Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's ~210 wishes but yes. I've rolled on wb a bit (6 pities since launch?) but never for more than one pity and its been a good experience, most banners have 2 good weapons these days. Back in the days of the geo series I never touched it.

Rolling for Ayato's weapon was the one that was kind of a mistake I love the character but his sword is straight up black sword R5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i really didn’t ever think i would say this being a day one player but…

i am so tired of klee

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Has anyone managed to find the delivery person in the brightcrown mountains that helga mentions wheb you talk to her? The location in the dialogue was highlighted in blue so I assume they should be out there

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

MNSNTZR posted:

i am so tired of klee

Burn the heretic.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Has anyone managed to find the delivery person in the brightcrown mountains that helga mentions wheb you talk to her? The location in the dialogue was highlighted in blue so I assume they should be out there

they are!

location spoilered in case someone wants to find them themselves

ish. I dipped before taking a screenshot and they were gone by the time I returned. but they are on the shore.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Damnit! I was searching all the higher up locations

Kale
May 14, 2010

Maxwells Demon posted:

As someone who's played since 1.1 and has done occasional Welkins and Battle Passes, but more often than not just plays the game: It's disappointing that most of the 4*'s in the next few wish cycles are either characters I have C6'd or are not very good. Very few new characters, and fleetingly less one's worth getting constellations of while rolling for a 5*. I wish (har har) that every 5* created means a 4* is also created, so we get some novelty and less feel-bads by hitting C10 or whatever on characters.

I just realized I actually dont have Kaveh the other day and yeah every 4 star in the last several banners I seemed to have C6'ed already except for Faruzan.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MNSNTZR posted:

i am so tired of klee

not tired of Klee :colbert:

The only character I ever really got sick of was Kazuha. The summer event was way too much, and I can't imagine them ever making his backstory interesting

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

If I only can currently get 40/80 CR to CD on my Neuv using a CR circlet, should I just not bother with crit and switch it over to an HP circ? My substat rolls haven't been very nice to me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If it's marchessee you can have zero crit substat rolls on neuvillette and he'll still be 72CR 90CD.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ah shoot, I forgot about the marechaussee bonus. Maybe I should have made the circ a CD instead. oh well.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Huh. Random pull got a Neuv -- I must've pulled more for Zhongli (and failed) than I'd thought.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

not tired of Klee :colbert:

The only character I ever really got sick of was Kazuha. The summer event was way too much, and I can't imagine them ever making his backstory interesting

the only interesting part of kazuha’s backstory is about a completely different person hyv won’t make playable or whose implications of how visions work won’t ever get touched on again, so agreed.

i feel like we JUST got finished spending the whole drat summer with klee. can we see how, like… ayato or sara or somebody is doing? (no, the event wouldn’t be interesting but neither are klee’s after GAA1)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MNSNTZR posted:

the only interesting part of kazuha’s backstory is about a completely different person hyv won’t make playable or whose implications of how visions work won’t ever get touched on again, so agreed.

i feel like we JUST got finished spending the whole drat summer with klee. can we see how, like… ayato or sara or somebody is doing? (no, the event wouldn’t be interesting but neither are klee’s after GAA1)

Sara's event would be about trying to get her to stop talking about the Raiden Shogun and find something else in her life to do

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Maxwells Demon posted:

As someone who's played since 1.1 and has done occasional Welkins and Battle Passes, but more often than not just plays the game: It's disappointing that most of the 4*'s in the next few wish cycles are either characters I have C6'd or are not very good. Very few new characters, and fleetingly less one's worth getting constellations of while rolling for a 5*. I wish (har har) that every 5* created means a 4* is also created, so we get some novelty and less feel-bads by hitting C10 or whatever on characters.

I agree but at the same time they have really been withholding units like XQ from new players, so although it sucks for us it’s good to give newer people the chance to get and build up the really good early 4 stars.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Shinji2015 posted:

Sara's event would be about trying to get her to stop talking about the Raiden Shogun and find something else in her life to do

Counterpoint - A Sara-centred event that's a comedy-of-errors where Sara hosts a last-minute dinner party for her boss (Raiden Shogun, who was told by Yae to go make other friends), and we need to help her hide the gigantic piles of statues, wall-scrolls, and light novels of/about Raiden while putting together an unforgettable dining experience.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

rio posted:

I agree but at the same time they have really been withholding units like XQ from new players, so although it sucks for us it’s good to give newer people the chance to get and build up the really good early 4 stars.

plus, it’s cashback banners for some of us. c3ing neuvillette is building me a squirrel fund for wriothesley or furina, for example.

but boy, i really don’t want furina outside of her utility with neuvillette. it feels silly to invest so hard in him without getting someone to buff him even further, but off-meta characters like wriothesley are just pure fun. i still dust off heizou for the overworld. furina doesn’t look fun! :colbert:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MNSNTZR posted:

plus, it’s cashback banners for some of us. c3ing neuvillette is building me a squirrel fund for wriothesley or furina, for example.

but boy, i really don’t want furina outside of her utility with neuvillette. it feels silly to invest so hard in him without getting someone to buff him even further, but off-meta characters like wriothesley are just pure fun. i still dust off heizou for the overworld. furina doesn’t look fun! :colbert:
She'll be good for a little more than that I hope!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Furina is kind of boring in that she just uses her skill and then the summons do their thing on their own. But pet characters aren't my thing to begin with so :shrug: Still she looks really strong. Not having a Festering Desire loving sucks though, the bp sword is strong but locks me into refining it forever and requires much more ER%.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

No Wave posted:

She'll be good for a little more than that I hope!

