Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That DICK! posted:

Add Shinjobis Quest to the title I said

I'll do it, should it replace the current subtitle?

I haven't done any thread title editing because I'm worried about overstepping :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Thank you! I think it should be added to the end like : Shinjobi’s Quest because it’s important to remember the past as well as the future, If that still fits. If not. Maybe we get rid of the word General

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You're never gonna be able to get people who used to love something and think it has become significantly worse to agree to disagree with people who think it's still good. That's not how people work, or at least, it's not how the people here work. The former group feels betrayed by the thing and annoyed that their feelings aren't being taken seriously by the latter group and the latter group is annoyed that the former group keeps trying to piss all over their good time and appears to exist in a completely alternate reality from them. It is just not a situation that's going to lead to positive interactions.

The only person I can give meaningful advice to in this situation is Erin and that advice is "run".

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Looks great. Three cheers for Erin!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

My pals are just out of frame, posting too.

One of the most frustrating things about being a mod was seeing people devolve into the stupidest arguments in threads for no reason, or just getting bent out of shape at a level not required when posting about pro wrestling on a forum. I don't know what it is about wrestling, or maybe just AEW, that sends people over the edge here but it is wild. I don't participate in any other forums or discords or whatever about wrestling so I don't know if it's just like this everywhere, but it'd be nice to just have a calm, normal place on the internet for wrestling chat. Not saying everyone has to like everything the company is doing, because that's boring, but the sniping and biting back when someone disagrees or has an opinion that goes against the grain is just nuts.

I try to post with a level head but I even sometimes hesitate to post when I know what I'm posting is an opposing view (like not liking the Toni Storm vignettes that 99% of the forum seems to love) because I just don't want to get stuck in some weird argument.

I think some of it comes from differences of opinions. This place was a little more on the same page when it 99 percent of us hating what WWE was doing and that was it. Now we have all these options. And it's not 100 percent liking the new options so with disparity comes conflict.

For my part I am going to make a conscious effort to not snipe at anyone and if someone snipes at me to just move on. I'll try my best.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'll do it, should it replace the current subtitle?

I haven't done any thread title editing because I'm worried about overstepping :ohdear:

thread title changes are like the lowest stakes stuff, have no fear!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

i think more people should be blown up in explosions

If I could pick my own death, it would be blowing myself up while laughing and taking out my enemies.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sorry. I said peedback on here because I was a little upset about feeling like negative opinions have started to be considered needling lately. I shouldn't have said peedback. But I worry about the rules being shaped around facilitating that idea. The idea that "lmfao if you like this," could one day be considered the same thing as, "tony really dropped the ball." peedbakc on that poo poo honestly. I'll worry about it if it comes to it. I edited out just the word peedback. thanks.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 6, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: my journey continues

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

i think more people should be blown up in explosions

the sound might help that sleepy gently caress yea ok stay awake lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
El Hijo De Haystacks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

You're never gonna be able to get people who used to love something and think it has become significantly worse to agree to disagree with people who think it's still good. That's not how people work, or at least, it's not how the people here work. The former group feels betrayed by the thing and annoyed that their feelings aren't being taken seriously by the latter group and the latter group is annoyed that the former group keeps trying to piss all over their good time and appears to exist in a completely alternate reality from them. It is just not a situation that's going to lead to positive interactions.

The only person I can give meaningful advice to in this situation is Erin and that advice is "run".

we're all trying to find the guy who did this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alaois posted:

we're all trying to find the guy who did this

Oh, I can help with that, it's me.

And you. A lot of you, too.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I'm just here for the jokes. You know, jokes like QoP, That DICK!, shard, etc :evilbuddy:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm here for the guy who did those AI Jim Ross posts. Shame he disappeared :(

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

neoaxd posted:

I'm just here for the jokes. You know, jokes like QoP, That DICK!, shard, etc :evilbuddy:

oh yeah? Well joke's on you, I'm not even funny!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Big Mutha Truckers 2 posted:

I'm here for the guy who did those AI Jim Ross posts. Shame he disappeared :(

i never sold for that and im not gonna start now

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

neoaxd posted:

i never sold for that and im not gonna start now

[brodielee]Sell for Rarity! *throws papers*[/brodielee]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lethrom posted:

[brodielee]Sell for Rarity! *throws papers*[/brodielee]

there is no Rarity, there is only Big Mutha Truckers 2

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Postmodern Video Games posted:

there is no Rarity, there is only Big Mutha Truckers 2

Truck Me Harder :hai:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

neoaxd posted:

nightmare blunt rotation

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This place is still the best place to talk about wrestling and pretty much its only problem is a collective assumption other people have opinions to make us mad instead of just being their own personal opinion.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

pretty much its only problem is a collective assumption other people have opinions to make us mad instead of just being their own personal opinion.

Big time.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

This place is still the best place to talk about wrestling and pretty much its only problem is a collective assumption other people have opinions to make us mad instead of just being their own personal opinion.

You absolutely nailed it Gumball

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i do just have opinions to make people mad :mrgw:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

Shhh I'm trying to work them so we can make up fake opinions

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Alaois posted:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

im in a group chat with tony khan where i tell him to make parts of the show stink so that the opinions that are made up to make people mad have some merit behind them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

im in a group chat with tony khan where i tell him to make parts of the show stink

tell him to dial it back!!!

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
It always feels like everytime I get back into a routine watching wrestling and posting about it there's some kind of exhausting argument about it that lasts way too long and drains whatever joy I find in it.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Oct 7, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

It always feels like everytime I get back into a routine watching wrestling and posting about it there's some kind of exhausting argument about it that lasts way too long and drains whatever joy I find in it.
I can understand this, because it took me many years of watching wrestling and Posting to get over this same feeling. In the end one has to realize that the loudest voice when engaging with a piece of media should be your own internal one.

Wrestling is inherently designed to stoke extreme emotions in the people watching it, and the people who post about it will naturally Care A Lot About It as a result. Flare-ups are all part of the game and have been since the earliest days of the artform, and it can be frustrating if you let it be, but the secret is to exercise that scroll wheel liberally and to also remember that it Is Just Pro Wrestling. The question is, are you enjoying watching the product, and if the answer is yes, keep watching and enjoying it, post that you're enjoying it, and learn to roll your eyes at arguments and things that are ultimately inconsequential while thoughtfully engaging in the things you like to engage in. One doesn't have to internalize every post in order to enjoy the product on TV.

Wrestling is pretty cool and good. Don't let others affect you so deeply that you forget that.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
never let anyone on the internet know when you're getting mad about something, that's where most of the arguments start. The people who are posting ironic stuff most of the time will keep poking people until they go off, usually on someone else who always posts seriously. just never show goons weakness, goons are feral animals. don't make eye contact

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think the MJF/Cole stuff sucks poo poo through a straw and I’m going to voice that opinion in the thread for voicing pro wrestling opinions, simple as

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

And you can do that too! :)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Just let people murder each other with posts, mods posting “it’s ok to have opinions” every time anything negative comes up has strong “do you give up” ref energy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MotU posted:

Just let people murder each other with posts, mods posting “it’s ok to have opinions” every time anything negative comes up has strong “do you give up” ref energy

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I think the MJF/Cole stuff sucks poo poo through a straw

oh its root beer?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Joey McChrist posted:

oh its root beer?

This is the type of nonsense we need to be cracking down on. Please give me my star so I can take care of posts like this.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

NienNunb posted:

This is the type of nonsense we need to be cracking down on. Please give me my star so I can take care of posts like this.

Okay