Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

whoa, italians ride apes to work?

Let's be fair here, real Apes are way more powerful than the Ape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
extremely disappointing reply

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
imagining an italian sipping espresso while riding in a basket on a gorilla's silverback

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

imagining an italian sipping espresso while riding in a basket on a gorilla's silverback

that would be absurd

Italians do not drink coffee "on-the-go"

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

they tried this but the italian gorillas kept breaking down every quarter mile LOL!!!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

that would be absurd

right they'd sip their espresso standing at the gorilla bar to avoid paying the seat service fee

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
It can't be stated enough: the genoa bridge tragedy was directly caused by privatizing infrastructure.

It was inevitable, because for-profit business is incompatible with things like "long-term maintenance". This is what happens when you hand over your roads to Benetton fashion group.

We all know somebody there ran the numbers that the expected compensation they'd have to pay in the event of a collapse was less than what they could save by skimping on maintenance, they were just smart enough not to write it down.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

man this conversation is triggering me hard i really wish i could live in Italy but their language is how you say 'a-ridiculouso'

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Harik posted:

It can't be stated enough: the genoa bridge tragedy was directly caused by privatizing infrastructure.

It was inevitable, because for-profit business is incompatible with things like "long-term maintenance". This is what happens when you hand over your roads to Benetton fashion group.

We all know somebody there ran the numbers that the expected compensation they'd have to pay in the event of a collapse was less than what they could save by skimping on maintenance, they were just smart enough not to write it down.

No clearly privatizing everything isn't the problem, the problem is now those people are being charged with crimes! Can't stifle the innovations of capitalism with wasteful government spending that way

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

that would be absurd

I dared to suggest yesterday that my boss and I could get a cappuccino to go while driving to Sicily at 5 in the morning at the AutoGrill, and he looked at me like I was about to lose my job. We drank the Cappuccino at the Autogrill.

Also, prosciutto and Buffalo mozzarella sandwiches are S-tier.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ammanas posted:

Man this conversation is triggering me hard I really wish I could live in Italy, but their language is how you say 'a-ridiculouso'

Considering we speak/read/write English, I don't think we have any right to complain about another language being ridiculous.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
English is the default language.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Zurtilik posted:

English is the default language.

Yeah but it sucks

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Maed posted:

bring back cloves dammit I was so cool crackling while smoking

for real

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

FlapYoJacks posted:

Considering we speak/read/write English, I don't think we have any right to complain about another language being ridiculous.

english is absolutely a common peoples language. it is conpletely full of bullshit, you can barely speak it and be totally understood, and chairs arent female. its basically impossible to sound cool or sexy while speaking it as everyone sounds like a toaster oven.

learning to write it has to be a nightmare though

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Italian is not hard to learn but it's hard to practice cause there's like hardly anything to watch or read in Italian that's worthwhile that isn't already in English. All the books they read are translated English books and all the TV shows they watch are dubbed poo poo from other countries.

I need to sharpen my Italian skills to show my nephew around italy when he's old enough but it's hard cause like what the gently caress am I gonna do to practice. Read tex willer comics?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Maed posted:

wtf that's enough calories for a grown man to gain a pound every 3 days, America you fat af

that’s total calories consumed not excess above metabolic rate

it’s only two pounds a week lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

whoa, italians ride apes to work?

Why don't you tell us

Pepe

🤔

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Why don't you tell us

Pepe

🤔

I'm not Italian I'm American

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

Italian is not hard to learn but it's hard to practice cause there's like hardly anything to watch or read in Italian that's worthwhile that isn't already in English. All the books they read are translated English books and all the TV shows they watch are dubbed poo poo from other countries.

I need to sharpen my Italian skills to show my nephew around italy when he's old enough but it's hard cause like what the gently caress am I gonna do to practice. Read tex willer comics?

