Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Being a Texas football fan is bad enough, being a Texas baseball fan is something you put on a job application for hell.

At least you have the 2X World Champion Astros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Every postseason is the same for the Brewers.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Every postseason is the same for the Brewers.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Finally have a minute to relax since this friends camping trip had a "surprise, I gotta bring my kids" thing pop up. Still fun but man, camping with 3 kids aged 6-10 is a lot.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hahhaha my dog loves sunflower seeds, I haven’t seen her beg so much since the last time I had a pepperoni stick. Plus her 90lb rear end is so gentle taking them from me, little nibs

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Finally have a minute to relax since this friends camping trip had a "surprise, I gotta bring my kids" thing pop up. Still fun but man, camping with 3 kids aged 6-10 is a lot.

Imagine when they live in your house 24/7.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

God drat kids suck a lot of the time, like just chill the gently caress out

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Silly Burrito posted:

At least you have the 2X World Champion Astros.

all three remaining teams with better records than the astros eating poo poo today makes me wonder if we have a repeat of last year incoming

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Every postseason is the same for the Mariners.

Yep :smith:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

a sexual elk posted:

God drat kids suck a lot of the time, like just chill the gently caress out

God yes. Every day is dealing with some freak out for who knows what reason.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Having a kid(s) oscillates wildly between being awesome and being the complete pits, oftentimes in the same day. Our 18-month old son now wants to wash his hands after every meal, which is adorable, and then gets mad when he can no longer wash his hands, which is less so.

I'm glad I'm a parent but I wouldn't force the lifestyle on my worst enemy.

E: the one saving grace, which will probably sound like a brag to the other parents ITT, is that he's still a very heavy sleeper. Right now it's a little after 9 AM on a Sunday and not only is he still asleep, he'd be like 90% to stay asleep for another hour if I wasn't about to go wake him up on purpose so I can take him out for a run.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 8, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

all three remaining teams with better records than the astros eating poo poo today makes me wonder if we have a repeat of last year incoming

I hope so. I wouldn’t mind seeing back to back championships, that’ll just piss off everyone else.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Having a kid(s) oscillates wildly between being awesome and being the complete pits, oftentimes in the same day. Our 18-month old son now wants to wash his hands after every meal, which is adorable, and then gets mad when he can no longer wash his hands, which is less so.

I'm glad I'm a parent but I wouldn't force the lifestyle on my worst enemy.

E: the one saving grace, which will probably sound like a brag to the other parents ITT, is that he's still a very heavy sleeper. Right now it's a little after 9 AM on a Sunday and not only is he still asleep, he'd be like 90% to stay asleep for another hour if I wasn't about to go wake him up on purpose so I can take him out for a run.

I hate you.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

C-Euro posted:

My child got me up before 5:30 am multiple times last week, I’m so jealous of this.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

I hope so. I wouldn’t mind seeing back to back championships, that’ll just piss off everyone else.

Bang that trash can I mean drum

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

CannonFodder posted:

Can you play WoW on Xbox?

I have absolutely no idea what game he's talking about, but I haven't played WoW, so likely not that. He was here a few years ago and wanted to see what games were out, but who knows how long ago that was.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

harperdc posted:

My child got me up before 5:30 am multiple times last week, I’m so jealous of this.

This has been the response so often that I'm just going to stop mentioning it to people, lol

My life will collapse as soon as he realizes how kids are "supposed" to sleep so I'm making the most of it while I can.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

C-Euro posted:

This has been the response so often that I'm just going to stop mentioning it to people, lol

:hf:

It may not stop.

My daughter hit 12hr sleep nights when she was 6weeks old and never stopped. Everyone hates us for it but I don’t care.

I never take it for granted tho.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I have absolutely no idea what game he's talking about, but I haven't played WoW, so likely not that. He was here a few years ago and wanted to see what games were out, but who knows how long ago that was.
I'm guessing Skyrim or something like that.

But I hope it wasn't a Soulsbourne game because trying to get into that in his 70s is not a good idea.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Fast forward a week, and my 67 year old father let us know he has purchased an Xbox Series S, something I would not have put money on with 1000 to 1 odds even two months ago. I sent him an email effortpost with background info and links to how he could game the system to get Game Pass Ultimate, which is $17 a month, for $5.80. What in the hell is even happening.

double e: I forgot the highlight of my dad's email about my brother considering the Xbox

I mean if he has friends who he could play with BG3...maaaaaybe?

e: crap, not an option right now

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 8, 2023

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Give your dad RDR2

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I can’t find a video but watching Arsenal - Man City and Arsenal scored off a MC dude’s face. It was hilarious

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

CannonFodder posted:

I'm guessing Skyrim or something like that.

But I hope it wasn't a Soulsbourne game because trying to get into that in his 70s is not a good idea.

That quote from my dad was relaying information to me from my brother, so it would be a 47 year old. Either way a Souls game would be a pretty big leap, although he does have just the right amount of patience and insane focus on learning games that it might not be out of the question.

