Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Carlos Latuff

So Bernie is a warmonger now, and I guess we're supposed to sympathise with "Ukraine peace talks now" (which always means "Ukraine should surrender on Putin's terms). But that position is represented by the police which are usually bad :psyduck:? I don't know what Code Pink has to do with any of it.

E: I guess the cop took the sign away from the Code Pink protester, but the cartoon makes only marginally more sense even then.
E2: Political Cartoons 2023: but the cartoon makes only marginally more sense even then

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
jesus england, marry a loving train why dont you?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

So Bernie is a warmonger now, and I guess we're supposed to sympathise with "Ukraine peace talks now" (which always means "Ukraine should surrender on Putin's terms). But that position is represented by the police which are usually bad :psyduck:? I don't know what Code Pink has to do with any of it.

E: I guess the cop took the sign away from the Code Pink protester, but the cartoon makes only marginally more sense even then.
E2: Political Cartoons 2023: but the cartoon makes only marginally more sense even then

It helps to know that code pink has been co-running events with propaganda entities from foreign states for at least a few years now.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I love Garrison’s “This is Where Trump Pulls Out the Big Guns” comics, as it’s only been disappointment after disappointment since 2020.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

So Bernie is a warmonger now

Bernie has done his share of warmongering. The Afghanistan war which he voted for and continued to fund is estimated to have killed around 200,000 people.

He was always much better on domestic policy than foreign policy.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Oh god the Desert Hamsters, they were always the worst of war analogies which Stantis doesn't dare address directly and now he's found a way to make them worse.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

Oh god the Desert Hamsters, they were always the worst of war analogies which Stantis doesn't dare address directly and now he's found a way to make them worse.

The last time they came up Stantis was howling that because the government wasn't bombing the desert hamsters they were coming to kill us all.

Now all of a sudden they were never a threat to begin with I guess.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Marty Two Bulls

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Matt Wuerker

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Carlos Latuff

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

David Horsey

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jimmy Margulies

Those poor marginalized oppressed robots :ohdear:

Kellies nomination: worst false equivalence

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pedro X. Molina

The plane is completely missing the right wing and Gaetz is tearing up the left wing. A confused metaphor cartoon.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Look for the Union Libel

Quote same as in cartoon.

First Dog on the Moon: I find myself getting more and more bewildered each day. What is going on?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

wizzardstaff posted:

Those poor marginalized oppressed robots :ohdear:

Kellies nomination: worst false equivalence
I have no idea what that even means.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's about as good faith as that Stonetoss where the robot is taking jobs but then it's revealed that the robot was made in Mexico so the left love it. Or

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Look for the Union Libel

Quote same as in cartoon.
"Jobs killing Electric Cars"

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

agreed sad little dog, agreed

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

A key No argument is unironically Kelly's "when we talk about race" cartoon.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

I was just thinking it would be great if someone redid that Kelly for an Aussie context. Being an American with no drawing skills whatsoever it won't be me.

Maybe we can commission SCF to do one

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Oh Ramirez :allears:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Whoa, dickbutt was real?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Times are so hosed up a Ramirez DEBT cartoon feels like a gentle nostalgic breeze

Can we get some wormbama next?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Best Edit/Parody

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/WardSutton/status/1709961452511977569?s=20
What a bunch of clowns

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I really wonder if there's some sort of weird cartoonist hivemind going on. I know 'depicting my political opposition as clowns' isn't a particularly fresh take, but it feels like those toons have been heavily overrepresented these past two weeks, on either end of the political spectrum.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

I really wonder if there's some sort of weird cartoonist hivemind going on. I know 'depicting my political opposition as clowns' isn't a particularly fresh take, but it feels like those toons have been heavily overrepresented these past two weeks, on either end of the political spectrum.

I think it's just because "two things happened", and someone wearing a clownsuit is the universal easiest way to visually explain that someone dresses poorly.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

I just wanted to bring this one up again for one point. What endless wars are you worried about, Branco? Is the US in a forever war in Afghanistan still, Branco? Is the US still sending people into a quagmire that will last literal decades, Branco? Which endless war is the US currently directly involved in and not just providing material support, Branco? How is "Endless wars" suddenly a concern, Branco? Which "Endless war" are you so concerned about, you sad piece of poo poo, Branco?

