Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I'm rewatching May because everyone was talking about it and I remembered it takes place partially on Halloween (and I still need that Bingo slot) and I'd just like to get on the record as saying that there's nothing wrong with Jeremy Sisto I'm sure, but he gives me big 'selling weed to high school kids' vibes. It's not his fault, he just radiates 'back of the convenience store' energy and I don't know why.

Hey, high school kids have to buy weed from somewhere.

But also yes, a thousand times yes. Sketchier than an entirely empty subway car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad so many people are discovering May, what a gem. I'm not sure if I'll squeeze in a rewatch this month or not. I'm tempted to just for one of my favorite non-sequitur laugh lines in any horror movie. Boy, I'm burning up. Say, do you have any ice cubes I can rub on my nipples?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
yeah, may owns

also, I just thought of this, see what you think: tim robinson as Freddy Kruger

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

My god.

Just watched No One Will Save You, on Hulu and..

I can not believe this thing has an 81% RT score.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

tim robinson as Freddy Kruger

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

There is a RULE on Elm Street that if you fall asleep, you gotta let me kill you. It's a RULE. It's not fair if you don't let me try to kill you.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

It’s gotta be the safari-back one from the Brian’s Hat sketch.

C’mon.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
goddamn do i hate almost every conjuring movie and spin-off

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nikumatic posted:

goddamn do i hate almost every conjuring movie and spin-off

What's the last one you watched? Nun2?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

It’s gotta be the safari-back one from the Brian’s Hat sketch.

C’mon.

This is so loving hosed up.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

:laffo:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

There is a RULE on Elm Street that if you fall asleep, you gotta let me kill you. It's a RULE. It's not fair if you don't let me try to kill you.

Hey hey hey, why the gently caress are you drinking coffee at 1 in the morning? That fuckin' BETTER be DECAF! Aren't you tired? I can see you rubbing your eyes and yawning. GO THE gently caress TO SLEEP! GO! THE gently caress! TO SLEEP!

Crescent Wrench fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 8, 2023

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Honk if you're Freddy

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

The Bananana posted:

What's the last one you watched? Nun2?

Yeah. I just find them extremely tedious, and the two Nun movies are the nadir of the entire franchise. I don’t like the Warrens even in their very attractive Wilson and Fermiga variants, and Annabelle is the most boring killer doll on the planet. Though I do think Annabelle Creation and Comes Home are the only two movies in the overall franchise that I’m relatively fond of, I’d still rather watch like .. Ouija: Origin of Evil for those vibes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Just imagining Tim Robinson in a room full of parents dressed like Freddy Krueger and sayings 'Yeah we're all very much concerned about who is killing our kids"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hollismason posted:

Just imagining Tim Robinson in a room full of parents dressed like Freddy Krueger and sayings 'Yeah we're all very much concerned about who is killing our kids"

trying to float the idea that maybe it's fine if the kids are murdered

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Reliable as always.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

MrMojok posted:

After watching May due to thread recommendations, today I watched Pearl.

I was blown away. Not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn’t quite this.

So much of the film has a sort of whimsical feel to it, for want of a better term.

The long monologue was spellbinding, and Mia Goth is an absolute star.

I guess I will go on and watch X now, although from what I’ve heard it’s quite a different picture.

Okay, I didn’t like X nearly as much. It wasn’t bad, it just didn’t go as hard as Pearl did IMO.

I did love how X was very much a love letter to more modern slashers, with a kind of 70s TCM-ish vibe, while Pearl reminded me of early color films from the 1930s. With a sort of Gone With the Wind/Oz feel to it, or something.

Mia Goth is definitely a star though, and I’m glad I watched both of these today.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

A little late on Leguizamo talk but my dream role for him right now is for him to get a redemption run and do the Waluigi voice in the inevitable Mario Bros animated sequel. I’ve seen The Pest. He can WAAAAAAH.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

checkplease posted:

No One Will Save You was good stuff, but I think my favorite aspect is that after the first dose of crazy events, the protagonist just tries to leave town. It didn’t work out, but more horror heroes should consider this option.

I swear half of Insidious's success was due to the characters moving out of their house pretty much immediately lol

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

ruddiger posted:

It was pretty funny in Exorcist Believer that they violently blinded Ellen Berstyn’s character and sent a little girl’s soul straight to hell.

I have a sneaking suspicion the plan for the sequels is they try to bring her back.

The girl, I mean, not Burstyn's eyes.
Or hell, maybe them, too.

I dunno if they'll move forward with them or if Green will be back if so, but considering his Halloween sequels were largely a mish-mash of the previous Halloween sequels (with, like, Christine thrown in the mix) I'm actually curious if he'd do the same with The Exorcist and just how batshit that could get.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Yeah I’d murder some aliens for the house in No One Will Save You.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Goddamn I love the way VHS connected the shorts

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

TheBizzness posted:

Parallel Monsters is a Top 3 VHS short (excluding Raatma).

What the hell is wrong with you people?!!!?

It absolutely is and not sure why it isn't mentioned when people talk about Viral.

Anyway, not sure I remember seeing it get talked about much but I threw Significant Other on mainly due to the running time and that is tight, well made fun 83 minutes.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Watching 1997's Wishmaster and that little opening sequence set in 12th century Persia got me wondering if there are any horror movies set entirely in that kind of period?
Various The Mummy movies kiiind of evoke that same feeling, but is there anything actually taking place in a place and time like that?

'cause that opening sequence ruled, especially that one moment where you think a chestburster is going to attack and then his friggin' skull starts popping out and holy poo poo a whole-rear end skeleton emerges!

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

I just want to post this ending spoiler for exorcist the believer because it made me laugh at the fact that blumhouse paid 400 million for this poo poo

the demon says he needs to choose which of the girls gets to live and which one will die, and if a choice is not made, he will kill them both. Tony yells that he chooses Katherine, and Angela flatlines. Suddenly, the demon reveals the one that was chosen would be the one who died. Katherine screams for her parents as the demon drags her to Hell, while Angela starts to breathe.||

This ending would be great if they did an 80's smash-cut-to-credits blasting grimy punk or goth metal like The Cult's Fire Woman.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

trying to float the idea that maybe it's fine if the kids are murdered
“It’s like they’re not even real people. Bottom line is, no one’s gonna get in trouble, nobody should feel sad AT ALL.”

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Nightmare on Elm Street and I Think You Should Leave? This thread is right in my Q zone!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/OXssUTr.mp4

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

:five:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

lmao

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

PKMN Trainer Red is my new Best Poster.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

So I was cruising the halls of Spiel on the last day when what did I see but:

But that wasn't all. Right next to it was something that is going to cause serious injury if viewed, so be careful before you click on this spoiler:

Serious injury through laughter. I don't know who the target market is for a Judith Myers' replica tombstone handbag, but God bless these lunatics for making it.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Excellent work.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I remember when I watched the recent Pet Sematary remake I thought to myself "Why am I watching this uggghhhhh".

Sooooooo today I loaded up Pet Sematary Bloodlines and again I'm asking myself "Why am I watching this"

At least I'm multi tasking

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Haunted houses in actual "castles" are fun!

Bonus pumpkin friend:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I love this thread.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Sometimes I go two or three weeks without just checkin' in on this thread, and BOY did I pick the right time to check in on it!

PKMN Trainer Red is the Halloween Hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

Phy posted:

Haunted houses in actual "castles" are fun!

Okay, I give up - where's Riff-Raff in those photos?