Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This thread moves too fast, can we get a cool down timer on posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
netanyahu currently crying saying "this has been a hard day for us, hamas wants to kill us!"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but we destroyed any middle eastern communists, what? 35 years ago?

*looks around for spectres*

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Gripweed posted:

no

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but we destroyed any middle eastern communists, what? 35 years ago?

Yeah and the soviet union collapsed in the 90s but NATO still exists

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

wtf do Indian chuds give a poo poo

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1710702924836331770

Same sentiment, except Israel didn’t lift the boot at all.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Taco Duck posted:

its so modi can rob them blind while they hate muslims

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lets loving goooo

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Taco Duck posted:

they are just enjoying the entire thing on the sidelines.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/eslam_aboshady/status/1710736744004423743?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

https://twitter.com/eslam_aboshady/status/1710593600055030036?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Taco Duck posted:

All I know is Pakistan will knock their blocks off soon enough.

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Taco Duck posted:

they hate muslims

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Started as Cold War stuff and then we figured out just how much oil and important elements are in dem thar hills so we just ran with them as a proxy to stomp all over the Middle East so we could suck up the natural resources to fuel our Moloch capitalism machine back home

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Nonsense posted:

the bombing of civilian infrastructure in Gaza has begun.

when has it stopped

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
there is still a small but definitely-extant Marxist presence in the Palestinian liberation movement, with a couple of communist organizations still maintaining their own military wings with the ability to participate in actions

they don't seem to be very large in absolute numbers and seem to limit their activity mostly to launching rockets in support of the operations of other, larger groups, but they weren't completely wiped out

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

part one, they're a longtime regional proxy going back to cold war days, so they're up to their eyeballs in all the usual military/industrial complex "we can't ever stop giving them aid, because if we stopped giving them aid Lockheed Martin's stock price might drop for a quarter second."

part two, there's a bunch of weird evangelical bullshit about how Israel has to be around for the end of days to happen, which the Israel lobby has gleefully made use of for a very long time for inroads among Republicans.

part three, not to put too fine a point on it, New York and Los Angeles are both Democratic as hell and Jewish as hell. meaning there's an awful lot of very powerful Democrats who have spent the past sixty or so years knowing that if they take a position less than unconditional support for Israel they'll be dealing with a primary from someone who will.

part four, the war on terror let them pivot into "we are your eternal allies in the war against the Muslim world," which was great for them while it looked like we were winning, and has left them in a bit of an awkward position now that we have admitted that was a total bust.

some of the reason Israel is going off crazier than usual is that over the last fifteen years American Jews have gone from unconditionally supporting Israel to being a lot more lukewarm on the subject. this has taken support for Israel from "absolutely mandatory" to "you can get away with saying sometimes they do bad things" in Democratic circles. all the military/industrial complex ties and a very well-funded Israel lobby are enough to keep Democrats firmly supportive of them, but as the continued existence of Ilhan Omar demonstrates, it is now possible to not say they get a blank check for everything forever.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Taco Duck posted:

same reason american ones do

"you guys are living the dream: a state based on putting the racially impure into ghettoes and bombing them every time you get bored"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Americans support Israel because Israel is the American frontier and Palestinians are the Indians who need to be moved to smaller and smaller reservations and every American understands this relationship in their bones.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

its so modi can rob them blind while they hate muslims

they were pro israel when the socdem government was making their bank accounts grow fat in the mid 2000s. A lot of it is muslim bashing - a lot of it is reflexive hatred of nehru because he made the indian establishment pro palestine.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Gripweed posted:

shut up bitch

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1710702924836331770

Same sentiment, except Israel didn’t lift the boot at all.

shifted the weight on the boot for a moment and are unpleasantly surprised the guy stood up

evidently almost all of the IDF is currently loving around in the West Bank protecting settlers doing poo poo over there, out of the assumption nothing was coming out of Gaza any time soon

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

As one of the last surviving settler states in Asia, Israel is a laboratory of colonialism for the First World. They're constantly innovating new research and technologies to repress an unruly class of wretched surplus. The police in the United States are trained and armed by Israel.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
There is also just a large chunk of Indians who for lack of a better word are cucked by colonialism and still believe in white supremacy/colonial mindset, as they represent the top of the top of the caste system. You will seem them become shock/foot troops for whatever white supremacist/global north society will exist during climate collapse, just so they can have an approximate closeness to whiteness.

