Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Bing does ai img generation now. https://www.bing.com/create

Philthy fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
last one

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 minutes!)

I'm basically new to weed so I've got a couple of questions

had a smoke on three separate days this week - first was joint, next two spliffs cos i think the joint was too much for me.

anyway, it hasn't been that great. i basically just immediately feel like lying down and thinking about things, and i suppose my thoughts feel a bit more interesting and vivid than normal, but i was hoping to find things like games and movies more interesting when it's been the opposite. i put on a game i like and after about 15 minutes i was completely bored and tired and just wanted to lie down. there's no giddiness or i dunno, extra level of fun really.

there are some nice physical sensations but mostly they're semi-unpleasant.

all three times i basically fall asleep after an hour.

so i'm wondering, does your reaction to weed change a lot depending on method of intake - like, should i try something other than smoking - and does it change when you use it more?

i've smoked before but i was usually drinking along with and couldn't tell what was what, so this is my first weed only foray.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I know it's sacrilege, but try just having a puff or two and see how it goes. Also, try other strains to see how they treat you. Some weed makes me fall asleep, some makes me want to get up and dance.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

roomtone posted:

had a smoke on three separate days this week - first was joint, next two spliffs cos i think the joint was too much for me.

anyway, it hasn't been that great. i basically just immediately feel like lying down and thinking about things, and i suppose my thoughts feel a bit more interesting and vivid than normal, but i was hoping to find things like games and movies more interesting when it's been the opposite. i put on a game i like and after about 15 minutes i was completely bored and tired and just wanted to lie down. there's no giddiness or i dunno, extra level of fun really.

so i'm wondering, does your reaction to weed change a lot depending on method of intake - like, should i try something other than smoking - and does it change when you use it more?

i've smoked before but i was usually drinking along with and couldn't tell what was what, so this is my first weed only foray.

As far as my experience goes, the biggest thing that method impacts is onset time, which can definitely impact the type of high you get

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
yeah, porcelain one hitters are excellent for doing a super small bowl, its how I started smoking regularly and helped keep my tolerance in check for a while since its such a small bowl

but there's nothing wrong with just a puff or two and calling it good. I recently quit vape carts and my tolerance has been PLUMMETING and I'm finding that ripping hits off the bong is a bit too much some days, so I'm using smaller bowls and only taking 1-2 hits and it's definitely better

I don't look at it as me not be hardcore or some poo poo. I'm just being much more economical than the huge dab ripper guys

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

roomtone posted:

It sounds like you got an Indica-dominant strain :goonsay:

This chart is sorta bullshit and the idea of weed being soley a Sativa or Indica is a little behind the science, but its a good start

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
You can try a type 2 (or 1:1 cbd) flower and that should be a lot less up front and slower to build. Also its gonna be lower thc overall than most normal weed, and that'll help too.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Indica means "in da couch."

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

roomtone posted:

yes, and yes (up to a point). and while you should try edibles at some point, I would actually suggest trying to smoke less first - a whole joint is a lot to smoke for your first time out. It sounds like you're still acclimating to it and might be doing too much. Like others have suggested, try taking just a couple of puffs of a joint or getting a one-hitter pipe. (Or, consider getting something like a Dynavap, if you're willing to try vaping the herb instead of smoking it.)

And give it a few more tries before you write it off, there can be a sensitization period where your body is still getting used to it and the first couple of times aren't indicative of how it will always feel. (My partner only tried it for the first time this summer, and the first two times she felt absolutely nothing, before it clicked on the third try and she got pleasantly high.)

Crimson Harvest posted:

You can try a type 2 (or 1:1 cbd) flower and that should be a lot less up front and slower to build. Also its gonna be lower thc overall than most normal weed, and that'll help too.
seconded. I've gotten in a habit of having some type 2 in my Dynavap in the evenings and weekends when I still have to deal with chores and kids, and then switch to type 1 after they're all in bed. it does a real good job of taking the edge off and giving me a little buzz, but I'm still able to stay active and keep my wits about me instead of sinking into the couch.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

bagmonkey posted:

yeah, porcelain one hitters are excellent for doing a super small bowl, its how I started smoking regularly and helped keep my tolerance in check for a while since its such a small bowl

but there's nothing wrong with just a puff or two and calling it good. I recently quit vape carts and my tolerance has been PLUMMETING and I'm finding that ripping hits off the bong is a bit too much some days, so I'm using smaller bowls and only taking 1-2 hits and it's definitely better

I don't look at it as me not be hardcore or some poo poo. I'm just being much more economical than the huge dab ripper guys

I got a sesh one-hitter from Bespoke Post and it's been a reliable daily driver weed delivery system.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 minutes!)

cool thanks for all the tips. i'll ordered a little glass one hitter. i'll try just smoking less - the problem with rolling is that i hate feeling like i'm wasting it cos it's expensive so i end up smoking past when i actually want to.

i'll see if it gets better like this and if not next time i'll try to get a sativa strain before writing it off.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the best one hitter is a big bong

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
you can roll smaller doobies or cut off the lit cherry with scissors and smoke the rest later

or dehumanize yourself and face to fat dabs of rosin all day like the hard-core kidz

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

microdosing is so good with log vapes fwiw. i keep mine on all day and just do small hits throughout. on-demand desktop vapes are the way to go if you WFH haha

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
That's been me and my cartridge batteries.

