Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

What a remarkably dumb response to an already dumb decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kith posted:

Well, Fatshark hosed up and pissed off their community enormously.

Xbox version of Darktide's $60 package comes with Imperial Edition and 14,000 Aquilas.
Steam version of Darktide's $60 package comes with Imperial Edition.

Instead of saying literally anything intelligent about the situation, one of the community managers said that people upset about missing out on all of the cash shop funbux were "clutching pearls".

Really smart how they immediately set fire to all of that goodwill that had built up from the skill tree rework.

Yeah it's a funny little meltdown on reddit, they since mentioned they will do "something" for PC players who stuck around but it was a record fast time to burn goodwill with a good patch with that pearl comment and they are still making memes about it.
Another part of it is that the new cosmetic bundle is marked up in price due to "higher quality and time required" but is full of clipping clothes and missing physics and obvious things like that and IF you wanted to buy all 4 bundles it would cost $50 to buy 11500 aquila, but the 4 together costs 11600.

I never buy cosmetics in games for real money, so the only thing I'm upset about is that after a year the only ingame cosmetics you can get from tthe gold shop are recolors where you get to pay up to a million gold with color variations of grey, dim grey and light grey or a camo pattern to blend in with all the trees on tertium.

And no real weapon skins either, just some slight recolors where red is the only noticeable one.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 7, 2023

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Leaning into Coherency and toughness bonuses for Veteran pays dividends. Most of my Heresy pub games don't have anyone go down in them. Whoever also talked up Voice of Command, thank you. It's a great lifesaver ability.

Has anyone been able to make axes work for them with Vet? I remember not liking them on release. I'm always up for switching between different weapons for variety's sake.

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 7, 2023

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Reiley posted:

Is there a glossary for some of the mechanics, like Impact Damage or whatever else?
It's kind of poo poo, but there's this: https://darktide.gameslantern.com/effects

The most important non-obvious thing to know is that Power is really, really, really good.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Kith posted:

Xbox version of Darktide's $60 package comes with Imperial Edition and 14,000 Aquilas.

Instead of saying literally anything intelligent about the situation, one of the community managers said that people upset about missing out on all of the cash shop funbux were "clutching pearls".

Really smart how they immediately set fire to all of that goodwill that had built up from the skill tree rework.

Uh, wow. 14,000 is a lot. Did not know it was that much.

The community manager as I understand it made the comment because there were like 14+ threads in their official discord and the forums of gamers acting incredibly entitled, and I can imagine that getting to someone. But also kinda shooting yourself in the foot by responding like that, so catching some flak for it is unsurprising.

But drat, 14,000 aquilas is ridiculous lol. The outrage makes way more sense now.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
They want those sweet console dollars. Or krona.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For curio's I assume everyone is just crafting on +health/toughness, what's the third ideal stat for everyone? toughness regen, stamina regen or just more dockets?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Perestroika posted:

I'm using the Mark II (with the pointy bayonet), which IIRC tends to have the highest base damage in exchange for lower charge damage. The one I'm currently using has 165 base damage, which combined with various damage buffs from the skills seems to be just enough to take down ranged flak enemies in one hit.

Note that this is on Malice, which is where I'm still mostly loving around. On Heresy you need around a half-charge (about a quarter second) on bodyshots. Takes a bit to get used to, but once you find the rhythm for it it quickly becomes second nature.

ah thanks very much, yeah i was hoping it was possible to get bodyshots on heresy without charging but alas

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

apostateCourier posted:

Wait. Fourteen thousand!? I heard Xbox users got more, but what the gently caress?

A Cool Video Game Too posted:

Uh, wow. 14,000 is a lot. Did not know it was that much.

Yep! The most expensive Aquila bundle is 7k for $30, so that's $60 worth that Xbox users are just... getting.

The community is pissed.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

For curio's I assume everyone is just crafting on +health/toughness, what's the third ideal stat for everyone? toughness regen, stamina regen or just more dockets?

