Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
going to a kids birthday party today, do I wear my palestine solidarity shirt I got a few years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/beirutcalling/status/1711018889537003661?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

imagine being such a white devil you post poo poo like this and try to make your audience forget that in the only free and fair elections the palestinians were allowed to have in 2006 Hamas won it in a landslide and their reward for participating in the political process was the gaza siege and turning it into the concentration camp it is today.

couldn't be me

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
... i fell for it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Move Israel to the Florida panhandle

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

going to a kids birthday party today, do I wear my palestine solidarity shirt I got a few years ago?

do you want to talk to the most annoying guy at the party all day, regardless of which side he is on?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

do you want to talk to the most annoying guy at the party all day, regardless of which side he is on?

but doctor,

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smarxist posted:

but doctor,

lmfao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Al! posted:

lol I hadn't thought about that part I assumed it would just piss people off at worst

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

smarxist posted:

but doctor,

but also this

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Al! posted:

well i mean if he's just mumbling to himself it doesn't matter what he wears

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

smarxist posted:

but doctor,

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

MonsieurChoc posted:

Lol I was thinking of this.

Great book

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

After Holocaust survivors arrived in Israel they were mocked by Zionists for being weak

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...8-f7387e291335/

I don't have sources right now but I'm pretty sure the reason so many Jewish survivors were sent to Israel is because other places people wanted to go like the US were anti-Semitic and wouldn't take them

There's always something new to learn about how terrible Israel is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

smarxist posted:

but doctor,

🏌️

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Do it

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

smarxist posted:

but doctor,

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

yes.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

do the opposite of whatever ringo says

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

speng31b posted:

do the opposite of whatever ringo says

yeah that sealed it tbh

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Hamas personnel in Israel - There are still Hamas personnel in Israel, and Israeli troops are working to find them and kill them.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-spox-there-are-still-terrorists-in-israel-but-we-will-find-them-wherever-they-are/

IDF spox: There are still terrorists in Israel, but we will find them ‘wherever they are’
By Emanuel Fabian
Today, 6:34 pm

The Israel Defense Forces’ top spokesman, Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, says the Air Force carried out a major attack against Hamas assets in the northern Gaza Strip.

In a press conference, Hagari says more than 50 fighter jets targeted 120 sites in the Beit Hanoun neighborhood, demolishing Hamas assembly areas used to launch attacks against Israel. In all, the IDF has struck some 800 sites since the fighting began early Saturday, Hagari says.

The IDF in a statement says Beit Hanoun is a “nest of terror” and used by Hamas to launch attacks against Israel over the last day.

There are still Hamas terrorists in Israel, and Israeli troops are working to find them and kill them, he says.

“We will purify the area and attack terrorists wherever they are,” he says.

“Hamas has inflicted a great disaster on the residents of the Gaza Strip. Hundreds dead, and thousands injured. We took dozens of terrorists captive, including in the last few hours,” he says.

“There will be a time for hard questions and tough investigation, but now we are at war and are busy attacking the enemy and winning,” Hagari adds.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

smarxist posted:

but doctor,

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Palestinians who are dependent on aid provided by Germany - Germany’s development minister says her country will review its aid for the Palestinian areas following the attack by Hamas on Israel.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/berlin-says-it-will-reevaluate-its-aid-to-palestinians-following-hamas-attack/

Berlin says it will reevaluate its aid to Palestinians following Hamas attack
By AP Today, 6:41 pm 0

Germany’s development minister says her country will review its aid for the Palestinian areas following the attack by Hamas on Israel.

The development ministry says Germany does not finance the Palestinian Authority directly, but a total of 250 million euros ($265 million) is currently pledged in German aid –- half of that for bilateral projects via Germany’s overseas aid agency and development bank, and the other half for the UN agency for the Palestinians, UNRWA.

Development Minister Svenja Schulze says in a statement that Germany already took great care that its aid for Palestinians “serves peace and not the terrorists.”

"But these attacks on Israel are a terrible watershed, so we will review our whole commitment to the Palestinian areas,” she adds.

Schulze noted that Israel has an interest in Palestinians being able to live in long-term stability, and said Germany will coordinate with its international partners.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

good thinking germany, make it so that joining hamas is one of the last remaining ways to get a hot meal

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

yeah that sealed it tbh

your solidarity is weak

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its river to the sea day already?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

seems like the post-ukraine west is handling this crisis with the same grace and intelligence as we've come to expect. can we get the g12 together to see about calling some of Palestine's loans???

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for a further 13 Israeli soldiers killed in fighting with Hamas - They were killed in fighting with Hamas.

IDF names a further 13 soldiers killed in fighting with Hamas
By Emanuel Fabian
Today, 7:01 pm

The Israel Defense Forces names another 13 soldiers killed in southern Israel during fighting with the Hamas terror group over the past day.

The names bring the toll of slain Israeli soldiers to 57.

