Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Someone in my league DROPPED Breece Hall and I missed it for Saturday waivers :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The Chubb owner in typical fashion is being a big baby and giving up on his season already as he usually does, a trade went through with him trading Nico Collins to a 4-0 team for Hunter Henry and *checks notes* Cam Akers which most of the league was not very happy about

Now there’s a trade pending with his Pollard for Justin Tucker, Zay Flowers, and Jaylen Warren and the commissioner is getting pissy and is getting an itchy trigger finger to delete the league

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

no LM veto? I don't do voting and I don't veto but I would veto the gently caress out of that.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Watson should be good to go? Nervous with that Q on MNF

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

T-Square posted:

The Chubb owner in typical fashion is being a big baby and giving up on his season already as he usually does, a trade went through with him trading Nico Collins to a 4-0 team for Hunter Henry and *checks notes* Cam Akers which most of the league was not very happy about

Now there’s a trade pending with his Pollard for Justin Tucker, Zay Flowers, and Jaylen Warren and the commissioner is getting pissy and is getting an itchy trigger finger to delete the league

That owner is being a piece of poo poo and should be barred from ever playing with ya’ll again

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea at that point just lock his team and have the commish set his lineup based on rankings every week.

And of course ban him from ever playing with you again.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

3 DONG HORSE posted:

no LM veto? I don't do voting and I don't veto but I would veto the gently caress out of that.

LM vetoes suck. In this case this is what having a commissioner is for. He should be putting his foot down and reversing or not approving these trades and locking that team out.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Isn't an LM veto effectively the same as the LM rejecting the trade though?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
We do vetos like this:

It's completely at the commissioners discretion. Commish calls the two parties and gets their reasoning. If not happy after that we pick 2 other managers at random and ask for opinions. It's not a vote. Completely up to the commish and generally we let most trades through.

But in that case if it happened in our league I don't think it would get that far and the commish would kill it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

In my case, I am a benevolent dictator who passes 100% of trades because thankfully my league doesn't have anyone who would stoop so low as to force me to veto something like that

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Same, but if that happened in mine, owner booted, trades reversed, entry fees returned

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

In my case, I am a benevolent dictator who passes 100% of trades because thankfully my league doesn't have anyone who would stoop so low as to force me to veto something like that

This is the way

I’m of the mind that like 0.1% of trades warrant a veto. Even “bad” trades are usually just dumb, not malicious. But if this guy is having crybaby meltdowns every year and giving away his players for nothing out of spite, don’t delete the league, just kick him out. We had to ban one of our best friends for a year because he never paid league dues for some reason. He’s back in and I still went to his wedding last summer, life goes on.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

High five to everyone else who rolled the dice!

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1710691846001770597?s=20

Injecting this into my lineup immediately

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

Great for my squads in 20-team League and Yahoo standard league. Been struggling in the latter especially.

Awful for my beer league team because of course, of course I draw the JT owner this week.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 7, 2023

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
My Kamara/Taylor team looking very strong suddenly. Was rough week 1, but then Kyren/Puka helped get me to 3-1 and now I'm looking stacked.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kiimo posted:

poo poo, my Zack Moss is probably worthless now.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah I’m glad I’m not the commish in this one, because he’s either gonna have to approve the second one because he let the first one slide, which is bad and will sour the league. And if he reverses the first one the other team involved in that trade is gonna cry baby quit too and say we’re just coming after him because he’s the current champion and undefeated still. I’m pretty sure this dudes not gonna be welcome back next year but we’re running out of people to make leagues with lol. Overall I’m not gonna let myself get worked up over it because the league I’m commissioning is much more competitive and we hand picked people that actually give a poo poo, so I’m already more focused and invested in that one anyway.

Also hell yeah J Taylor let’s go (now I can’t decide who to drop)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah looking at Jonathan Taylor and David Montgomery in my starting lineup looks a whole lot different than Monty and Rhamondre Stevenson

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Bird in a Blender posted:

poo poo, my Zack Moss is probably worthless now.

Not an empty quote. I also do not even think I have played the teams that have him in any league, so easier matchups for my opponents but not for me :(.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Taylor is locked in and now I just need Ekeler and Saquan to get healthy and I will never have to move my RBs or flex ever again. And I'll have KW3 and Sanders as my back ups. Maybe I need to find a WR upgrade hah

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sure you can trade Sanders for...

a WR4

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

a WR4

I was thinking KW3 so I get someone of value but that's fair lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hate Miles Sanders so much and I'm just not going to start him ever again.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

a WR4

I'm hoping Carolina can figure their poo poo out and bounce back. The volume is absolutely there. He's the #2 RB in the league in targets.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

They are talking about Taylor being on a snap count and being eased in, but he’s gotta be completely healthy now right?

