Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006
A few years ago, I think on truth and reconciliation day or remembrance day or something, Trudeau had plans to go to Tofino with his family. It was widely publicized and he had to cancel it and go to some events or something instead. All the save the children types probably latched on to it and decided Tofino is the centre of something now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
On one hand I'm glad some of the people suckered into that bullshit aren't so over the edge that they were able to recognize what was going on and rat them out.

On the other hand watching convoy fucks try to "detain" Toronto and Ottawa riot cops would have been truly premium content.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
“I detain thee! I detain thee!” I shriek, whilst three large riot cops carry by bruised body to the van, like a sack of rancid ham.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PT6A posted:

“I detain thee! I detain thee!” I shriek, whilst three large riot cops carry by bruised body to the van, like a sack of rancid ham.

"I place you all under citizens arrest! ...ow! gently caress! You're not supposed to beat me, I placed you under citizen's arrest! Stop tazing me! This isn't fair!"

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Randalor posted:

"I place you all under citizens arrest! ...ow! gently caress! You're not supposed to beat me, I placed you under citizen's arrest! Stop tazing me! This isn't fair! I'm white! "

Corrected that for you.

I had no idea there were multiple rival convoy people and I am delighted by this knowledge.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

NZAmoeba posted:

An incredible paragraph

There has to be video of the car punching man somewhere right?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
allegedly the tofino plot was to capture the head of the stonemasons or something like that. A little gem buried in the article.

e: CSIS really needs to get a better handle on their assets.

ZShakespeare fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 6, 2023

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Fidelitious posted:

Pardon? Tofino?

Exactly what I thought. Maybe the most hilarious part of the whole story.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Little do they know that the head of the snake really lives in Fanny Bay. Just look at the name.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I was really hoping the canadian Q people thought Tofino was the seat of power for the deep state or something.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I thought it might be where the "Queen" lived but I assume the crazy anti-gov whackos are on her side.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pleads posted:

I thought it might be where the "Queen" lived but I assume the crazy anti-gov whackos are on her side.

I think she's in Parksville? I know Parksville area is an insane hotbed of this sort of conspiracy poo poo. There were some recent cases where entire condo buildings had their strata vote to no longer recognise the government of canada. Wild wild stuff. There's a massive over-representation of a very particular demographic of middle class old people around there that eat this poo poo up.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

I think she's in Parksville? I know Parksville area is an insane hotbed of this sort of conspiracy poo poo. There were some recent cases where entire condo buildings had their strata vote to no longer recognise the government of canada. Wild wild stuff. There's a massive over-representation of a very particular demographic of middle class old people around there that eat this poo poo up.

How'd that work out for them? Did the city just shut off their utilities until they relented?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
It wouldn't be Vancouver Island without a substantial amount of weird old hippies mixed into every situation

apatheticman posted:

NDP is gonna be holding the bag during the real estate collapse and there will be another 40 year reign.

Plus you gotta temper expectations of the dippers being able to respond to various crises with anything substantial.

David Eby is literally an ex PIVOT lawyer who just announced the end of drug decriminalization, probably because the single oil & gas lobbyist he obeys didn't bother to tell him the sort of people complaining about the behaviour of the poor will never vote for him lol

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

jettisonedstuff posted:

A few years ago, I think on truth and reconciliation day or remembrance day or something, Trudeau had plans to go to Tofino with his family. It was widely publicized and he had to cancel it and go to some events or something instead. All the save the children types probably latched on to it and decided Tofino is the centre of something now.

that was literally the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, two years ago. Because it was declared a stat holiday, PMJT treated it like one and so went surfing in Tofino. Iirc the pictures the media posted was him on a beach, all dressed up and had a board in hand.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EngineerJoe posted:

This story is wild but I don't think any of us are really surprised: https://pressprogress.ca/save-the-children-convoy-leaders-plotted-to-capture-police-and-mps-at-secret-meetings-participants-allege/

I wonder if anything will come of this or will our leaders/law enforcement continue to treat these guys with kid gloves to not offend.

We just going to ignore

quote:

a rival convoy group
?

Things are so unbelievably stupid that the worst people have their choice of convoy brands.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Another Bill posted:

There has to be video of the car punching man somewhere right?

took me a while but I got it for you

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Just the dumbest mother fuckers involved in this dogshit. Just arrest all of them for disturbing the peace, which I'd joke about setting bad precedents but we know cops only beat/gas leftists.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZShakespeare posted:

allegedly the tofino plot was to capture the head of the stonemasons or something like that. A little gem buried in the article.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but at the very least a third of Canada thinks the way these chuds do. Any even bigger portion don't even necessarily care.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Stanley Pain posted:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but at the very least a third of Canada thinks the way these chuds do. Any even bigger portion don't even necessarily care.