I bought a new car this week so I've been forcing myself to not wake and bake so I can go pick up lunch or something

Also weed is expensive and some of that money has to go towards car payment now :smith:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

hope and vaseline posted:

microdosing is so good with log vapes fwiw. i keep mine on all day and just do small hits throughout. on-demand desktop vapes are the way to go if you WFH haha

it's true

also better for gaming to me. I always start the dynavap heating, get distracted, then gently caress it up, whereas with the Arizer I can just load a huge bowl, put the heat on, and draw when I can for a long time

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

This stuff could have gone another week but we're about to get 2" of rain in 48 hrs and then temps plumment into 40s and upper 30s over night. Basically everything is showing some amount of clouds, with sugar leaves ambered off; seems good enough to chop and get it all in before I lose 25% of it to botrytis. Per the breeder calendar I cut these at the beginning of the normal window; per my own general preferences I cut it a week early, but the Gods force your hand sometimes in all things agricultural. I've done my share of absolutely miserable mid-rainstorm harvests as a result of letting stuff go a couple days too far and then just not having a choice; gently caress that. I've been sick for most of the past 2 weeks, no interest at all in being out in the wet.

Hacked the fans and hung the rest; gonna be an annoying final afternoon of trimming but this looks like another 1-1.5 pounds of dry bud to me (mostly Peyote Cookies), and then I am soooooo done with this poo poo until 2024.

The rest of the land race before trimming at all. This stuff is practically self trimming, had almost zero health problems, and pooped out 22oz off a single indoor plant, so the overall economics there actually are not bad at all.

edit: that's about a 24x12x12" cube irregular rectangular prism of weed, and once it was mostly destemmed aside from cola-ends, it took up an entire 8L pot, despite only weighing 9oz :laugh: AIR BUD

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Oct 6, 2023

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Got some activated carbon at the pet store and shoved it in my bongs downstem. Just smoked some AVB with that set up. It is considerably smoother.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeah I broke my old one, but ages ago I had this little ash catcher that let you put charcoal in it, and it did have a noticeable effect, even without a lot of charcoal

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
Man sometimes i just get high and go through the Leper's Colony reading the bans. These things have me dying laughing.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Phat Phingers posted:

Man sometimes i just get high and go through the Leper's Colony reading the bans. These things have me dying laughing.

If you haven't seen EorayMel's posts of leper colony gems you should check them out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&userid=215113&perpage=40&pagenumber=30

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Snowy posted:

If you haven't seen EorayMel's posts of leper colony gems you should check them out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&userid=215113&perpage=40&pagenumber=30

How dare you post something to raise my opinion of that bloke

100723_2
Oct 8, 2023
when i hit the pen and go nonverbal

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Beautiful women are 10x more attractive when high. I'm watching a skit right now, and whoo boy she's like a empress...

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
you are 20x more attractive when high as well so go talk to some girls

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

you are 20x more attractive when high as well so go talk to some girls

Be careful though I think this is strain dependent

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I don't think we're actually high at all

everyone else is just really low

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

LifeSunDeath posted:

I don't think we're actually high at all

everyone else is just really low

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

just got cable installed in my head. these shows are great

adding: New Jack Swing is the best genre to listen to while high. i'm doin moves i didn't know i could do lol

Phat Phingers fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 9, 2023

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
anyone need any pollen?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Co-worker came back from her trip to the US, bringing my new dynavap and induction heater (and some boring computer accessories). Looking forward to the after work time so I can get the stuff

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

picked up this washable/reusable air-filtration machine ~6 months ago for real cheap at a charity sale. been doing all of my (dry flower) vaping in front of it and that’s worked out well

finally broke the thing open to clean it today. disposable first-pass filter was what you would expect, lots of dust and lint that smelled like the inside of a stoner’s vacuum

the second-pass washable/reusable filter was a surprise though. looked like it was candy coated with the good stuff. stuck my tongue on there and it tasted quite nice. figured i might as well give it a wash with ethanol and see what happens

ended up spotless, and the resulting ethanol/filter-candy solution came out a dark beautiful green with just a sheen of gold. looked like it’d been clarified, which I guess makes sense on account of the two-stage filter

don’t really drink much, so i decided against chugging it. threw it on a double boiler where it is now cooking down to…. i’m not really sure what? anyone have any experience with this?

seems like it’s probably just some absurdly clean resin? guess i’ll find out in a bit, but if anyone has any insight that would be appreciated :tipshat:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

lmao this is very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I think I had been packing my dynavap bowls too tightly and getting inadequate extraction as a result. Moving from Dyna B + Torch + tighly packed to Dyna M + Inductions + loosely packed has resulted in a dramatic difference in how high I can get.