Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
Convenient reminder that the deli in the back often has sammiches. A bunch of my costcos have 4 or 5 pack of turkey/croissants for :10bux:, there's also a whole sammich + half cesar salad also for the same price. A top tier lunch. For most of the weekday, going into the store, all the way to the back, and checking out is faster than waiting in the hecking foodcourt line.

Can't get an $1.50 ALL BEEF hotdog and drink (with refill) back there tho

e: one page away from :69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Anne Whateley posted:

I wish they had hot-smoked salmon. How do you have 5 varieties of cold-smoked salmon and none of hot!!!

Just buy a smoker and make your own with the Costco steelhead slides. I've made hot smoked fish a lot and I can't go back to the prepackaged stuff.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I would absolutely be smoking all manner of foods 24/7 if I didn’t live in an NYC apartment with no outdoor space

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chinatown posted:

bring back teh turkey pesto sandwich u absolute fuckin COWARDS
my local CossGo got rid of the chicken wings and im still upset about it

they still have tendies and poutine tho.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I think sales are usually valid in both. You'll just possibly end up paying more online because they charge for shipping either directly or indirectly with a higher price but you still get the discount.

Yeah I rang up and it ended up being £30 cheaper in store than online, and included £70 off at checkout. Absolute steal

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My Costco also literally does have hot smoked salmon. The Honey Smoked Fish brand.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone try these Costco chicken nugs that supposedly taste as good as Chic-fil-A?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

pencilhands posted:

I was just watching cart narc and realized something weird. I almost never see misplaced shopping carts at costco. Do they have really quick cart pushers? Is the clientele of a higher class than your average grocery store?

I’ve noticed the same. IMO, it’s a few factors:

• Multiple staff seemingly dedicated to cart wrangling.
  • The cart width might discourage just leaving them between cars.
  • Costco seems to have more cart corrals, better enabling people to do the right thing.
  • Folks will dispatch passengers from their vehicle to “take care of” someone’s cart so that the driver can take their parking space.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Kaddish posted:

Anyone try these Costco chicken nugs that supposedly taste as good as Chic-fil-A?

That's your benchmark? Homophobe fast-food that soaks their chicken in pickle juice?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

That's your benchmark? Homophobe fast-food that soaks their chicken in pickle juice?

I mean it works - I dont know what the gay bashing has to do with the way the nuggies taste but you do you.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

Yes. Though I think it's more to do with the pickle juice than homophobia tbh.

Evidently these:

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/just-bare-lightly-breaded-chicken-breast-chunks%2c-boneless-skinless%2c-4-lbs.product.100383733.html

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

schreibs posted:

I mean it works - I dont know what the gay bashing has to do with the way the nuggies taste but you do you.

You know how you can taste the love? You can also taste the hate.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I tried out those Rocky chicken tendies that were on sale last month and they're pretty decent. Not overly greasy or salty imo.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

soaks their chicken in pickle juice

you have blown my mind with this it explains everything

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

You know how you can taste the love? You can also taste the hate.

I dont eat at Chick Fil A but I do know that soaking fried chicken in pickle juice is not just theirs. My local super market (HEB) has pickle juice nuggies in their frozen section. It legit tastes good so its been mimicked and copied by tons of others. I highly doubt Chick Fil A was the first to do this even just the most well known at the moment.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

yeah they invented brining poultry up at the chicken filet

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Brine ur pickle in chicken juice

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Kaddish posted:

The Just Bare nuggets are a staple in our freezer. Air fryer and Bachan's on them imo.

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!

bird with big dick posted:

Yep got a pretty good sear on it this time

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

oh my good god what the hell happened here? Title wasn't kidding.

also brining in pickle juice is something I can attest to. If you're frying chicken, you have to do it. It's now mandatory for me.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Cart corral chat:
I think it also has something to do with Costco corrals not being trashed, rusted pieces of crap. I will always put my cart in a corral no matter what, but it's just a more pleasant experience when I walk up to Costco corral.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I tried out those Rocky chicken tendies that were on sale last month and they're pretty decent. Not overly greasy or salty imo.

