Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Breetai posted:

Y'know what? If it's something that you asked to be excluded and you're allergic to then go your hardest and get them to remake the whole order. Fine. But throwing out an entire burger rather than just sliding a single tomato slice onto your plate is the most aggressively wasteful poo poo.

Whole bunch of people itt:

loving lol if you really think that's going into the trash and not some 19-year-old food runner's burger hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Legit you shouldn't bother staff over a lettuce and tomato. If you're spineless you just do nothing, if you've got a spine you pick the lettuce and tomato off. Getting staff involved is unhinged.

best response: "oh haha they put lettuce and tomato on anyway, lol." take them off. eat the burger.

totally fine response: "oh dang they put tomato on, i really don't like when the tomato juice seeps into the bun." politely send it back and ask for a new top bun that doesn't have tomato juice or seeds on it.

kinda lame for a grown-up but acceptable: "oh dang, i can't stand tomatoes at all, even in tiny amounts." send the entire burger back and ask for a new one. if it had been an allergy situation etc this is what they'd have to do anyway.

what the gently caress are you doing: refuse to eat your dinner, refuse to speak to the waitress, lie to your date, claim you just aren't hungry when there is clearly lettuce and tomato on it and your date remembers your order, deny her reality, say that you want to take it home when you fully intend to throw it out later, lie to the waitress when your date tries to stand up for you, then later argue with your date about the loving burger and make a douchey comment about who's paying for dinner.

my "i am not autistic" shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 7, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Speaking of tomato juice why can't you get a glass of just tomato slime? Just the middle wet seedy bits, not the whole tomato all blended up.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Some of you don't seem to realize that there are people who find seething passive aggressively far more delicious than any correct food order.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Then there was the time I was at a fast food place and they left the bacon off my burger. The receipt showed that they charged me for it, so it was clearly a mistake by the kitchen.

I brought the burger to the counter and asked the cashier (not the same one I'd ordered from) for it to be corrected. It was a tiny, nerdy looking kid, probably his first job. He immediately freaked out and apologized many times, to the point that it seemed like he was going to have a nervous breakdown. It was an extremely bizarre response to a polite request.

The kitchen informed him that it would take a couple of minutes for the bacon to cook so the kid offered to bring it to my table when it was fixed, once again apologizing profusely.

When he brought it back out, he was acting the same way. I felt like I needed to calm him down and I tried very hard, assuring him that it wasn't a big deal, it wasn't his fault, the problem was fixed and that it's a very common and minor problem that he'll probably see multiple times per day in a fast food job.

I honestly wonder if other customers caused him to act that way. I know how loud and belligerent certain assholes can get toward people in jobs like that. I'm thinking he might have been yelled at and bullied by huge dumbshits over stupid nonsense. The kid was really young and small and likely to be an easy target.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

...! posted:

I honestly wonder if other customers caused him to act that way. I know how loud and belligerent certain assholes can get toward people in jobs like that. I'm thinking he might have been yelled at and bullied by huge dumbshits over stupid nonsense. The kid was really young and small and likely to be an easy target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3VRP2BNJN4

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You either take what you get or you freak out and yell at and abuse the staff. Those are the only two options.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
MIL dishes it out, but can she take it?

AITA for insulting my sort of MIL after she questioned my getting breast implants after a mastectomy.

quote:

I have always been flat chested. I have never filled an A cup. I had the very mistaken idea that this meant I was safe from breast cancer. How very wrong I was.

I'm okay now. And I'm considering getting implants. Nothing grotesque. Just something so I can feel better and fill out a dress when I'm out.

My husband and I are budgeting for them and it got mentioned to his step mother in passing when we had his dad and her over recently.

She, for some reason, took it into her head to say that I was vain for wanting big tits after all this time. That my husband married me the way I was and that I shouldn't change myself.

I was stunned. The hypocrisy. I told her that my body was mine to do with as I wanted but I promised her I would never get so many lip fillers like her so that me mouth wouldn't look like a prolapsed baboon anus.

She took this personally and left. My husband said she deserved it. My kids agree with me. But her husband says that I went too far and that we will not see them again until I apologized.

I know my husband and kids are ride or die with me so I cannot judge myself by them having my back.
Don't threaten me with a good time, FIL.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

FMguru posted:

MIL dishes it out, but can she take it?

