Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
lol at that edit history https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Laphonza_Butler&action=history&offset=&limit=500

didn't exist until two months ago, like 10 edits since then, then zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

lol at that edit history https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Laphonza_Butler&action=history&offset=&limit=500

didn't exist until two months ago, like 10 edits since then, then zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Are the edits false? Genuine question.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

So she turned from president of a union to advising Uber on how to gently caress workers to working for AirBNB-- a company that is at the core of the current housing crisis?

That's an eventful 7 years!

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

jokes posted:

So she turned from president of a union to advising Uber on how to gently caress workers to working for AirBNB-- a company that is at the core of the current housing crisis?

That's an eventful 7 years!

Nothing says soulless bastard quite like making a seamless transition from SEIU to Uber+AirBNB. :patriot:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

predicto posted:

Are the edits false? Genuine question.

idk, i meant it more about how much of an unknown she was until just now

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Why did Newsom promise to appoint a black woman to the seat? It's not like Biden's situation in the 2020 national primary where he directly owed his win to Clyburn and black voters in SC.

It just seems like an unnecessary constraint.

Zwabu fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 2, 2023

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Zwabu posted:

Why did Newsom promise to appoint a black woman to the seat? It's not like Biden's situation in the 2016 national primary where he directly owed his win to Clyburn and black voters in SC.

Considering how quickly he appointed someone, maybe he had her in mind all along? Maybe he owed her a huge political favor?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Zwabu posted:

Why did Newsom promise to appoint a black woman to the seat? It's not like Biden's situation in the 2016 national primary where he directly owed his win to Clyburn and black voters in SC.

from what I remember, it’s because he didn’t appoint one to replace kamala harris and it really made people mad

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

VorpalBunny posted:

Considering how quickly he appointed someone, maybe he had her in mind all along? Maybe he owed her a huge political favor?

Is that not obvious

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Zwabu posted:

It's not like Biden's situation in the 2016 national primary where he directly owed his win to Clyburn and black voters in SC.

You mean 2020 right?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

America Inc. posted:

You mean 2020 right?

Yeah that's what I meant.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Zwabu posted:

Why did Newsom promise to appoint a black woman to the seat? It's not like Biden's situation in the 2020 national primary where he directly owed his win to Clyburn and black voters in SC.

Yeah it’s better not to promise anything to black people unless you really owe them one

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Zwabu posted:

The appointee doesn't hugely matter and is mostly optics. Butler's main job is to be a caretaker senator, vote the party line, and then not run in either the special election or the next full election. Appointed senator that has never won an election isn't a role where you are sponsoring new sweeping legislation

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The woman Gavbot appointed? Has lived in Maryland since 2021. Newsom claims she still owns property in California, and I'm sure she will by the end of this week.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

She probably started shopping for a home base in Maryland just outside of DC as soon as Gavin promised her the seat. Feinstein apparently survived long enough that Feinstein wanted back into the capitol building, defying predictions she'd pass away in 2022

When did Gavin announce the black female thing? Probably two days before the ink dried on that Maryland estate outside of DC.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Newsom announced he would appoint a black woman to replace Feinstein if she were to die back in January 2021, she seems to have moved from LA to Maryland sometime around September 2021 when she was named president of Emily's list

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah that tracks

I'm sure she'll be closing on a studio condo in LA to meet some bare minimum residency requirement with the media

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
From what the news has said so far, it sounds like she leased out her former LA home, didn't sell it, and is going to move back in.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

what exactly does gavin owe her for? for helping with kamala's campaign? for helping uber and airbnb?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Consider Gavins owners.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Cactus Ghost posted:

what exactly does gavin owe her for? for helping with kamala's campaign? for helping uber and airbnb?

She’s a one year seatwarmer. I don’t think there’s much more to it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Cactus Ghost posted:

she was part of his consulting firm. i dont think it's so much about what newsom owes her as much as it's her just being a pliable piece in his soulless orbit.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Also Emily's List is a decently important power broker in the Democratic party, so it's doing favors for people who might be important for a 2028 presidential run

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

fermun posted:

From what the news has said so far, it sounds like she leased out her former LA home, didn't sell it, and is going to move back in.

Of course she's a landlord

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

jokes posted:

Of course she's a landlord

Will love to hear from whatever family she's going to kick out on the street.

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I wish I took a screenshot of this but I was looking for an apartment today and I found an ad on craigslist advertising free rent in exchange for sex. All you need to be a little Epstein is the ability to grant something that other people desperately need in exchange for whatever you want, no matter how personal, or off limits.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

usually people take you on a few dates before making that offer

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

LuxuryLarva posted:

I wish I took a screenshot of this but I was looking for an apartment today and I found an ad on craigslist advertising free rent in exchange for sex. All you need to be a little Epstein is the ability to grant something that other people desperately need in exchange for whatever you want, no matter how personal, or off limits.

So how's the place?

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
The rent's pretty cheap!

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

There were lots of people lined up to pay respects to Dianne Feinstein. The line circled most of the way around City Hall. Kind of surprising given that she has been a walking corpse for the past few years.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

LuxuryLarva posted:

what's weird is you dont just see those in sf anymore, they pop up almost anywhere

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Housing got too expensive for the normal workaday perverts in SF, they had to move out of Commiefornia at last.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

predicto posted:

There were lots of people lined up to pay respects to Dianne Feinstein. The line circled most of the way around City Hall. Kind of surprising given that she has been a walking corpse for the past few years.

She was around a very long time before that, especially in SF though.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Gavbot vetoed the mushroom bill. Dude sucks.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

He vetoed the anti-caste-discrimination bill, too.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

the mushroom one i get because god forbid we decriminalize anything, but the anti caste discrimination bill criminalizes something, that should be his jam

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Caste discrimination bill is a hindu vote loser

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

do they know gavin's never gonna let them be white

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Caste discrimination bill is a hindu vote loser

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Gavin thinking he might be president one day loving us so badly rn

The kind of Indian more likely to migrate to the US, and especially the kind of Indian American likely to be of higher SES and thus more active in politics are more likely to be higher-caste basically.

It's kinda bleakly funny because Indian-Americans are otherwise pretty liberal as a bloc. I know personally know someone who works in Tech DEI, uses "BIPOC", "LATINX", big on land acknowledgements, etc. who was cheering this bill not being signed today. Prevented "Western cultural norms" from being imposed, you see.