Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sunk Dunk posted:

animal crossing fabuland

no kyle no buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

no kyle no buy
__________________\

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm gonna be in Bangkok in a couple months. There is a toy mall type place that definitely has LEGO knock-offs. I was planning on going just to check the place out. I'd been once before but only for about 15 mins. This time I have something to look for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4SB9SyTaWY

Around 2 mins the guy is looking at the knock-offs.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

HootTheOwl posted:

Wow carbs, I was impressed before but that was before I knew you just ripped off some poor schmuck in China

Lol. Also Carb, if you're inspired...1st gen CRX?

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone interested in an OG 6276 Eldorado Fortress? No box, otherwise 100% complete. If so, I can throw it up on SA Mart and we can make a deal. I'm thinking $250 seems a very fair price based on BL and Ebay listings for complete sets.

Not for me, but try selling on some of the Lego facebook groups. I'm guessing ~200 since Bricklink prices are always a bit higher than you can get in the wild, in my experience.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
This morning while I was building my 2 Fast 2 Furious speed champs skyline my son said to me "Daddy you like building your lego but why do you never play with it"? so now I am looking at more 'playable' lego.

I don't know how accepted Technic is round these parts but that seems to cross the "big cool looking models" and "actual play features" line quite well.

Inevitably falling down this rabbit hole lead me to the weird audi thing 42160 which looks like it might be a lot of fun. It's big and heavy and slow but the little one is 5 so i don't want to give him anything too fast and it looks like it's a good price for the control+ components that come in the box but I'm struggling to justify it because I have little interest in the prototype vehicle.

It's not like the Volvo Hauler ... but that's even bigger & slower and more complex and twice the price... also discontinued.

Now don't get me wrong I love your normal lego but it seems like the sets are getting bigger and bigger and I just don't have space for the concorde and it's somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for the big display sets alongside my child wanting to play with me. The ? Block still looks rad af but I'm just questioning my desire now to buy something that will just sit there until I take it down to dust it. I'm much more into Technic MOCs but still questioning £113 for a sub 1k piece set.

Anyone else into the control ecosystem that can shed some light. I already know I can use my razer kishi controller with brickcontroller 2 which removes my one big concern of the touch controls.

Edit: For reference the last big technic set I got was the Bucket Wheel Excavator which I love but also it sucks and doesn't actually function despite rebuilding it recently. I also built the little john deere tractor for my son because he wanted it and I am a pushover.

LeFishy fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 6, 2023

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

LeFishy posted:

Edit: For reference the last big technic set I got was the Bucket Wheel Excavator which I love but also it sucks and doesn't actually function despite rebuilding it recently. I also built the little john deere tractor for my son because he wanted it and I am a pushover.

There’s a much larger John Deere set just throwing that out there

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Dogen posted:

There’s a much larger John Deere set just throwing that out there

The pneumatic skidded? Yeah that one looks pretty cool and the pneumatic stuff is a flash back to my childhood but I kind of want to get something powered maybe. I’ve got all this ancient mindstorms stuff lying around and it’s getting me down.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

LeFishy posted:

The pneumatic skidded? Yeah that one looks pretty cool and the pneumatic stuff is a flash back to my childhood but I kind of want to get something powered maybe. I’ve got all this ancient mindstorms stuff lying around and it’s getting me down.

Yeah, I just was throwing that as a sort of tangent since your kid liked the smaller set. My primary experience with modern power function stuff is running the engines on the Helicarrier

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Once I finish my 688, I think I might build an addition to the house and work on a minifig scale Typhoon

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
Changed my mind. I think I’ll get the ? Block before it vanishes. Too many sets have slipped by with me not getting them because there are too many good sets.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Flyinglemur posted:

Once I finish my 688, I think I might build an addition to the house and work on a minifig scale Typhoon

But will it have the secret caterpillar propulsion system?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Dogen posted:

But will it have the secret caterpillar propulsion system?

That would be my starting point!

Awwwwwwww, he just wants to use it as a scratching post

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Please put the target as the butthole

Also I don't collect modulars but a natural history museum will probably be bought

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Natural History Museum Modular? gently caress yes.
Medieval Village confirmed? gently caress yes.
Fortnite Pinata?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

If you're in the UK, the Great Wave is available from Argos* for just over half price at £46.67.

