Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
john romero's about to make you a big japanese sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
So should I buy or just watch the ending on youtube?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

for what purpose or satisfaction would you watch the ending

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I can't play Cyberpunk today because there was a hotfix so I'm going to take a moment to make fun of Starfield, which I have not bought nor seen any promotional material after something that came out like a year ago or something.

Haha. Who the gently caress didn't see it coming a mile off? Dumbasses.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Todd Howard needs to face justice for his crimes

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

cumpantry posted:

for what purpose or satisfaction would you watch the ending

I reached satisfaction when I watched the end of the uninstall progress bar

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

smoobles posted:

Let's make him play Oblivion... the 2006 mobile phone version

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cousin Todd will Know what to do.

Like tell his player base to get the pencils out of their pockets

What is with the loving npcs insulting me the second I am .0001% overburdened

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Outpost22 posted:

So should I buy or just watch the ending on youtube?

Do you really think the story, characters or setting will leave enough of an impression on you that you'll care about what happens at the end?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the epilogue didn't even have the horny tree

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Is there an epilogue lmfao

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yes, barely

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

I really liked listening to the Skyrim soundtrack on youtube, especially the Whiterun song, is there anything similar for Starfeld?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Outpost22 posted:

I really liked listening to the Skyrim soundtrack on youtube, especially the Whiterun song, is there anything similar for Starfeld?

Everything about Starfield is aggressively beige

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The true ending has yet to reveal itself via DLC paywall

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there was a song that played a bunch, i think in space wyoming, that kept reminding me of a baldur's gate track

not BG3, but the older games, not sure if it was from 1 or 2

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

feelix posted:

The meaningful and engaging gameplay of doing cost/weight calculations to see if I should pick up [broken cog] or [burnt circuit board] before fast traveling back to the vendor

Lol..lol lol

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

Space Wyoming?

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

smoobles posted:

Stop! You violated the law!

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

Night City quests also make sense for the setting. The Freestar quests end with you killing Bob Hope because he wants 50sqm of farm land with minerals on it, in a sci fi setting where there are large numbers of planets where he could put his magic mineral fertiliser without the expense of hiring a bunch of mercenaries. it's just a bad western trope transported into a sci fi setting where none of the assumptions of that trope make sense.

That makes me think of the side quest involving the generation ship orbiting the resort world.
You jump in system, get asked to talk to the head of security on planet. He sends you up to the ship to figure who they are. After arriving, you find the ship was an early pre-FTL ship from earth. The captain asks for help, as they can't communicate with the planet. You find that they want to land on this planet and colonize it, but not just anywhere, only EXACTLY where the current colony is. You ask them that why not land on the other side of the planet, as its not like there is much there, and they refuse because they figure they'll fill up the entire planet.
So you go to the planet, meet the company board and have 3 options:
1. Spend your money to help them get a FTL engine and send them on their way.
2. Take the crew as slaves to work on a resort until they pay off their debt.
3. Kill them all.

If you take option 1, you go 2 systems over, talk to a guy and hand money over. Go back, press a few buttons and its done. Quest over, you get items to sell and and go on your way.

You couldn't say, help the people on board storm the planet and take over. Or just have click on the other side of the planet and they'd be alone but with 3 handy POIs just 1200m away.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Suspected it'd turn out just like this when they gave away Deluxe Edition keys with 250€ last-gen AMD gpus.
Nothing survives the double curse of MS GamePass and an AMD promo.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I like that everyone bought in to calling it fast travel when it sounds like it's just an old school level select screen

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

what is fast travel if not a level select screen you can pull up at almost any time

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

I like that everyone bought in to calling it fast travel when it sounds like it's just an old school level select screen

honestly didnt think about this. it's only fast travel if there is also a slow travel, like in tes and fallout games. there is no way to slow travel. thus it is just level selection. pathetic

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Holy poo poo lol

With this definition that means your ship is essentially a hub. Wait. No, it's not, a menu screen is your hub. Because you can fast travel anywhere at any time. I think I said it a few weeks ago, but I was able to fast travel in the middle of combat to a completely different solar system.

When I did it I was completely shocked

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

post itt every time you lol that Bethesda regressed their own gameplay model 30+ years

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

MrQwerty posted:

post itt every time you lol that Bethesda regressed their own gameplay model 30+ years

It's called toddovation

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I can't play Cyberpunk today because there was a hotfix so I'm going to take a moment to make fun of Starfield, which I have not bought nor seen any promotional material after something that came out like a year ago or something.