AITA for insulting my sort of MIL after she questioned my getting breast implants after a mastectomy.

Don't threaten me with a good time, FIL.

:drat:

"so many lip fillers like her so that me mouth wouldn't look like a prolapsed baboon anus." is a good thread title.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for asking my brother to treat his Ex-wife a little bit better for their daughter

quote:

My brother Joe was married to Marie for 15 years and got divorced 2 years ago. They have a 13 year old daughter Ava. Since the divorce Joe has never interacted with Marie a single time. If he absolutely has to communicate he will write it in a notebook for example 'Sam has extra classes next week'. Till this day he refuses to even look at her. They got divorced cause Marie cheated on him like 5 or 6 years ago I don't know how he just found it out.

Now I understand he is somewhat justified towards his disgust towards Marie but this has been affecting Ava. They both share 50-50 custody and no one pays anyone alimony or childsupport cause at the time of the divorce they both had equal financial standing and he had a pretty good prenup.

Marie lost her job 6 months ago and is struggling a bit and has asked Joe for help he absolutely refuses and instead is pushing to get 100 percent of the custody. This is impacting Ava alot lately cause she is spenting more time with Joe and she seems very afraid to even bring her mother in any conversation with Joe. Last week I got in an argument with Joe because on Ava's birthday last week first of all he didn't invite Marie and when she showed up anyway he just left the party.

I confronted him later and asked him to see how this is affecting Ava and just learn to tolerate Marie's presence. He asked me to butt out and let him live his life however he wants. Now I understand that but I cant see what it's doing to Ava so I told him that he keeps this up then one day Ava will start to resent him. He just said he fine with that once she grows up she will understand. I just lost it at that moment left.

After coming home I talked to my husband and to my surprise he didn't take my side. He told me I should have kept everything to myself and should not have gotten involved. And this has made me question myself. So please I need to unbiased opinions.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
If Ava is legitimately afraid to bring up things about her mother around or to her father then that man needs therapy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for asking my brother to treat his Ex-wife a little bit better for their daughter

This bloke is 100% the arsehole.

The first rule of co-parenting is civility and decorum. Even if your spouse cheated on you repeatedly with your sibling whilst you were in your sickbed. When you divorce, you keep it civil and respectful for the sake of the kid, and do your best not to bad-mouth their other parent.

So whilst he is understandably upset, and doesn't have to like or even accommodate his cheating ex wife. He does need to suck it up and play nice, (or at least nicer than he currently is), for the sake of his daughter. And if he isn't prepared to do that even for her sake, then he is a bad man and a bad dad.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

BrigadierSensible posted:

This bloke is 100% the arsehole.

The first rule of co-parenting is civility and decorum. Even if your spouse cheated on you repeatedly with your sibling whilst you were in your sickbed. When you divorce, you keep it civil and respectful for the sake of the kid, and do your best not to bad-mouth their other parent.

So whilst he is understandably upset, and doesn't have to like or even accommodate his cheating ex wife. He does need to suck it up and play nice, (or at least nicer than he currently is), for the sake of his daughter. And if he isn't prepared to do that even for her sake, then he is a bad man and a bad dad.

He needs to be civil - meaning he is polite and communicates with her appropriately as he would with any stranger on the street.

The fact the kid is scared to bring her up is a massive red flag tbh, it shows that when she brings up her mother, her father is hostile towards her (the daughter). That is in no way justified and ultimately the daughter is going to end up cutting off her father, regardless of the situation, or how much the father perceives he is in the 'right'

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling my best friend he's getting the raw end of the deal in his relationship?

quote:

My best friend Jamie 32M and me 32F have been friends since university. He has always been the romantic sort and falls in "love" easily. He was in a long term relationship with another girl from our friend group called Lily (also 32F) but they broke up and she married someone else 2 years ago.

Now Jamie is dating this girl Alina who is very young and very different. She's 28 but acts 18 sometimes (think wearing crop tops, listening to Taylor swift, Olivia rodrigo, etc.) They have become very close very quick and have already moved in together.

She is new to our city and was apparently bleeding money through rent so Jamie very chivalrously offered to take her in. They are now living together it's been a few weeks.

Our other friends find this kinda cute since Jamie is so in love. I however have some misgivings. I know what it seems like but hear me out.

