Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

abigail, haley, elliot and sebastian are all top tier marriage candidates. i dont really bother with anyone else.. but i like shanes friendship events a lot. anyway you play stardew valley to make your farm look pretty and slowly fill out the town hall and befriend everyone and not care about the evaluation and you have a good time. i should start another farm soon :cabot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

An Actual Princess posted:

started playing this game a little less than a year ago, which means 1/7th or so of all total hours have been spent with this game

Makes me think of the time in college I was hanging out with a friend who was playing FFX-2 like two days after release and defended having twelve hours in it with "that's only like 1/4th of the hours since I got it"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Paladinus posted:

On the other hand, I never do 'evil' playthroughs

missing out

https://i.imgur.com/dX0Bad4.mp4

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Relax by playing with a cat IRL.

seconding the wicked zoga's recommendation to go touch some pussy

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

lmao i did that completely by accident in my game and assumed it was just meant to happen like that for comedy reasons

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Relax by playing with a cat IRL.

counter argument: kittens

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Antivehicular posted:

Makes me think of the time in college I was hanging out with a friend who was playing FFX-2 like two days after release and defended having twelve hours in it with "that's only like 1/4th of the hours since I got it"

They were right

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i hope the slime rancher 2 update is soon

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Farg posted:

I can't wrapy head around tactical nexus despite having played a bit. What is it, what's the scope, what's the progression, what's the goal?

resource management rpg puzzles. each tower is a self contained thing where you have to kill enemies and level up to get stats to kill stronger enemies and get to the end, but you're scored on your health + level at the end so you have to do it in the most optimal way to maximize your health and stats. there's also metaprogression with like the higher scores you get, you're awarded "sunstones" that you can spend on other towers that increase your stats or let you buy items at the start to increase your scores even further, since having way more stats might let you make a more efficient path through the tower etc

it's a bunch of math and optimization puzzles and i can't get enough of it. if "math" and "optimization puzzle" sounds remotely interesting to anyone i 100% recommend you try the demo, you will know very quickly if you'll bounce off entirely or whether you'll sink the next thousand hours into it

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

lol but jesus christ the turnip scene when NH first came out was insane

I had one day early on where the turnip price on my island was in the 400s, I posted an invite code here and in some FB group and within a few hours my mortgage and infrastructure upgrades were all paid for and I had, like, tens of millions of bells that people had left as tips

A few hours of letting strangers see how lame my island was and I never had to worry about money again

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 8, 2023

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Finished PoE and released the souls to the Hollowborn.

my compruter cannot handle BG3. so I bought Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous on the Switch as an interim measure.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

WotR is good, but you should also play PoE2 imo. Improves on the first in pretty much every way.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RTWP is fail and the turn based mode in POE2 is bad imo.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

*flexes* 1000 hours in Super Monday Night Combat.
What? Nobody else played that?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wrath of the Righteous was probably the best example to point to for game reactivity prior to BG3.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

pentyne posted:

Wrath of the Righteous was probably the best example to point to for game reactivity prior to BG3.

This is Alpha Protocol erasure.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
i will never part with my physical copy of alpha protocol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Co op vampire survivors is a transcendent experience.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Paladinus posted:

I don't think you'll have a lot else left to do on the second playthrough. Mine was 175 hours, and I pretty much completed all side-quests, I'm pretty sure. On the other hand, I never do 'evil' playthroughs, so I'm just not super interested in getting the Drow lady instead of Halsin or playing as a Bhaal's Chosen.

Minthara is the 2nd best character after Lae'zel dude. Hella worth brother.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

B33rChiller posted:

*flexes* 1000 hours in Super Monday Night Combat.
What? Nobody else played that?

Game was fun

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
playing stalker

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

playing stalker

which

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
shadow of Chernobyl

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
never ask somehow how they play stalker... people get mad as hell over it lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol they do

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i wont though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Ironman autosaves only your gun is empty trash when the clip is empty style is how I played last time and I got stuck in a situation where I have to one tap 9 guys with the shittiest pistol. Kicks rear end though, best single player shooter since Quake.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Ironman autosaves only your gun is empty trash when the clip is empty style is how I played last time and I got stuck in a situation where I have to one tap 9 guys with the shittiest pistol. Kicks rear end though, best single player shooter since Quake.

it rules

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im playing as close to vanilla as possible downloaded some patches to make the game more stable and thats it

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Marcade posted:

Playtime would've been over

It kind of did. I accidentally left the dog in the chicken house with the chickens without replenishing the food on a rainy day and it mad them all terminally ill. I could've used medicine except the shops were closed due to some holiday or something. The game pulled some safety trigger to save the dog, but all the chickens died and I was demoralized.

That DICK! posted:

but ive been watching some dork play BG1 and 2 for three freaking weeks cause you all said 3 was so great! had to know the lore! the guy wont say "drat" and tried to bang the widow but bungled it!

Skill issue

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i was playing vice city for a while but i might switch over to stardew now

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im playing as close to vanilla as possible downloaded some patches to make the game more stable and thats it

vanilla... is good

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

i was playing vice city for a while but i might switch over to stardew now

Read this to paradise city and got so mad at you when the last word wasn’t valley

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Nuns with Guns posted:

It kind of did. I accidentally left the dog in the chicken house with the chickens without replenishing the food on a rainy day and it mad them all terminally ill. I could've used medicine except the shops were closed due to some holiday or something. The game pulled some safety trigger to save the dog, but all the chickens died and I was demoralized.

Took me way too long to realize you werent quoting a legend

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Still haven’t played the Stalker games

The Postman
May 12, 2007

apparently i own them all, but i've never touched them

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

ecologist run with no mutant spawns, it's like being a war tourist.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i don't know if coral island once done will match the chillness of stardew valley although it has way more focus on romance and you can date merpeople

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzsSjEnL0wk

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Still haven’t played the Stalker games

They all blend together in my head because I played them back to back, but they're really cool, janky weird fps that kick rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Postman posted:

apparently i own them all, but i've never touched them

Yeah I bought the bundle on steam sale a while back

sourdough posted:

They all blend together in my head because I played them back to back, but they're really cool, janky weird fps that kick rear end

I’ll definitely get around to them sometime. Hell, maybe soon…