Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Gotta hand it to Hamas, parasailing into occupied territories and liberating them is pretty badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

Incredible video. So we’re now just filming military incursions like it’s a Schwarzenegger movie…

https://twitter.com/swilkinsonbc/status/1710577172358828434?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

There's first person camera footage of soldiers in Ukraine clearing trenches with anime girls painted on their guns. We skipped past Schwarzenegger ages ago we're more in Call of Duty world.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Islamic State was the first time I recall seeing high production value combat footage propaganda. It's fairly common in Ukraine now as well, on both sides.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

keep punching joe posted:

Gotta hand it to Hamas, parasailing into occupied territories and liberating them is pretty badass.

South Armagh IRA taking notes and starting to get ideas.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

There's first person camera footage of soldiers in Ukraine clearing trenches with anime girls painted on their guns. We skipped past Schwarzenegger ages ago we're more in Call of Duty world.

I wonder whos best girl in Ukraine.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

happyhippy posted:

South Armagh IRA taking notes and starting to get ideas.

Starts putting up the "Sniper At Work" road signs again. :sigh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

There's first person camera footage of soldiers in Ukraine clearing trenches with anime girls painted on their guns. We skipped past Schwarzenegger ages ago we're more in Call of Duty truck commercial world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzIgga6KLDk

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1710560590836515016

:allears:

e: https://twitter.com/reformparty_uk/status/1710628604634157102

Still no livestream. No conference speeches.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Oct 7, 2023

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

He keeps saying "prices go up when [landlords] leave the market". Do they? Those houses still exist, they're just being sold rather than rented. It doesn't affect supply and demand because the same number of houses are still available. I'm not sure what he's expecting her to say? I wouldn't expect a Labour government to be on the side of landlords...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you take the position that landlords provide housing and are thus an important part of society, then necessarily you have to believe that if the landlord "leaves the market" then the house just vanishes.

Otherwise you might end up at the idea that landlords are not very important.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The bald fascist eggman has made a valid point here:

https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1710632307260866609

Just be careful about what you post re: Hamas, because we have some quite hosed up anti terrorism laws on our statute books now

e: Quoting myself from a few posts in the future. This is the ONLY point of his that I was stressing

fuctifino posted:

The point I was highlighting is that Hamas is an actual proscribed terrorist organisation in the eyes of UK law. And we have some hosed up anti-terror legislation. Post safe, friends...

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 7, 2023

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Tautological

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

notaspy posted:

Tautological

Not entirely. You wouldn't call Jason Statham an Eggman. For one thing, he'd bust you up

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Not entirely. You wouldn't call Jason Statham an Eggman. For one thing, he'd bust you up

I'm a 12th dan in karate, he is a film star

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

fuctifino posted:

Just be careful about what you post re: Hamas, because we have some quite hosed up anti terrorism laws on our statute books now

Hard to take seriously a man who deemed Shamima Begum such a serious threat to the UK that she had to have her passport revoked.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The point I was highlighting is that Hamas is an actual proscribed terrorist organisation in the eyes of UK law. And we have some hosed up anti-terror legislation. Post safe, friends...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

notaspy posted:

I'm a 12th dan in karate, he is a film star

I'm a 1st dan in karate (20 years out of practice) and can confirm karate doesn't make you good at fighting.

Neither does Olympic diving though I guess

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
You are right Fucti - and I've just deleted the two tweets I made.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm a 1st dan in karate (20 years out of practice) and can confirm karate doesn't make you good at fighting.

Neither does Olympic diving though I guess

The internet says Karate only goes upto 10

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

UKMT: I'll fight you in the dojo

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

notaspy posted:

But this one goes to 11.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

fuctifino posted:

I'll stick to my local terrorism, none of that imported stuff for me. :colbert:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You have to be very good at karate and also called dan.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Its all very Brotherhood of Nod

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

notaspy posted:

I honestly don't remember because I gave up immediately after getting the black belt cause I didn't want to have to teach the little kids.

Might depend whether you're talking Kyokushin or Shotokan or whatnot

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Which one of those teaches you how to throw fireballs by doing a squat

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dabir posted:

Which one of those teaches you how to throw fireballs by doing a squat

Shoryuken

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gotta hand it to Hamas,
after a brief visit from prevent,

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

You are right Fucti - and I've just deleted the two tweets I made.

