Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Not that I really want them to go back into the storyline, but following Sins of Sinister, Maddie Pryors resurrection leaves me worried about hidden time bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Immortal, Iron man and Vaultkids are the only ones that particularly interest me, and only just.

We're in the Sins of Hickman timeline where somehow one of the top Xmen titles is iron man.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Beerdeer posted:

Not that I really want them to go back into the storyline, but following Sins of Sinister, Maddie Pryors resurrection leaves me worried about hidden time bombs.

Maddie has a strong track record of noping out from Sinister's attempts at control.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Beerdeer posted:

She was brought back previous to hope dying, and that made it possible for him to control

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was a two-step thing: Sinister left the genetic marker in everyone's DNA and then Hope's weird mastery of mutant powers neutralized it because the Five intended on bringing people back properly. So anyone brought back before Hope's death actually lacked the potential to be Sinisterized

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Immortal Huh Xavier has not killed anyone.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

haha I did not see this twist with Sinister coming back to help

This issue also explains what's going on in the Jean Grey series and where all the mutants went

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I thought the books this week were cooking real hot :keke:

If I have one nitpick it's that Rasputin was acting real lovely to the FF, who are currently being written by Ryan North and therefore do not deserve this treatment. :colbert:

Tbh, it's actually not that she was acting lovely, which is arguably in-character for her, it's more that the entire rest of the team just didn't stop her for the whole long sequence. Like...there's a moment where Synch tells Kamala to babysit Rasputin, but then Kamala just...doesn't do that. She's in fact just outright missing from the next page, despite the fact that they're all in the same spot. Even for the usual forced superhero fights this felt forced.

I do like that Reed figured out how to mask mutants by loving around with the mutant-killing Covid cloud, which is of course the Inhumans' sacred element. Does Black Bolt know Reed did this? How did he even get samples? Love this man. Arrest him immediately <3

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I thought Rasputin just not even exerting effort to stop Ben and Johnny was hilarious.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Say what you will about the Sinisters, they are not quitters.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

This issue also explains what's going on in the Jean Grey series and where all the mutants went

Care to explain the connection to the Jean Grey series for those of us not reading it?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

glitchwraith posted:

Care to explain the connection to the Jean Grey series for those of us not reading it?

The lines Jean was saying matched the lines in that series. So her series is happening at the same time.

Jean is basically going through her history in her head trying to find moments she went wrong.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Jean is basically going through her history in her head trying to find moments she went wrong.

Seems a pretty short list of moments to me:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it wasn't really clear exactly where young jean was or how she was doing any of this timeline editing in her mini. like most x-men she's traveled through time, but she's never had time powers herself. so i assumed that meant she was just simulating it in her head after returning from the future but before erasing the o5's memories of the trip. but nah, it's much weirder than that.

i like it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I read Immortal this week and one thing wasn't clear to me: Is it ever made clear how they got ended up in the White Hot Room? Like did Jean direct the gates there with latent Phoenix powers in a not-quiite-dying-but-sure-felt-like-it freakout or something? Also, if the White Hot Room is outside the universe, isn't it potentially in the vicinity of whatever super gods the Sinisters were trying to turn into?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I would assume Mother Righteous is still the one who took everyone to the WHR, 'cuz the Atlantic Krakoa is there and we definitely saw her doing some weird poo poo with it. Jean was in such a delirious hosed up state (and still is!) that I'd be surprised if she was the one who did it.

How does this all have to do with the Dominions? Who knows! But it probably does, because that's the thing all the Sinisters are still trying to achieve.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
How did Atlantic Krakoa get there?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Danknificent posted:

How did Atlantic Krakoa get there?

Presumably Mother Righteous put it there and directed all the mutants who went through the gates there as well.

Maybe she's trying to take control of the White Hot Room, or the Phoenix. It was said that the only things a Dominion fears are Galactus and the Phoenix.

I still assume this is gonna end with Jean as Phoenix once more.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
MR is shown on the Atlantic Krakoa in the Gala issue doing something "arcane."

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Didn't Echo basically have control over the Phoenix? Rachel too? What's Jean's problem? Too much associated trauma to let her really roll with it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

she got stabbed to death with a soul poison too

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

she got stabbed to death with a soul poison too

That's a boring tuesday for Jean.