Sorry, just seeing someone complaining about "Endless wars" after the US was in a quagmire long enough for two generations of soldiers to serve side-by-side makes me seethe. I know it's "Ukraine should just roll over and allow Russia to do whatever they want to it", but still, gently caress you Branco.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
At least out of the clown ones, Sutton's is a little more specific to what these specific clownholes have been doing... or maybe I just can't resist a honking dick joke.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

'Clown world' is also a reasonably common right wing phrase.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
clowns in congress outdated clownworld by a good bit

it's just lazy cartooning

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Randalor posted:

Sorry, just seeing someone complaining about "Endless wars" after the US was in a quagmire long enough for two generations of soldiers to serve side-by-side makes me seethe. I know it's "Ukraine should just roll over and allow Russia to do whatever they want to it", but still, gently caress you Branco.

It also comes with a side-order of "by the way blowing up 'the cartels' with drones doesn't count as war because they're criminals". And sometimes they slip up and say caravan instead of cartels.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Current events in congress might conceivably prompt such a comparison. It’s just that the memetic impact of ‘people making important decisions are foolish’ has been thoroughly ruined by frequent use by political commentators. They’re the boy who cried wolf, if you will.

The old white man who drew clown.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Randalor posted:

I just wanted to bring this one up again for one point. What endless wars are you worried about, Branco? Is the US in a forever war in Afghanistan still, Branco? Is the US still sending people into a quagmire that will last literal decades, Branco? Which endless war is the US currently directly involved in and not just providing material support, Branco? How is "Endless wars" suddenly a concern, Branco? Which "Endless war" are you so concerned about, you sad piece of poo poo, Branco?

Branco is a propagandist, he draws what he thinks will persuade people whether he believes it or not. When it's Republicans actually starting wars he's all in on endless war and anyone against the war is a traitor.

Also "2-tiered justice" when what he really means is Trump should just be above the law

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

My only guess with Those Clowns in Congress cartoons is that cartoonists find it a grand old tradition in the same vein as donkeys and elephants. Or they’re lazy. Because it’s the same joke that stopped being funny when Puck was still publishing.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

I was just thinking it would be great if someone redid that Kelly for an Aussie context. Being an American with no drawing skills whatsoever it won't be me.

Before: "Ayers Rock", black & white people standing on it holding hands
After: "ULURU" :latestfad: NO CLIMBING ALLOWED

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s support for motorists – The prime minister backs drivers’ freedom to pollute, while proposing a ban on smoking for young people"

Telegraph:

Liz Truss to vote against Sunak’s ‘illiberal anti-conservative’ smoking ban

Matt:

The Paris infestation of bed bugs could be coming to the UK – here’s what you need to do

Independent:

Times:

Rishi Sunak won’t repeat Suella Braverman’s migrant ‘hurricane’ claim

Evening Standard:

Sir Keir Starmer hails ‘big step’ towards Number 10 after Rutherglen and Hamilton West by-election win

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Apparently the woman's opinion doesn't count

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Speaking of repetition, I've seen no fewer than five "Republican elephant cutting off its nose" cartoons in the past few days.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Mirage posted:

Speaking of repetition, I've seen no fewer than five "Republican elephant cutting off its nose" cartoons in the past few days.

It's incisive commentary!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Took me way to long to get that the joke was "cutting off your nose to spite your face". Just completely forgot that expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:
One week to the Voice referendum so all cartoons are go.

Pope:

How the Voice debate is going: How a soap opera star pushed a conspiracy theory linking the Voice to Parliament to a UN takeover (ABC). "Prime Minister Anthony Albanese stepped up to a press conference in Adelaide in late September to make a surprising clarification, that the Voice to Parliament was not a plot by the United Nations to take control of Australia."

Rowe:

Donald Trump accused of sharing nuclear submarine details with Australian billionaire Anthony Pratt (ABC). The Pratt empire makes paper and packaging and in the US it's mostly cardboard boxes.

Moir:

That's Dutton there in riot cop uniform.

Dyson:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Ray Martin roasts ‘dinosaur’ No voters in heated speech at Yes event (news.com.au). Ray Martin is one of the most well known television personalities, journalist and presenter, who has won the Gold Logie five times and presented A Current Affair and the Midday Show. He was television royalty who the oldies all love but he supports the Voice so he sucks now.
(What he said that's got them really fired up is slamming the "if you don't know, vote no" slogan. Martin: "If you don't know, find out what you don't know. What that excellent slogan is saying, is if you're a dinosaur or a dickhead who can't be bothered reading, then vote No.")

Leunig: