Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Logans Promenad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

https://www.dn.se/sverige/chattbot-infors-pa-1177-trots-kanda-risker-for-patienter/

loving idiots. That's what happens when you try to "effektivisera" healthcare. They try to replace any meaningful human help with an automated stochastic parrot.

It's very effective in moving funds from the public to the private sector.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Very cool that they're throwing miljarder at a system with static branching. Madness.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Stalins Moustache posted:

Congratulations with a new byråd Bergen!
https://www.nrk.no/vestland/hoyre-enige-med-fem-parti-om-byradssamarbeid-i-bergen-1.16574688

Can't wait to see how this will inevitably crash and burn.

lol, this is the most Bergen Bergen has ever been

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Potrzebie posted:

It's very effective in moving funds from the public to the private sector.

Making proles suffer is also a bonus.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

teen witch posted:

the parrot might be seen as an improvement for some cases, let’s be honest.
that’s the number 1 issue. the ML chatbot is just one more cut closer to death, but it’s far from the first or worst

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
In this case they at least seem to not be stupid enough to use ML/AI for these chat bots. Instead they follow a decision tree. Which I still think is stupid, but it could be worse.

It’s a terrible idea from the start, I cannot imagine hearing the voice of a patient not factoring into the triage/diagnose process.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
AI will solve "it". (Doesn't matter what "it" is.)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Nidhg00670000 posted:

AI will solve "it". (Doesn't matter what "it" is.)

You want it all but you can't have it
It's in your face but you can't grab it

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Double post but: I’m starting to think the media around the whole gang crisis is a bit too alarmist? It’s a bad situation, by all means, but it feels a bit over exaggerated in the wrong way in order to ignore the actual glaring systemic flaws that got us here. Over exaggerated might be the wrong word.

Like I don’t think tramadol-addicted child soldiers are patrolling the streets, and I reeeeaaalllyyy hate this image of a child soldier being invoked to garner clicks, it’s irresponsible. If anything; this is child exploitation?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

teen witch posted:

What is it?
It's it

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

teen witch posted:

Double post but: I’m starting to think the media around the whole gang crisis is a bit too alarmist? It’s a bad situation, by all means, but it feels a bit over exaggerated in the wrong way in order to ignore the actual glaring systemic flaws that got us here. Over exaggerated might be the wrong word.

Like I don’t think tramadol-addicted child soldiers are patrolling the streets, and I reeeeaaalllyyy hate this image of a child soldier being invoked to garner clicks, it’s irresponsible. If anything; this is child exploitation?

The media "discussion" around it inevitably winds up being "look the these OUT OF CONTROL YOUTH HOODLUMS, click further to see more images" rather than some dry old expert explaining what the systemic causes are that lead into the mess. Something something attention economy?

Also there is a sprinkling of the old "the problems are very, very bad, but their causes are very, very good", so there's money to be made in not having an adult discussion about any of this.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

teen witch posted:

I appreciate this post.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

teen witch posted:

Is that a loving Hampenberg reference in the year <current year>?!

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
These gang memebers are operating on a "kill or be killed" basis, I can't see how locking them away for longer will help as long as the "supply" of new troops isn't cut. Like, from what I'm seeing they're all semi-amateurs given a gun and a target, they're not exactly irreplaceable skill-wise.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ulvir posted:

lol, this is the most Bergen Bergen has ever been

nah no central party has dissolved its bergen branch yet, it's only about 80% bergen

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Nidhg00670000 posted:

These gang memebers are operating on a "kill or be killed" basis, I can't see how locking them away for longer will help as long as the "supply" of new troops isn't cut. Like, from what I'm seeing they're all semi-amateurs given a gun and a target, they're not exactly irreplaceable skill-wise.

Yeah, but what if we tried strengere straffe? Maybe even punish their families or just blanket punishment of the neighborhood? Surely the solution must be more punishment. Definitely do not give the potential recruits other things to do, just keep them punished.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Nidhg00670000 posted:

That means fixing the environment that allows recruitment of those people/kids and that's not gently caress-the-poor enough to have any chance of happening.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Now that the "Kurdish Fox" is supposedly caught, the gang wars are won! Certainly no person or organisation will ever take his or its place, and we can go back to blaming the kids.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

F4rt5 posted:

Now that the "Kurdish Fox" is supposedly caught, the gang wars are won! Certainly no person or organisation will ever take his or its place, and we can go back to blaming the kids.

No you see as we're introducing child prisons, the kids will be in jail and won't be able to do crimes. Bing bong problem solved by Big Brain Ulf.

