Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd pay money to watch a show where Marshawn and Russ are living in the same house and have to find literally anything to talk about outside of football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Benne posted:

I'd pay money to watch a show where Marshawn and Russ are living in the same house and have to find literally anything to talk about outside of football

If y’all haven’t seen yet, the episode of Pablo Torre’s new podcast/show that he did with Nate Tice is predominantly about how weird Russ is

https://youtu.be/AO5EWTs6GyQ

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MakaVillian posted:

I honestly have no hate in my heart for either Baltimore or KC

The loss of a ring must be inscribed in the book of grudges

Papercut posted:

All Niners fans must feel something about the Saints

Eh. I don’t ever remember playing them in the playoffs back in the 80s/90s when they were good, let alone losing. Every team I have hate for actively stopped a likely Niners’ championship. By this logic I should also hate the Rams but don’t and I can’t say why exactly

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I don't have much hate for the old AFCW teams when the Seahawks were in that division because growing up in the 90s the Seahawks were just awful (cheap rear end owner, rip in piss Ken Behring), and that was back in the day of media blackouts if the team didn't sell out the game they wouldn't air the game on TV. It happened frequently, so I only got to watch away games and not really develop an interest in them. Also, at the time the Huskies were really fuckin good and kept the interest of Seattle fans for football. The early 80s teams that made runs for playoffs fell apart largely and Steve Largent retired when I was 2. A lot of older fans hate the Broncos and Raiders but I never got that experience.

It wasn't till the early 2000s when Paul Allen bought the team, the Kingdome blew up and Seattle moved to the NFC that I started paying attention. So right now most of my interest is hating other NFC teams alongside divisional opponents, and teams like the Cowboys and Packers.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DeimosRising posted:

The loss of a ring must be inscribed in the book of grudges

Eh. I don’t ever remember playing them in the playoffs back in the 80s/90s when they were good, let alone losing. Every team I have hate for actively stopped a likely Niners’ championship. By this logic I should also hate the Rams but don’t and I can’t say why exactly

My irrational sports grudge is the Saints caused the Niners to lose to the Giants in like 2010 or whatever. That was during their bounty scandal so my theory was the Niners were too beat up to endure 4 quarters vs Playoff Eli.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My main Saints grudge is against the refs for that stupid roughing the passer on Brees that was clearly a clean tackle which led to them winning that game which gave SEA HFA in the NFCCG and ultimately the super bowl.

If the refs get the call right, the niners likely win it all that year.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mustached Demon posted:

My irrational sports grudge is the Saints caused the Niners to lose to the Giants in like 2010 or whatever. That was during their bounty scandal so my theory was the Niners were too beat up to endure 4 quarters vs Playoff Eli.

On that one I should theoretically be mad the Giants, but the loss was so flukey (Kyle Williams :/ ) and Eli beating Brady again was too funny

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

On that one I should theoretically be mad the Giants, but the loss was so flukey (Kyle Williams :/ ) and Eli beating Brady again was too funny

Yeah same with the 3-peat denial, I get more mad at Roger Craig than the Giants

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I like all California teams. My parents live down in SD now and I went to college in Santa Barbara, but mostly I've lived in Santa Cruz and the bay area. If teams from the two areas play each other I'll probably prefer the norcal team but every other game it's California against the world, baby

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah, it came down to a Tedd Ginn Jr. injury and Williams muffing two kicks. I'm still hype enough about Alex Smith winning a 4th quarter shootout with Drew Brees that I can't be mad about the loss the next week.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Play posted:

I like all California teams. My parents live down in SD now and I went to college in Santa Barbara, but mostly I've lived in Santa Cruz and the bay area. If teams from the two areas play each other I'll probably prefer the norcal team but every other game it's California against the world, baby

Gauchos b*tch

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Thoughts from the Faithful?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38585095/broncos-trading-randy-gregory-49ers-sources-say

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

If he stays healthy he seems like a pair of legs to rotate in to keep everyone fresh.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

If he stays healthy he seems like a pair of legs to rotate in to keep everyone fresh.

