Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

Plant MONSTER. posted:

We got a diagnosis. Bad news is that it's not something that can be cured but rather it's something to be managed. We're doing a different course of medicines now. He's still fighting and even started making a few flock calls now and then. Hearing his little voice fills me with joy and hope. Still, he's having some very rough patches with a particularly bad scare this morning. I love him so much.

Poor little fella.
It's so very hard when our pets reach this stage.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
This Sir Reginald. He like blueberries. He is our last gerbil baby. His brother, Hamilton, passed about a week ago. He had the cancer and it was so awful to watch him succumb to it. His little belly was all tumors and we didn't know what to do about it. Wife had talked to the vet about it but there isn't a while lot of chemo options for gerbils. Fucken sucks, man.
We had two other gerbils as well. Oliver and Lady, both girls. The both passed within weeks of each other and we think they had some sort of respiratory thing going on which promoted us to switch to different bedding that doesn't produce as much dusty bits.
I have one video of Hamilton when they were just brand new babies that you all need to watch. I have to go digging through files to find it. It's pretty funny.

When our other gerbils and our OG Beagle Rufus, passed, my wife was so worried that she hadn't done enough for them. I had to remind her how many times we ate ramen or some other cheap poo poo so we could get their meds or afford tests or just be there for them to let them be the animal they are in safe and warm home. I remember having to hide Rufus's pills in thise pill pocket treats but, He got smart and would eat around the pill so we would wrap the pocket in salami. That worked for a few days then we had to add another layer of meat lmao. We lost quite a few pills thinking he had taken them. I miss that fucken dog, man. Rufus would sleep in our bed with us at our heads. Usually behind my wife's pillow. We were in bed one night,lights out bout to fall asleep when we both hear a very distinct cronch sound coming from where he was sleeping. This Damm Beagle hid a slice of toast under the pillow and decided to have a midnight toast snack.

I'm sorry your buddy isnt doing so well, plant monster, but I am glad to hear that you've got a treatment option for him. All these babies are worth every medical bill and ER visit and everything else under the sun. Here's hoping all goes well for you guys :lovebird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svdKzSxii0s

thank you RavenousScoot 🤘🐹

xcheopis

AdvilSmith posted:

This Sir Reginald. He like blueberries. He is our last gerbil baby. His brother, Hamilton, passed about a week ago. He had the cancer and it was so awful to watch him succumb to it. His little belly was all tumors and we didn't know what to do about it. Wife had talked to the vet about it but there isn't a while lot of chemo options for gerbils. Fucken sucks, man.
We had two other gerbils as well. Oliver and Lady, both girls. The both passed within weeks of each other and we think they had some sort of respiratory thing going on which promoted us to switch to different bedding that doesn't produce as much dusty bits.
I have one video of Hamilton when they were just brand new babies that you all need to watch. I have to go digging through files to find it. It's pretty funny.

When our other gerbils and our OG Beagle Rufus, passed, my wife was so worried that she hadn't done enough for them. I had to remind her how many times we ate ramen or some other cheap poo poo so we could get their meds or afford tests or just be there for them to let them be the animal they are in safe and warm home. I remember having to hide Rufus's pills in thise pill pocket treats but, He got smart and would eat around the pill so we would wrap the pocket in salami. That worked for a few days then we had to add another layer of meat lmao. We lost quite a few pills thinking he had taken them. I miss that fucken dog, man. Rufus would sleep in our bed with us at our heads. Usually behind my wife's pillow. We were in bed one night,lights out bout to fall asleep when we both hear a very distinct cronch sound coming from where he was sleeping. This Damm Beagle hid a slice of toast under the pillow and decided to have a midnight toast snack.

I'm sorry your buddy isnt doing so well, plant monster, but I am glad to hear that you've got a treatment option for him. All these babies are worth every medical bill and ER visit and everything else under the sun. Here's hoping all goes well for you guys :lovebird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svdKzSxii0s

Reginald is a small handsome fellow :3:
lol Rufus
Losing a pet, big or small, just sucks. :sympathy:

Farecoal

There he go

GATOS Y VATOS

Nice gecko

Farecoal

There he go

My phone camera sometimes makes small videos when I take a picture ("Top Shots") and it's a pain to edit them. Finally remembered to turn them off afterwards

Manifisto

:kimchi:

ty nesamdoom!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Does your dog also need their own beach towel?

