Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

netizen posted:

The Viet-Minh lugged heavy artillery up mountains with nothing but ropes and manpower and sheer force of will and overcame the French colonizers . Anything is possible.

and bicycles, don't forget the bicycles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

and bicycles, don't forget the bicycles

Scooter Brigades are the new bicycle mounted troops.

Paraglider Troops are the new Airborne.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

when all your military does for years is guard a concentration camp and occasionally murder children for fun, you end up with a military that specializes in fighting unarmed and helpless “opponents.” not as much fun when the other side shoots back, now, is it?!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

An army that consists of entirely snipers who can only hit targets under 5 ft tall

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

i appreciate the random probe for rascism on a totally unrelated guy who is not the frothing arab killer lol
mods dont dont want to appear biased

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It makes sense if you want to see it as the whole purpose of the first wave was to cause as much disruption as possible, and take back prisoners in exchange for leverage. I think no one expected the IDF to be this...sluggish in response but Hamas does have something to negotiate with.

It is also unclear how much the IDF wants to put into this thing if it also means a war with Hezbollah, including possible Iranian backing.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Ardennes posted:

It makes sense if you want to see it as the whole purpose of the first wave was to cause as much disruption as possible, and take back prisoners in exchange for leverage. I think no one expected the IDF to be this...sluggish in response but Hamas does have something to negotiate with.

It is also unclear how much the IDF wants to put into this thing if it also means a war with Hezbollah, including possible Iranian backing.

Utilizing military action to force the enemy to come to terms because they cannot bear the consequences of continued conflict is the textbook, clausewitzian definition of a military victory. I don't have any illusions that a Palestinian flag is going to be waving over the Knesset anytime soon, but that's obviously not going to be the goal of this operation, and there is a good probability that avenues for meaningful and dramatic changes have suddenly swung open. If this gets bad enough I think a collapse of the acting Israeli government is a real possibility for this one, at least enough to bring in a faction willing to negotiate to preserve some degree of peace and stability within Israel's borders.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
evilmiera is much more tolerable with the carbots zerg avi.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ChuckModi1/status/1710774989362794735

Michael Brooks :(

rest in power, maybe we will get to see what you did not

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/business/status/1710960382011994142

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for people who want a two state solution or a one state solution (someone earlier was under the impression that I have preference), or any solution that isn't "The Palestinians win, the Jews are "sent away" to live on a farm somewhere"- The primary condition would have to be convincing the Israeli public that the main goal of the Palestinians isn't killing them all.

Always remember - It's the job of the Palestinians to "convince the Israeli public that the main goal of the Palestinians isn't killing them all", and if Palestinians lash out with violence, that retroactively justifies all the violence that Israel had been inflicting on Palestinians.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theyve also closed the border crossing.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1710953924415402300

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
If Israel doesn’t want to be attacked have they considered Maybe stop the open air prison? Food and medicine shortages/blockades? Constant killings of children? Taking more and more land? The settlements? Filling wells with concrete? Bulldozing historic cemeteries for loving water parks? Using white phosphorus on civilians? Maybe stop doing those things?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
FYI Tankbuster they're giving away avatars in the Halloween forum.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FlapYoJacks posted:

If Israel doesn’t want to be attacked have they considered Maybe stop the open air prison? Food and medicine shortages/blockades? Constant killings of children? Taking more and more land? The settlements? Filling wells with concrete? Bulldozing historic cemeteries for loving water parks? Using white phosphorus on civilians? Maybe stop doing those things?

Bad news for the credibility of FlapYoJacks - All authoritative sources have confirmed that first, the primary condition would have to be convincing the Israeli public that the main goal of the Palestinians isn't killing them all.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

FlapYoJacks posted:

we’ve tried nothing but genocide and we’re out of ideas

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

fizzy posted:

Bad news for the credibility of FlapYoJacks - All authoritative sources have confirmed that first, the primary condition would have to be convincing the Israeli public that the main goal of the Palestinians isn't killing them all.