Yeah that was my initial thought. Niners didn't give up much to get him, so it's worth a shot.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Rotational piece to see if he's better than Jackson/Ferrell/Hyder at this point. Would not be surprised if they go for another DE later.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Spoeank posted:

Gauchos b*tch

thats right

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
the real villain of the 2011 NFCCG is Ed Hochuli, Bradshaw clearly fumbled and that forward progress call was horseshit

the game should never have left regulation and then the second Kyle Williams punt never happens

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Waltzing Along posted:

My main Saints grudge is against the refs for that stupid roughing the passer on Brees that was clearly a clean tackle which led to them winning that game which gave SEA HFA in the NFCCG and ultimately the super bowl.

If the refs get the call right, the niners likely win it all that year.

I still have a grudge against the refs for that game.

Shame they let Hyder go, but taking a flyer on more potential edge pressure isn't bad.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A sixth for this edge guy and a seventh, plus the broncos pay his salary all year except for the vet minimum paid by SF, is a great deal for any JAG we might want, much less a guy that shanny thinks has potential.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Quit being a well run organization :mad:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Niners staff are powerful at getting the most out of their DL

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Nervous posted:

Quit being a well run organization :mad:

No. :colbert:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

If Shanny doesn't finally win it all this season, it's time to bring back the only championship winning coach we've seen recently: Jim Tomsula.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Coldforge posted:

If Shanny doesn't finally win it all this season, it's time to bring back the only championship winning coach we've seen recently: Jim Tomsula.

49ers need to go back to Serious Old School coaches like Mike Nolan. They lost a lot of games, but at least they looked ready for business meetings when they did it and that's what really counts. Arizona being the only divisional basket-case isn't nearly as much fun.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Schwack posted:

49ers need to go back to Serious Old School coaches like Mike Nolan. They lost a lot of games, but at least they looked ready for business meetings when they did it and that's what really counts. Arizona being the only divisional basket-case isn't nearly as much fun.

Nolan's tacky suit was worth at least a half a win per season

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Schwack posted:

UCLA just beat ranked Wazzu. Bring back Chip.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Nolan wasn't even the worst coach we had during the Dark Times.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Dennis Erickson delenda est.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Grozz Nuy posted:

the real villain of the 2011 NFCCG is Ed Hochuli, Bradshaw clearly fumbled and that forward progress call was horseshit

the game should never have left regulation and then the second Kyle Williams punt never happens

The Seattle NFCG was also on the refs for loving up a fumble call

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Not really NFC West related anymore, but watching Broncos vs Jets and not being able to tell which Wilson is the worse QB at this point, is a moment of pure joy in my life.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Not really NFC West related anymore, but watching Broncos vs Jets and not being able to tell which Wilson is the worse QB at this point, is a moment of pure joy in my life.

Imagine telling your past self that Russell Wilson would lose a fumble in the last 30 seconds of a game and seal a defeat.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MakaVillian posted:

Imagine telling your past self that Russell Wilson would lose a fumble in the last 30 seconds of a game and seal a defeat.

He’s anti-clutch now.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It really, really feels like unless something goes horribly awry, you can write in the Niners for at least the NFCCG right now. In pen.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Manoueverable posted:

It really, really feels like unless something goes horribly awry, you can write in the Niners for at least the NFCCG right now. In pen.

Yeah barring injury. Shanahan finally found his QB and the result is *very* effective.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am enjoying watching Dallas get destroyed.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I think this is the happiest i ever been. 49ers stomped the cowboys so hard they put 2nd stringers in for the remaining 4th quarter

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

algebra testes posted:

I am enjoying watching Dallas get destroyed.
Big same. This game has brought me a lot of joy and i have no stakes in it.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Goddamn this feels good

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm not a fan of the forward pass but whatever it's against the cowboys. So holy poo poo did Purdy shred their secondary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

It's always fun beating the Cowboys, absolutely destroying them is amazing