Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

bawfuls posted:

Love me some Dodger hating playoff posters

Hi, I don't think I've posted in a baseball thread since Kirk Gibson managed the Diamondbacks.

(ahem)

gently caress the Dodgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

On the bright side I’m watching the rest of this shitshow from here with a top deck ticket

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

You know the crowd is heartbroken when they can’t even sing along to Stevie Nicks

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Max Muncy is “a poor man’s Kyle Schwarber” lol drat Bob

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

They are showing the replay of the 2013 NLDS game 4 on the video board here

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

Max Muncy is “a poor man’s Kyle Schwarber” lol drat Bob
I take offense to that on Max’s behalf, he’s a better hitter and defender than Shwarbs

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

bawfuls posted:

They are showing the replay of the 2013 NLDS game 4 on the video board here

lmao did your avatar buyer just update it

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spending $20 on an avatar to explain my very funny joke

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

If Kershaw is such a joke and awful person you’d think the haters would want to leave me branded with him next to all my posts

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
This ump is ready to go home.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Gadzuko posted:

lmao did your avatar buyer just update it

:lmao:

For the Dodgers, at least this is only game 1 and getting demolished this early means you don't have to worry about whether you'll win this game anymore.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Corbin Carroll does a very Ned Flanders-esque rear end wiggle before each pitch

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Squall posted:

:lmao:

For the Dodgers, at least this is only game 1 and getting demolished this early means you don't have to worry about whether you'll win this game anymore.

For the Dodgers, at least a loss is a loss and there won't be any kind of run differential to screw them again.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kershaw haters are so deranged I’m getting tagged on Twitter tonight by weirdos replying to posts from 3+ years ago

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Diamondbacks openly eating popsicles in the dugout.

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009
Dang, I thought Kershaw was a good pitcher? Does this follow a pattern of him choking during the post season?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Skoora posted:

Dang, I thought Kershaw was a good pitcher? Does this follow a pattern of him choking during the post season?

Maybe!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I feel like 70% of the ads I’ve seen or heard in all four games tonight have been for some kind of loving betting service.

Absolutely bizarre poo poo imo, given baseball’s own history with betting.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Dameius posted:

For the Dodgers, at least a loss is a loss and there won't be any kind of run differential to screw them again.

Yeah, that's kind of my point. Game 1 is lost, but a 9 run loss is the same as a 1 run loss to the rest of the series. Still more games ahead. No, I'm not just coping, why do you ask

The division series being best of 5 instead of best of 7 remains bullshit however.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

O’s and Braves and Dodgers and Twins all in the same position. Decent company. Lots of baseball to be played still.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Goddamn what an AB.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Good for him

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
I love LA

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers playing 4-D chess carrying so many bad pitchers on the roster to eat all these meaningless innings

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009

That's wild.

It's also great to see Longoria scoring against the Dodgers.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The real shame here is the Dodgers offense rolling over and letting Kelly go deep into this game

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bawfuls posted:

Dodgers playing 4-D chess carrying so many bad pitchers on the roster to eat all these meaningless innings

Dude wtf is with your avatar

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Someone who doesn’t like the Dodgers is mad about Kershaw idk

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kirios posted:

Dude wtf is with your avatar

Somebody who thought they were owning bawfuls spent $10 on what was a pretty blatantly homophobic title and then spent another $10 to change the text again to clarify they're not the bigot, Kershaw is.

gotta love these Something Awful forums. :rolleyes:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Why not let Grove go another inning or two? Or let Kikè pitch?

Maybe they just wanna get Vesia some work? lmao

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I mean, Kershaw is a gigantic bigot (I did not buy the title, I swear)

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
God drat Heyward almost nabbed that.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Squall posted:

Yeah, that's kind of my point. Game 1 is lost, but a 9 run loss is the same as a 1 run loss to the rest of the series. Still more games ahead. No, I'm not just coping, why do you ask

The division series being best of 5 instead of best of 7 remains bullshit however.

Whomst among us haven't found ourselves rooting for a 2023 Dodgers team at some point in our lives.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

runs!!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Buckle up everybody

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I’m here and ready for the funniest comeback ever

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009
Thank god they didn't get shut out

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kershaw being mediocre in the playoffs is going to be one of the greatest what-ifs in baseball history.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Diamondbacks :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

Buckle up everybody