Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
picking up zelda totk again and drat, these armor upgrades are really grindy, i just wanted some bonuses like the miner top giving more glow or smth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

goro's apprentice oda was an honourable samurai warrior ninja but was also very hard to defeat, so when he got stuck in a corner i honourably fired a sniper rifle 43 times into his balls until he died.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ben Nerevarine posted:

got Cyberpunk working by running a batch file from Nexus that deletes and backs up some files in the install folder, complete with output to a log file, very old school. currently having an existential crisis trying to reconcile a company that can produce a modern technical marvel on one hand while simultaneously making GBS threads the bed shuffling some files around on disk on the other
this is the true immersive cyberpunk experience

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

More rogs should have you play matchmaker with your companions instead of having you be the romance target.

Never not torpedo Joker and Edi. Sorry bone boy, not on my watch

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Lostconfused posted:

How many Bethesda games have you played and still didn't learn this lesson?

the difference is I didn’t install any mods, I only installed the modding tools

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

MonsieurChoc posted:

More rogs should have you play matchmaker with your companions instead of having you be the romance target.

this is one of the things that fire emblem got right i think. video game romance is infinitely more tolerable when the NPCs are the ones doing it instead of some self insert proxy of the player

now if you could combine that with a series that didn't have 5000 year old 10 year old girls it'd be great

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

How many Bethesda games have you played and still didn't learn this lesson?

what? he was talking about Cyberpunk crashing, which isn't a Bethesda game

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I can't stop playing thrawns revenge. Zsinj was designed to be a guy who'd stomp and holler "ill get you next time rebels!!!" after every caper, well now he's taking over the galaxy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Honest Thief posted:

picking up zelda totk again and drat, these armor upgrades are really grindy, i just wanted some bonuses like the miner top giving more glow or smth

one simple trick: cheat

The item-duplication trick is quick and easy and makes armor upgrades a snap

Like, it's STILL a non-trivial task to upgrade armors because you need to get at least one of all the requisite ingredients, it's just actually feasible for people with a busy schedule and things to do if you do a little cheeky duping.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

loquacius posted:

one simple trick: cheat

The item-duplication trick is quick and easy and makes armor upgrades a snap

Like, it's STILL a non-trivial task to upgrade armors because you need to get at least one of all the requisite ingredients, it's just actually feasible for people with a busy schedule and things to do if you do a little cheeky duping.

I might do that but I'll prob just not bother with it, the armor upgrades seem useful but if it takes me a whole playthrough to fully upgrade a couple of sets it defeats its purpose.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it's Joe Camel all over again

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1710052519634772355?t=HnWRGtd_FCLHt1kgtzaKkQ&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

To be clear that isn't shell and epic, but she'll giving money to streamers and influences to do ads while playing games

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

putting the feedbag on my nerd before mosyin over to the saloon

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

shitfall

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Honest Thief posted:

I might do that but I'll prob just not bother with it, the armor upgrades seem useful but if it takes me a whole playthrough to fully upgrade a couple of sets it defeats its purpose.

Its also completely unnecessary, I did zonai armor up to 84 def and thats enough defense that nothing hit me for more than a quarter heart.

it is basically god mode considering at that point you'll have 30+ hearts minimum, could have easily stopped at lvl 3.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

bg3:
just found the gith whom i eggnapped from the creche and turns out he's fully grown like a few weeks later and he killed the sickos i gave him to but i just told him he was a dumb rear end in a top hat and then he said "oh my god, you're right!" and now he's just standing around in some wet rear end basement forever? unfinished game. drat you, larian!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_UuXnHvsIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIJ_qzf0CDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED-5426ke9Q

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I rerolled again in Lies of P (I know I can respec later but I don't want to respec later I want to respec now) and either I am better at game (lol no) or hitting things with an electric wrench is the way (it's this one).

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

lol what the gently caress

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udpgko69ND8

I haven't even seen the video but I'm nodding yes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
VMU called me a slur?!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

It been over 15 years and Sneak King is still the pinnacle of video game advertising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx7i-X1F5Zk

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

can't wait to get to gaming today after work...got Pentiment and Starfield in progress but tempted to give Counter Strike 2 a whirl too...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

a bunch of games and big patches have come out since cyberpunk 2.0 dropped and ive honestly lost track of all the cool i want to play

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al! posted:

a bunch of games and big patches have come out since cyberpunk 2.0 dropped and ive honestly lost track of all the cool i want to play

I haven't had a real backlog in years, but I do this year. Still need to beat Sea of Stars and Chained Echoes, as well as Baldur's Gate 3 which I needed to wait a few patches before the city got playable.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

pawg champion

what type of building material does the oil pumps drop?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

lol what the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iMM2vqrE08

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol shell in fortnite. maybe you're part of a fascist death squad tasked with abducting and murdering people and then you do a silly dance after you brutally slaughter a village

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

how dare you compare the two, cool spot is important

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Hatebag posted:

lol shell in fortnite. maybe you're part of a fascist death squad tasked with abducting and murdering people and then you do a silly dance after you brutally slaughter a village

They have the Phoenix Program in Fortnite?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yeah they hired some influencers, streamers, and a UEFN developer to make them tracks and videos in fortnite creative.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

skooma512 posted:

They have the Phoenix Program in Fortnite?

probably, they've got a lot of content. maybe you can make goku hook somebody's nuts up to a car battery or drive a dowel rod through someone's ear canal, idk

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

unironically a good and challenging as hell game as a kid

i never had a dreamcast but kinda wish i did for the nostalgia

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Oooh yeah

Al!
Apr 2, 2010