Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Al-Saqr posted:

lol why would Hezbollah ever tell the egyptian military anything you might as well have told the Israelis yourself.

i can think of a few reasons

tatankatonk posted:

yeah thats why they told them. hezbollah wants to position themselves as the ones limiting the reprisal attacks

this one being one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

oh poo poo is this the big one

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Intifada time?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
let's call up the BRICS gang and see what they're doing

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hezbollah entering would probably tip the scales alot

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Al-Saqr posted:

lol why would Hezbollah ever tell the egyptian military anything you might as well have told the Israelis yourself.

Hezbollah is just flaunting their dicks. They WANT Israel to know.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

gradenko_2000 posted:

can we get some reading list recommendations

I read "Zionist Colonialism in Palestine" by Fayez Sayegh last year.

this was a good read btw, thanks

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
which unfortunately also means they probably aren't going to do anything, if they were planning on intervening they wouldn't warn the Israelis before doing it

this is not completely useless, though, because by threatening Israel they force them to divert some attention to the Northern border, tying up men and equipment that could instead be murdering Palestinians

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

which unfortunately also means they probably aren't going to do anything, if they were planning on intervening they wouldn't warn the Israelis before doing it

this is not completely useless, though, because by threatening Israel they force them to divert some attention to the Northern border, tying up men and equipment that could instead be murdering Palestinians

not necessarily like others said it can be used to scare israel into not doing a ground invasion

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Footage of Hamas taking over Erez crossing point

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1710670749856383285?s=20

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

not necessarily like others said it can be used to scare israel into not doing a ground invasion

they already lost gunther on the ground invasion so thats not looking likely

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theyve only trained their pilots to do lazy attack runs in a straight line

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

tatankatonk posted:

yeah thats why they told them. hezbollah wants to position themselves as the ones limiting the reprisal attacks

what if they care more about actually deterring reprisal attacks than being seen as doing so? like it's just some naked pr stunt lol

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1710673779888660644

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lets assume all of the hamas fighters withdraw and the israelis dont invade gaza, if they go back to the status quo this will be an incredible military and political victory for the palestinians.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wonder if some of the shipments for Ukraine ended up there.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Lets assume all of the hamas fighters withdraw and the israelis dont invade gaza, if they go back to the status quo this will be an incredible military and political victory for the palestinians.

this seems very different than other times it actually looks like they want to reclaim and hold the land

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gunther doesnt want things to escalate so that ukraine doesnt get outcompeted in the limelight

World please keep eyes on Europe not the middle east!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

this seems very different than other times it actually looks like they want to reclaim and hold the land

lets see, sadly we dont have a clear picture of who holds what right now, but sadly I dont know if Hamas can actually hold on to captured territory, but then again I wasnt expecting this incredible performance from them either.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The reports I've seen said it's hundreds of Palestinian fighters which doesn't sound like enough to hold ground

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

that's a tall order. without allies they're going to be dead in a few hours, even if this is the most impressive offensive in half a century

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

I dont think they are going to be able to keep the land for any serious amount of time. Its still a rag tag militia vs an overwhelming military. The only issue israel has is that these are settled territories so in essence they would have to wipe themselves out of the map but hey, they'll do it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

The reports I've seen said it's hundreds of Palestinian fighters which doesn't sound like enough to hold ground

Seems like they took high level prisoners of war though, no?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
gonna call up my local lib elected politician and ask when we will be sending tanks and jets to palestine to fight their larger neighbor

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Al-Saqr posted:

lets see, sadly we dont have a clear picture of who holds what right now, but sadly I dont know if Hamas can actually hold on to captured territory, but then again I wasnt expecting this incredible performance from them either.

If they can hold onto parts of/outskirts of Sderot or Ashkelon, this will be biggest victory maybe ever. If other factions/states get involved, I think it's possible but wouldn't say base case right now

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont think they are going to be able to keep the land for any serious amount of time. Its still a rag tag militia vs an overwhelming military. The only issue israel has is that these are settled territories so in essence they would have to wipe themselves out of the map but hey, they'll do it.

taliban ftw

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Seems like they took high level prisoners of war though, no?

A general is a big get and they'll get a bunch of prisoners exchanged for him

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they probably wont be able to hold it but either way its still the most advancement since this mess started

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i dont think you "gotta hand it to" the taliban actually

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i think this operation from hamas might have been a giant POW catching operation? i super doubt it was meant to take and hold territory but the effect it had was just as incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hbag posted:

In this house we believe Taliban FTW.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hbag posted:

taliban

f

t

w

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

HallelujahLee posted:

What "other times" lmao. Unless I'm stupidly misremembering this is the first time that Palestinian resistence groups in Gaza have actually tried to opccupy and reclaim Israeli territory. For the past couple decades, all they've done is launch a couple pussy rear end missiles at random sidewalks in Tel Aviv and occasionally shoot up a restaurant. What's happening right now is unprecedented.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hbag posted:

taliban ftw

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Sancho Banana posted:

What "other times" lmao. Unless I'm stupidly misremembering this is the first time that Palestinian resistence groups in Gaza have actually tried to opccupy and reclaim Israeli territory. For the past couple decades, all they've done is launch a couple pussy rear end missiles at random sidewalks in Tel Aviv and occasionally shoot up a restaurant. What's happening right now is unprecedented.

yes op thats what i said

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

hbag posted:

you dont have to but it is encouraged

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Taliban? Taliban ftw

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
This truly is Israel's 9/11, but somehow the falling buildings always happen to be in Gaza.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
whats the hamas position on what happens to the israeli settlers if they win and take all of israel (inshallah)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

whats the hamas position on what happens to the israeli settlers if they win and take all of israel (inshallah)

Exiled to the desert lol