Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

we have at least two hippos posting on these very forums so I would like to ask you to cool it with the negative stereotypes :colbert:

Negative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Ah, the prototype for the Millenium Tower.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Eason the Fifth posted:

Yo this has gone unappreciated for almost an hour now

I’m oscillating between manbabies or murder.

Don’t rush me.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

This bus is now a bridge, sorry for the convenience. /mitch

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/iEPD74K.mp4

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Excellent

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Huh, I wonder who this warning tape is for?

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Wanna put that Welsh guy who does the snagging inspection videos on this.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Enos Cabell posted:

Audio on for this one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx7APt4uiL8/

I could listen to those sounds all day long.

e: dunno if there is a way to embed instagram videos

If you like that audio, you’ll probably like this (which I’m pretty sure I stole from this thread): https://youtu.be/cuxZ2u8-WXg?si=zg9hQdcb4Yglodf1

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Groverhaus? More like Falloverhaus.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Budget store Mr Bean.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I still don't understand the plan. It looks like the fastest route... towards a wall. Was he gonna jump it?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/faizsays/status/1710287715948707957

goddamn, look at that video frame right before the crash, autopilot is so amazing that it did not detect this as an obstacle:

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
A whole lot of article about Tesla's autopilot capabilities when the guy deliberately set his cruise control to 14 m/h over the speed limit.

e:

Here's the link so you don't have to click through X

"The final 11 seconds of a fatal Tesla Autopilot crash
A reconstruction of the wreck shows how human error and emerging technology can collide with deadly results"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/interactive/2023/tesla-autopilot-crash-analysis/

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 6, 2023

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I don't think the extra 14 mph was why it didn't work very well

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Look, human drivers lose the ability to recognize tractor trailers as solid objects all the time when they go slightly over the speed limit, I don't see why this is a problem

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Beartaco posted:

A whole lot of article about Tesla's autopilot capabilities when the guy deliberately set his cruise control to 14 m/h over the speed limit.

e:

Here's the link so you don't have to click through X

"The final 11 seconds of a fatal Tesla Autopilot crash
A reconstruction of the wreck shows how human error and emerging technology can collide with deadly results"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/interactive/2023/tesla-autopilot-crash-analysis/

Autopilot has a record here, so no the cruise control (which Autopilot is just enhanced cruise control anyways) is not the issue here. It openly sold as being able to detect objects and avoid accidents. And instead its killing people.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Omelets and eggs, right guys?

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

karoshi posted:

She almost joined sidewinder-guy.

Thanks for unlocking that supressed memory. I'm impressed at how instantly it came back to me.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

No. 6 posted:

To make an omelet you have to kill a few people. For their eggs.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

No. 6 posted:

Monkeys, if Elon's record indicates anything.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Warmachine posted:

Monkeys, if Elon's record indicates anything.
Tesla / Neuralink aren't separate companies... you think computers are piloting those cars? Here's what happens to people who find out how it really works...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/0R5msRb.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/d1FbgbT.mp4

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Reminds me off that Dahir Insat crosswalk video.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

This is why you check your pockets for propane cylinders before putting them in the dryer.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Phanatic posted:

This is why you check your pockets for propane cylinders before putting them in the dryer.

This message will self destruct on tumble dry low.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Why doesn’t the truck have side barriers to stop cars going under?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I like to think that that's train for "Can't park there, mate."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Stoatbringer posted:

Expense, weight, the fact that human drivers don't intentionally do that

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Stoatbringer posted:

"Why should I have to pay extra to build/maintain safety features that only protect other people from me? Nah gently caress that I need a 1% bigger quarterly bonus, drat the bodycount."

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Then why did they show it happening in the documentary film Christmas Vacation?

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Stoatbringer posted:

The only reason trailers in the US have underrun protection at all in the rear is because a very famous person was killed in a crash once.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayne_Mansfield#Death

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

silentsnack posted:

"Why should I have to pay extra to build/maintain safety features that only protect other people from me? Nah gently caress that I need a 1% bigger quarterly bonus, drat the bodycount."
side barriers definitely would’ve helped this tesla auto driving straight into it. this self driving poo poo is not even close to ready for public use.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I don’t think side barriers would have prevented this person from dying from having their car run into the truck at top speed

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

did someone forget a lighter in their pocket, and it hit just right to spark a leaky gas-powered dryer?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

edit: nvm

ethanol fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 6, 2023

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

did someone forget a lighter in their pocket, and it hit just right to spark a leaky gas-powered dryer?

i think it turned out to be a container of lighter fluid in a pair of pants

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
side barriers would make the trailers incredibly prone to high centering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Stoatbringer posted:

side barriers on trucks in the US would be a good way to increase rail crossing accidents 100,000,000 fold