The understanding was the whole IR situation was just due to the holdout, correct?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Projected points: 15.2
Actual points: 4

I'm not ever falling for this poo poo again

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Return of the king.

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1710705631899042296?t=zuFAd744ZUDvrYFLJDw6Eg&s=19

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

kiimo posted:

I avoided him on purpose this year yeah. He’s on my personal Do Not Draft list along with Swift and Mike Evans

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Got my first trade offer of the season but my head is all jumbled up (I'm officiating a wedding for the first time in a few hours) so I would love some advice. It's a 0.5 PPR league.

He would receive: Tua + Mattison
I would receive: Dak + Gibbs

My roster:
QB - Jalen Hurts
RB - Tony Pollard, Jonathan Taylor
WR - Tyreek Hill, Keenan Allen
TE - Mark Andrews
Flex - Alexander Mattison, Tank Dell
DEF - Patriots
Bench - Tua Tagovailoa, Khalil Herbert, Roschon Johnson, Gabe Davis, Michael Thomas, Diontae Johnson, Skyy Moore, Luke Musgrave

HIs roster:
QB - Dak Prescott
RB - Alvin Kamara, D'Andre Swift
WR - Stefon Diggs, Deebo Samuel
TE - T.J. Hockenson
Flex - Jahmyr Gibbs, Jerry Jeudy
DEF - Eagles
Bench - Deshaun Watson, Kareem Hunt, Joshua Kelley, Jameson Williams, Tutu Atwell, Josh Downs, David Njoku

Any advice appreciated, thank you!

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm hoping Carolina can figure their poo poo out and bounce back. The volume is absolutely there. He's the #2 RB in the league in targets.

Sanders has had an elite role up to now, so all you can do is hold and pray the Panthers can unfuck their offense.

Honestly wouldn't shock me if its Chuba Hubbard that was the back we needed for our playoff runs, but the process etc.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Quiet Feet posted:

They are fine to do that.

After this week. LIONS BITCH

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
I’ve been offered Jonathan Taylor and Devonta Smith for my Devante Adams. My current RBs are Pollard, Monty and Kamara so I guess the trade doesn’t make sense, but I’m tempted in case we get 2021 Taylor back.

Would you guys consider this trade?

Freezer fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 7, 2023

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Bellmaker posted:

I avoided him on purpose this year yeah. He’s on my personal Do Not Draft list along with Swift and Mike Evans

Mike Evans? My Do Not Draft for the last 2 seasons has been Diontae Johnson and Najee Harris

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My offer of Jerome Ford and a third round pick next draft was accepted for Ja'Marr Chase.

This isn't a bad move is it

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

surf rock posted:

Got my first trade offer of the season but my head is all jumbled up (I'm officiating a wedding for the first time in a few hours) so I would love some advice. It's a 0.5 PPR league.

My roster:
QB - Jalen Hurts
TE - Mark Andrews
DEF - Patriots
Bench - Tua Tagovailoa, Khalil Herbert, Roschon Johnson, Gabe Davis, Michael Thomas, Diontae Johnson, Skyy Moore, Luke Musgrave

HIs roster:
QB - Dak Prescott
TE - T.J. Hockenson
DEF - Eagles
Bench - Deshaun Watson, Kareem Hunt, Joshua Kelley, Jameson Williams, Tutu Atwell, Josh Downs, David Njoku

It's close enough that I think I'd take either side. Tua is better than Dak, but Tua's also one hit from being scrambled eggs, and you're not starting anyone over Hurts anytime except bye week or injury anyway. Gibbs has more upside than Mattison, and I feel like he'll produce better numbers than Mattison over the second half of the season. Non-Bijan rookies are tough to judge though.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

The other day I was offered Sanders for Brian Robinson. I told him to pound sand cause BRob was about to put up 25 points on the Bears.

lol

Still don’t regret it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

surf rock posted:

My roster:
QB - Jalen Hurts
TE - Mark Andrews
DEF - Patriots

HIs roster:
QB - Dak Prescott
TE - T.J. Hockenson
DEF - Eagles

This is okay but nothing special. You lose slightly from giving up Tua. I'd try to find a more desperate trade partner to offload one of your QBs.

E: just to be clear, it's not unfair, it's just not equal.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 7, 2023

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Freezer posted:

I’ve been offered Jonathan Taylor and Devonta Smith for my Devante Adams. My current RBs are Pollard, Monty and Kamara so I guess the trade doesn’t make sense, but I’m tempted in case we get 2021 Taylor back.

Would you guys consider this trade?

He retracted it, probably for the best.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Gibbs has been downgraded to doubtful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Also Tua had a not great week last week. I'd wait for him to beat up on the Giants tomorrow before shopping him around