Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

israel loving up so hard that ksa and iran finally agree on something lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/evoespueblo/status/1710717502152421472

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Nonsense posted:

Israel destroyed the Palestine Tower, and a hospital so far.

In exchange for a few tanks, a settlement, several hundred casualties and four helicopters. IDF stay winning

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol i just remembered this

https://www.memri.org/tv/palestinian-wedding-song-putin-banish-ukrainian-women-to-marry-palestinians-china-invade-taiwan

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
They'll need to kill a lot of kids to erase this shame

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

any word from gal gadot?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lpzie posted:

any word from gal gadot?

The celebrity donations will start pouring in, there's a twitter account that breaks down who donates to the IDF directly from them.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm in one of those "I've waited too long and now I'm afraid to ask" situations. Can someone explain why exactly the US is so far up the rear end of Israel and defends and supports all their bullshit so uniformly and in lockstep? I have my theories and things I've heard but none of it seems to add up to the sheer brick wall of support for Israel from the US government.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

CNN has a reporter lying on the tarmac in the Tel Aviv airport taking cover giving his report

:lmao:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

mdemone posted:

THANK YOU

here take this

https://tgsa.tazj.in/

twitter embeds but for telegram posts

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Frosted Flake posted:

Since '73.

I've posted the studies about it in the Ukraine thread, and there are quite a few books about the IDF that cover this, but armies in prolonged occupations are not good at fighting wars.

Interesting. Do you mind listing some of those books?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Best Friends posted:

to be fair that does not mean there is any actual fire or incoming or fighting anywhere close.

oh of course

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

heard of the Bible?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

I'm in one of those "I've waited too long and now I'm afraid to ask" situations. Can someone explain why exactly the US is so far up the rear end of Israel and defends and supports all their bullshit so uniformly and in lockstep? I have my theories and things I've heard but none of it seems to add up to the sheer brick wall of support for Israel from the US government.

Because Israeli is an unofficial 51st state and regional proxy so they treat them accordingly.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

1glitch0 posted:

The Israel lobby is extremely rich and powerful. There is also an element of racism like anything else in the US.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
we're doing it, we're rapturing baby

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
can we start a fundraiser for hamas?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

1glitch0 posted:

Christians believe that Israel has to rebuild the temple before Jesus can return so Israel has to control the whole area

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

smarxist posted:

Do you like prison?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Lion's Den and other West Bank groups, who have been the main target of Isreali raids over the past year, haven't even joined the fight yet from what I can tell

about that

Resistance News Network posted:

🦁 The Lions’ Den:

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

"Enter upon them through the gate, for when you have entered it, you will be dominant. And upon Allah rely, if you should be believers."

That is the Truth of Allah Almighty.

Allahu Akbar, hasten for Jihad.
Allahu Akbar, hasten for confrontation.
Allahu Akbar, hasten, O men of Allah, O truthful ones.

O sons of Palestine, all of Palestine, it is Gaza of glory, manhood, dignity, and steadfastness. Gaza which did not accept humiliation and fights with the blood of its men, children, women, and elders while the Arab and Islamic nations kneel in shame and disgrace. Gaza, which offers actions, not mere words, the sanctuary of honor, dignity, and resistance.

The Lions’ Den groups invite you tonight, at exactly 11:00, to take to the streets, raising your voices in supplications to Allah for the victory of your men who are currently engaged in the battle of bravery and triumph, with the help of Allah. March forward with all weapons you may have, no matter how simple. Take to the streets, block the roads for the occupation army and its settlers. From you and us [emerge] the chants of "Allahu Akbar." It is upon us to advance on all confrontation points until we infiltrate the heart of the surrounding settlements.

This is the battle of honor and survival. Either we live free or we don't live at all.

Our message to the occupation:
O state of foolishness and empty arrogance, O paper and cardboard security system, Gaza has made you fall in a pit of worldly hell, and you will not leave it except for the hereafter’s hell. We will meet you face to face now, now and not tomorrow, in a way that you never anticipated, us and all the honorable resistance fighters.
As Wadie [Al-Houh] said: The time for talk is over, and action begins. In the name of Allah, we start.

