Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

Coolness Averted posted:

But hey here's an actual heartwarming story

you DO in fact, gotta hand it to 'em

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
That Woman ftw

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Coolness Averted posted:

idk could be weird engineer brain trying to solve a communication breakdown with nonmatching libidos. So that's how he 'proved' they don't have as much sex as they used to or whatever.

On the other side I had a lovely ex who needed direct citations of things and couldn't process abstractions when I asked them to be a better partner. So idk, maybe spreadsheet dude would have been a better fit for them.

Owns. Was this the story that was reported on earlier this year or is this sort of thing happening more often. My friend got legit mad by proxy and it was embarrassing

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

idk could be weird engineer brain trying to solve a communication breakdown with nonmatching libidos. So that's how he 'proved' they don't have as much sex as they used to or whatever.

On the other side I had a lovely ex who needed direct citations of things and couldn't process abstractions when I asked them to be a better partner. So idk, maybe spreadsheet dude would have been a better fit for them.

Hell yeah

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
The screenshot doesn't mention the part where the landlord is scared to go outside in case the woman is there.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ensign Expendable posted:

The screenshot doesn't mention the part where the landlord is scared to go outside in case the woman is there.

The story just keeps getting better, Allah is great.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/1710069158967189701

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

biggest lol ever that we’re gonna ban a medication because people aren’t consuming enough

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

shazbot posted:

biggest lol ever that we’re gonna ban a medication because people aren’t consuming enough

Nah this is pretty transparent propaganda from capital to create cover for the insane cost of groceries (which has more of an effect than anything else)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm pretty sure there's also a shortage of Ozempic for items who need it to treat their diabetes. Maybe it's trying to get people to stop using it as a weight loss thing?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe the price of food has also increased a lot.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Nah it's definitely those selfish people trying to lose weight, interfering with number go up is a capital crime.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
idk how business works. I think I'd be annoyed if I was a shareholder otherwise unaffiliated with a company and they tried to pass off some bullshit about retail theft or people getting on diet meds. I'd assume they were making excuses for mismanagement. of course there's other poo poo involved that probably makes them cover for each other.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you don't become a major shareholder of a large corporation by not being a giant piece of poo poo that hates poor people.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

How many people could possibly be on a 1000$ per month weight-loss drug?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
can't wait to hear the white house press secretary blame gas being over 6 bucks a gallon here on boy math

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Why have there been more power outtages lately? Skinwalkers!

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

mawarannahr posted:

idk how business works. I think I'd be annoyed if I was a shareholder otherwise unaffiliated with a company and they tried to pass off some bullshit about retail theft or people getting on diet meds. I'd assume they were making excuses for mismanagement. of course there's other poo poo involved that probably makes them cover for each other.

they're telling the shareholders the truth in the kinds of things shareholders read. the "RARG shoplifting!!!!" is just thrown out for credulous idiots in the usual propaganda rags.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Harik posted:

they're telling the shareholders the truth in the kinds of things shareholders read. the "RARG shoplifting!!!!" is just thrown out for credulous idiots in the usual propaganda rags.

ie reddit

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Yanis Varoufakis is bae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A4dMK7S6KE

Techno feudalism is here, deposing capitalism

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I'm pretty sure there's also a shortage of Ozempic for items who need it to treat their diabetes.

I know capitalism dehumanises us all, but can we call them people?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Halisnacks posted:

I'll meet you halfway at "consumers"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Halisnacks posted:

Man I dunno what happened there. I didn't proofread and don't even know what I meant to put there, because it definitely doesn't share keystrokes with people. Ugh.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If people would just stick to the food pyramid I was taught in the 90's it would really help the economy

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
6-11 servings of grains a day, people!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

euphronius posted:

maybe the price of food has also increased a lot.

The article itself makes it clear, Walmart tracked all the customers, and discovered those that filled a prescription at their pharmacy started buying less food.

The capitalist dystopia of having your medical history spied upon to maximize how much dangerously unhealthy processed food you eat is to be considered normal

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ikanreed posted:

The article itself makes it clear, Walmart tracked all the customers, and discovered those that filled a prescription at their pharmacy started buying less food.

The capitalist dystopia of having your medical history spied upon to maximize how much dangerously unhealthy processed food you eat is to be considered normal

This is hosed! Not the company you want lobbying against your medication either.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

SpacePig posted:

Man I dunno what happened there. I didn't proofread and don't even know what I meant to put there, because it definitely doesn't share keystrokes with people. Ugh.

Gossip mags taught me an item is two people

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This is hosed! Not the company you want lobbying against your medication either.

Pictured, walmart and consumers after lobbying congress:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Harik posted:

sassafras trees aren't illegal, you just can't sell it as food product.

I think? That'd be pretty nuts since we used to find them in the wild and strip some twigs for the smell.

correct

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

There's some kind of sassy tree out there that gives me ecstasy???

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Dude chemistry means everything is drugs

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Dude chemistry means everything is drugs

And lady chemistry means everything is pink.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Safrole, one of the components in sassafras tea/etc, is a known carcinogen. It wasn't made illegal in commerce just for grinsies. If you want to flavor things with sassafras, you can buy safrole-free concentrate.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

but I liked the carcinogens...

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Milo and POTUS posted:

but I liked the carcinogens...

Then you are in luck, they are in a lot of things!

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Safrole, one of the components in sassafras tea/etc, is a known carcinogen. It wasn't made illegal in commerce just for grinsies. If you want to flavor things with sassafras, you can buy safrole-free concentrate.

mdma isn't a carcinogen, guess we gotta just take all that nasty safrole we can and turn it into mdma just to be safe. I'm happy to bite the bullet and be the one who safeguards it all

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

We are all voluntary cloud serfs

I enjoyed (is that the right word?) this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A4dMK7S6KE

Amphigory has issued a correction as of 14:13 on Oct 9, 2023

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's so over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Paladinus posted:

And lady chemistry means everything is pink.

After considering it I have come to the conclusion that yes it is pink drugs &/or trans flag drugs