Haha. Who the gently caress didn't see it coming a mile off? Dumbasses.

Bethesda somehow lucked into the dumbest, most forgetful people on the planet being their fans.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

CitizenKain posted:

So you go to the planet, meet the company board and have 3 options:
1. Spend your money to help them get a FTL engine and send them on their way.
2. Take the crew as slaves to work on a resort until they pay off their debt.
3. Kill them all.

If you take option 1, you go 2 systems over, talk to a guy and hand money over. Go back, press a few buttons and its done. Quest over, you get items to sell and and go on your way.

lmao, what subtle choices and writing. Is "kill them all" like kill the people on the ship, or kill the company people? Both? And now I'm curious if the other options have anything more to them, like can you go back to the ship and tell them what's about to go down, or start a slave rebellion?

I don't want to play Starfield but I would totally watch a "Blurst of Starfield Quests" youtube series. Someone should do that.

Also speaking of not wanting to play Starfield, this bit from a pcgamer article about being bored with the game was very lol:

quote:

With another new character I thought it might be fun to "strand" myself on a planet. I'd just pretend I wasn't given a ship and have to set up a little base to harvest resources and try to survive. Within a half hour of exploring, a ship landed right in front of me, and while defending myself against the space bandits who jumped out of it, I killed them all… which meant I could just help myself to their ship. Just like that, I could now go pretty much anywhere in the galaxy. My Cast Away adventure was complete almost as soon as it began.
"Can't let players sit around and explore places in detail, they might realize there's no detail to explore. Spawn random pirates!"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Starting a class action lawsuit against Bethesda because of this game. All I seek is my money back at this point as the time was already lost. I didn't buy the game, I just borrowed a shared copy, but I'd still like to be reimbursed for the bandwidth I spent downloading the game as well as a small percentage of my VPN bill.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Khanstant posted:

Starting a class action lawsuit against Bethesda because of this game. All I seek is my money back at this point as the time was already lost. I didn't buy the game, I just borrowed a shared copy, but I'd still like to be reimbursed for the bandwidth I spent downloading the game as well as a small percentage of my VPN bill.

Judge's summary ruling: a new gamepass ultimate account is $1 sorry for your intangible loss

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm suing the judge because I am not and have not been eligible for that deal in a long time. Additionally playing on GamesPass would only encourage them to keep making garbage like this since the play is tracked as one of their X million people played.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I was harsh when I called this Daggerfall In Space, and I must correct myself.

It's Arena in Space.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Klyith posted:

lmao, what subtle choices and writing. Is "kill them all" like kill the people on the ship, or kill the company people? Both? And now I'm curious if the other options have anything more to them, like can you go back to the ship and tell them what's about to go down, or start a slave rebellion?

I don't want to play Starfield but I would totally watch a "Blurst of Starfield Quests" youtube series. Someone should do that.

Also speaking of not wanting to play Starfield, this bit from a pcgamer article about being bored with the game was very lol:

"Can't let players sit around and explore places in detail, they might realize there's no detail to explore. Spawn random pirates!"
I watched a fun streamer I follow over on Twitch attempt to do a mission where you need to get an item from a collector and you are literarily only allowed to steal it. Which gives you a bounty, which you naturally can't pay off because you HAVE to get arrested so a scummy cop can make a deal with for your freedom by doing dirty work for him (which isn't related to the item quest in any way of course). It's so railroaded in such lazy and crappy ways.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that quest doesn't railroad you, you can simply open the console and remove the bounty

this is a lore approved game mechanic using chimthought

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Klyith posted:

The people on the ship. If you try to kill the executives on the planet who want to enslave or murder the people on the ship, you can't as they are flagged as essentially and unkillable.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Time_pants posted:

Bethesda somehow lucked into the dumbest, most forgetful people on the planet being their fans.

No, it's like email scams where making them obviously stupid narrows down your audience to only the most absolutely gullible people on Earth.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Im glad that Bethesda managed to bring last gen load times into a next gen game. Really makes me feel like I’m playing a game again, thanks Bethesda!

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
I played through the Genesis version of Starflight a couple weeks ago and it was super cool and good and much more evocative of drifting through space solving a mystery while weird looking aliens get in your face about stealing their cultural artifacts. Sorry, bug guys, but I needed that planet destroying bomb you worshipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Kaewan posted:

Im glad that Bethesda managed to bring last gen load times into a next gen game. Really makes me feel like I’m playing a game again, thanks Bethesda!

Load times will be reduced by 10% for the GOTY Edition in 6 months.