There is something wrong about her. She doesn't contribute much to the household, doesn't have a high paying job. He cooks and cleans for her (she does it too but Jamie also picks up the slack). She stays in his house and doesn't pay rent.

I find all these things to be red flags. He is moving very fast and is totally smitten by her. Jamie will do whatever she asks. Alina recently asked him not to be vegan as she doesn't believe in it and he agreed. He was seriously considering joining me in a plant-based diet at the least.

The real shocker happened when I went to see Jamie and talked to him about this. I told him all the misgivings I feel about his and Alina's relationship and listed out all the things that make me uncomfortable.

To my surprise, this very calm, very rational individual suddenly got really ice cold with me. Jamie told me he doesn't want to hear anything about Alina and unfortunately she was eavesdropping? (don't know for sure) but she heard everything. Her eyes got all big and she started crying like a baby.

This made Jamie's anger worse and he told me to leave. The last 48 hours I've been walking like in a dream. Like wtf just happened. A few of our mutual friends called me and asked me if I was out of my fricking mind and told me I should have minded my own business.

I'm baffled. EVERYONE is on her side. Like she's a huge red flag and Jamie and her relationship is so toxic. I was just trying to protect my friend.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for trying to tell my best friend his gf was problematic AF? I had his best interests at heart.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
loving lol at liking Taylor Swift being an indicator of immaturity

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my best friend he's getting the raw end of the deal in his relationship?

But wait, there's not actually more!

quote:

That was just a superficial example. There's more.

a) She doesn't make a lot of money and wants to sit at home and write her novel

b) She doesn't do much cooking etc. She'll clean up and cook dinners but Jamie makes breakfast everyday as "Alina can't function without eating something" and he has to clean the toilets and do the "heavy stuff" as "Alina has OCD she can't tolerate doing it"

c) he pays whenever they are out for dinner, pub etc. with us. He says this ok as he wants Alina to save her money. He buys groceries and doesn't mind paying as "it's just one extra person it's not going to bankrupt me".

d) She actively dissuades him doing stuff like becoming vegan or go protesting as she doesn't believe it to be right. He agrees.

quote:

Okay that wasn't expressed well I'm sorry. Of course she can wear what she wants and listen to what this stuff etc. It's just that Jamie is very into Fleet Foxes Indie folk kind of thing and she's a full blown Swiftie. Not just passively listening to her music. And she just... seems immature. Like when we hung out last time she started talking about celeb gossip etc. like it was a national event.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I seriously hate raw onions, to the point I do get kind of grossed out when I have to pick them off and they leave flavour behind. I'm also very much not neurotypical. But I just think to myself "would have been so much better without this stupid onion bullshit" and eat it anyway because it cost money and I went out of my way to get it.

Also if you can't stand a whisp of tomato juice but are willing to eat ketchup, drown the tomato juice with ketchup and you won't notice it anymore.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The editorial staff of the NYT called an all hands meeting in order to workshop a portmanteau of Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift*

OP: Let me, who is not like other girls, tell you how chatting about celebrity gossip is a sign of immaturity and why this new girl is so wrong for you.

*may or may not be true

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Traxis posted:

For your husband's birthday give him a bowling ball with your name on it

For your husband’s birthday give him the sweatshirt.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Funny, you'd think OP would be all over Taylor Swift considering how much of her discography is about wanting to steal someone else's boyfriend.

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

My mom is 80 and likes Taylor Swift :shobon:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Traylor Keft

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tayvis Klift

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Trailer Swelt

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Engelbert Humperdinck

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Travlor Kwift

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Notable sign of maturity: Caring a whole lot about someone liking pop music and acting like you're so cool because you listen to indie.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

MagpieConcept posted:

My mom is 80 and likes Taylor Swift :shobon:

How unfortunate for you to have such an immature mother.

My mum is in her late 60s and likes Black Sabbath and Leonard Cohen. :smug:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was fine with TayTay until she started loving up my NFL games. She will get a sternly worded criticism from me when I see her in person at her concert in Tokyo

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
poo poo man even if you don't like her music, Swift has loving made an empire.

I myself am not young like the OP's arch nemesis, but I don't like most of Olivia Rodriego's music because I can't loving hear her voice over the increased music part! Like she's loving whispering while all you hear are the instruments. Yay you got a guitar and another drummer, what the hell are you singing about?

