Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Counterpoint: the “silly old man” is a racist piece of poo poo election denier and can go pound salt and gently caress off forever imo

Yeah, but even if he wasn't I'm tired of hearing about him every year

I get it. We get it. gently caress off now, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Mattress Mack is a more annoying Marlins Man.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
that guy looks like he would die from the exertion of trying to throw anything

so that’d be funny at least

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
mattress mack is a giant piece of poo poo and I'll be happy when I hear he's croaked

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

mattress mack is a giant piece of poo poo and I'll be happy when I hear he's croaked

He’s inexplicably only 72, so we’re probably stuck with him for at least a decade.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Orioles already losing a game at home is not a great sign. However, their starter had 9 Ks in 4 2/3 inning so he wasn't really the problem

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Can't win poo poo when you only get 5 hits. Honestly from how they were talking I'm surprised it wasn't worse than 3-2.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Rangers postseason run is almost entirely being carried by rookies Evan Carter and Josh Jung. Absolutely crazy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Pobrecito posted:

Rangers postseason run is almost entirely being carried by rookies Evan Carter and Josh Jung. Absolutely crazy.
It helps that their pitching has been able to hold on despite a lot of injuries to the big names

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
Dark clouds of evil rise in Texas today, I see.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

FlamingLiberal posted:

It helps that their pitching has been able to hold on despite a lot of injuries to the big names

Yeah. As I’m sure everyone saw coming, the Rangers minus DeGrom, Scherzer and Gray and with a bullpen who has a 43.3% save percentage this season, have allowed a whopping sum of 3 runs total in 3 road playoff games to the 99-63 Rays and 101-61 Orioles.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Pobrecito posted:

Yeah. As I’m sure everyone saw coming, the Rangers minus DeGrom, Scherzer and Gray and with a bullpen who has a 43.3% save percentage this season, have allowed a whopping sum of 3 runs total in 3 road playoff games to the 99-63 Rays and 101-61 Orioles.

October is chaos

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Meanwhile I see Verlander pitched 6 scoreless innings, then the bullpen just poo poo all over themselves

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
To be fair it was only Neris; we got scoreless innings out of Abreu and Pressly

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Neris is good for one of those every so often, I’m willing to bet he’s nails for whatever remaining appearances he has

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pretty happy the Twins made a game where they threw their #4 against Houston's ace competitive, hopefully Lopez and Sonny can bring it back and give the Twins a chance to win it in 4

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Yeah, that's generally my feeling. I'm certainly disappointed that the Astros struck so hard so early, but they did the thing I always really want, and kept it respectable. The team can fight for it, so, a shame, but it's just the first game.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Wrong thread

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I think I agree with the Twins fans here - Astros needed that one.

I’m glad they got it, but it’s far from over.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s 100% going to be a 4 or 5 game series, no one’s going home early.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Phillies are going to win the World Series

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Goddamn, it's the Top of the 1st and Kershaw has already given up 5 runs! There are still no outs!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Goddamn, it's the Top of the 1st and Kershaw has already given up 5 runs! There are still no outs!

:lol:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Braves behind the 8 ball now

fried may win them two games tho

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

isn't fried pitching with a blister? although in game 6 of the WS against the astros fried looked vulnerable then ate a line drive comebacker and was nails after that so maybe a little pain focuses him

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Had a blister developing, which is why he went on the IL late in the season; threw a sim game this week mostly with a band-aid on that finger. No one's letting on if there's still any concern but idk.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

<3 u Mets for letting us have Verlander for one last ride.

I hope the trade works out for you too!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's now 9-0. Good lord

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's now 9-0. Good lord

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Dodgers offense is dogshit garbage and no I will not be taking any questions thanks

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

bawfuls posted:

The Dodgers offense is dogshit garbage and no I will not be taking any questions thanks

I really hate to say this but what’s happening right now isn’t too surprising.

We should be grateful they won a hundred games this season, and another division title. Still can’t believe the Padres had the season they did.

Gonna be a bummer if tonight was Kershaw’s last career start though.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I mean they did score more runs this year than any Dodgers team since the move to LA so getting shut out is not exactly on-brand

And there’s no way Kersh lets this be his last game, he’d be mad at himself the rest of his life.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Despite the Braves winning a title a few years ago and 105 game this year, they have some of the biggest loser energy I've seen

The 1-2 of Snitker admitting they don't want to play the Phillies and Strider wanting to pitch without fans, like how does Braves PR not shut that down

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Despite the Braves winning a title a few years ago and 105 game this year, they have some of the biggest loser energy I've seen

The 1-2 of Snitker admitting they don't want to play the Phillies and Strider wanting to pitch without fans, like how does Braves PR not shut that down

Lol what

Snitker being honest is fine, it can be spun

But what's Strider saying, he wants covid 2020 style back on the menu? (I'm listening...)

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

A bunch of losers who signed below market contracts.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

kalensc posted:

Lol what

Snitker being honest is fine, it can be spun

But what's Strider saying, he wants covid 2020 style back on the menu? (I'm listening...)

some dumbass posted:

"Absolutely, there should be no fans," Strider said when asked for his hottest sports takes. "Get rid of the fans, it's too loud. It's too loud, everybody be quiet. We don't need the cheering, we know you're watching. I don't need the fans."

I want to see him pitch in Philly so bad for game 4

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

OH MY GOD IT WAS BOB ALL ALONG

https://twitter.com/bnightengale/status/1710400462258856168

Yes totally healthy no issues at all

https://twitter.com/ericstephen/status/1710892852199428132

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 8, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The best division in baseball is 0-5 in the playoffs and has scored 4 runs in those games :hmmyes:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

lmao how is there always a tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Every home team lost yesterday except your Houston Astros, who had a losing record at home in the regular season and somewhat famously went 0-4 at home in the '19 WS. I don't know what this portends.