Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Shaocaholica posted:

Apple TV remotes? Magic keyboard/mouse/trackpad?

My Apple TV remote has usb c, can’t answer to the other doodads

My suspicion would be that they’ll update them or stop making them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Probably the next Mac hardware refresh cycle will have them.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Dogen posted:

What’s left? They switched AirPods over at the same time.

Apple Pencil 1.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

~Coxy posted:

Apple Pencil 1.

I have a 2 and it only charges wirelessly… a dark glimpse into our future

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

~Coxy posted:

Apple Pencil 1.

Almost as big of a joke as the AirPods Max case

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

the 10th gen ipad is usb-c already but for some reason only compatible with the old pencil so you have to buy a dongle to use it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

iPad Pro has also been USB-C for a while.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Clark Nova posted:

the 10th gen ipad is usb-c already but for some reason only compatible with the old pencil so you have to buy a dongle to use it

That sucks.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Clark Nova posted:

Center stage or Apple Pencil 2 support, pick one

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Just checked the mouse, keyboard and trackpad are all lightning. Lol Magic Mouse is still $100.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I can’t believe they still make the Magic Mouse.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Shart Carbuncle posted:

I can’t believe they still make the Magic Mouse.

Ask this again in 5yr. Then 10yr.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

When the world is destroyed in nuclear hellfire Apple will still be making the Magic Mouse and the charging port will still be on the bottom.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The Magic Mouse is the absolute worst mouse I've ever used. It exists solely because it looks and feels luxurious. It sucks to hold, it sucks to scroll with, and it has weird acceleration and deceleration that doesn't match any other mouse I've ever tried and causes me to constantly over or undershoot what I want to click. When I first got a Mac I thought that was just how Mac handled mouse input, but no, if you connect a regular Logitech mouse it doesn't feel that way.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

lol.

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/iphone-15-battery-tips/

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

thx 4 the random blog spam grandpa

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tip 1 don’t use your phone

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

The Magic Mouse is the absolute worst mouse I've ever used. It exists solely because it looks and feels luxurious. It sucks to hold, it sucks to scroll with, and it has weird acceleration and deceleration that doesn't match any other mouse I've ever tried and causes me to constantly over or undershoot what I want to click. When I first got a Mac I thought that was just how Mac handled mouse input, but no, if you connect a regular Logitech mouse it doesn't feel that way.

It loving rules and you're just wrong. The charging port on the bottom is the only flaw.

The watch still isn't totally USB-C, but its exempt from the EU law due to the necessity of a special charger.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Haven’t they been usb c longer than the iPhone, or is “totally” doing some work there that I don’t know what it is

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Steam Deck charger gives a very fast charge on my 15 Pro. I have no idea what’s the wattage of these things. USB-C supreme.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Steam Deck charger gives a very fast charge on my 15 Pro. I have no idea what’s the wattage of these things. USB-C supreme.

It’s 45w

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Well my phone turned off while in docked mode.

I go on-call for work at 4am, thank Christ I happened to look over just now and catch it. gently caress.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

empty baggie posted:

It loving rules and you're just wrong. The charging port on the bottom is the only flaw.

The watch still isn't totally USB-C, but its exempt from the EU law due to the necessity of a special charger.

this is literally the first positive thing ive ever seen said about that mouse

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rolo posted:

Well my phone turned off while in docked mode.

I go on-call for work at 4am, thank Christ I happened to look over just now and catch it. gently caress.

There must be something really dumb going on with this mode that is causing these issues. I posted before about how the clock app froze on me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Even if the magic mouse had a sensible charge port I'm not sure why anyone would buy it while the magic trackpad exists.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

xzzy posted:

Even if the magic mouse had a sensible charge port I'm not sure why anyone would buy it while the magic trackpad exists.

I haven't used a mouse in ten years because of the gen 1 and 2 Trackpads

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Tiny Timbs posted:

There must be something really dumb going on with this mode that is causing these issues. I posted before about how the clock app froze on me.

I think someone also posted about how their alarms reset or didn't go off or went off early. I bought an old school Casio alarm clock in case an os upgrade messed with my alarm.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

empty baggie posted:

I’ve never understood the issue with the charging port. The battery lasts forever. If I gotta charge it, it’s always after hours anyway so it doesn’t impact actually using the mouse.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
But wouldn't being able to use it while it's charging be a net benefit anyway?

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Been wanting a really fast NVME USB drive, and also wanted to test ProRes 4k60p recording, so I got a $40 1TB NVME and $30 Sabrent enclosure from Micro Center. The NVME easily saturates the 10gbit USB link, and the enclosure actually comes with a data cable unlike a lot of cheaper ones.

ProRes recording works really well! I formatted the drive as APFS on my mac, no idea if you can do it in iOS somehow. It shows the recording time remaining, and the resulting file has a ridiculous 1.6gbit/sec bitrate.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1635758-REG/sabrent_ec_snve_usb_3_2_type_c_tool_free.html

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

xzzy posted:

Or even a $20 Logitech mouse

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Macichne Leainig posted:

But wouldn't being able to use it while it's charging be a net benefit anyway?

If it made the mouse cost $25 more because of Apple BS? No, not really. The charging port location has never once been an issue for me.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Yeah okay just invent a whole new reason it's problematic :rolleyes:

It's an objectively stupid design that practically every other rechargeable mouse doesn't have for good reason. The only "Apple BS" was designing it like that in the first place

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Macichne Leainig posted:

Yeah okay just invent a whole new reason it's problematic :rolleyes:

It's an objectively stupid design that practically every other rechargeable mouse doesn't have for good reason. The only "Apple BS" was designing it like that in the first place

Mouse looks good

e: I will say I don't use it as a daily driver, I'm on a Logitech MX Master 3S but I feel there is a use case for Magic Mouse. The Apple price is high but actually comparable I guess in its class.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 7, 2023

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

the Magic Mouse is proof that Apple does the bare minimum:

the Magic Mouse aluminum housing has remained unchanged since 2009

the charging port on the bottom is where the AA battery slot was on the original generation

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should let you use AAs again

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Now introducing Apple Alkalines

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gotta say it cracks me up that fingerprints on the edges of the 15 was broadcast as an issue. Sure your great mitts will leave a mark but they wipe off easier than from the screen. Two weeks in for me and it's a total non issue.

Jerks trying to farm clicks, I hate them so much.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Raymond T. Racing posted:

the Magic Mouse is proof that Apple does the bare minimum:

the Magic Mouse aluminum housing has remained unchanged since 2009

the charging port on the bottom is where the AA battery slot was on the original generation

It’s like a lot of Apple stuff such as HomeKit. Seemingly designed by people who have not and will never use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

xzzy posted:

Gotta say it cracks me up that fingerprints on the edges of the 15 was broadcast as an issue. Sure your great mitts will leave a mark but they wipe off easier than from the screen. Two weeks in for me and it's a total non issue.

Jerks trying to farm clicks, I hate them so much.

I feel like a lot of the "ohhhh people are going to be so mad it scratches so easily" stuff was PTSD from people who owned the titanium Macbooks.