Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
I finished my baneblade!!! im so happy after all these years to have put it togeather. ready to unleash eleven barrels of hell!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
So should they call the eventual revised Land Speeder Storm kit the Storm Speeder Storm, or the Storm Speeder Land?

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Stephenls posted:

So should they call the eventual revised Land Speeder Storm kit the Storm Speeder Storm, or the Storm Speeder Land?

Storm Speeder, Land's

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Lady Militant posted:

I finished my baneblade!!! im so happy after all these years to have put it togeather. ready to unleash eleven barrels of hell!!

that looks sick as hell, nice job!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Stephenls posted:

They will include modifications made by Jason Storm and call it Storm's Land Speeder.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

WIP for the Weirdboy I decided to make for fun:

The pipes didn’t quite get finished but it’s because I slipped with my knife and got cut deeply, so I decided it was good enough

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They will include modifications made by Jason Storm and call it Storm's Land Speeder.

Clearly a joint project between Arkhan Land and Jasonius Storm, thereby they will just call it the Storm Land Speeder. Or Land Storm Speeder.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Cooked Auto posted:

Clearly a joint project between Arkhan Land and Jasonius Storm, thereby they will just call it the Storm Land Speeder. Or Land Storm Speeder.

Logistics reforms and standardized naming scheme resulting in

Speeder, Land, Storm

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Does anyone have any suggestions for a cost effective way to get a bunch of MKVII helmet bits?

I want the majority of my Celestial Lions to have MKVII helms because I prefer the look of them and I'm beginning to run low on my bits box.

I tried looking on ebay thinking they would still be readily available but sadly it looks like that well is drying up.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

WIP for the Weirdboy I decided to make for fun:

The pipes didn’t quite get finished but it’s because I slipped with my knife and got cut deeply, so I decided it was good enough
Looks really good anyway

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

jadebullet posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a cost effective way to get a bunch of MKVII helmet bits?

I want the majority of my Celestial Lions to have MKVII helms because I prefer the look of them and I'm beginning to run low on my bits box.

I tried looking on ebay thinking they would still be readily available but sadly it looks like that well is drying up.

Is Mk VII the normal one on an original first born tactical marine? How many do you need? PM me.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Is this the place to post warhammer art? Not just models?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Technically any Warhammer has the potential to be art.

Lady Militant posted:

I finished my baneblade!!! im so happy after all these years to have put it togeather. ready to unleash eleventwelve barrels of hell!!

You forgot to count the bolt pistol.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 6, 2023

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

smug jeebus posted:

Looks really good anyway

Thanks- making Ork technology out of bitz is fun (aside from the bleeding)!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bleedin' on it makes 'em fasta.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Oh poo poo

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Muir posted:

Is Mk VII the normal one on an original first born tactical marine? How many do you need? PM me.

Yeah post a pic of which helmet you're looking for.

I have SO MANY Space Marine heads.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Nipping off the various Mk VII helmets that are impaled through spikes in all the Chaos kits: yeah I got a few but there might be some holes in them

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Everyone needs heads, including me lol

Noise Marine Update:
These are the only non standard primaris heads I have right now for my noise marines and it sucks.

The squad is about 90% done, only 2 models need power pack arms/speakers, one needs the rest of his armor to be blinged out, and the eventual 5 heads that will be used need to be magnetized cause I like being able to pivot heads whenever I want for photos or do full swaps.

Anyway here's (a) wonder wall (of pics)

NM1 (dude that needs more bling)

NM2 (needs speakers/poqerpack arms)

NM3

NM4 (needs speakers/poqerpack arms)

NM5

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

The Demilich posted:

Everyone needs heads, including me lol

Noise Marine Update:
These are the only non standard primaris heads I have right now for my noise marines and it sucks.

The squad is about 90% done, only 2 models need power pack arms/speakers, one needs the rest of his armor to be blinged out, and the eventual 5 heads that will be used need to be magnetized cause I like being able to pivot heads whenever I want for photos or do full swaps.

Anyway here's (a) wonder wall (of pics)

NM1 (dude that needs more bling)

NM2 (needs speakers/poqerpack arms)

NM3

NM4 (needs speakers/poqerpack arms)

NM5

God, those look cool.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah those are dope as hell, I can’t wait to see them painted

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

incredibly cool noise marines, definitely agree they deserve some leopard spots and tiger stripes!

necron Q:

i'm making a little 1k necron army and I wanna go all in on resurrecting tough blobs of necrons.

i've got a technomancer, lord, reanimator and some warriors, i'll get some cryptothralls too

what else is good and regenerates? i'll probably pick up some lychguard but whats good anti-tank for necrons?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah post a pic of which helmet you're looking for.

I have SO MANY Space Marine heads.

Essentially any of this type of Space Marine helmet.

Edit: drat those noise marines look awesome.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

jadebullet posted:

Essentially any of this type of Space Marine helmet.

Edit: drat those noise marines look awesome.

yeah I might be able to help.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Those noise marines are sick as hell but their cable management makes me doubt they are true audiophiles.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Ashcans posted:

Those noise marines are sick as hell but their cable management makes me doubt they are true audiophiles.

They definitely have auramite-plated cable connectors

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Communist Thoughts posted:

incredibly cool noise marines, definitely agree they deserve some leopard spots and tiger stripes!

necron Q:

i'm making a little 1k necron army and I wanna go all in on resurrecting tough blobs of necrons.

i've got a technomancer, lord, reanimator and some warriors, i'll get some cryptothralls too

what else is good and regenerates? i'll probably pick up some lychguard but whats good anti-tank for necrons?