This is exactly my problem. You basically have to live in the country to get decent at Italian. At least I haven't met an Italian yet that is upset with me or rude if I am making an rear end out of myself while trying to communicate in Italian. :v:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

I dared to suggest yesterday that my boss and I could get a cappuccino to go while driving to Sicily at 5 in the morning at the AutoGrill, and he looked at me like I was about to lose my job. We drank the Cappuccino at the Autogrill.

if there's one thing I wish I could absorb from european being it would be the sense that not everything has to be done in the service of some goal
slow down
enjoy the coffee

get where you're going eventually, maybe, wherever that is

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

so before my VACATION TO ITALY i spent around 6 weeks doing Duolingo italian. the hardest part of it 100% was how embarrassed i felt speaking it. i had 2 choices: speak with an American accent and sound like a stupid rear end in a top hat, or attempt the sing-song Italian accent and sound like a stupid rear end in a top hat.

i mostly chose the former and still have residual embarrassment

FlapYoJacks posted:

This is exactly my problem. You basically have to live in the country to get decent at Italian. At least I haven't met an Italian yet that is upset with me or rude if I am making an rear end out of myself while trying to communicate in Italian. :v:

fwiw this was my experience using incredibly basic italian, i got the sense they appreciated my embarrassing attempts rather than just starting everything in english.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

if there's one thing I wish I could absorb from european being it would be the sense that not everything has to be done in the service of some goal
slow down
enjoy the coffee

get where you're going eventually, maybe, wherever that is

enjoying a morning coffee and pastry is opportunity cost that cannot be recovered. you have harmed the gdp and are to be summarily executed

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ammanas posted:

enjoying a morning coffee and pastry is opportunity cost that cannot be recovered. you have harmed the gdp and are to be summarily executed

No kidding.
Like when's the last time anyone in here dared to sit outside on a nice day and just watch the clouds

I make a point to try to do it every day and I still feel guilty just sitting, not thinking about anything "useful"

Our culture broke the very core of our humanity

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

:haibrow: In these cases, public transport should be top priority; but lol 'Murica.

You can't public transport your way out of a century of hosed up land use subsidies. poo poo is going to have to collapse bigly before the problem gets solvable.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

FlapYoJacks posted:

in my experience Italians in Italy are overjoyed that an American is trying to speak italian, it was described as both "charming" and "a huge relief" lol

wait what threa dam I in uh

Number is UPPING GOODLY today, low prices everybody! LOW PRICES!!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

You can't public transport your way out of a century of hosed up land use subsidies. poo poo is going to have to collapse bigly before the problem gets solvable.

nah not to be doomer in the doomsday thread but nothing in america will be solved. just degeneration into the final stage of american social organization: competing nazi cannibal warbands

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://x.com/zerohedge/status/1709996941554110967?s=20

Talk about America.html

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

FlapYoJacks posted:

If you haven’t been carrying a giant focaccia with you all day and eating a bit of it every hour while you were in Tuscany then you’ve been doing it wrong imo.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Maed posted:

bring back cloves dammit I was so cool crackling while smoking

If we're dropping all public health policy anyway they should let you smoke in airplanes again

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

If we're dropping all public health policy anyway they should let you smoke in airplanes again

bneen saying this

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

i would just like it to be acknowledged that the "no smoking INCLUDING ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES" signs in patio areas are bullshit. come on, this poo poo goes away in like an eighth of a second we can understand that it is not the same

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

i would just like it to be acknowledged that the "no smoking INCLUDING ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES" signs in patio areas are bullshit. come on, this poo poo goes away in like an eighth of a second we can understand that it is not the same

Idk I feel like if you "well actually" ecigs you're the kind of person I don't want to sit around whether or not you're ripping fat clouds

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Anything that makes smoker’s lives more miserable is good imo. Quit, bitch.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Spaced God posted:

Idk I feel like if you "well actually" ecigs you're the kind of person I don't want to sit around whether or not you're ripping fat clouds

oh gently caress off

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

Anything that makes smoker’s lives more miserable is good imo. Quit, bitch.

gonna give you cancer with my cigarettes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
if you are bothered by second hand vape? you are the biggest baby in the entire world

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Who's up for a hearty laugh?

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1710311207700168746?t=0T5kLrxrD3isyeWM386pkA&s=19

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

"actually it's just water vapor and it goes away super quickly" just don't hit your loving mango juul pod for like ten minutes and be considerate to those around you. If I can do it I promise you can too

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Spaced God posted:

"actually it's just water vapor and it goes away super quickly" just don't hit your loving mango juul pod for like ten minutes and be considerate to those around you. If I can do it I promise you can too

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Please tell me Konami is making it

E: nooooo