I was looking forward to running Noelle in a hyperbloom team where she mostly spins, but this looks good too. I'm also considering how Qiqi's cooldowns line up with Furina's timing. Also, charge attack Diluc might be pretty okay. Furina just seems like a huge buff for 1.0 characters.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

LeastActionHero posted:

Counterpoint - A Sara-centred event that's a comedy-of-errors where Sara hosts a last-minute dinner party for her boss (Raiden Shogun, who was told by Yae to go make other friends), and we need to help her hide the gigantic piles of statues, wall-scrolls, and light novels of/about Raiden while putting together an unforgettable dining experience.
Does Raiden Shogun even care about making friends? Maybe Ei does and idk if Ei has even met Sara yet

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

MNSNTZR posted:

I don't remember, have we seen specifically how he became a pirate?
But also Kazuha is, at present, a pirate/samurai/poet/musician. I am sick of Kazuha's distant past, but his present is dope and I would welcome more Kazuha with a focus on that.

gently caress the GAA even established that he doesn't even care about his backstory very much anymore.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Captain France posted:

I don't remember, have we seen specifically how he became a pirate?
But also Kazuha is, at present, a pirate/samurai/poet/musician. I am sick of Kazuha's distant past, but his present is dope and I would welcome more Kazuha with a focus on that.
The character story seems to imply that he joined up with Beidou right after his friend died and Kazuha took his vision: that he just left from there and went to Ritou to try to get out of Inazuma.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tampa Bae posted:

Does Raiden Shogun even care about making friends? Maybe Ei does and idk if Ei has even met Sara yet

Pretty sure she has during an event, but Sara was too embarrassed to handle the moment iirc

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

This is the second time we saw them in the same scene.

The first time:

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 7, 2023

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
That was Raiden who was in the Seniora scene wasn't it? It's not super clear which is which sometimes but the cutscene makes it look like Ei is the one who stands up and starts walking to Signora and Shogun is the one who carries out the execution. Usually the puppet has glowing eyes

either way Sara was unconscious

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

either way Sara was unconscious
Sure, but I figure a few minutes ago she wasn't!

rio
Mar 20, 2008

MNSNTZR posted:

Yeah I have to agree. Got enough characters to press E and have them sit on the sidelines while their damage is all from off field. At the least their limited time on field should be fun if it’s a support, and so far I’m not sold on Futuna’s fun factor at all. But that said, I am very into Neuvi so I still want her so I can crack him out as much as possible, and I imagine she will also be good for upcoming characters too since Hoyo likes to sell solutions to things that don’t exist yet.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My take is kind of the opposite. I have lots of greedy DPSs, but far fewer supports that are worthwhile. While hydro is the element with a TON of off field supports, it still doesn't fill the need for more.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I'm going to pull for Furina because I think she's cute. That's my entire reasoning.

Luckily, I do have a Festering Desire, but it's only at Refinement Rank 2.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Obnoxipus posted:

I'm going to pull for Furina because I think she's cute. That's my entire reasoning.

This. I don't have a drat thing for her to wield I don't think, but I need the cringe fail archon.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I've had C1 Hutao and R1 Homa for a couple o years now, I wonder how worth it her C2 is. Seems like I am sitting on more than enough wishes to C2 Furina. Is there some kind of spreadsheet somewhere that breaks down the value of each constelation/sig weapon refinement into a percentage of DPS increase?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

I've had C1 Hutao and R1 Homa for a couple o years now, I wonder how worth it her C2 is. Seems like I am sitting on more than enough wishes to C2 Furina. Is there some kind of spreadsheet somewhere that breaks down the value of each constelation/sig weapon refinement into a percentage of DPS increase?

Try this? https://keqingmains.com/hu-tao/#Constellations It has constellations at least.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BabyRyoga posted:

Her C2 really depends on the situation she's in and the team she's on. Blood blossom damage is actually non-trivial if you have a high HP build or some other way of boosting Hu Tao's max HP. It's value really comes in knowing when to fire off her ult and switch to your hydro DPSs and use it for off field pyro damage/application. I consider it to be her weakest constellation.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

Keqing Mains guides have most of them yeah. You could also just plug your build into

https://simpact.app/

If the team you use isn't listed in here then you have to input an ideal rotation yourself (and some of the teams have imperfect rotations) but it's quite easy to just adjust the stats of the characters to yours and then plug in a constellation increase or a weapon refinement increase and see how much your damage increases.

That said signature weapon refinements are rarely worth it. Having a second Staff of Homa is much more useful than the slight damage increase of Hu Tao having an R2 Staff of Homa instead of R1.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
does Lisa sound off in this event to anyone else?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Anora posted:

I thought it was just me and that I hadn’t heard her voice for a while, but yeah I did think she sounded different.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The recording was bad in EN either way. Had the graininess that happens every so often.

Kale
May 14, 2010

All I know is I cant see them doing the English voice actress for Lisa also doing Murata when its inevitably a Himeko. Also gonna reiterate how aside from Lantern Rite they always seem to center the events around some of the characters I'm least interested in lately. Its always the cutesy characters like Collei, Sucrose, Klee and Layla it feels. The last event story I particularly enjoyed still remains the Inter Darshan tournament one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Anora posted:

I was wondering if maybe they had changed her VA or something but thought I must have just been crazy.