Did Rachel Summers ever come back? Last I remember she had been sent into the time warp to get 90s EXTREEEME Captain Britain (I mean, BRITANNIC!) out.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Sephyr posted:

Did Rachel Summers ever come back? Last I remember she had been sent into the time warp to get 90s EXTREEEME Captain Britain (I mean, BRITANNIC!) out.

Repeatedly with a bunch of different codenames. She was part of Krakoan X-Factor and also is dating Betsy now and she has a Warwolf puppy named Awesome Baby.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Amazing Baby.

I started calling my dog that because my wife wants to call her "Sexy Baby" and that's weird to say in public.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

rantmo posted:

Repeatedly with a bunch of different codenames. She was part of Krakoan X-Factor and also is dating Betsy now and she has a Warwolf puppy named Awesome Baby.

Are her powers still Phoenix based? That was supposed to be a big deal, since people shitnthemselves and go to war against fellow heroes at the mention of that.

I remember that like 60% of Excalibur stories were contriving ways for her to be elsewhere or passed out to keep the plot from being resolved instantly.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I think I remember her being able to access a portion of the phoenix force from the multiverse in Tini Howard's Excalibur series, as a loophole around Echo being the Phoenix host.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

hope and vaseline posted:

I think I remember her being able to access a portion of the phoenix force from the multiverse in Tini Howard's Excalibur series, as a loophole around Echo being the Phoenix host.

Yup, mostly in the form of fire magic. Before that she was leaning more into her original Chrono Skimming abilities in addition to the psychic powers she inherited from the Phoenix/Jean.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

She still has the TK and telepathy as remnants of her Phoenix power but she also has her chronokinesis, which was always her real mutant power. She's very powerful but not nearly as overwhelming as the Excalibur days and she's been written by people who have a lot of affection for her which has been amazing as someone who also has a lot of affection for her. Also finally allowing her to be explicitly queer rocks.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Apparently her whole Excalibur dynamic of her being roomies with Kitty Pride and fawning over the same british nerd was meant to go toward them actually being in love with each other, but that idea was nixed from above.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rantmo posted:

Now I miss X-Factor again. It was very good, but I especially loved David Baldeon's art. He gave Rachel JNCOs. :allears:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Sephyr posted:

Apparently her whole Excalibur dynamic of her being roomies with Kitty Pride and fawning over the same british nerd was meant to go toward them actually being in love with each other, but that idea was nixed from above.

I admit that I never saw the Kitty/Rachel pairing anywhere near as strongly as Kitty/Illyana which I am still waiting for someone to pull the trigger on.

Dawgstar posted:

Now I miss X-Factor again. It was very good, but I especially loved David Baldeon's art. He gave Rachel JNCOs. :allears:

That book was too pure and beautiful for this accursed world. At least she also got to do X-Terminators, which was perfect.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

rantmo posted:

I admit that I never saw the Kitty/Rachel pairing anywhere near as strongly as Kitty/Illyana which I am still waiting for someone to pull the trigger on.

Hmm. Could be I was just younger, but Kitty/Illyana always felt like genuine best friend vibes for me.

But Kitty going on and on about Rachel being perfect and powerful and beautiful, finding excuses to wear her clothes, and being jealous over time spent with someone else? That pinged on my radar even back then, however slightly.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

For me it was the age difference, Rachel felt like the big sister that Kitty wanted to grow up to be.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Just let all the lesbians date each other. If Scott/Jean/Logan can be a power throuple, I see no reason Kitty can't be with her many girlfriends.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

glitchwraith posted:

Just let all the lesbians date each other. If Scott/Jean/Logan can be a power throuple, I see no reason Kitty can't be with her many girlfriends.

This is a hill on which I am prepared to die.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sephyr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0iM3bkkpbI

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just have to wonder will Kitty date another guy named Peter.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

I just have to wonder will Kitty date another guy named Peter.

Well, I guess Parker IS single...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

glitchwraith posted:

You can have this, but in exchange, every single issue must feature something increasingly miserable befalling Colossus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that's already every issue of x-force though, so what's the trade off