Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

WrasslorMonkey posted:

lmao he lost the speakership and died

Ban him from california.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

titty_baby_ posted:

Hes leaving to start his own pot dispensary in bakersfield

weed is cheaper every other place than here

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

titty_baby_ posted:

It is funny that any time someone posts her with a recent reg date its assumed they're an alt of a permabanned individual (i know numbers guy has this whole pattern that makes them obvious)

everytime there's a big permabanning event I buy another account to keep myself safe

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mccarthy resigning before santos

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Joementum posted:

it mystifies me when people, like Paul Ryan, are confused about RATM

they're.......... not subtle

:eng101: There's a body of social scientific research dating back to the late 50's related to biased information processing that helps to explain this phenomenon. Basically, your existing political views often shape how you process ambiguous messages.

This was a pretty neat study which demonstrates an effect similar to the RATM situation. Participants watched clips of The Colbert Report and conservative viewers came away thinking Colbert was just like them - they were unable to detect the satire lol

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1940161208330904

quote:

Using data from an experiment (N = 332), we found that individual-level political ideology significantly predicted perceptions of Colbert's political ideology. Additionally, there was no significant difference between the groups in thinking Colbert was funny, but conservatives were more likely to report that Colbert only pretends to be joking and genuinely meant what he said while liberals were more likely to report that Colbert used satire and was not serious when offering political statements. Conservatism also significantly predicted perceptions that Colbert disliked liberalism.

E: early research showed the same effect while watching Archie Bunker on All in the Family. In fact, watching Bunker reinforced their existing racist beliefs lmao

Fireside Nut has issued a correction as of 20:36 on Oct 6, 2023

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

100623_4 posted:

weed is cheaper every other place than here

Are you in Bakersfield? You poor soul, no wonder

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Fireside Nut posted:

:eng101: There's a body of social scientific research dating back to the late 50's related to biased information processing that helps to explain this phenomenon. Basically, your existing political views often shape how you process messages.

This was a pretty neat study which demonstrates an effect similar to the RATM situation. Participants watched clips of The Colbert Report and conservative viewers came away thinking Colbert was just like them - they were unable to detect the satire lol

this explains glenn KKKrew

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lpzie posted:

everytime there's a big permabanning event I buy another account to keep myself safe

your account buying tracks America buying guns EXACTLY...

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

a.lo posted:

My bingo card is completely hosed

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

WrasslorMonkey posted:

lmao he lost the speakership and died

I know this feeling. happened to me in Conquer Online, a Korean MMORPG. I was top of the world, leader of the strongest guild. everyone loved me. then one day, I went PKing and the city guards, very OP, killed me and on death i dropped my very expensive +5 club to a weaker enemy guild leader. I quit the next day from shame .....

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
buddykins don’t say poo poo to the cops

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Lpzie posted:

I know this feeling. happened to me in Conquer Online, a Korean MMORPG. I was top of the world, leader of the strongest guild. everyone loved me. then one day, I went PKing and the city guards, very OP, killed me and on death i dropped my very expensive +5 club to a weaker enemy guild leader. I quit the next day from shame .....

that was you...

We thought you died.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
who died and how badly did they do it

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1709765049051381761

this mfer was named Mark Wayne and changed his legal name to Markwayne

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
tedlp

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Fireside Nut posted:

:eng101: There's a body of social scientific research dating back to the late 50's related to biased information processing that helps to explain this phenomenon. Basically, your existing political views often shape how you process ambiguous messages.

E: early research showed the same effect while watching Archie Bunker on All in the Family. In fact, watching Bunker reinforced their existing racist beliefs lmao

probably doesnt help society that tucker was basically using old colbert scripts shortly before they took him off the air and got a bunch of conservatives into tanning their balls rather than talking about jan 6th where that guy died tasing his

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/MZanona/status/1710344992433012857

Booo

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

a.lo posted:

Of course. Santos has a harder path to speaker and the presidency by succession if he resigns

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mr. Beast please run for speakership

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lovely

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I really wish this dog's name were Lovebag.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

an extremely good post itt

may wonders never cease

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

good doggie

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

LuxuryLarva posted:

You have to recognize that in some ways, at least, Trump is a political idiot savant. His entire public relations platform was "owning the libs" which appeals perfectly to the aggrieved American psyche, it makes his enemies look insane because many of them are used to being in the position of a person who can discipline other people for speaking out of turn, and a political movement needs some kind of psychic fuel even if it's just bullying people. He is a bad person, of course, but I think he's worthy of analysis if nothing else.

it’s not very original to be a Nazi

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

A Trump Organization executive told a court Friday that he inflated the value of a Trump golf course by $75 million under the orders of the former president’s son.

Jeffrey McConney, the company’s former controller, said he listed Trump’s Briarcliff Manor golf club in New York at $101 million in 2013, up from $25.1 million the year earlier.

He told the court he recorded the increase after a phone call with Eric Trump in which he was told 71 housing units were about to be developed on the site.

McConney also said that he had valued Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate as though it could be sold as a private home, despite him knowing that Trump had given up the right to “develop the property for any usage other than club usage” under an agreement with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, The Messenger reported.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Trump is the most interesting figure since Jesus of Nazareth

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023
North Korea in a surplus

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

Bethamphetamine posted:

A Trump Organization executive told a court Friday that he inflated the value of a Trump golf course by $75 million under the orders of the former president’s son.

Jeffrey McConney, the company’s former controller, said he listed Trump’s Briarcliff Manor golf club in New York at $101 million in 2013, up from $25.1 million the year earlier.

He told the court he recorded the increase after a phone call with Eric Trump in which he was told 71 housing units were about to be developed on the site.

McConney also said that he had valued Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate as though it could be sold as a private home, despite him knowing that Trump had given up the right to “develop the property for any usage other than club usage” under an agreement with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, The Messenger reported.

Under penalty of perjury I self reported

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
it's gonna be funny when trum is homeless because he doesn't actually own anything

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

Lpzie posted:

Sent to silent heaven :rip:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Lpzie posted:

another curious point which leads to much speculation: have you ever seen Jesus and trump in the same room, at the same time?

I think you see where I’m going with this…

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

100623_4 posted:

Sent to silent heaven :rip:

mods

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

DrPossum posted:

it's gonna be funny when trum is homeless because he doesn't actually own anything

I'll put him up till he's back on his feet

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

happy little friend! :3:

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

DrPossum posted:

it's gonna be funny when trum is homeless

Retribution & the Law

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023
:wal: The Individual & Society