Let's take a breath, friend. Do you think 33% of Canadians(most of them getting fuckin old as poo poo) would kidnap the PM to instill fascism but dumber? They might call him an invective, but most people just want their creature comforts at the end of the day. We are seeing a very vocal minority of the wrong, the low IQ, certain specific personality types, assholes, bandwagoners, racists, PP members, cops, former wild Rose party members, truckers that have been doing amphetamines for 40 years, etc.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

Let's take a breath, friend. Do you think 33% of Canadians(most of them getting fuckin old as poo poo) would kidnap the PM to instill fascism but dumber? They might call him an invective, but most people just want their creature comforts at the end of the day. We are seeing a very vocal minority of the wrong, the low IQ, certain specific personality types, assholes, bandwagoners, racists, PP members, cops, former wild Rose party members, truckers that have been doing amphetamines for 40 years, etc.

If you spend any time in conservative areas you'll see that actually a very high percentage of people there would absolutely support the violent overthrow of Trudeau. It might not be 33 percent of the country but it's absolutely not fringe.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
If if had to wager off my totally subjective personal experience, I'd pin it at 4%-8% of the population that is that far gone. And then another 4%-8% on top of that who would be happy to see him removed from power, even if it was by extra-judicial means, but without the violent part at the end.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Bukowski posted:

I stand by what I said.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
These are the army ants of crazy, and when rival hives encounter one another, they war.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/cult-of-self-proclaimed-queen-of-canada-threaten-sask-village-with-public-executions-1.6988680

Hadn't heard anything about the Queen of Canada Romana for a while and then this showed up in my CBC app.

Pretty wild that an insurrectionist cult is just going around bullying communities in Saskatchewan, though a friend in Saskatoon informs me Scott Moe's response of "We'll figure out a way to coexist with the insurrectionist cult" is pretty much the expected response from him.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

flashy_mcflash posted:

We just going to ignore

?

Things are so unbelievably stupid that the worst people have their choice of convoy brands.

Man just imagine what $25M of cop money could turn these imbeciles into

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

flakeloaf posted:

Man just imagine what $25M of cop money could turn these imbeciles into

The RCMP?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Willatron posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/cult-of-self-proclaimed-queen-of-canada-threaten-sask-village-with-public-executions-1.6988680

Hadn't heard anything about the Queen of Canada Romana for a while and then this showed up in my CBC app.

Pretty wild that an insurrectionist cult is just going around bullying communities in Saskatchewan, though a friend in Saskatoon informs me Scott Moe's response of "We'll figure out a way to coexist with the insurrectionist cult" is pretty much the expected response from him.

It really is super blatant how far-right psychopaths can literally do what they want while cops will happily crack down on any sort of leftist movement.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

it may surprise you that this has been ongoing for many decades

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Really thinking positively about Canada lately in the glorious NDP stronghold of Manitoba.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Mederlock posted:

If if had to wager off my totally subjective personal experience, I'd pin it at 4%-8% of the population that is that far gone. And then another 4%-8% on top of that who would be happy to see him removed from power, even if it was by extra-judicial means, but without the violent part at the end.

Yeah, from the Calgary viewpoint, I'd say these numbers are mostly correct, at least for this area. There's still very strong Conservative support, but in a way that would have Trudeau removed at the ballot box, or in a very decorous fashion by the courts (somehow?). Essentially the equivalent of the folks in the GOP who mostly approve of what Trump did, but found his attacks on democracy and his crass behaviour very unbecoming.

That's not really praise, but I wouldn't worry about the Fascist Revolution starting here. I suspect the numbers are worse in rural areas across the country -- and I mean across the country not just on the Prairies. The good thing is: there's gently caress-all people there, relatively speaking.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

ZShakespeare posted:

Okay well that's something. I thought it had something to do with Trudeau's vacation there but that was 2 years ago.

quote:

“Phase one was Toronto financial district, phase two was Ottawa Parliament Buildings and phase three was Tofino,” Ledgerwood reiterated to PressProgress. “That’s what they said, they were going to Tofino where the Masons were.”

Still seems so random. Like there is a Masonic Lodge in Tofino but there's nothing special about it. What makes it the head? lmao

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Apparently Romulan Dildo has invaded a town in SK, and I see people worried the situation could turn into something like Waco.

And I'm like... "come again... worried?"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

When i first heard of that situation i looked up Richmound, Saskatchewan, and the town is 40% baseball diamonds for some reason.

Their population is around 140, which means they can't even form enough teams to occupy all the baseball diamonds.

There was definitely something nefarious going on before the cult even showed up.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Powershift posted:

When i first heard of that situation i looked up Richmound, Saskatchewan, and the town is 40% baseball diamonds for some reason.

Their population is around 140, which means they can't even form enough teams to occupy all the baseball diamonds.

They don't deserved to be invaded by the dildo cult, but this is possibly the most Saskatchewan thing I've ever heard.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
They settle all personal and political disagreements on the baseball field.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I got married in Tofino and I had a legit worry that the Prime Minister might show up and photobomb me. :ohdear: I'm pretty sure they asked him to stop coming though cause it was extra annoying to have all his security staff basically take over the town.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ZShakespeare posted:

They settle all personal and political disagreements on the baseball field.

Awesome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Powershift posted:

There was definitely something nefarious going on before the cult even showed up.

I wasn't entirely convinced that those were all baseball diamonds but I checked out streetview and yeah...all sports fields.
You could always mix it up with some kickball.