All Israelis want Gaza nuked multiple times so to overcome such projection would take a great act of Allah

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for people seeking to re-characterizing the rave tauntingly outside an open air concentration camp as a "peace festival" - The recharacterization efforts of such people is succeeding.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

crepeface posted:

FYI Tankbuster they're giving away avatars in the Halloween forum.

wait really? where?

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

fizzy posted:

Good news for people who want a two state solution or a one state solution (someone earlier was under the impression that I have preference), or any solution that isn't "The Palestinians win, the Jews are "sent away" to live on a farm somewhere"- The primary condition would have to be convincing the Israeli public that the main goal of the Palestinians isn't killing them all.

Always remember - It's the job of the Palestinians to "convince the Israeli public that the main goal of the Palestinians isn't killing them all", and if Palestinians lash out with violence, that retroactively justifies all the violence that Israel had been inflicting on Palestinians.

It says so much that these libs just cannot even imagine the possibility that Israel could be defeated and brought to the negotiating table, and that the only two options are one of the factions genociding and displacing the other in some kind of total war.

Frankly, I'm glad for their hubris as it's likely going to contribute greatly to their gradual defeat and decline. Let them gawk about the finalizing wrath and fury that they think will be delivered, it only makes their frustrated whining when it doesn't pan out all the sweeter.

GoLambo has issued a correction as of 12:04 on Oct 8, 2023

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Try genocide

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1710959700278128827

https://twitter.com/GeromanAT/status/1710963602239172774

PawParole has issued a correction as of 12:05 on Oct 8, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

so Hamas is also better than the Ukrainian Armed Forces in launching amphibious assaults with boats

... lmao

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

gradenko_2000 posted:

so Hamas is also better than the Ukrainian Armed Forces in launching amphibious assaults with boats

... lmao

Hamas military consultancy has a bright future

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
welp i just had an interesting spat with a real actual ukranian person i admired who not a bot and not an natsec wierdo who came out 100% for israel, had a screaming match and unfollowed. trying to tie how she feels about being invaded by russia didnt work.

death to israel and death to the nazi kyiv regime.

Putin harden your heart and destroy the nazi filth

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Al-Saqr posted:

welp i just had an interesting spat with a real actual ukranian person i admired who not a bot and not an natsec wierdo who came out 100% for israel, had a screaming match and unfollowed. trying to tie how she feels about being invaded by russia didnt work.

I wonder what's colouring her opinions

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

this guy didnt get the memo that palestine lost the pr war. NAFO forces are moving in

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Didn't you see the news? Palestine bad, Israel good

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al-Saqr posted:

Good news for the resumption of the posting liberty of Al-Saqr - There is hope renewed that the resumption of the posting liberty of Al-Saqr is accompanied by enlightenment on the part of Al-Saqr that it remains futile and self-injurious to touch the posting hotplate in D&D.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the fact that 36 hours have passed and not only have israelis been completelt surprised theyre still on the back foot and hamas is STILL SUCCESSFULLY ON THE OFFENSIVE makes this genuinely a world-changing historic event, hoooolyyy shiiittt hamas are still successfully doing commando raids and paraglidinf operations even now, incredible

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Inshallah

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

IDF have nothing to fight for besides the joy of killing unarmed children and bombing hospitals

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
HAMAS FTW!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Where are these paragliders launching from? Planes? Nearby mountains?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Honky Mao posted:

IDF have nothing to fight for besides the joy of killing unarmed children and bombing hospitals

Historically that's been plenty of motivation for them

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Talorat posted:

AFAIK they're motorized parachutes, so they're launching from flat pieces of ground - you don't need a lot of altitude, you just need enough wind for the parachute to open up into the air, and then the propeller in the craft drives you forward and up

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Talorat posted:

They have descended from heaven to liberate an oppressed people.

Real talk they are powered parasails and are easily launched from a truck. They could take off anywhere with a moderate amount of level ground to drive over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Historically that's been plenty of motivation for them

Don’t forget the joy of riding down waterslides over paved over historic cemeteries of the Palestines!