Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

kazil posted:

I think this post violates the Our Rules

Yeah, if someone is keen to have humans on Mars, they should start with themselves !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

*visibly wincing and suppressing actual physical pain*

elon musk ftw.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

nonsense like this is why Visa spends the big money at X.com and not something awful

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

E the Shaggy posted:

Linda said Visa had come back last week. loving :lol:

I guess spending $10 is technically coming back.

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

These are the actions of a company trending toward break even.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ben shapino posted:

*visibly wincing and suppressing actual physical pain*

elon musk ftw.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ratjaculation posted:

I'm also seeing those embed boxes using Netscape Navigator 3.0 for Windows 95 NT (1996 release)

https://i.imgur.com/32H5UdK.mp4

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Ozempic and Ketamine turning Musk into a shrivelled skeleton man who cannot be shaken out of his k-hole stupor unless a toddler walks by

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Elon Musk should not have harm come to his person. That is a horrible thing to wish on a man,

for it allows him to escape justice for being a gigantic paedophile who should be arrested for his numerous and factual assaults on real children both outside of his care and within, actual real crimes that he has definitely committed with certainty

Haha just kidding that's just a thing we said to each other as kids in South Africa, of which I am one

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he's breaking even

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the only thing i care to know about elon musk is he bans people who call him a paedophile and unbans people who post child sexual assault material

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Ghostlight posted:

the only thing i care to know about elon musk is he bans people who call him a paedophile and unbans people who post child sexual assault material

What you care to know and what you do know are two different things, sorry

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

And gives ten thousand dollars to the guy that posted CSAM because it generated 3 million views which, according to elon, means it must be good content

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he's breaking, even

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Elon paid ten grand for CSAM. Probably cheaper than however much he paid Maxwell.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Twitter isn't trending to breakeven, they are now cashflow positive minus all their debts

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

kazil posted:

Twitter isn't trending to breakeven, they are now cashflow positive minus all their debts

now thats where your wrong the advertisers are coming back

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

if 4.4 billion advertisers each spend $10 on twitter then Elon breaks even

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

kazil posted:

if 4.4 billion advertisers each spend $10 on twitter then Elon breaks even

he's got this

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
So typically, when you block an ad account, the ad post immediately gets removed from the feed. When you block an ad post on one of Elon's threads, you get a message that the user was blocked, but the ad stays in place.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

I Greyhound posted:

So typically, when you block an ad account, the ad post immediately gets removed from the feed. When you block an ad post on one of Elon's threads, you get a message that the user was blocked, but the ad stays in place.

:owned:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Musk could have just kept his hands off the site, let it run at a billion dollar annual deficit, and by 2050 its operating losses just might have totalled the amount that it’s lost in the last year thanks to his direct involvement.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I Greyhound posted:

owned

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

I Greyhound posted:

thats why he's a genius

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Platystemon posted:

Musk could have just kept his hands off the site, let it run at a billion dollar annual deficit, and by 2050 its operating losses just might have totalled the amount that it’s lost in the last year thanks to his direct involvement.

actually the ADL already apologized for tanking the site's value and is now working dilligently with elon to restore it. please do not spread FUD around here.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

shake ya money maker

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

nice throbber

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m clearly not in the minority but it every twitter change makes me want to come back less and less.

Cool racist malware distro site you baby buying weirdo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

coconono posted:

I’m clearly not in the minority but it every twitter change makes me want to come back less and less.

Cool racist malware distro site you baby buying weirdo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
nazis absolutely love gesturing, it's what they're most known for after genocide

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

based user interface interactions sound cool as hell actually

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

must double user clicks at all costs. Remove news headlines forcing a context click-through, remove stats. Leave every tweet on the feed three words with an ellipse.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Ads when scrolling on Twitter now are like every 4-5th post. It used to be way less intrusive. Pixel perfection.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Swipe the wrong way by accident and get served an ad for Nazi pillows

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mike Pillows doesn't have the $10 needed to advertise on x.com

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im going to advertise on x

a.lo