AITA for my reaction to kids kicking my door?

quote:

Pretty much title. I 37F was lying on my couch while my husband was in the yard doing some work, when all of a sudden I heard a really loud bang on my front door. It scared the poo poo out of me. My heart started racing, not knowing wtf just happened. I got up to go check thinking maybe it was something with my husband, but as I opened the door and looked down the block, I saw 3 kids running away. They were kinda far, but yelled out "I dare you to do it again, you little assholes". I checked the ring camera playback, but it only caught them running away. On my door was 3 wet footprints since it rained earlier. Like, all 3 of them kicked the door at the same time. I was super pissed at this point. I grabbed my car keys, jumped in my car, and went after them.

They weren't that far, around the corner at this time. I pulled my car up to the sidewalk, window down, and just completely went off on them. This included yelling and lots of cursing. They were shook, and tried to say they were just playing "ding dong ditch". The last thing I remember saying was if I catch you in front of my house again, it's going to be a bigger problem. When I got back home again, and calmed down a bit, I started thinking about it. The kids were actually pretty young. Like, couldn't be more than 12 or 13, and they admittedly looked scared as poo poo lol, and thought maybe I could've handled it better. But, at the same time, I feel like if I just let them off, they would keep doing stupid things like that, and think it's ok. Also, I honestly wouldn't have reacted so strongly if it was merely them ringing the door bell, and running, but them kicking it like that really really scared me. I thought someone was breaking in. Anyway, aita for my reaction?

haven't kids been loving shot doing stupid poo poo like this?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
I couldn't find the updates to this one....

Evil Willow posted:

Am I wrong for accidently getting my parents uninvited from my brother's wedding?

Posted by the brother:

My brother slept with and ran off with my ex and now wants an invite to my wedding, getting my parents uninvited in the process

quote:

I(24m) wasn't even going to make a post about this, but my brother, who I'll call Turk(25m), made 4 posts about it, so I thought I should share my side of the story. I'll use the same names he did for the sake of simplicity. My fiancé is "Maria"(24f) and my ex is "Jen"(24f)

A little over 5 years ago, my brother started dating Maria, my (now) fiance. 3 months after they started dating, they set me up with her (now ex) best friend, Jen. The 4 of us did a lot together since the girls were best friends. Turk and Maria dated for a year, and Jen and I dated for 9 months.

At the end of our relationship, I came home early and found Turk and Jen having sex in my bed. After I processed the situation, I called Maria because I'd want to know if I was in her place. She came over, and we confronted Turk and Jen. They dumped us, and I found out 2 days later, started dating each other. It broke me. I came home to find my brother loving my girlfriend only to run off with her. I had to move back in with my parents. It was infuriating because they kept talking about how happy Turk and Jen were.

Throughout the next couple of months, Maria and I started talking. We were two people in similar lovely situations, and we found some comfort in each other. 4 months after we got dumped, Maria and I officially started dating. 6 months after we got dumped, Turk found out that Jen was cheating on him and she left him for the other guy (I actually only found this out today from reading Turks post). Maria would get the occasional message from Turk, trying to reconnect but she ignored him.

Anyway, moving on to now. Maria and I are engaged and getting married in September. My parents were invited until my mom called me and threatened to not come if I didn't invite Turk. I told her to not bother coming regardless. In my mother's eyes, Turk can do no wrong. When he hosed and started dating my ex, I told my parents everything he did and my mom tried defending him. Our relationship isn't the greatest but it was somewhat decent. After I uninvited my parents (I only uninvited my mom but my dad texted me and said he's not coming if my mom isn't) Turk blew up my phone trying to get ahold of me. This is the first time he's even tried reaching out to me in 4 years.

Like I said before, Turk posted about this situation here on reddit as well and apparently my parents told him that Maria and I were getting married and that started this whole thing of them getting uninvited. He's stopped calling me but he's blowing up my phone with texts begging me to re-invite my parents and possibly give him an invite.

So yeah, I just wanted to get my side out there.

