Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Ytlaya posted:

How exactly do they abbreviate "Commander" into something reasonable?

Cum boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ahhhh, the democrats

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

LuxuryLarva posted:

How likely is it for Biden to spontaneously die of natural causes? I can't make an accurate guess - I just want to know. I want a dem death pool.

The problem is, he was already executed for his crimes in a secret tribunal during the Trump administration and replaced with a holo-clone. Those live around 15-20 years, depending on wear and tear, so he's likely got at least another decade before the reactor stops functioning. If he goes in for "heart surgery" its because they need the change out the battery.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

unprovoked? gently caress you.

unprovoked.

gently caress YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

One man's "terrorist" is another man's freedom fighter.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I'm pretty goddamn loving sure that being an apartheid state, while starving an entire loving ethnic group is loving PROVOKING YOU loving SHITHEADS.
DEATH
TO
ISRAEL.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
"Unprovoked"

https://twitter.com/Delhiite_/status/1710580193872797707

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the us will always defend the apartheid state of israel no matter what its pretty much the one 100% guarantee

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Our relationship to Israel is gross on multiple levels. Our unconditional support is not due to any special love for the Jewish people, of course, but because of misunderstood and probably misinterpreted prophecies from a two thousand year old book. It's the intersection of lovely, imperial foreign policy and fundamentalism.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

one demon nation supporting another demon nation

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Well that's just politics, clearly.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

gradenko_2000 posted:

unprovoked? gently caress you.

unprovoked.

gently caress YOU

"Goddammit you fuckers made us get up early on a Saturday this better be good"

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Unprovoked
https://twitter.com/hebh_jamal/status/1688644879679713280

Unprovoked
https://twitter.com/LaraFriedmanDC/status/1684592021485277187

Un loving PROVOKED

DTI
DTI
DTI

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

relax flap

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I will once Hamas wins.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
theres a thread for this stuff ya know

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Hahahahahahahaha

gently caress off

SanderS = Nader + SS

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao, trump's visiting congress next week to promote jordan for speaker.

they always return to the scene of the crime don’t they

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

what a pathetic loser

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
I just read an article on the yahoo front page (best news source in the world) in which the author was arguing that Biden’s secret service agents deserved to get bitten by his dog because they may have been secret MAGA supporters. How’s y’all’s day going?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

so what, a 5 percent chance biden survives his term?

I know it's affected by wealth & status not to mention affordable access to walter reed & its doctors for a half century but still that's p. yikes.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Krustic posted:

I just read an article on the yahoo front page (best news source in the world) in which the author was arguing that Biden’s secret service agents deserved to get bitten by his dog because they may have been secret MAGA supporters. How’s y’all’s day going?

it's almost as if it's a trope being propagated by libs to absolve biden from being a lovely dog owner & boss!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

so what, a 5 percent chance biden survives his term?

I know it's affected by wealth & status not to mention affordable access to walter reed & its doctors for a half century but still that's p. yikes.

looks like there's a 65.57% chance that an 80-year-old American male makes it to 85; but Joe has far better-than-average access to medical care

webcams for christ has issued a correction as of 16:20 on Oct 7, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
You are, now, surprised that representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is posturing about something? I and others have explained how the law works.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
shut up bernie

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
1) We all love AOC, but she is a politician, and sometimes she speaks to her core constituency in aspirational tones, to send a message about moral issues and the course we should take in the future. Her press release does not attempt to explain as a factual or legal matter precisely what the Administration could have done differently. That's because her press release is more about expressing understandable frustration with the situation than with legal niceties. There may be some legal theory to explain why Biden wasn't required to do what the law told him he had to do with this money by October 7, 2023, but I haven't seen that explanation from anyone yet.

2) Biden is also a politician. When he said three years ago that he wasn't going to build the wall, that was also an aspirational statement. His Administration was not going to do anything to advance the building of the stupid wall. And he didn't. Biden cut off the defense department funding that Trump had been using to build the wall and halted construction for almost three years. To the extent there was an existing law requiring that a specific 20 miles of wall be built, it is reasonable to assume that he was hoping to get that existing law changed. And by all accounts he did try to get it changed, but the House is controlled by chuds and it couldn't be done. So he delayed as long as he could, but the law was not changed and he is stuck with it. That is not any form of "lying," not even at an elementary school playground taunting level of discourse.

3) You dismissively say you would take the word of someone who has been in congress five years over a D&D poster with obvious legal experience.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mawarannahr posted:

over a D&D poster with obvious legal experience.

lol geez i wonder what retard he's talking about there

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

3) You dismissively say you would take the word of someone who has been in congress five years over a D&D poster with obvious legal experience.

Incredible. 10/10. No notes.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

mawarannahr posted:

i mean, it is aoc, but yeah

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
lotta :godwinning: in the succ thread today

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Krustic posted:

where's the lie

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Resistance isn't bad, I didn't say anything of the sort, but there's other ways to resist that don't involve ganking civilians and making it easy for the government to shut down any notion of a peaceful path forward.

My people didn't make any gains for our sovereignty or rights by cutting the throat of every white boy in Saskatchewan or Manitoba who built a house on our ancestral lands, though we did engage with the Canadian military on several occasions. This indiscriminate slaughter Hamas has engaged in is just going to keep a cycle going, it isn't as though this is the beginning of the end for Israel or anything.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

Resistance isn't bad, I didn't say anything of the sort, but there's other ways to resist that don't involve ganking civilians and making it easy for the government to shut down any notion of a peaceful path forward.

My people didn't make any gains for our sovereignty or rights by cutting the throat of every white boy in Saskatchewan or Manitoba who built a house on our ancestral lands, though we did engage with the Canadian military on several occasions. This indiscriminate slaughter Hamas has engaged in is just going to keep a cycle going, it isn't as though this is the beginning of the end for Israel or anything.

Israeli military should not retaliate and the Israeli government should invest in Gaza and West Bank and help elevate the quality of lives of those people. Should be like a Quebec/Canada type situation. Otherwise they’ll just keep killing each other.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

You know, I think Isreal might be a bad country!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

man the succ is especially baiting today

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

amazing

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/CornelWest/status/1710672264411189547

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

this is some weak poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Fellas what if the Palestinians just turned the other cheek ya know, be the bigger person as it were, just stop the cycle of violence

Like maybe Israel could give them some carefully allocated NGO development aid and stuff

Peace in our time