Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

what's the consensus on Ys X -NORDICS-?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

pardon me, I of course meant the Imperial Picnicking Front

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
found out why people like Wazy so much:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

Team C has a very good dynamic

Theyre the best

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Junpei posted:

“Forgive me father, for I have sinned” and “I’m sorry Daddy, I’ve been bad” are basically the same thing when you think about it - Wazy Hemisphere, probably

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Theyre the best

im so mad that they went for, and actually pulled off, the [end of C ch II]Rufus Alberea Redemption Arc

Junpei posted:

i never got particularly attached to him but he's neat

e: shoutouts to Reverie for giving him a craft that works off his ats and whips rear end even if he's still trying to be a hybrid there

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 7, 2023

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Wazy sucked till he revealed that not only did he know he was the rear end in a top hat in his plot, but also that he has a burning heart of manliness of his own.

Azure Grinch reference
“And what happened, then? Well, in Crossbell they say – that Wazy's A character rating grew three ranks that day to SSS. And then – the true meaning of manliness came through, and Wazy found the strength of ten Kevins, plus two!” –How Wazy Stole the green haired Dominion slot!

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 7, 2023

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Woah, spoilers. Also, Wazy was cool even back in Zero and made the Garcia fight significantly easier by punching him a lot, which for some reason inflicts -50% speed.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
being punched in the head slows me down too

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

Woah, spoilers. Also, Wazy was cool even back in Zero and made the Garcia fight significantly easier by punching him a lot, which for some reason inflicts -50% speed.

i'll always appreciate his support craft more than his battle presence, it's like drawing a monopoly chance card that reads "win the entire fuckin battle gamer"

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

kirbysuperstar posted:

being punched in the head slows me down too

Sounds like a skill issue.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

MythosDragon posted:

Wazy sucked till he revealed that not only did he know he was the rear end in a top hat in his plot, but also that he has a burning heart of manliness of his own.

“And what happened, then? Well, in Crossbell they say – that Wazy's A character rating grew three ranks that day to SSS. And then – the true meaning of manliness came through, and Wazy found the strength of ten Kevins, plus two!” –How Wazy Stole the green haired Dominion slot!

Wazy owned from the moment he was introduced, all through Zero and even more in Azure.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

equipping a full party :suicide:

e: I say "full" but this is still only like half lmao

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 7, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Do you only get one chance to play Vantage Masters with everyone? I never beat Ash because of his bullshit master card, but that was ages ago :saddowns:

e: oh nice you can just go right to the card table & challenge anybody, crisis averted

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hwurmp posted:

equipping a full party :suicide:

e: I say "full" but this is still only like half lmao

it gets easier as the time chamber starts showering you in increasingly ridiculous rewards

as long as everyone's weapon/armor/speed/accuracy(for fighters) is up to date you can wing it early on with whatever crappy accessories or quartz you find

e:

Hwurmp posted:

Do you only get one chance to play Vantage Masters with everyone? I never beat Ash because of his bullshit master card, but that was ages ago :saddowns:

you can challenge them whenever in the corridor, the VM table also lets you pick any opponent you've unlocked.

e2: also protip you can find a random next-level weapon/armor upgrade for whoever's in your party as a random drop in the dungeon sometimes. it's not common enough to outfit everyone or be worth shooting for but it makes it worth changing up your party when you run through. it also stops at +3, after that you gottta pay out your rear end for all of em

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 7, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

a lotta yall still dont get it

mirror holders can use multiple Shuffle Scuffles on a single Void Spire

so if you have 1 Trial Key and 3 Dreamland Hills you can create 3 new Spires

Tonight's Shuffle Scuffle event is essentially a minting event for both Sealing Stones and Phantasmal Shards

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 7, 2023

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Did they really called "Shuffle Scuffle?"

Kale
May 14, 2010

Junpei posted:

I don't think the people in falcom are secretly fascists IMO they just occasionally don't think things through

Japan just has really different takes on rich and poor stuff. I mean being a rich stuck up bitch thats secretly misunderstood somehow for example is a staple character in moe/kawaii culture. It doesnt always translate the best in localizations though. It's also a bit of a culture of if you're on the outskirts of society somehow and not making it then you must have done something wrong and its your fault. On the other token theres plenty of stories in Japanese pop culture about discrimination and oppression of "the common people" and what not. I mean the villain faction of the first 2 trails in the sky games are more or less the nobles with the good apple ones of course just happening to be the ones you find in your party like Laura and Jusis

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Did they really called "Shuffle Scuffle?"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

It's also a bit of a culture of if you're on the outskirts of society somehow and not making it then you must have done something wrong and its your fault.
this is so foreign and different from american culture

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Wrex Ruckus posted:

what's the consensus on Ys X -NORDICS-?

