Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

are the guys on gliders considered airborne infantry

seems like a more successful use of airborne infantry than the Russians at Hostomel in any case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Atrocious Joe posted:

are the guys on gliders considered airborne infantry

seems like a more successful use of airborne infantry than the Russians at Hostomel in any case

They missed a trick by not playing ride of the Valkyries as they sputtered into battle

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Popy posted:

yo is this the guy people were dick riding

He made it pretty clear he was going to grovel before AIPAC back during his campaign.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the only good thing about Fetterman is his ogrish physicality. if he was a tiny old man he would not be of any distinction.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Does anyone think iran and other relevant countries will let the Taliban come in to help? I feel like it would be the best case scenario for Palestine (well that and other nations helping), but is it even realistic at all? I think if Israel gets busted up now while NATO is exhausted with Ukraine it could continue to allow yet more to break free.

If they do, it forms a pattern to me of the West's military control of the world crumbling/hitting an infection point.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Popy posted:

yo is this the guy people were dick riding

The people who work to get Democrats elected only to feel betrayed when they turn out to be Democrats are truly dumb.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thechosenone posted:

Does anyone think iran and other relevant countries will let the Taliban come in to help? I feel like it would be the best case scenario for Palestine, but is it even realistic at all?

what in tarnation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lobster shirt posted:

what in tarnation

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Honky Mao posted:

Dude gently caress Israel send in the Hamas supersoldiers

Quds News Network posted:

#AlAqsaFlood
(from t.me/QudsNen/81295, via tgsa)

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

thechosenone posted:

Does anyone think iran and other relevant countries will let the Taliban come in to help? I feel like it would be the best case scenario for Palestine (well that and other nations helping), but is it even realistic at all? I think if Israel gets busted up now while NATO is exhausted with Ukraine it could continue to allow yet more to break free.

If they do, it forms a pattern to me of the West's military control of the world crumbling/hitting an infection point.

I'm not a military expert but I think the supply lines would be difficult to maintain.

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

just gonna hop in my fuckin paraglider and drop munitions from a satchel. gonna WWI these fucks. goin' full Mario Cart on these motherfuckers

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

what in tarnation

The Taliban have allegedly stated they are asking for permission from the countries between them and if granted, will join in on this fight.

30.5 Days posted:

I'm not a military expert but I think the supply lines would be difficult to maintain.

Fair enough. This whole situation has always rankled me, what with Israel basically becoming not much different from nazi Germany. While I doubt the violence will end even with Palestinian victory, I'd refer that to Israel acting as another bastion of fascism.

thechosenone has issued a correction as of 23:12 on Oct 7, 2023

Morbus
May 18, 2004

RadiRoot posted:

progressive legislators

lol good one

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Reunification was a mistake we pay for every day

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/JeffSharlet/status/1710748352508244069

This guy is lib'd up but this is a good take imo

Idk. Israelis sounds weird. Palestinians sounds cool

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

come on man

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Has anyone said isntreal yet?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Doing the bombing run quest from hellfire peninsula on the occupiers.

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

thechosenone posted:

thechosenone posted:

The Taliban have allegedly stated they are asking for permission from the countries between them and if granted, will join in on this fight.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

what in tarnation

I think this is in relation to this from earlier

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

thechosenone posted:

their zeal is probably appreciated

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
Arab spring had a lot of movement of foreign fighters, though I think about zero percent chance Iraq lets Taliban cross due to US dollars. Syria/Iran, sure why not

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

I think this is in relation to this from earlier

most likely won't happen

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

Doing the bombing run quest from hellfire peninsula on the occupiers.

using my Goblin Glider (Engineering 350) to leap off a mountain and land within the central PVP tower and turn it red

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Has anyone said isntreal yet?

soon to be wasreal

speng31b
May 8, 2010

DarkSithLord posted:

most likely won't happen

well,

speng31b has issued a correction as of 17:51 on Oct 14, 2023

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

thechosenone posted:

Maybe Allah has different plans

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1710776117844439497

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I support the taliban in their endeavor

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Brogeoisie posted:

Arab spring had a lot of movement of foreign fighters, though I think about zero percent chance Iraq lets Taliban cross due to US dollars. Syria/Iran, sure why not

Iran is not exactly enthusiastic about Afghans crossing the border

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i hate living in portentous times

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Turns out that there was an all night rave or party near the border that was one of the first hit by the militants. The video of people running across an open field is from that rave. The dead woman being paraded around in the pickup has been linked to an Instagram account of someone at that rave with matching tattoos and dreadlock or braided hair. Another viral video of a woman being taken by motorcycle away from her boyfriend who is being held away by militants is also from that rave. This is just loving awful all around. I can't even imagine the psychological whiplash of going from a dance party to a warzone in a matter of a couple of hours, and then getting kidnapped and worse.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

solidarity w/ the brave partygoers at israeli burning man.... too terrible to even imagne................. u didnt deserve this..........

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The paragliders are amazing is that a new thing

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
if we used the earthquake machine they were probably already on the move

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist posted:

using my Goblin Glider (Engineering 350) to leap off a mountain and land within the central PVP tower and turn it red

*death grips you and casts obliterate*

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

being a bureaucrat in the Emirate of Afghanistan is less exciting than being a Taliban fighter so some of those guys mostly want out of the 9-5 grind

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

PhilippAchtel posted:

lol

Eat poo poo, whoever originally posted this

I wonder how they feel about bombing hospitals? Probably that it's ok as long as it happens to brown people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSithLord posted:

*death grips you and casts obliterate*

bur