Stamina regen seems good now that there's a lot of new ways to regen toughness.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Stamina Regen, Ability Cooldown, Stamina Regen Cooldown are my favorites.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bussamove posted:

What a remarkably dumb response to an already dumb decision.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think the best part of this patch is that a LOT more weapons are finally viable for HISTG damnation, I remember trying to kill a crusher with most Ogyn melee was like trying to take down a brick wall with a spoon and a lot of weapons no longer cap out at only doing damage to 3 things at a time while you had things like an axe that could take off an entire hordes heads all at once.

The old stuff still feels good to use, but I spent 30k plasteel just upgrading new weapons to try out.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think the best part of this patch is that a LOT more weapons are finally viable for HISTG damnation, I remember trying to kill a crusher with most Ogyn melee was like trying to take down a brick wall with a spoon and a lot of weapons no longer cap out at only doing damage to 3 things at a time while you had things like an axe that could take off an entire hordes heads all at once.

The old stuff still feels good to use, but I spent 30k plasteel just upgrading new weapons to try out.

Melk offered a near-perfect shovel so I decided to mess around with a melee Ogryn build. Boy howdy does it hit hard! Two heavy attacks will bleed out a Crusher and knock him on his rear end, with a heavy+light or a single heavy all that’s needed for anything that isn’t a melee elite. It’s so much damage that the talent which provides 40% damage on a fully-charged heavy seems superfluous.

Monstrosity damage is also very respectable, although it still can’t compete with a Shroudfield Hammer Zealot.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

megane posted:

It's kind of poo poo, but there's this: https://darktide.gameslantern.com/effects

The most important non-obvious thing to know is that Power is really, really, really good.

This is just what I needed, thank you. It sounds like Impact is more of a bludgeon thing than a sword thing, or does it apply evenly to everything?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

idk, I feel like with the original class balance that Ogryn's job wasn't really dealing with crushers, though you could use a few weapons to make get rid of them yourself. Felt more on the horde management side of the class roles.

That and Vet was just too strong overall but eh, the new update makes it all moot and I'm glad each class has ways to do all the roles in various ways.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Reiley posted:

This is just what I needed, thank you. It sounds like Impact is more of a bludgeon thing than a sword thing, or does it apply evenly to everything?

Different weapons (and different swings from a given weapon) deal different amounts of stagger. “Impact” multiplies those amounts, just like “damage” multiplies the damage dealt. Bashy weapons like the thunder hammer tend to deal more stagger, so Impact is maybe more useful for them, but it works on anything.

e: enemies have stagger thresholds, I guess, and the more thresholds you beat the more dramatic the stagger animation they suffer, from “no reaction at all” to “slight stumble” all the way up to “thrown across the room like a dog toy”

megane fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 8, 2023

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Is there a resource out there that shows you what each picture at the bottom of your screen means when you're in a mission? Like I know "Warp Charges" is one for a Psyker example and I know what it's picture looks like. But I'd love a list of all of them with pictures so I can see/learn the different ones.

Also I feel like I'm missing a word for what those are called on the screen, someone help me out.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

icons, probably

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

buff icons, yeah. I know that feeling tho.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
I think every icon corresponds with the talent or blessing that activates it, no? You can refer back to the talent tree or weapon you’re using when it appears, at least in the practice range.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I honestly hope at some point they decide to say nuts to canon/established equipment and crack open the xenotech vaults for every class to mess around with.

Give ogryn a lascannon.

Just have some real fun with it.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Magitek posted:

I think every icon corresponds with the talent or blessing that activates it, no? You can refer back to the talent tree or weapon you’re using when it appears, at least in the practice range.

I was hoping for a more elegant solution, also I'm feeling like some of the buff icons (thanks) might come from teammates so barring max leveling all 4 classes to see all the buffs in the training range...well ya

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
All Fatshark has to do with the following major patches is come up with a use for level exp past 30, a use for diamantine, item crafting and customization overhaul that can at least match what the mod maker is doing letting you add scopes/flashlights/bayonets to weapons and to keep adding new maps and making finales more challenging.