Update from brother (no further posts from OP):

Small update about my brother who slept with and ran off with my ex then tried to get an invite to my wedding

quote:

Here's a summary since my original post is pretty long. My brother, Turk, set me up with my ex. I walked in on him and my ex having sex in my bed, and It broke me. My wife, Maria, was also cheated on, so we understood each other. Maria and I dated for four years until we got married a couple of weeks ago. 2 months before my wedding, Turk talked to my parents and got my mom to try to get him invited, but all that did was get my mom uninvited. My dad didn't come because my mom didn't. That's basically it.

My wedding was amazing, it went so smoothly. I didn't hear from Turk. He didn't even show up as far as I know. My parents didn't show up and try to make a scene or anything, which was good. My mom didn't text me, but my dad texted me saying congratulations. I guess Turk talked to my mom because she texted me shortly after my honeymoon, basically begging me to forgive Turk because he's my brother. I didn't text back. It's not worth it. That was a week ago, and I haven't gotten any other texts from my mom or Turk since.

And that's it. The funny part is that Turk is still trying to get our mom to solve his problems. But all of that's behind me now.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Cowslips Warren posted:

Not in my country :can:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not telling my wife “the real reason” why I married her?

This got an update:

UPDATE - AITA for not telling my wife “the real reason” why I married her?

quote:

**I just saw my previous post this morning and was surprised (and a little overwhelmed) by the amount of responses I received. Nonetheless, I do think it is appropriate to provide a quick update.**

I had time to do some self-reflection over the past few days, and my conclusion is that I am probably the luckiest man in the world to have such a fantastic wife and wonderful children. Rest assured that I have no intention of my wife ever finding out the “real” reason why I decided to marry her.

Also, I am very confident that my two friends won’t say anything to my wife. I failed to mention it earlier, but I also have some ammunition on Michael’s marriage, and given that Wilson is in couples therapy, I’m highly doubtful he’d say anything. Even without this, I can’t imagine either of them overstepping such a boundary.

I’m sure many of you are wondering how they knew in the first place. The reason they knew was because we were all housemates at the time and they were able to witness the situation unfold firsthand. I guess you could say that while I'm largely an introverted person, I still talk a lot especially with my friends. I do still feel guilty about my initial motivation to pursue my wife, but also very grateful for how things turned out. I like to think she's also grateful.

Over the last few days, I have been trying to turn this gratitude into action to make my wife feel appreciated. Yesterday, I brought her breakfast in bed and in the evening after work, I brought her (a surprisingly expensive) bouquet of flowers.

Tonight, we have reservations for her favorite restaurant and a sitter who will watch the children. I know these things are minor in the grand scheme of things, but I want to do more thoughtful things for my wife. This will be my early New Year's resolution.

Tbh it feels like OP, wife and FIL boss all understood what was happening and got what they wanted (a loving, happy relationship)? And the old roomies are just jealous.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

People who want to start drama piss me off. Leave them alone, they're doing great. Who cares if it's not the "normal" way of getting together. If it works, it works.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

poo poo man even if you don't like her music, Swift has loving made an empire.

I myself am not young like the OP's arch nemesis, but I don't like most of Olivia Rodriego's music because I can't loving hear her voice over the increased music part! Like she's loving whispering while all you hear are the instruments. Yay you got a guitar and another drummer, what the hell are you singing about?

OP doesn't seem to understand that her angry reaction is part of the bit, it's what makes this sort of stupid poo poo fun. If she had yelled "that was an excellent jape, have a blessed day youngsters! " then she would be the rear end in a top hat

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

Deathbulge continuing it's corrupting influence on our youth.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's not just autistic people who find it difficult to be even minorly confrontational especially with strangers over reasonable requests, especially involving food, due to expecting explosive angry outbursts over expressing any personal inconvenience or preference that requires acknwledgement.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Surprising victory for reddit

AITA for asking my husband to stop sharing his location with my MIL?

quote:

My husband (40M) and I (40F) got into a huge fight because he does not understand why I asked him to stop sharing his location with his mom. Last year we got married after 3 years of dating and we also have a 7 month old daughter. While we were dating I knew he shared his location with his mom and I respected that even though we would get the occasional text of “oh, I see you’re at a restaurant, is it good” or (her trying to be funny) “I see you guys”. It bothered me, but I didn’t care all too much.