*Sainsburys pick up/home delivery only, possibly.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Yeah natural history museum is a buy because my son will love it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Guess I won't convert the Police Station to a Museum then.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Guess I won't convert the Police Station to a Museum then.

Convert it into a derelict building.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Falconbricks/status/1710284565892190453

https://twitter.com/ItsUnusuaI/status/1710422582300754154

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Hah! Good luck Lego, I'm not going to go back collecting modulars! Until I see the Natural History Museum Modular

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
But what about your retirement?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Finally, more details on the Avengers Tower. I really want to see actual photos of it

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

But what about your retirement?

gently caress it bro. I’ll build a small pod to live in. Maybe goons can help me with the floor plans in 45 years.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Make the pod out of Lego. Bing Bong problem gone

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

obi_ant posted:

gently caress it bro. I’ll build a small pod to live in. Maybe goons can help me with the floor plans in 45 years.

I don't think you understand. You buy the LEGOs in order to invest in your retirement.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Natural History Museum has to be just about the best idea for a modular ever.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Finally, more details on the Avengers Tower. I really want to see actual photos of it

My birthday is in November, going to start dropping hints.

I have like 5 tower sets stashed away for a big MOC I was going to build (eventually). Wonder if this is set will scratch that itch instead.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

tomapot posted:

My birthday is in November, going to start dropping hints.

I have like 5 tower sets stashed away for a big MOC I was going to build (eventually). Wonder if this is set will scratch that itch instead.

poo poo, I got Avengers mixed up the with the market village. Didn't realize it was coming so soon.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
When is the Double VIP event set to start again?

I thought I remembered it ending on the 14th or 15th. I've got a $10 off $50 AMEX promo for Lego.com so I figured :shrug:.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BIG HEADLINE posted:

When is the Double VIP event set to start again?

I thought I remembered it ending on the 14th or 15th. I've got a $10 off $50 AMEX promo for Lego.com so I figured :shrug:.

The 10th. It's a rumor at this point. LEGO hasn't announced it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://x.com/jayong28/status/1710176469312471167?s=20

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

well helloooo there, juicy medieval market info. Sounds like an absolute must buy for me!

very curious about the natural museum too, but if I start with modulars.... :ohdear:

e: apparently there's more info/speculation about that one too! 48x32 studs is... quite something :captainpop:

ee:

Captain Duvel posted:

Please put the target as the butthole

Like so?

or like so?

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 7, 2023

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

That edit deserves to be the first post of a new page :69snypa:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I feel like in another era each one of those buildings would be their own sku so I could build just the cheese shoppe

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

TorakFade posted:

well helloooo there, juicy medieval market info. Sounds like an absolute must buy for me!

very curious about the natural museum too, but if I start with modulars.... :ohdear:

e: apparently there's more info/speculation about that one too! 48x32 studs is... quite something :captainpop:

ee:

Like so?

or like so?

Haha I was imagining the first one

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This is pure speculation:

But, the AC figs already look better than the Mario ones. That combined with the fact that there is pretty much no way they can make dumber sets than the Mario ones means AC should be fairly successful. And that means that Zelda can't be far behind. Just hopefully they do them right.

Mario probably would have been more successful had they done something more like the Sonic sets.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just want them to do one Metroid set. Just do Samus with her ship, Ridley and some metroids as side builds. basically that ideas submission from a while back. Metroid probably couldn't sustain it's own successful line of sets but it seems like it would do really well as a one off at least. Idg why they have have been so picky with use of the Nintendo license.

Id love Lego Zelda too, but I feel like a lot of Zelda stuff would be hard to make a cool set of and I would mostly end up wanting the minifigures.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I still don't know what a zelda set would even be. It's not like Mario where you can just take various bits and make a level. Would you just make a big treasure chest and then put in the little scenes reminiscent of dungeons from LttP or OoT or something like the question block? Would you just make a scene of some ruins with Bokoblins in it for BotW/TotK? They probably could make some fun sets like that for TotK of Bokoblins and a Moblin fighting constructs or something.

But I do want Samus' ship in Lego form. I'm not a giant Metroid fan, but I've played a couple of the games and really enjoyed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
There are TONS of iconic Zelda scenes they could do

To say nothing of a LoZ modular dungeon