I did a bit of digging and found the .gov details, and Hamas was proscribed in its entirety as a terrorist organisation in 2021. It's ridiculous that the entire government machinations of a besieged and terrorised sovereign state can themselves be labelled as the terrorists... but sadly that's the way it is.

Seeing how quickly and powerfully our government is siding with Israel, they may want to make a few early examples of people making direct pro Hamas posts, and seeing how they've stomped on people making pro Islamic State, or one of the multitude of banned neo-nazi groups in the past... yeah... it's better to play safe.

I think it's possible for people to say what they want to say without directly referencing Hamas... so please be opinionated about the war and make noise, but just do it safely.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I like ham as a breakfast item and hope it achieves a lot in the near future (in my stomach)

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Pretty much every government is going to quickly and fiercely side with Israel because - whatever they might think about the active participants in the conflict - you've got to at least give the impression that you don't want it happening in your own country.

Although you suspect if Rishi could find an armed insurrection to quash, he'd leap on that poo poo in a second

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fuctifino posted:

The point I was highlighting is that Hamas is an actual proscribed terrorist organisation in the eyes of UK law.

They'll be calling Starmer the Leader of the Opposition next.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

fuctifino posted:

I did a bit of digging and found the .gov details, and Hamas was proscribed in its entirety as a terrorist organisation in 2021. It's ridiculous that the entire government machinations of a besieged and terrorised sovereign state can themselves be labelled as the terrorists... but sadly that's the way it is.

Seeing how quickly and powerfully our government is siding with Israel, they may want to make a few early examples of people making direct pro Hamas posts, and seeing how they've stomped on people making pro Islamic State, or one of the multitude of banned neo-nazi groups in the past... yeah... it's better to play safe.

I think it's possible for people to say what they want to say without directly referencing Hamas... so please be opinionated about the war and make noise, but just do it safely.

Yes, UK declaring Hamas (political group) a terrorist organisation is very recent.
(So when Corbyn referred to them as 'friends' they were not in fact a UK designated terrorist group at the time).

Previously, only the paramilitary element (Qassim Brigades) were proscribed some time ago, about 2001 IIRC.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I like ham as a pizza topping and hope it claws back some territory from the pineapple

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ham is great but I always find I forget to check the sell-by date, creating a horrific aura in the bathroom and making it impossible for anyone else to go in. It's so severe I'm pretty sure it counts as a biological weapon, the use of which is proscribed by the UN.

I guess what I'm saying is it's probably a bad idea go somewhere against UN law and then complain when you're overwhelmed by Ham rear end.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ham is great but I always find I forget to check the sell-by date, creating a horrific aura in the bathroom and making it impossible for anyone else to go in. It's so severe I'm pretty sure it counts as a biological weapon, the use of which is proscribed by the UN.

I guess what I'm saying is it's probably a bad idea go somewhere against UN law and then complain when you're overwhelmed by Ham rear end.

boooooooo

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I think everyone on this site should be extra careful with any thread relating to conflict or politics in the Middle East atm (the mods will probably be keeping a tight rein on things i guess).

I'm not making detailed comments as people can think for themselves. :silent:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Just Another Lurker posted:

I think everyone on this site should be extra careful with any thread relating to conflict or politics in the Middle East atm (the mods will probably be keeping a tight rein on things i guess).

I'm not making detailed comments as people can think for themselves. :silent:

Issuing a correction on a previous post of mine

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/jpxan71/status/1710397082375172150

This loving station is beyond parody :allears:

Look at the way it's been edited. Lee's parts are all trees in the background, and the cabbies parts are all buildings. I watched that video three times in a row, and couldn't stop laughing. IT'S SO loving BAD!

What we are witnessing is the death of political satire. No show can ever top this, when reality is now topping such classics as The Thick Of It and The Day Today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

Assuming that there's a transition period where Stormont still operates as a regional assembly (which there should be, all serious reunification parties support that path, and neither "Ulster gets to do what it wants forever, gently caress you" nor "poll passed, Stormont closes at 5pm, you're now under direct rule from Dublin" would be productive paths to peaceful reunification) there would still need to be a referendum to update the constitution to reflect what new constitutional status the northern six counties would have.

Whether it's explicitly stated that way or not, if that happened without a poll then that referendum would be seen as the poll.

given the structural and cultural gap between north and south at this point the only realistic option imo is a north/south federation rather than the whole island administered from dublin

and donegal would be best placed in the northern region because it's always stuck out like a sore thumb as part of the south culturally

it doesn't even belong there geographically: it contains the northern most point of the island