(The talking after 11:00 is only for takbeers and bullets)

Your brothers,
The Lions’ Den groups.
(from t.me/PalestineResist/13447, via tgsa)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Do you like prison?

we all live in many prisons op

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Christians believe that Israel has to rebuild the temple before Jesus can return so Israel has to control the whole area

lol left behind had the dastardly arabs build the palace honoring the antichrist

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

smarxist posted:

yes please

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

the oracle told biden that if he sent arms to ukraine the occupation will fall

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

doing domestic surveillance is always a bad look so the cia subcontacts the work out to mossad for a layer of obfuscation and deniability

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

to keep the arabs down, the turks out and white people in

also the evangelicals believe the jews will convert and make israel christian

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Israel is effectively the military outpost for the western powers. It's their toe hold in the region where the project power from.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

William Bear posted:

:stare: The Times of Israel has a liveblog with a woman who lives in a settlement on the border with Gaza. She's locked in a saferoom in her house and hears Hamas outside.

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/i-hear-massive-shooting-i-have-never-been-this-scared-in-my-life/

lol in her bio:

"In addition, she is a trained medical clown and, although on COVID hiatus, until allowed back into hospitals, she clowns as often as she can in the pediatric ward in the hospital in Ashkelon"

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/ElonMusgraves/status/1710705044725670181

https://twitter.com/ElonMusgraves/status/1710706066990706735

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/Trump_History45/status/1710667241963073963?t=m9xnetWhBuNKg_wpyii8dw&s=19

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

It looks like Jenin in the West Bank is under attack

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Israel is ideologically important the US as a white supremacist settler project and also practically important to the US as a giant military base

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mcmagic posted:

The Israel lobby is extremely rich and powerful. There is also an element of racism like anything else in the US.

Why it started?
Anticommunism
Imperialism and anticommunism.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The Voice of Labor posted:

doing domestic surveillance is always a bad look so the cia subcontacts the work out to mossad for a layer of obfuscation and deniability

Also secular arab nationalism used to be a big threat and Israel was instrumental in nuking that one.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Haters will say this is fake

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://youtu.be/0CF8rqzRJhM?si=ByAFjcqizP0bOiIC

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Why it started?
Anticommunism
Imperialism and anticommunism.

Yeah but we destroyed any middle eastern communists, what? 35 years ago?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

other telegrams:
Quds News Network is a Palestinian outlet
https://t.me/QudsNen

al mayadeen is a lebanese outlet and was started with a lot of journalists from al-Jazeera upset about how that outlet covered the Syrian war

i'm surprised they don't have an english telegram from what I can tell but they have a spanish one
https://t.me/almayadeenespanol

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

part one, they're a longtime regional proxy going back to cold war days, so they're up to their eyeballs in all the usual military/industrial complex "we can't ever stop giving them aid, because if we stopped giving them aid Lockheed Martin's stock price might drop for a quarter second."

part two, there's a bunch of weird evangelical bullshit about how Israel has to be around for the end of days to happen, which the Israel lobby has gleefully made use of for a very long time for inroads among Republicans.

part three, not to put too fine a point on it, New York and Los Angeles are both Democratic as hell and Jewish as hell. meaning there's an awful lot of very powerful Democrats who have spent the past sixty or so years knowing that if they take a position less than unconditional support for Israel they'll be dealing with a primary from someone who will.

part four, the war on terror let them pivot into "we are your eternal allies in the war against the Muslim world," which was great for them while it looked like we were winning, and has left them in a bit of an awkward position now that we have admitted that was a total bust.

some of the reason Israel is going off crazier than usual is that over the last fifteen years American Jews have gone from unconditionally supporting Israel to being a lot more lukewarm on the subject. this has taken support for Israel from "absolutely mandatory" to "you can get away with saying sometimes they do bad things" in Democratic circles. all the military/industrial complex ties and a very well-funded Israel lobby are enough to keep Democrats firmly supportive of them, but as the continued existence of Ilhan Omar demonstrates, it is now possible to not say they get a blank check for everything forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but we destroyed any middle eastern communists, what? 35 years ago?