Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

surely its cheaper to just buy a tent. or at least a tarp and some sticks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hbag posted:

surely its cheaper to just buy a tent. or at least a tarp and some sticks
Hell cave men didn't even need tarps.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vim Fuego posted:

I believe in the product. I wouldn't be here if I did. I'm advocating for the user experience because better sleep improves peoples lives, and with our smart connected mattresses it's a measurable improvement. I think we're shipping q2 24 at the latest. Just some kinks to work out- like right now if it loses connection it defaults to a deflated setting because the feedback loops cut out. But these things do work!

Sexual health is health. Our algorithm does automatically recognize those uses of the product, but recording and retention of that data subset is an optional user setting.

This is a little immature, even for GBS.

Not sure the lifestyle is suited to birds or mammals but I've considered a small fishtank or terrarium.

No. It's perfectly safe.

I'll sleep at my place, I'm not in the car full time although I'm considering it

It's chipped, it does burnouts just fine

This is one the funniest posts in forums history.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jose Oquendo posted:

This is one the funniest posts in forums history.

Okay I am lolling than god you posted this

Neckpain from your mattress deflating once it loses connection with the internet. The middle of the night. Imagine being on sleep meds and having this happen

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Songbearer posted:

I sleep in other people's cars, and by sleep in I mean steal, and by steal I mean gargle, and by cars I mean their big sweaty hairy musky testicles

thank you for your service, sir.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

sudonim posted:

I'm also starting to think this is a bit, I work in device firmware/software and this is like smart device 101. It's has to be smart enough without an Internet connection to do most of its functionality.

Then again givin how many lovely IoT products are out there it's possible this is real. The Juicero was real after all.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Okay I am lolling than god you posted this

Neckpain from your mattress deflating once it loses connection with the internet. The middle of the night. Imagine being on sleep meds and having this happen

Look. Obviously it's not that we can't design it to just sit at a static inflation level without a connection. That's trivial. But the point of differentiation from old dumb mattresses is that the inflation, firmness, and bolster levels are constantly monitored and adjusted by AI. That means it needs to phone home so a connection to a remote server is necessary. I've advocated as a UX issue that the default behavior should more closely replicate the normal mattress experience, but it's contentious because the higher-ups think people just won't connect in the first place if they don't have to. :shrug:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Vim Fuego posted:

Sexual health is health. Our algorithm does automatically recognize those uses of the product, but recording and retention of that data subset is an optional user setting.

"Smart Mattress Inc. is a Registered Sex Offender"

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Vim Fuego posted:

Look. Obviously it's not that we can't design it to just sit at a static inflation level without a connection. That's trivial. But the point of differentiation from old dumb mattresses is that the inflation, firmness, and bolster levels are constantly monitored and adjusted by AI. That means it needs to phone home so a connection to a remote server is necessary. I've advocated as a UX issue that the default behavior should more closely replicate the normal mattress experience, but it's contentious because the higher-ups think people just won't connect in the first place if they don't have to. :shrug:

Why the gently caress Do you people care if they connected or not? They bought the loving product.

I don't care if people smoke the weed I sell them because Im raking in the dough!!!!!!!

Like it's just such bullshit decadence of the text silicon Valley idiot that they literally are going to cause their customers physical pain if they don't use the product in the intended way. Like what the gently caress is wrong with all these startups. This is why they all loving fail. You have to follow all the rules or they torture you with coding. They spend more time jailing your rear end to their expected way of utilizing the product that they end up coming out with an inferior product and no one actually wants to use!!!!!!!

YOU FOOLS

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Vim Fuego posted:

surely its possible to code it so it doesnt loving deflate when it loses connection. like the radio waves from the router arent the force holding the valve closed. also who the gently caress wants to dedicate bandwidth to their bed

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
This thread loving rules

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Why the gently caress Do you people care if they connected or not? They bought the loving product.

they're planning on monetizing it by inserting subliminal patterns of pulses designed to stimulate your sleeping brain to think of different products, allowing them to sell ad space during people's dreams.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

is the deflating thing so inevitably when someone doesnt pay their monthly $5 snoozr subscription you can disable their mattress

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Has OP clarified what they do about using the bathroom on days they are sleeping in their car? Like, are they doing the pee in bottles thing, or what?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Has OP clarified what they do about using the bathroom on days they are sleeping in their car? Like, are they doing the pee in bottles thing, or what?

