of disgruntled sniping, and more importantly a whole lot of Posting Just To React and continuing frustrating deranged derails. I get that it's wrestling (which is literally designed to evoke emotional highs) and I get that being accused of poo poo online can lead to emotions running high but sometimes a deep breath, the ignore or report buttons, and in the words of Christian Cage "Staying Off The Internet, Buddy" can work wonders.

I like this forum a whole bunch and wouldn't have stuck around posting here if I didn't, and I appreciate any reports and frank conversation going around, but there's been a noticeable uptick in people either starting or continuing fights and that's pretty lame. Keep the fighting in the ring, post about wrestling and not about posters, etc.

Try and remember we're all individual humans here and not, I dunno, some imaginary aggregation of Everyone On Reddit. You aren't here to own strangers online, you're here to post about how ROCK HARD Juice Robinson is and how it owns that Shibata regularly wrestles for ROH. Or maybe you're here to post your favorite Terry Gordy matches! Or tell people what Ram Kaichow is up to! There's lots of things to post about that aren't arguments with each other. So, just...don't be dicks to each other and post with your pals. Never forget that through all the moment-to-moment issues one may have, Wrestling loving Rules at the end of the day. Just try and be cool to each other even when you don't see eye-to-eye.

Thanks y'all I like posting with my pals :)

Erin M. Fiasco fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 6, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

also this place birthed the phrase Smaller Haystacks Calhoun which I've been giggling about for months so that's good imo

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

you cant just put us all in an octagon and not expect us to break out in fights constantly.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I think we should add “Shinjobi’s Quest” to the end of our off topic general discussion thread name because his anime forum friends won’t do it like they said they would and we’re good folk on psp. Also he lost all his money betting on me in a fight

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Big Mutha Truckers 2 posted:

I wasn't referring to specific posters or specific incidents, it's an ongoing posting culture which goes way beyond one person making bad posts.

I'm also glad yea ok is getting his 8 hours a night

Oh I know I'm just self-centered and feel the need to defend myself :shobon:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Suplex Liberace posted:

you cant just put us all in an octagon and not expect us to break out in fights constantly.

poo poo, my bad.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Big Mutha Truckers 2 posted:

I think we could all do with remembering that we're all just here to have a good time posting with our pals and not to count up how many imaginary owns we can get on internet people

My pals are just out of frame, posting too.

One of the most frustrating things about being a mod was seeing people devolve into the stupidest arguments in threads for no reason, or just getting bent out of shape at a level not required when posting about pro wrestling on a forum. I don't know what it is about wrestling, or maybe just AEW, that sends people over the edge here but it is wild. I don't participate in any other forums or discords or whatever about wrestling so I don't know if it's just like this everywhere, but it'd be nice to just have a calm, normal place on the internet for wrestling chat. Not saying everyone has to like everything the company is doing, because that's boring, but the sniping and biting back when someone disagrees or has an opinion that goes against the grain is just nuts.

I try to post with a level head but I even sometimes hesitate to post when I know what I'm posting is an opposing view (like not liking the Toni Storm vignettes that 99% of the forum seems to love) because I just don't want to get stuck in some weird argument.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Brut posted:

poo poo, my bad.

The Oildome wouldn't have this issue because every time someone tried to get into a fight they'd slip on the oil and everyone would have a good chuckle at their amusing pratfall :colbert:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

My pals are just out of frame, posting too.

One of the most frustrating things about being a mod was seeing people devolve into the stupidest arguments in threads for no reason, or just getting bent out of shape at a level not required when posting about pro wrestling on a forum. I don't know what it is about wrestling, or maybe just AEW, that sends people over the edge here but it is wild. I don't participate in any other forums or discords or whatever about wrestling so I don't know if it's just like this everywhere, but it'd be nice to just have a calm, normal place on the internet for wrestling chat. Not saying everyone has to like everything the company is doing, because that's boring, but the sniping and biting back when someone disagrees or has an opinion that goes against the grain is just nuts.

I try to post with a level head but I even sometimes hesitate to post when I know what I'm posting is an opposing view (like not liking the Toni Storm vignettes that 99% of the forum seems to love) because I just don't want to get stuck in some weird argument.

As someone who's in multiple wrestling discords (lol) this place is by far the most well behaved & least 'Deranged'. Make of that what you will :twisted:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

From my perspective I definitely think everyone's been unnecessarily aggro these past few weeks. Possessed by ghosts perhaps?? As The Hit Videogame Big Mutha Truckers 2 For The PlayStation 2 says, we are posting about wrestling on the internet.
It's residual fallout from CM Punk being fired plus MJF becoming top babyface. The ones who loved Punk were so disappointed he didn't get the redemption story they felt he deserved even if they had to acknowledge he had to go, and the ones who were happy about it wanted to start dunking on him like he was Cody, but it's still gonna be a touchy subject until the point Punk goes to WWE or something. The stuff with MJF is self-explanatory, he's getting over with divisive comedy, and the ones that don't like it want to fast-forward to when the live audience doesn't like it either and the story finally pivots.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I think it's a wrestling thing in general because we all have our faves. Wrestling twitter was what got me to finally uninstall that godforsake app, every time I'd log on you'd have a dozen people posting the crying laughing face and saying something like "AEW in the mud, Roman the best". Sometimes I think the AEW thread devolves in a similar way.

As Erin mentioned there's also this tendency to view a disagreement as a personal attack from a monolith made up of everyone who disagrees with you. I love the MJF and Cole stuff and will defend it to anyone who wants to hear why I like it, but I'm not gonna get offended if someone says they hate it. Who loving cares.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I always just say this guy is the worst they need to get fired or blow up in an explosion because it’s funnier and more interesting than saying they’re not my favorite. I don’t hate them for real or want to be blown up in an explosion, acclaimed being the one exception. Add Shinjobis Quest to the title I said

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think more people should be blown up in explosions

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I agree we should all be nicer to each other and I apologize for contributing to the negative atmosphere yesterday.

But I would also say that this place is pretty great overall.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

That DICK! posted:

Add Shinjobis Quest to the title I said

This is a must. Our beloved Drew Mcintyre/Shayna Bazler has unfortunately been on a fishing trip with his MILF for the last 18 months.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should make me the IK of the Gen Thread so I can give sixers to everyone who has wrong root beer opinions.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hell the only thing we all root for, is beer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mug is AEW Barqs is Endeavor.