Easy peasy.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Sharkopath posted:

I honestly hope at some point they decide to say nuts to canon/established equipment and crack open the xenotech vaults for every class to mess around with.

Give ogryn a lascannon.

Give ogryn a big rear end chain to swing around like a flail

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
On the topic of additional levels, we definitely need some missions where we go back to the prison ship the tutorial happens on for some Space Hulk type shenanigans

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ogryn get a whole Tau soldier they squeeze to make lasers fire out of its face.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Game in a good place since the patch.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

All Fatshark has to do with the following major patches is come up with a use for level exp past 30, a use for diamantine, item crafting and customization overhaul that can at least match what the mod maker is doing letting you add scopes/flashlights/bayonets to weapons and to keep adding new maps and making finales more challenging.

Easy peasy.

I bet customization is coming eventually. The for the emperor cheers were in the files forever before they made it to a patch. I assume they were just saving it for a large patch for Fatshark reasons.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Glad I waited (due to wanting to play it with xbox people) until now, given what I've heard about the patch's reception. I have no stake in the cosmetic drama but it's funny that they dropped a universally praised patch then somehow still managed to Fatshark it.

Enjoying my Yondu knives for now as they'll certainly be nerfed next patch. BB felt too slow and costly while being a CC bot with a taser just felt boring. Loving the healing shield and looking forward to difficulties where people think to stand under it.

Edit: Also, is the loot system pretty much just mission->mission->check shop->repeat? It looks like there's crafting for additional perks/blessings and a subsequent rarity bump but with the stats remaining the same it seems like gambling/the shop is pretty much it.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 8, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Sharkopath posted:

Give ogryn a lascannon.

Ogryn Gun Luggers can use whatever the gently caress they want as long as they can prove that they can hit something. Autocannons, Heavy Bolters, Lascannons, Multi-Meltas - if it's a crew-served weapon, it's been handed to a Gun Lugger and they were told to have fun.

Speaking of Gun Luggers, I think Fatshark hosed up massively with Point Blank Barrage because it's all but invalidated the Veteran's Braced Autoguns. Why bother when the Ogryn's Stubbers have twice the stats and never have to deal with fumbling an ability cast and wasting precious seconds reloading?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I do think Veteran will need "and reload your gun" tacked on to executioner's stance in a future patch, it makes shooty veteran feel a bit lacking combined with the ult not cooling down while active anymore so you can't just keep shooting and extending it until you can use it again.

On another note, does anyone know if any of the crosshair or UI mods let people customize colors like peril and such? got a colorblind friend that can't see the peril color when it turns red and they are about to explode.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Kith posted:

apostateCourier posted:

Wait. Fourteen thousand!? I heard Xbox users got more, but what the gently caress?

So , remember how some days ago I said:

Turin Turambar posted:

On Steam, the user reviews are right now

Recent 68%
General 56%

I'm noting down this, to check a pair of weeks later, and see if the new big update served to redeem the game to the player's eyes.

I checked again, and while there were more positive reviews, I noticed a relative increase in negative reviews on Oct 6/7th, in comparison with the previous two days:

I filtered by date range, and obtained a bunch of reviews complaining of the same.
Most were pointing at how Xbox players get the 14K aquilas as 'apology' for the delayed release on console... which doesn't make sense, because if we are talking of "apologies", pc players who bought it on pc on day 1 should get 100.000 aquilas lol, for doing the role of unpaid beta testers as we got a way too raw version of the game that needed months of patching.
I don't really care for cosmetics in any game, but I agree it seems ill-thought.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Mailer posted:

Edit: Also, is the loot system pretty much just mission->mission->check shop->repeat? It looks like there's crafting for additional perks/blessings and a subsequent rarity bump but with the stats remaining the same it seems like gambling/the shop is pretty much it.

I recommend grabbing this browser extension
https://old.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/1000s5t/formally_announcing_the_armoury_exchange/
It lets you check the shop and Melk's inventory without being in game. I tend to grab all the greys and greens around 370 base power as long as they don't have bad stat distribution or first perk. It's not easy to get a perfectly rolled/crafted weapon, but something close enough is all you really need.

