Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Antigravitas posted:

In a rundabout way, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Smik posted:

OK what the actual gently caress, "No relation" was part of their loving introduction. That's like changing Bugs Bunny's "What's up doc?" to "How's it hanging, homey?".

I'd ask "Why even bother, why not just make something new?" but I know the answer: suits are absolutely terrified of anything new and would rather just gently caress up an existing series because it has brand recognition.

There's some good reboots like the She-Ra one, but when the source material is as bad as the original 80's She-Ra it's a different story.

Its ok. I'm sure they'll be *step* Siblings.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Regarde Aduck posted:

how many calories did you think 1 gallon of sweet tea would contain?

A lot more TBH.

Is this some sort of DIET sweet tea?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

TotalLossBrain posted:

In rural Oregon, it's all about the Dollar Generals. They are everywhere as long as the town is small enough.
I'm lucky to also have a Carniceria in town that has a very good produce/fresh foods section.

Okay it's not just me. Felt like I was going nuts.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

A lot more TBH.

Is this some sort of DIET sweet tea?

Agreed. My understanding was for "proper" sweet tea you need to be boiling the water to get the sugar to dissolve or you're missing the point.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

honda whisperer posted:

Agreed. My understanding was for "proper" sweet tea you need to be boiling the water to get the sugar to dissolve or you're missing the point.

As an ignorant Yankee, am I to understand that sweet tea is just tea steeped in simple syrup?

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

cult_hero posted:

As an ignorant Yankee, am I to understand that sweet tea is just tea steeped in simple syrup?

it's basically using tea as a supersaturated solution for sugar. I'm pretty sure if you let it get cold and smack the glass it'll form rock candy.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

cult_hero posted:

It's not literally true unless you're making a concentrate to dilute later; realistically, sweet tea can have more sugar than soda but isn't literally syrup. There are two main reasons you're supposed to heat the water with the sugar in authentic sweet tea:

1. It still takes time and work to dissolve all that sugar in cold water, and if you don't you get sugary sludge on the bottom instead of in the drink.
2. People swear it tastes different. I haven't noticed much difference, but it's possible sugar affects the steeping of the tea, or for the acidity of the tea to convert the sucrose to invert sugar.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
I saw the recipe for Cookout (an NC fast food place) sweet tea and it was 1.25 lbs of sugar per gallon of tea.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

bigperm posted:

I saw the recipe for Cookout (an NC fast food place) sweet tea and it was 1.25 lbs of sugar per gallon of tea.

Hell yeah, proper Southern sweet tea is pretty much just wet sugar :yum:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bigperm posted:

My first reaction was "that can't possibly be right", but that's actually a bit low. 592g of sugar per gallon according to their own nutrition info. Nearly twice the sugar per volume as Coke.

https://cookout.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Nutrition_Website-1.pdf

Healthier option:

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 6, 2023

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

My first reaction was "that can't possibly be right", but that's actually a bit low. 592g of sugar per gallon according to their own nutrition info. Nearly twice the sugar per volume as Coke.

https://cookout.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Nutrition_Website-1.pdf

unrelated:

Oooh cheerwine. Pretty tasty but I’ve only had it while in Virginia.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The Moon Monster posted:

Weird that Tom Waits is a fan of Raine Dog.

e: snipe tax

:blush:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Antigravitas posted:

"Do you like those women who talk a lot or the others?"

"Which others?"

"JÜGEN`s funny laugh pages"

My dad is constantly posting poo poo like this on Facebook, but in Tamil instead of German.

No I wont give you any examples. Most of you have seen FUNWAA, well it's like that but South Indian instead of North.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Help me Buster I'm stuck in this rabbit ho- bfwargh

I threw up in my mouth

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The good thing is fast food is getting prohibitively expensive so most Americans will have to look elsewhere for hopefully better food.

Buy now, pay later! Pay off your mcnuggets in 10 easy payments of $1.99

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

Abongination posted:

Buy now, pay later! Pay off your mcnuggets in 10 easy payments of $1.99

Didn’t Domino’s ACTUALLY do something like this??

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Don't you mean... hop siblings? *wiggles eyebrows while getting dragged offscreen by a comics hook*

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

tehslime posted:

That stupid Klarna layaway/multi-payment poo poo is EVERYWHERE now. Personal Debt is going to enter into all new realms of bugfuck insanity in the next 10 years.

For once Avacado Toast may actually end up bankrupting someone, if they start using multi-payments for every drat order.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dominos have accepted PayPal for years and by extension all of PayPal’s credit facilities

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So how fast are pizza prices increasing, more than the interest rates? Thinking about taking out a mortgage on a pizza, than flip that sucker in a couple of years for a nice profit!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/CentF5a.gifv

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

tehslime posted:

It was Papa John's, but not really. They put a Zilch button on their checkout page but they're almost certainly taking cash from that company rather than adding expected installment payments on pizza to their balance sheet. Same deal as those companies that "accept" Bitcoin.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 6, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It was Papa John's, but not really. They put a Zilch button on their checkout page but they're almost certainly taking cash from that company rather than adding expected installment payments on pizza to their balance sheet. Same deal as those companies that "accept" Bitcoin.

When I was broke, I would've financed a pizza had that option been available.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Poor dumb bastard is in for an even worse time with the rabies shot regimen. Though, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Whompst among us has not been friends with a giant pony blow up doll

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Lt. Cock posted:

Whompst among us has not been friends with a giant pony blow up doll

:siren: "Friends" :siren:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Friends with capital losses.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Friends with ponyfeets

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/sFpwOpn.mp4

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

WHOOMPST??

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Dick Burglar posted:

Poor dumb bastard is in for an even worse time with the rabies shot regimen. Though, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

One of my biggest rationally irrational fears is unknowingly getting rabies from a bat bite and just being hosed.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Lt. Cock posted:

WHOOMPST??

There it is!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Neito posted:

One of my biggest rationally irrational fears is unknowingly getting rabies from a bat bite and just being hosed.

A local idiot just did that and died. Found a bat on the ground that was "acting weird" and decided to go film a tiktok about it or whatever and try to pick it up and play with it. Friends even told him about rabies and he of course was like "yeah if I feel bad I'll get checked out"

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Baronjutter posted:

"yeah if I feel bad I'll get checked out"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Dick Burglar posted:

Fun Raccoon Fact: Rabies doesn't exist in the Bahamas and when I went there we went on a kayak nature tour and I got to hand feed a raccoon like that. It was cool as hell. I think he was semi domesticated and had learned to come around when the tour groups came by. He knew where his bread was buttered.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

I should call her...

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BiggerBoat posted:

Fun Raccoon Fact: Rabies doesn't exist in the Bahamas and when I went there we went on a kayak nature tour and I got to hand feed a raccoon like that. It was cool as hell. I think he was semi domesticated and had learned to come around when the tour groups came by. He knew where his bread was buttered.
There's no rabies in Ireland and telling non-irish people this has revealed that a surprising number of people seem to think going rabid is a thing some mammals just kinda do sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

A local idiot just did that and died. Found a bat on the ground that was "acting weird" and decided to go film a tiktok about it or whatever and try to pick it up and play with it. Friends even told him about rabies and he of course was like "yeah if I feel bad I'll get checked out"