Also, guess Israel is bulldozing that police station:

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1710736189366386756

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1710738915395514747

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Israel will never bomb their own residential areas, so they may not actually need to "fortify." Turning Israeli settlements into war zones is already a massive defensive advantage. The attack achieved such a massive surprise that people couldn't escape their own homes. If the IDF starts blasting away at suburban Israel, it'll be a political disaster.

allegedly they are willing to break out the bulldozers in settlements already
https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1710737189145833559

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

I'm in one of those "I've waited too long and now I'm afraid to ask" situations. Can someone explain why exactly the US is so far up the rear end of Israel and defends and supports all their bullshit so uniformly and in lockstep? I have my theories and things I've heard but none of it seems to add up to the sheer brick wall of support for Israel from the US government.

israel is a breakaway white supremacist settler state in land the europeans would very much like to be in control of, in the same way the united states was for north america

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
so did netanyahu die or what

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Tankbuster posted:

they were pro israel when the socdem government was making their bank accounts grow fat in the mid 2000s. A lot of it is muslim bashing - a lot of it is reflexive hatred of nehru because he made the indian establishment pro palestine.

Mildly left government creates a middle class, they all turn right wing the second they get theirs. Same old story in Brazil, America or even Israel.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm still waiting for a statement from Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar. Not that it matters that much, but I'm curious what the limits of acceptable mainstream political opinion are.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Centrist Committee posted:

so did netanyahu die or what

nothing good happens in Israel

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

*After a bunch of settlers get whacked* "Well, I warned them to flee! They made an active decision. BIBI!" *click*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

allegedly they are willing to break out the bulldozers in settlements already
https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1710737189145833559

Bulldozing a police station with no cops inside? Wake me up when they knock over a house with a whole family in the panic room.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Lpzie posted:

any word from gal gadot?

she’s been called back up to fight

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Death By The Blues posted:

There is also just a large chunk of Indians who for lack of a better word are cucked by colonialism and still believe in white supremacy/colonial mindset, as they represent the top of the top of the caste system. You will seem them become shock/foot troops for whatever white supremacist/global north society will exist during climate collapse, just so they can have an approximate closeness to whiteness.

Indian nationalists and communists were disproportionately from the upper castes lmao. These people posting this are right wing indians who specifically wanted to trade out the british colonial yoke for the american neocolonial one. A lot of them just have their brains warped by their thought leaders who move to the united states and import some form of american culture war back home. You will see a lot of epic indian capitalists on x dot com while in real life liberal and leftist organizations help workers as part of building political power.

PawParole posted:

Mildly left government creates a middle class, they all turn right wing the second they get theirs. Same old story in Brazil, America or even Israel.

What got the indian bourgeoisie mad was post 2008 the indian government reverted to more state control of the economy and began investing in making more SEOs that would compete with private businesses. Hell the UPA governments were overthrown due to anticorruption protests the same as Lula's government.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Taco Duck posted:

racism and the desire to be white by stepping on the Other, OP

efb

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i hope hamas and 100% of its supporters use the correct rhetoric about this AT ALL TIMES or else i will be forced to withdraw my support [glows in liberal]

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The real number of Israeli deaths is gonna be shocking

https://twitter.com/Global_Mil_Info/status/1710742273191780430

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

for all the PFLP heads out there
https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1710743064753373541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqQUOYcJzds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1710734908665024959?t=9Xuv8bIpiz_UwxYFaNmj6A&s=19