If kids continue doing crimes anyway, the problem is just that we don't incarcerate enough kids. Just expand the juvenile prisons until morale improves. Bonus points if you can put them to work as free labour in a privatized prison. Just look at how the US did and you have the blueprint. 500+ incarcerated by 100K is rookie numbers.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 9, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Nature adores a vacuum

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

I never thought I would say this but I gotta hand it to the danes.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.svt.se/kultur/trenden-varannan-ung-delar-inget-i-sociala-medier-langre--z095rb

Kidsen är ok.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Använder fortfarande smartphones och blir beroende av instant gratification apps dock, även vuxna, vi är alla hosed.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

His Divine Shadow posted:

Använder fortfarande smartphones och blir beroende av instant gratification apps dock, även vuxna, vi är alla hosed.

too busy doomscrolling tiktok to post

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Stole a meme from a Facebook acquaintance

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
There's too much going on in the meme

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

i'm happy for you
or sorry that happened

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

That's not the Vasa.

Cakebaker
Jul 23, 2007
Wanna buy some cake?
https://tt.omni.se/akesson-borde-kunna-utvisa-de-som-hyllar-hamas/a/0QdB10

I'm sure all the free speech defenders will come out and condemn this statement by Jimmy. Surely they wouldn't just defend speech they agree with.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Israel killed a 4-year-old Swedish citizen, her 1-year-old sister and their mother in Gaza.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/vast/svenska-barn-uppges-ha-dott-i-bombning-av-gaza

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 10, 2023

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

SplitSoul posted:

Israel killed a 4-year-old Swedish citizen, her 1-year-old sister and her mother in Gaza.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/vast/svenska-barn-uppges-ha-dott-i-bombning-av-gaza

Pretty much exactly the outcome Hamas wants, I am sure. A pox on both their houses.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

From the river to the sea.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Everyone's just going completely mask off at the moment.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

SplitSoul posted:

Everyone's just going completely mask off at the moment.

Mister Bronze Medal never put his mask on in the first place.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

THE BAR posted:

Mister Bronze Medal never put his mask on in the first place.

Perhaps it just didn't fit on his empty Cro-Magnon skull, did you ever consider that?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Cakebaker posted:

https://tt.omni.se/akesson-borde-kunna-utvisa-de-som-hyllar-hamas/a/0QdB10

I'm sure all the free speech defenders will come out and condemn this statement by Jimmy. Surely they wouldn't just defend speech they agree with.

Surely we won’t end up in a messy situation by criminalising people who vocally support terrorists, it’s not as if “terrorism” is a political term that can be used by governments as they see fit.

Huh?

Oh wow really terrorism *IS* a political term with no hard definitions that are consistently used across the world? Oh wow.

LoL Jimmie twisting himself into a knot trying to find a palatable answer to the question of Quran burnings in that article. “Ok if by pasty men but not by brown men” is what he appears to land on. Funny that.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Oct 11, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The guy who stabbed Ing-Marie Wieselgren last year was simply a lone wolf and not a terrorist. Sure he PLANNED terrorism, but he hosed it up therefore his views are totally OK and normal.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Apologies for the double post but lol, lmao.

Forskare: Extinction Rebellion utgör ingen säkerhetsrisk mot ministrar

quote:

Ulf Kristerssons beskrivning av klimatrörelsen Extinction Rebellion (XR) är tveksam, menar forskaren Mattias Wahlström, expert på sociala rörelser och protester.

– Jag tvivlar starkt på att Säpo skulle göra bedömningen att XR-medlemmar utgör en risk för ministrars personliga säkerhet.

Nu JO-anmäler Greenpeace regeringskansliet.

I ett Instagraminlägg i onsdags förra veckan hänvisade statsminister Ulf Kristersson (M) till klimatrörelsen Extinction Rebellion som en säkerhetsrisk.

Det skedde efter att klimatminister Romina Pourmokhtari (L) samma dag hade ställt in sitt deltagande på ett öppet klimatmöte hos regeringsinitiativet Fossilfritt Sverige om cementbranschens färdplan för nettonollutsläpp till 2030 – något som enligt klimatministerns stab gjordes ”av säkerhetsskäl”.

DN kunde berätta att den enda anmälda klimataktivisten till mötet var en pensionerad civilingenjör som ville ställa frågor om betongbranschens framtid.

– Jag hade inga planer på att vara ett säkerhetshot, sade Ola Gabrielson, 70-årig medlem i Extinction Rebellion, till DN.

Säkerhetsbedömningen som föregick det inställda klimatmötet hos Fossilfritt Sverige gjordes av Säpo, enligt klimatministern. DN har inte kunnat fastställa vad som låg bakom Säpos bedömning.

Mattias Wahlström, docent i sociologi vid Göteborgs universitet och forskare om sociala rörelser och protester, menar dock att det låter osannolikt att Säpo skulle ha klassat 70-åringen från Extinction Rebellion som en säkerhetsrisk.