Just finished a bag of these. The only mark I have against them is their breading is on the sweeter side and they sort of smell like maple syrup when baking.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The only things I don't like about the carts is that the kid shelf is like a half inch too narrow to comfortably rest a slice, and when returning it to the corral it's like three inches too long for me to comfortably reach over it to grab the handle of the cart I'm penetrating with mine - to prevent it from rolling away. Also I got one with a squeaky wheel today.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Soul Dentist posted:

The only things I don't like about the carts is that the kid shelf is like a half inch too narrow to comfortably rest a slice, and when returning it to the corral it's like three inches too long for me to comfortably reach over it to grab the handle of the cart I'm penetrating with mine - to prevent it from rolling away. Also I got one with a squeaky wheel today.

The pizza sits in your mouth while you're running around, like the asian toast lady

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Kaddish posted:

They're pretty bad, weird mealy texture. The Just Bare ones however are incredible and have completely replaced urge to buy the LGBTQ-phobic ones.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Just get the dino nugs and give in to your inner 3 year old

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

binge crotching posted:

Just get the dino nugs and give in to your inner 3 year old

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Horn posted:

They're pretty bad, weird mealy texture. The Just Bare ones however are incredible and have completely replaced urge to buy the LGBTQ-phobic ones.

That sucks to hear, I just got a bag to try. Usually get the just bare ones.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

The best fried chicken at the co is the bibigo Korean fried chicken, with or without the sauce

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Soul Dentist posted:

Why would you want to put your food where child butts go.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Phat Phingers posted:

oh my good god what the hell happened here? Title wasn't kidding.

also brining in pickle juice is something I can attest to. If you're frying chicken, you have to do it. It's now mandatory for me.

I brined that steak in pickle juice at this threads recommendation.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
BTW, Costco sells a box of these microwavable pouches of "Mardas Lentils", theoretically it is supposed to be some Indian food, but to me it just tastes like mild chili with beans. It's so savory that it's honestly fooling me into thinking there's beef in it, and I'm the one who instantly catches when vegan bastards try to trick me with fake meat at a BBQ. There's cream in it so it isn't full vegan if anyone cares. Anyway, just a pleasant surprise from the stuff I picked up.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
It's thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and they had the massive pumpkin pies available for $7, worth a try!

And yeah it was pretty underwhelming like the majority have mentioned... not bad, not great, edible is all I can say, definitely needs whipped cream or ice cream to go with it.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Zero VGS posted:

BTW, Costco sells a box of these microwavable pouches of "Mardas Lentils", theoretically it is supposed to be some Indian food, but to me it just tastes like mild chili with beans. It's so savory that it's honestly fooling me into thinking there's beef in it, and I'm the one who instantly catches when vegan bastards try to trick me with fake meat at a BBQ. There's cream in it so it isn't full vegan if anyone cares. Anyway, just a pleasant surprise from the stuff I picked up.

I used to love those, but got sick of them lol

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

I'm the one who instantly catches when vegan bastards try to trick me with fake meat at a BBQ.

Does this happen to you a lot?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Grade Eh

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
well now I'm jealous

alas, that account is "parody and memes" so you may have been bamboozled here

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

love to see the 00's gbs posting voice alive and well in 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Who tf is Marda

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
chick fil a chicken nuggets are good (tasting) if theres competitors in business who arent as lovely then thats also good and worth bringing up. not sure what that persons problem is everyone knows whats up with chick fil a in 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

AKZ posted:

Does this happen to you a lot?

Used to yeah, I always had these hosed up vegan hipster acquaintances that would try to sneak seitan / soy hotdog / impossible burger at me thinking if I didn't notice it would be a "gotcha" to force me to convert, but I always noticed.

Anyway these lentils taste beefier than any of those without even trying or billing itself as such.

Soul Dentist posted:

Who tf is Marda

Meat is Marda

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 8, 2023