Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

fanfic insert posted:

gonna own when its revealed that israel neoliberalized itself into only having 2 days worth of ammo

Some of the War Stores the US nominally "owns" but that are located in Israel to simplify a 1973 style emergency resupply, were diverted to Ukraine, including 155mm ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Brogeoisie posted:

Israel cut power and also just targeted the east gaza oil refineries. They're def going in

I hope Hezbollah wasn't bluffing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/RonWyden/status/1710718371132555446

Is this really "Terrorism"?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I hope Hezbollah wasn't bluffing

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Frosted Flake posted:

Some of the War Stores the US nominally "owns" but that are located in Israel to simplify a 1973 style emergency resupply, were diverted to Ukraine, including 155mm ammo.

Zelensky upgrading Ukraine from "Big Israel" to "Israel 2"

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

tatankatonk posted:

hey goons, if you want to support Palestinian children who are victims of Israeli apartheid, you can donate here to the Palestine Children's Relief Fund, which sends medical personnel/supplies to Palestine, builds hospitals and clinics, and also evacuates Palestinian kids to the West so they can get medical treatments not available in Gaza/the West Bank. It has a good charity rating and was endorsed by jimmy carter so the money goes where it's supposed to go

https://pcrf1.app.neoncrm.com/forms/general

thanks, doing it again now.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

https://twitter.com/Cobratate/status/1710663067535630732

:jihad:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Strange bedfellows

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1710689115522371772
This motherfucker is a bigger apartheid lover than your average republican politician lol

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis/status/1710627736664854638

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is about as good as you can do from a mainstream politician.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Looks like him and Jorp are gonna have to break up. Who's gonna get custody of Ben Shapiro?

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Brogeoisie posted:

Israel cut power and also just targeted the east gaza oil refineries. They're def going in

They will try

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

terrorizing netanyahu into a hospital

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

mcmagic posted:

This is about as good as you can do from a mainstream politician.

Yeah it's a way better statement than the dogshit Bernad put out

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I have been out of contact with news for the last 24 hours.

can somebody tell me very briefly what the hell happened?!?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

mdemone posted:

Palestine said no to the wall

also paraglider fighter units

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Spergin Morlock posted:

just saw a clip of netanyahu saying "this is a war". his eyes were puffy and it looked like he had been crying lol

He's been trying to provoke a war for 30 years and now he's finally got one

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

mdemone posted:

Hamas attacked israel and in response Israel has used very limited and measured force to respond while reconsidering their apartheid state position. Just kidding it's gonna be war crime city.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

mdemone posted:

Third Intifada

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

evo ftw

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.

mdemone posted:

red horse riding his rear end off

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

mdemone posted:

The IDF just got pantsed by guys on mopeds and paragliders

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

i say swears online posted:

keep in mind each qassam costs palestinians more than each iron dome missile costs israelis because israelis don't pay for those

Wondering about Palestinian rocket production rates vs western artisinal shell production rates.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

mdemone posted:

It's happening

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The performance of the IDF has been universally pathetic for at least 20 years now.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Given the rapid expansion of territory they're managed to take within a day, I'll give it 2 weeks before they will be able to retake all of their lands from Israel.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

Evo is my president

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

VoicesCanBe posted:

It's happening

:hmmyes:

carry on then

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
going to bed with a giant smile on my face and snug and warm in a nice big bed with a sonic the hedgehog pillow thanks Hamas

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Orange Devil posted:

Wondering about Palestinian rocket production rates vs western artisinal shell production rates.

How do the Palestinians even produce rockets without a lengthy tender process?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Военная хроника posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
Which targets Hamas can attack: Military Chronicle's breakdown

There are several key targets in the immediate vicinity of the occupied territories. Some of them have already been captured, others evacuated.

Which facilities are we talking about?

The first site that Hamas forces managed to seize was the Hatzerim airbase. It was from there that the Israelis hurriedly removed the F-16 fighter jets.

Just 15 kilometers away from it, as the Palestinian infantry moves eastward, is the city of Be'er Sheva, behind which is the Nevatim airbase. Lockheed Martin F-35I ("Adir") fighters have been stationed there since last November.

Directly in the path of Hamas's western flank, 75 kilometers from Gaza, is the Ramon airbase. Israeli F-16I Sufa fighters were based there.

Between Ashkelon and Tel Aviv is the Palmahim airbase. It was the site of one of the first Qassam missile strikes. The 161st UAV squadron of the Israeli Air Force and several dozen Elbit Hermes 450 attack drones are stationed there.

Almost there, between Gedera and Rehovot, is the Tel Nof airbase. The 133rd and 106th squadrons of the Israeli Air Force with F-15 fighters are based there.

15 kilometers west of Jerusalem is the Sdot Micha military base. One of the most classified facilities in the country is located there: a rocket unit with Jericho-3 ballistic missiles.