– Jag tvivlar starkt på att Säpo skulle göra bedömningen att XR-medlemmar utgör en risk för ministrars personliga säkerhet. Exctinction Rebellion är en grupp som väldigt tydligt profilerat sig mot icke-våld och har inte någon historik eller retorik som handlar om våld mot personer, säger Mattias Wahlström.

Han menar att klimatministerns karaktärisering av vissa organisationer som ”illegala” syftar till att framställa dem som illegitima och utgör ett exempel på vad som ibland kallas ”mjuk repression”.

– Det är ett väldigt problematiskt språkbruk. Extinction Rebellion är de facto ingen olaglig organisation. Om en organisation beskrivs som olaglig börjar man tänka på terrororganisationer eller organiserad brottslighet, grupper som den vanliga medborgaren inte förväntas lyssna på eller sympatisera med.

Greenpeace vill nu se en utredning av vad som låg bakom den rapporterade säkerhetsrisken. Därför JO-anmäler miljöorganisationen regeringskansliet.

– Förelåg det verkligen ett säkerhetshot eller ställde man in för att ducka kritik mot sin egen klimatpolitik? De förklaringar som statsministern och klimatministern har gett hittills har varit väldigt tvivelaktiga, säger Erika Bjureby, Sverigechef på Greenpeace.

I inlägget på Instagram beskriver statsministern klimataktivister som sabotörer ”av demokratiska politiska processer”.

Klimatministern har i sin tur i en intervju med Ekot förklarat att det finns miljöorganisationer som ”utgör en fara” och ”som är illegala och utför brott”.

– Det är oerhört skrämmande när våra politiker använder den här typen av retorik. När statsministern stämplar aktivister som sabotörer av demokratin. Det kommer att spä på hatet mot klimataktivister, säger Erika Bjureby.

DN har sökt statsminister Ulf Kristersson. Hans presstjänst svarar i ett skriftligt uttalande:

”Statsministern uttalade sig om den händelse där klimatministern inte kunde medverka på ett klimatmöte eftersom bedömningen gjordes att säkerheten inte kunde garanteras. Statsministern lyfte också det faktum att klimataktivister störde den frågestund som Elisabeth Svantesson och han själv hade i Malmö härom veckan.

Det är naturligtvis synd att vi har en situation där klimatmöten och andra möten inte kan genomföras som planerat på grund av att det finns vissa grupper som vill störa det demokratiska samtalet.”

I sitt inlägg på Instagram berättar statministern om en sammankomst i Malmö för snart två veckor sedan, en ”onsdags-AW”, där han blev avbruten av klimataktivister. Kvällen var till en början ”en fin och öppen frågestund”.

”Men så kom några ilskna aktivister som bara ville förstöra mötet, som skrek rakt ut, som vägrade vänta på sin tur och som inte alls brydde sig om några svar”, skriver Ulf Kristersson, som jämför aktivisterna med ”totalitära krafter”.

Elvin Landaeus Csizmadia, 23 år gammal och aktiv i klimatnätverket Ta tillbaka framtiden, var den som först blev utslängd:

– Jag var där för att säga ifrån mot den politik som regeringen bedriver. Det känns som att det är för sent för en frågestund när regeringen går emot vad alla forskare säger och vad dess egna klimatpolitiska råd säger.

Du ställde ingen fråga och väntade inte på din tur. Förstår du att du blev utslängd?

– Ja, det var förväntat.

Tycker du att statsministerns beskrivning av er är rättvis?
– Det stämmer inte att vi låtsas bry oss om klimatet, det stämmer bättre in på regeringen.

Vad skulle du ha velat ha för svar från statsministern?

– Jag bryr mig inte om vad han svarar, utan om att han slutar öka utsläppen och i stället avvecklar fossilindustrin, vilket forskarna är överens om behöver hända, säger Elvin Landaeus Csizmadia.

Tatjana Boric, medlem i gruppen Rebellmammorna (en systerorganisation till Extinction Rebellion), var också på AW:n, men väntade på sin tur innan hon tog till orda. Hon blev utslängd ändå när hon började sjunga.

– Det var spontant och sprunget ur desperation då vi har provat alla vanliga metoder för politisk påverkan.

Statsministerns uttalande visar på stor okunskap om vad som ryms inom ramen för en demokrati, säger hon.

Sången fångades på film av Heidi Avellan, politisk chefredaktör på Sydsvenskan (oberoende liberal) som också var på plats. Hon upplevde aldrig situationen som hotfull eller obehaglig.

– Det var väldigt trångt, men det var inte hätsk stämning på något sätt. Någon kanske himlade med ögonen, någon annan fnittrade lite. Det är alltid tröttsamt med personer som påstår saker i stället för att ställa frågor, men jag skulle inte säga att någon av aktivisterna på plats framstod som totalitära krafter, säger hon.

Romina Pourmokhtari har avböjt intervju.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I agree that it's too severe. We could give them buksevann or kokos instead.