Perhaps they drilled a hole in the bottom of the trunk. Gotta pee? Just lie on your stomach, aim for the hole, or if the OP has a penis, just stick it in the hole, and go.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Jose Oquendo posted:

Perhaps they drilled a hole in the bottom of the trunk. Gotta pee? Just lie on your stomach, aim for the hole, or if the OP has a penis, just stick it in the hole, and go.

They are a goon, so this checks out.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Snoozero

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

Stop talking about your fake mattress company and tell us more about pretending to live in your car for funzies

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
At least Rime's lovely van life thread had cool pictures and he worked on wind turbines.

Dollar-store Rime over here, lol.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

This can't be real. Therefore, it is.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hi OP. I used to live in Silicon Valley, too. Few notes here from someone who left:

Go to a loving therapist and live inside your home.
You work for an imminently failing company, just from the description, so I'd recommend brushing up your resume and looking elsewhere.
Also if you have a 40 minute commute that's like, San Mateo to Mountain View no traffic, so I'm assuming you're counting traffic in. Drive yourself from San Jose to freaking Sunnyvale every day and back home. Shower and poo poo like a normal human and not at your Y-Combinator-backed thoughtleader's rent-a-office.

Also this absolutely reads like it's real. Go the gently caress home you Peter Pan weirdo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
beep boop

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Randy Travesty posted:

you Peter Pan weirdo.

A new and exciting insult?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

i live and post in one of these op

highly recommended!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dollar store rhine with a touch of dedication to a tech company specializing in IOTing your mattress

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Can your magic mattress tell how many times someone has farted and/or poo poo on it? These are important numbers.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

It should definitely be able to detect crusty spots and adjust the firmness accordingly. Perhaps the AI algorithm could be trained on exercising those crusty areas by inflating/deflating?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly climb into the trunk of my car to sleep."

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
..so how much do you actually make OP?

You're considering the cost of gas, it doesn't sound like alot.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

ninjoatse.cx posted:

..so how much do you actually make OP?

You're considering the cost of gas, it doesn't sound like alot.

OP believes in the product so much, he's actually an unpaid intern.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

How many hours a week do you work OP? If it’s 40-50 hours a week, then you’re complaining about a 1 hr commute each way every day, so what. If you’re working 70-80 hours a week, then maybe sleeping in your car makes sense. However, if you were pulling heavy hours you should be getting paid handsomely and therefore able to piss $500 a month for gas.

Also if you’re a loving bed programmer :lol::lol::lol: that seems like something you could do remote at least partially. You don’t need to lay in the bed to program whatever the gently caress AI hyper algo bed adjustment skynet you claim will improve peoples sleep.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Tnuctip posted:

How many hours a week do you work OP? If it’s 40-50 hours a week, then you’re complaining about a 1 hr commute each way every day, so what.

an hour commute each way is a horrendous way to live regardless of how many hours you work. 10 hours per week, unpaid, just driving in lovely traffic to and from your job. i'd never live like that.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

since i got my wfh gig i havent had to drive to work in months. man it loving rules let me tell you.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

I believe in the product. I wouldn't be here if I did. I'm advocating for the user experience because better sleep improves peoples lives, and with our smart connected mattresses it's a measurable improvement. I think we're shipping q2 24 at the latest. Just some kinks to work out- like right now if it loses connection it defaults to a deflated setting because the feedback loops cut out. But these things do work!

Alright, no.

I'll swallow a lot, but I do not believe that anyone is making a mattress that stops being a mattress if it's not constantly online.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i found out that i can sleep on the floor FOR FREE and it’s better for the back

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

Yeah, but the floor has no achievements or DLCs.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

pro starcraft loser posted:

Initial D epressing

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bad Purchase posted:

One weird trick the SmartBed tycoons DON'T want you to know about

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

R.L. Stine posted:

you should use your mattress app to detect when your wife is cheating on you, nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

"isn't your husband gonna be coming home soon"
"yeah about that..."