Maj. Amir Skuri, 31, a Sayeret Matkal soldier, from Jerusalem

Maj. Ariel Ben Moshe, 27, a Sayeret Matkal commander

Lt. Shilo Cohen, 24, a Shaldag soldier, from Sderot

Warrant Officer Ido Rosental, 45, a Shaldag soldier, from Beit She’an

First Sgt. Aharon Farash, 36, a logistics NCO, from Ofakim

Staff Sgt. Roi Weiser, 21, a Golani soldier, from Efrat

Staff Sgt. Adir Gauri, 20, a Sayeret Matkal soldier, from Jerusalem

Staff Sgt. Guy Simchi, 20, a Paratrooper, from Gedera

Staff Sgt. Or Mizrahi, 21, a Nahal soldier, from Petah Tikva

Cpl. Ariel Eliyahu, 19, a soldier in the 7th Armored Brigade, from Mitzpe Yeriho

Cpl. Danit Cohen, 19, a soldier in the IDF Southern Command

Cpl. Amit Gueta, 21, a Maglan soldier, from Rehovot.

In addition to the 57 soldiers, police have named 34 officers, and the Shin Bet named five agents and veterans killed in the Hamas attacks. More than 600 people overall in Israel are believed to be dead, with that figure expected to rise.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

John Charity Spring posted:

useless statement tbh, rare Cuban L

its weak but somehow leagues ahead of most of the rest of the planet but then again its a low bar

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for tunnels built underneath a high-rise tower in the northern Gaza Strip - The Israel Defense Forces says it struck a Hamas tunnel built underneath a high-rise tower in the northern Gaza Strip.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-says-it-strikes-hamas-tunnel-underneath-gaza-high-rise/

IDF says it strikes Hamas tunnel underneath Gaza high-rise
By Emanuel Fabian
Today, 6:47 pm

The Israel Defense Forces says it struck a Hamas tunnel built underneath a high-rise tower in the northern Gaza Strip.

“A mosque is located adjacent to the tunnel, proving once again that Hamas deliberately embeds its military infrastructure in civilian areas,” the IDF says in a statement.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
A noted I/P understander has logged on.

https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/1711047152204448010

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for students at Israeli universities - The new academic school year at Israeli universities will begin on October 22, instead of October 15.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/universities-push-back-start-of-fall-semester-amid-ongoing-war/

Universities push back start of fall semester amid ongoing war
By Gavriel Fiske
Today, 7:04 pm

The new academic school year at Israeli universities will begin on October 22, instead of October 15, the Committee of University Presidents announces.

Many students and faculty members have been drafted into reserve duty, the committee says in a statement.

“Our hearts are with the families of those who have been murdered. We send wishes for a quick recovery to the injured and are full of hope that those who have been kidnapped, the taken and the missing will return quickly,” they say.

The university school year in Israel usually begins after the High Holidays, so the fall semester usually begins significantly after the university system in the US or Europe. Affected by the delay are the Hebrew University, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Tel Aviv University, and other major research universities in the country.

Earlier today, it was announced that primary and secondary schools around the country would be closed at least through Tuesday.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

smarxist posted:

but doctor,

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Hamas - Israel will demand that the UN Security Council condemn Hamas in a meeting later today.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/8/israel-palestine-escalation-live-israeli-forces-bombard-gaza

Israel to ask UN Security Council to condemn Hamas
14m ago (15:58 GMT)

Israel will demand that the UN Security Council condemn Hamas in a meeting later today, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs says.

Gilad Erdan, the permanent representative of Israel to the UN, says he will demand that the council “stand firmly behind Israel’s right to self-defence to ensure the safety of our citizens”.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Self defense now means “be allowed to continue genocide without criticism.”

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

LOL israel just did a giant car chase against a militant driving a car killing him but then they found out the driver was an israeli settler lol

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1711011060784775497?s=20

lol at the soldier in the video using a civilian car with civilians in it for cover

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
have china or russia said anything yet

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

have china or russia said anything yet

yeah its basic neutral stuff

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

fizzy posted:

Bad news for tunnels built underneath a high-rise tower in the northern Gaza Strip - The Israel Defense Forces says it struck a Hamas tunnel built underneath a high-rise tower in the northern Gaza Strip.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-says-it-strikes-hamas-tunnel-underneath-gaza-high-rise/

IDF says it strikes Hamas tunnel underneath Gaza high-rise
By Emanuel Fabian
Today, 6:47 pm

The Israel Defense Forces says it struck a Hamas tunnel built underneath a high-rise tower in the northern Gaza Strip.

“A mosque is located adjacent to the tunnel, proving once again that Hamas deliberately embeds its military infrastructure in civilian areas,” the IDF says in a statement.

Well they don't exactly have a lot of fuckin room to work with now do they? Hey. I wonder why that is...

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah its basic neutral stuff

thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

vietnam did a very similar statement like cubas russia/china were just basic we want this to end neutral