Set a filter to highlight anything with a level 3 blessing in the regular shop to fill out those, and use Melk bux to grab the level 4 blessings you're after, occasionally a decent weapon will show up. Most of my better weapons have come from crafting and then refining/re-blessing, no gambling and I don't use brunt's armory because you just blow through money for 320 base power garbage most of the time.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I've got two +1 Wound curios, one has +10% stamina regen on it. On a many wounds Zealot with all the toughness damage reduction and 50% reduction breakpoints, is a +2 Stamina with another 10% stamina regen a better value add than +16% health with a +3% health feature? It makes a difference of 220ish health with lots of stamina or a 250ish health with normal stamina build. I'm still feeling out the impact of running out of stamina compared to other resources, some more experienced insight is helpful to me. I have lots of toughness and can sustain it pretty consistently to get more value out of my health pool.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Ideally you would hit level 30 and just check your shop for toughness trinkets with 16-17% toughness and 1 good mod, health trinkets with 20-21% and 1 good mod +1 wounds with 1 good mod for that build and +3 stamina with anything, from there it is very fast and straight forward to make a "best in slot" curio.

For zealot except for the wound build you will get the most bang for your buck from 2 toughness 1 health, a +3 stamina in there can be good too if you feel you need more stamina.

And it's very hard to go wrong with +5% toughness/health on every single curio.

Before level 30 all you should care about is having the curio slot filled and +experience to hit 30 faster.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I took the Achlys Heavy Stubber for a spin and it's a monster with the new Skill Tree. Never reload, never run out of ammo, constantly regenerate Toughness, constantly mill cooldowns with Lucky Bullet, rip through Crushers with ease. I know the thread favorite is the Gorgonum but the Achlys is actually worth the time now - on a weapon as punchy as the Heavy Stubber, "half the damage for twice the ammo" is a seriously good trade.

e: I just did the math on it and wowzers it's shocking how the (theoretically maximum) numbers shake out:

Krourk: 175 Damage x 520 Ammo = 91,000 Theoretical Total Damage
Gorgonum: 252 Damage x 360 Ammo = 90,720 Theoretical Total Damage
Achlys: 140 Damage x 600 Ammo = 84,000 Theoretical Total Damage

What does the Achlys bring that's supposed to make up for a deficit that bad?

Kith fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 8, 2023

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

tangy yet delightful posted:

I was hoping for a more elegant solution, also I'm feeling like some of the buff icons (thanks) might come from teammates so barring max leveling all 4 classes to see all the buffs in the training range...well ya

It would be really nice if players could, for example, hold down tab to see what active buffs/debuffs they have

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Kith posted:

What does the Achlys bring that's supposed to make up for a deficit that bad?

That's a good question. Pre-patch the only advantage was higher suppression and slightly faster unbraced fire movement speed. But now having a faster rate of fire has synergy with some of the Gunlugger talents: Faster application of burn stacks against multiple targets, higher uptime on the Lucky Bullet talent that speeds up ability cooldown, higher toughness-per-sec regenerated on the regen-per-shot talent. The Overwhelming Fire blessing was also overhauled to gain a stack for every 4 hits, so the Achlys can stack it faster.

Personally I take the Gorgonum because of its higher stopping power, higher damage against armor and increased effectiveness at range. A couple shots will consistently knock a Trapper on its rear end before it can fire, and when you're in a tight corridor as a fat Ogryn this can easily save your life. In the practice range you can see the Achlys does significantly less DPS against flak-armored scabs and maulers, although the Rending-on-elite-kill talent narrows the gap. When the Gorgonum is braced it provides a significant zoom, which can definitely help against far-off targets like Snipers, Bombers, Gunners or just random Shooters in annoying positions.

Personally I'd still recommend the Gorgonum for the sake of versatility, but the Achlys is definitely in a better place than it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So I haven't given this game any attention since launch. Are Veterans still better at everything than every other class or is it better now with the overhaul?