Fast forward to when I was four months pregnant and I had bleeding. We went to the ER and spent all day there making sure the baby was fine. We left the hospital when we knew the baby was okay and I had no intention of telling anyone about what happened. Immediately after leaving, he gets a text from his mom saying, “I saw you guys were at the ER, is everything okay?”. I understand the concern, however, I felt like that was a private moment between me and my husband and should have been my choice to share or disclose.

Due to this incident, I felt very strongly about him sharing his location with her. I asked him to stop sharing his location with her as it got closer to the due date as I wanted it to be private and we would now have our nuclear family to worry about. He agreed.

Last month I found out on a trip to her house that he was sharing his location with her again because she made a comment about knowing where we were and watching us drive. On the way home I told him I wasn’t aware he was sharing his location again and I didn’t feel comfortable with it. He didn’t say anything about it. Last night we got in a huge argument about it and he just flat out doesn’t understand why it bothers me and that it’s his relationship with his mom. I tried to explain that I feel like it impedes upon my privacy and I don’t know why she needs to know where we are all of the time. I feel like he doesn’t respect my wishes in our marriage. AITA?

More info: His reasoning is that she has trauma from when his father died in a car accident when he was four and it just helps her know he’s okay. She has been remarried for 30 years and he has two other brothers 36M (married w 3 kids) and 26M. The 26M shares his location, but the 36M does not as it’s a privacy issue with him and his family. My mom has suffered trauma too, but I don’t share my location with her.

UPDATE: Thank you all for your comments. This was actually way more helpful than I thought. Just reading the post and comments helped him realize where I was coming from and after reading the comments I realized I could relax A BIT. We agreed to share locations on big trips and when he’s on his own trips, but in everyday life, there’s no need. Thanks again!

Thank god my mom refuses to learn technology.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for consolidating my boyfriend's soy sauces into one jar?

quote:

I (F27) have been dating my boyfriend 'Harry'(M29) for five months. Last month he just gave me a key to his place and it's a pretty small place, about 600 square feet overall. Harry is also Asian, which is important because he has a large plethora of Asian ingredients. I'm a bit of neat freak, so I did help him straighten up his bedroom office and closet, which he is extremely grateful for, but he is very touchy about his kitchen and his ingredients.

He has like four different bottles of soy sauce in his pantry, two of which are extremely large and extremely heavy bottles and are also half full. He swears they all do different things and taste different, but I've stopped at the Safeway on the way to his place and used a few of the different soy sauces to dip and they all taste about the same to me.

There's one glass jar of sauce he hasn't used for anything yet, which he calls the 'Harmony Sauce'. He said it's from someone named Harmony, but I've put it on a California roll and it tastes like regular ole soy sauce. Point is, I see his pantry and how his shelves are so tight that jars and bottles are always right at the edge. It actually makes me nervous because when I was a child, a jar fell off a shelf in my pantry growing up and I sliced my foot open on the large shards of glass.

One day, I got a large sealable jar when Harry was out, and poured in all the soy sauce bottles into the jar. Boom, instantly, the pantry shelf no longer has bottles and glass jars right on the edge anymore. He got home and instantly flipped out. He actually started crying, screaming about how I ruined HIS Harmony's sauce. I am still confused, who the hell is Harmony to him, an ex? And why is he keeping his ex's soy sauce in his pantry? He took my key and kicked me out.

I told all our friends and nearly everyone agreed with me he overreacted over soy sauce, that is except a girl in our group named Nicole. Nicole did one of those foreign language programs when she was younger, and she looked horrified. She said "You destroyed his Harmony's sauce!" and I don't know what she said to the rest of the friends, but the rest of them flipped on me now!

I mean, I'm willing to go to the Asian markets and buy replacements sauces, because apparently there IS such a thing as different types of soy sauce(they really do taste the same to me?), but Nicole keeps telling me the 'Harmony Sauce' is irreplaceable. I'm just really confused reddit, so am I the rear end in a top hat for 'ruining' my boyfriend's harmony sauce?

Unlike rice, you can't separate this grain by grain into the individual components!

Top comment posted:

'Halmeoni' is Korean for "grandmother". If she brewed her own soy sauce, that's a six month process at home, minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for consolidating my boyfriend's soy sauces into one jar?

Unlike rice, you can't separate this grain by grain into the individual components!

What an rear end in a top hat if real

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 8, 2023