I haven't had a chance to play it very much yet, I can say that it seems like they are trying to make it somewhat more difficult compared to other Ys games. I got to an early game boss where they really force you to parry attacks (some with not-so-obvious tells) or you get rendered into a piece of garbage within seconds. There hasn't been any enemy diversity in the first chapter of the game, but everything I've done so far has felt very tutorialish.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

holy moly how do I make money in Cold Steel 1, im loving broke all the time!!! I have 4 new party members to upgrade in Chapter 2!!!

frajaq fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 7, 2023

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

frajaq posted:

holy moly how do I make money in Cold Steel 1, im loving broke all the time!!! I have 4 new party members to upgrade in Chapter 2!!!

Eggggggggsss

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Specifically Elliot can make Warm Egg Soup which will sell for more than the materials required cost.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

his exact intonation of "hope this turns out okay" is seared into my brain

Kale
May 14, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Specifically Elliot can make Warm Egg Soup which will sell for more than the materials required cost.

The only problem being there's only so many moments in the game where he's actually available and in your party to use the Egg Loop.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be honest you really don't need to keep your whole party equipped at max.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Trails economy is weird lol.
Crossbell gives you the most money but it's also taunting you all game with end game accessories for 10% of the money you'll earn all games each.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Defense is basically a placebo so you can save a fortune by not buying junk armor.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

VHGS posted:

Defense is basically a placebo so you can save a fortune by not buying junk armor.

eh that can depend on a lot of factors, mostly what level you are

once damage and hp start getting nutty defense doesn't really matter but before then there's a place for it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In CS 1&2 depending on which version you're playing you can get a poo poo load of Zeram Powders/Capsules that were originally DLC, you can sell like half of those for more money than you'll ever need and keep the rest for emergencies.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

In CS 1&2 depending on which version you're playing you can get a poo poo load of Zeram Powders/Capsules that were originally DLC, you can sell like half of those for more money than you'll ever need and keep the rest for emergencies.

once again the youth of today are spoiled by government handouts, in my day we slaved away for hours in the omelet mines to buy that op jewelery

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Yinlock posted:

eh that can depend on a lot of factors, mostly what level you are

once damage and hp start getting nutty defense doesn't really matter but before then there's a place for it

Nah. Even in chapter 1, the boss is hitting for like 750 on normal (before str buff), and upgrading to armored vest reduces that by like 40. It just does not matter.

And then in chapter 2 you can buy the only armor in the game with speed.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

got my Crow figurine in the mail.
Choose the slow parcel shipping to save, so it took like 4-5 months to get here. I think he's an overrated character and a total jerk. But he was cheap and on sale.
In other figurine news, I threw in my pre-order for Fie.
Aiming to collect all the Legend of Heroes figurines that get released in the KOTOBUKIYA line.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

for a bit, I thought they were gonna reveal that Wazy was a girl

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

GateOfD posted:

They did set that up for some reason lmao. Anything else from 2011 would have too, which adds credence to it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GateOfD posted:

got my Crow figurine in the mail.
Choose the slow parcel shipping to save, so it took like 4-5 months to get here. I think he's an overrated character and a total jerk. But he was cheap and on sale.
In other figurine news, I threw in my pre-order for Fie.
Aiming to collect all the Legend of Heroes figurines that get released in the KOTOBUKIYA line.

I have the Altina figure.

At some point when I have more discretionary income, I'm going to try and get the Rixia, Renne and Fie ones.

I also saw that there's going to be a Tio and an :siren: Estelle :siren: figure eventually.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Tbh I’m still like 50/50 on whether Wazy is just gay as heck or gay as heck and also transmasc.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
tbh with every flirty man in this series (Olivier/Olivert, Wazy, etc.) I'm legit unsure if Falcom writes them as bisexuals or merely "straight but flirts with dudes to get funny reactions out of them".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean those characters also flirt with women to get reactions out of them.