If the operation of these facilities is paralyzed and expensive equipment is destroyed, Israel could significantly reduce airstrikes, which are currently the only effective means of responding to Hamas.

@MChroniclesBot - send your photos and videos from the front.

☠️ Military Chronicle

💙 Military Chronicle in VK
(from t.me/milchronicles/2694, via tgsa)

lol if the first f-35 shootdown in history is by a palestinian drone

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

seeing all the weak colonizer bullshit every american politician is peddling in response to this really makes me hate this stupid country :d2a:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Assad please do something hilarious with Israel

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
I have a sneaking suspicion the IDF is gunna get loving rinsed if they counterattack. I don't think it's quite so clear that this is a futile expression of rage. Like, maybe these guys know what they're doing and have a plan to win? That this armed and well organized military organization isn't just acting on emotion?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

By FRANTZ FANON
Preface by JEAN-PAUL SARTRE
Translated by CONSTANCE FARRINGTON
GROVE WEIDENFELD
NEW YORK

CONCERNING VIOLENCE
National liberation, national renaissance, the restoration of nationhood to the people, commonwealth: whatever may be the headings used or the new formulas introduced, decolonization is always a violent phenomenon. At whatever level we study it--relationships between individuals, new names for sports clubs, the human admixture at cocktail parties, in the police, on the directing boards of national or private banks--decolonization is quite simply the replacing of a certain "species" of men by another "species" of men. Without any period of transition, there is a total, complete, and absolute substitution. It is true that we could equally well stress the rise of a new nation, the setting up of a new state, its diplomatic relations, and its economic and political trends. But we have precisely chosen to speak of that kind of tabula rasa which characterizes at the outset all decolonization. Its unusual importance is that it constitutes, from the very first day, the minimum demands of the colonized. To tell the truth, the proof of success lies in a whole social structure being changed from the bottom up. The extraordinary importance of this change is that it is willed, called for, demanded. The need for this change exists in its crude state, impetuous and compelling, in the consciousness and in the lives of the men and women who are colonized. But the possibility of this change is equally experienced in the form of a terrifying future in the consciousness of another "species" of men and women: the colonizers.

Decolonization, which sets out to change the order of the world, is, obviously, a program of complete disorder. But it cannot come as a result of magical practices, nor of a natural shock, nor of a friendly understanding. Decolonization, as we know, is a historical process: that is to say that it cannot be understood, it cannot become intelligible nor clear to itself except in the exact measure that we can discern the movements which give it historical form and content. Decolonization is the meeting of two forces, opposed to each other by their very nature, which in fact owe their originality to that sort of substantification which results from and is nourished by the situation in the colonies. Their first encounter was marked by violence and their existence together--that is to say the exploitation of the native by the settler--was carried on by dint of a great array of bayonets and cannons. The settler and the native are old acquaintances. In fact, the settler is right when he speaks of knowing "them" well. For it is the settler who has brought the native into existence and who perpetuates his existence. The settler owes the fact of his very existence, that is to say, his property, to the colonial system.

Decolonization never takes place unnoticed, for it influences individuals and modifies them fundamentally. It transforms spectators crushed with their inessentiality into privileged actors, with the grandiose glare of history's floodlights upon them. It brings a natural rhythm into existence, introduced by new men, and with it a new language and a new humanity. Decolonization is the veritable creation of new men. But this creation owes nothing of its legitimacy to any supernatural power; the "thing" which has been colonized becomes man during the same process by which it frees itself.

In decolonization, there is therefore the need of a complete calling in question of the colonial situation. If we wish to describe it precisely, we might find it in the wellknown words: "The last shall be first and the first last." Decolonization is the putting into practice of this sentence. That is why, if we try to describe it, all decolonization is successful.

The naked truth of decolonization evokes for us the searing bullets and bloodstained knives which emanate from it. For if the last shall be first, this will only come to pass after a murderous and decisive struggle between the two protagonists. That affirmed intention to place the last at the head of things, and to make them climb at a pace (too quickly, some say) the well-known steps which characterize an organized society, can only triumph if we use all means to turn the scale, including, of course, that of violence.

You do not turn any society, however primitive it may be, upside down with such a program if you have not decided from the very beginning, that is to say from the actual formulation of that program, to overcome all the obstacles that you will come across in so doing. The native who decides to put the program into practice, and to become its moving force, is ready for violence at all times. From birth it is clear to him that this narrow world, strewn with prohibitions, can only be called in question by absolute violence.
http://www.openanthropology.org/fanonviolence.htm

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

GoLambo posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion the IDF is gunna get loving rinsed if they counterattack. I don't think it's quite so clear that this is a futile expression of rage. Like, maybe these guys know what they're doing and have a plan to win? That this armed and well organized military organization isn't just acting on emotion?

It's still going to be a few hundred guys fighting against an army with modern equipment. You take away the element of surprise and it will just become a slaughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

whole lot of "new right" personalities pissing off their audiences today with unequivocal support of Israel lol