'cause Ema does. If she doesn't have one of her own she will steal mine and rub all over it after coming out of the water.

Ass-penny

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Saoshyant posted:

Does your dog also need their own beach towel?

'cause Ema does. If she doesn't have one of her own she will steal mine and rub all over it after coming out of the water.

Oh she's cute!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
laundry day

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

even in repose he manages 2 get itchy. smh

Farecoal

There he go

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Areola Grande

his full nickname is Scudro Budro Wilson

AKA Bosco

this genteel old silver fox just enjoyed a refreshing shower. he is single and ready 2 mingle

Areola Grande

this could be good av material next time there's a new breakfast baconator or whatever :hellyeah:

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust

curious steve

Areola Grande

there's a hosed up lil fox on my newly laundered bedclothes

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Here's Pesto in a warm-bottle tent to keep him toasty.

Yesterday was the day I thought for sure I was going to lose him but he's clinging on still. We also went to the roof of the building (with the building manager guy's permission) to feel the warm sun and the nice breeze and basking in the sun helped him out a bit. He's regained balance and can perch. He's underweight but I see him starting to snack a bit. Waiting for more anti-inflammatory meds to arrive.

Ass-penny

I'm glad Pesto is still hanging in there. I stayed home today because my back is killing me. glad too because the neighbor is cutting down a dead tree and Wumbus was pretty nervous about the chainsaw at first. she has calmed down.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
that strrreeeetttchhh

mr. B needs a haircut

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
Ozymandias thought he would read a book while we're at work the other day. And by read I mean eat.

The book was Gideon the Ninth for those curious.

Also want to say that there are fine looking animals here in bYob. And I'm glad to see Pesto is doing alright.

thank you RavenousScoot 🤘🐹

Farecoal

There he go

xcheopis

Everyone's pets are so awesome and cool and cute.
I still miss having kitties but it's not a good time at all, so I get my fix at the Cat Cafe.

xcheopis

Would quite like to see rodent pets posted, too, since female Golden Syrian hamsters are my sisters in spirit.

Mederlock

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it

xcheopis posted:

Would quite like to see rodent pets posted, too, since female Golden Syrian hamsters are my sisters in spirit.

He ain't a rodent but how about my wife's hedgehog, Theo?

He's super cuddly and likes nestling into your hands or chilling in a small toque on your lap, he'll sploot out and spread his whole body out for maximal heat transfer

FutonForensic

cute lil rascal

Areola Grande

FutonForensic posted:

cute lil rascal

:five: :kimchi:

Areola Grande

there's a fine line between rodent and rascal

xcheopis

Mederlock posted:

He's super cuddly and likes nestling into your hands or chilling in a small toque on your lap, he'll sploot out and spread his whole body out for maximal heat transfer

eeeeeeee!!! :kimchi:

Areola Grande

I've got a soft spot for tiny friends :)

xcheopis

Areola Grande posted:

I've got a soft spot for tiny friends :)

Yes. :3:

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

xcheopis

Oooo, lovely!

Farecoal

There he go

Mederlock posted:

Hog!! :kimchi:

Ass-penny

nice variety of beautiful babies on this page! I took this picture of Wumbus last night and she's so precious I could cry

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
hangeing out

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

nice variety of beautiful babies on this page! I took this picture of Wumbus last night and she's so precious I could cry

I know this feeling so very well. :3:

w4ddl3d33 posted:

hangeing out

Just chilling :yayclod:

Plant MONSTER.

Just letting everyone know that Pesto passed away in hands yesterday morning after struggling with an illness since August.

He is now buried next to his old love, Mayo.

I'm finding this grieving process rather complicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS

Oh I'm so sorry. Pesto was just wonderful. Little Friends always live in our hearts.