Resurrection/Toughness:
A Ghost Ark lets you trigger Reanimation Protocols on a Warrior blob once per phase after they take damage, but as a dedicated transport with a capacity of 10 Warriors and 1 character it's annoying to use when you want a full 20-man Warrior blob. Sticking a Hexmark Destroyer in it as the required is a good option - the Hexmark can provide fire support for the Warriors if they get shot at.

Illuminor Szeras is great, buffing your battle line troops (that is: your warriors) while being very difficult to take down between Lone Operative, Invulnerable saves, and Feel no Pain. However, he might be a bit pricey for 1k points.

Anti-Tank:
Lokhust Heavy Destroyers are the cheapest option at 50 points per model, but also pack the biggest punch on individual hits at 6 damage a shot. However, they're also the squishiest choice.

The Canoptek Doomstalker is the next step up - slightly cheaper than a 3-man LHD unit at 135 points, and more durable with equal wounds, better toughness, and an Invuln, but its gun has a less of a punch to it if you don't roll 5 or 6 for number of shots, and it's got worse BS than the Lokhusts as well, though it does have Blast to take some of the sting off if you have to fire it into a blob instead of a tank.

The Doomsday Ark is, I believe, generally viewed as the best antitank for the Necrons but also the priciest coming in at 210 points. Tougher than a Doomstalker and the fastest-moving of the three units listed here, its main gun will match a Lokhust team for damage at 5 shots (4+ on the dice roll) and it matches them for accuracy with the added bonus that you can give it Devastating Wounds to potentially ignore enemy saves if it stays stationary when firing.

Of the three units I've listed above, my personal preference is for Lokhusts due to their reliably high damage output provided you can keep them safe.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Bucnasti posted:

yeah I might be able to help.

Holy gently caress how on earth did you acquire so many?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That feels about average if you're a Marine player.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Demilich posted:

The sets that came out during 3rd-7th came out will at least two heads per marine body including guys in vehicles. I got a big ol pile too.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Had a good 2K game today. My Necrons vs Black Templars. Brought out my newly completed Monolith, so I didn't have room for some of the utility units I usually bring. My opponent, a friend but we've never played against each other before, looked at my list and said "I apologize in advance for beating you so badly".

I, uhhh, tabled him in Round 4 and won 53-18. The Monolith (4x Death Rays) is an absolute monster and between that and the DDA, nothing that got within their circle of influence lasted long. Highlight was charging Helbrecht with the Monolith and killing him with the Portal of Exile.

His Terminator brick almost killed my Lychguard brick, though, which has never happened before. Had me sweating.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Only got leviathan plus a few add ons for current 40k but if TW anything like Back In My Day it’s difficult to buy 40k stuff at all and not end up with a least a kill team of marines somehow. And they orks come from spores.

Also, nice noise marines my brother in Slaanesh. I’m sad you didn’t have more mohawk heads.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The Demilich posted:

I got a moderate size army of smol marines, which had a lot of extra heads, but also I wanted beakie heads for my primaris army, and the only way to get a lot of them was to buy entire sets of heads from bits sellers.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
I think I might be stuck buying only off ebay or other places to get cheaper models. I forgot how expensive Imperial guard as a faction is to army build, I went to the store yesterday and 1 squad of cadian shock troops and Ursala creed cost me 100 dollars! and that's not that many points! Even the combat patrol box for guard doesn't add up to that many points and that's supposed to be the most efficient way to get more infantry for the IG. And this may be a hot take but I highkey kind of hate how the rogal dorn tank looks. Id rather pay for two leman russes than pay 100 dollars for....that.

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad

Lady Militant posted:

I think I might be stuck buying only off ebay or other places to get cheaper models. I forgot how expensive Imperial guard as a faction is to army build, I went to the store yesterday and 1 squad of cadian shock troops and Ursala creed cost me 100 dollars! and that's not that many points! Even the combat patrol box for guard doesn't add up to that many points and that's supposed to be the most efficient way to get more infantry for the IG. And this may be a hot take but I highkey kind of hate how the rogal dorn tank looks. Id rather pay for two leman russes than pay 100 dollars for....that.

It's absolutely true that it's one of the most expensive factions.

Holiday time has some box sets that give you some savings. Also look out for local gaming stores that give you 'points' for your purchases, even better if they have free shipping.

Kromlech has some really cool alternate turrets for Leman Russ tanks so you can make sure you have what you want when you want it.

Check FB marketplace and similar for people selling their armies - it was a meta winner only 6 + months ago but now is garbage (tourney wise, for now) so the real gamers might be getting rid of their supplies. Learning how to strip models effectively is a good idea.

Again - don't forget to magnetize your vehicle options, it helps you stretch your budget.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Wargames Atlantic has a bunch of options you could check, some are even compatible with regular IG parts I believe.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Cooked Auto posted:

Wargames Atlantic has a bunch of options you could check, some are even compatible with regular IG parts I believe.

Yeah the WA guard equivalents are the only way I’d consider doing an IG army. The Grognards range has got infantry, command squads, heavy weapons and cavalry now, with ogres if you want to get into 3D printing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There's a whole host of history themed space soldiers that are almost all cooler looking than stock cadians

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

gently caress me, the 2e noise marines are $30+ a piece on ebay. I was going to buy the three models and then make some thermoplastic casts for bits to use, but I'm not spending $100 on 3 models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Guard seems like a great opportunity to buy some historical models of appropriate scale and give them the various laser guns as necessary