Grittybeard posted:

I mean if he has friends who he could play with BG3...maaaaaybe?

e: crap, not an option right now

My dad had over 1,000 hours into each of Diablo 2, Diablo 3, and Civ 5, so he's not coming in completely blind, just all on PC until now. I went through the list of 470 games on Game Pass and wrote down about 30 for either multiplayer or that one of them might enjoy. Some of them are in their wheelhouse, like Humankind being a Civ-like for my dad. Some are things I love and want them to at least consider trying, like Prey.

It's not on there, but I bet my dad would like XCOM a lot, too. I'm on PC and only ever interface with Game Pass for Xbox stuff, and kind of forgot that there is a whole bunch of other poo poo they could pick up used on physical media, too.

Pron on VHS posted:

Give your dad RDR2

Honestly, this might not be a bad call. The one big hurdle for both of them is going to be learning to use the controller. Thankfully neither of them is used to the Switch pro controller, so they won't have the issue of hitting the wrong buttons all the time like my wife did trying Hitman on the PC last night because Microsoft and Nintendo have X/Y and A/B swapped.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Joey Freshwater posted:

I can’t find a video but watching Arsenal - Man City and Arsenal scored off a MC dude’s face. It was hilarious

It's very funny, and as much as I wanted that shot to curl in cleanly into the far corner, a goal is a goal no matter how it's scored.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Weighed in under 170 for the first time since possibly middle school today, bought a Little Caesar’s 4-Quarters Calzony this evening to celebrate.

It’s good, it’s the first pizza to utilize non-Euclidean geometry.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

Weighed in under 170 for the first time since possibly middle school today, bought a Little Caesar’s 4-Quarters Calzony this evening to celebrate.

It’s good, it’s the first pizza to utilize non-Euclidean geometry.

Goongrats on the weightloss buddy. That's a good effort.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Made pizza again but this time took the time to make sure it was kneaded enough and it came out great :toot:

Didn't manage the perfect circle like Blindsite though, it turned into a bit of an oval coming off the peel

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I turn the oven up to 550 with the stone in it for an hour or so, then take the stone out and build the pizza directly on it, gives the dough a chance to char/parbake before you get sauce and toppings on it which keeps it from going soggy, and also reduces transfer problems. Takes about 4-5 mins to heat the toppings through/finish the cook.

Also brush the crust with olive oil and sprinkle some fleur-de-sel on it before cooking.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I just throw a Momma Celeste in the toaster oven for like 20 minutes

Them shits cost like a buck fiddy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

reminds me of when I was a broke college kid and would buy a totino's then roll it up into a taquito after it was cooked

it's called a party pizza but.... it wasn't the kind of party you want to go to

Ether Frenzy posted:

I turn the oven up to 550 with the stone in it for an hour or so, then take the stone out and build the pizza directly on it, gives the dough a chance to char/parbake before you get sauce and toppings on it which keeps it from going soggy, and also reduces transfer problems. Takes about 4-5 mins to heat the toppings through/finish the cook.

Also brush the crust with olive oil and sprinkle some fleur-de-sel on it before cooking.

I build mine on the peel. I put sauce on it, then use the weight of the sauce to stretch it out just a little bit more if it needs it. Can't do that if I build it on a hot stone

e:

https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1711143526757519681

holy poo poo

almost sub 2 hours

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 9, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

reminds me of when I was a broke college kid and would buy a totino's then roll it up into a taquito after it was cooked

I build mine on the peel. I put sauce on it, then use the weight of the sauce to stretch it out just a little bit more if it needs it. Can't do that if I build it on a hot stone

e:

holy poo poo

I've been using a bit of baking paper to build mine on a cutting board and shoot it right off that. Let it Set for a few mins and usually the paper slides out without any issues to get that good direct contact.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

It's very funny, and as much as I wanted that shot to curl in cleanly into the far corner, a goal is a goal no matter how it's scored.

https://youtu.be/A27v0njMK_Y

I couldn’t stay up to watch live, but the highlights back were incredibly funny to watch.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Intruder posted:

e:

holy poo poo

almost sub 2 hours

I can’t even drive that fast in rush hour traffic!

Helped that we probably had perfect marathon weather yesterday.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Double post, but I was listening to NPR on the drive in to work and they had the Israeli Minister of defense (or something like that, I forget the exact title), and I guess expect to see thousands, if not tens of thousands of dead Palestinians soon.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Double post, but I was listening to NPR on the drive in to work and they had the Israeli Minister of defense (or something like that, I forget the exact title), and I guess expect to see thousands, if not tens of thousands of dead Palestinians soon.

Yeah, they are speaking the language of extermination. It loving sucks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
He should be fired but it’s a start.

https://twitter.com/WBRZ/status/1711381749828034892

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It feels very strange going about my day knowing that thousands of innocent people are going to be executed. Not sure I've ever felt as powerless as when I talked to my congressman's staff yesterday.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

I’ve started it and lost interest like at least 3-4x and I feel sure that if I was committed enough to get over whatever hump it would eventually become clear why it’s one of the most beloved games ever, and the mechanics would be clicking with me and I would care about the characters and plot and stuff. And yet I never seem to make it there.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

I read the story on this and the mother said it best. Faith has nothing to do with any of this since it is a public school.

But yeah a dumb principal for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Thermos H Christ posted:

I’ve started it and lost interest like at least 3-4x and I feel sure that if I was committed enough to get over whatever hump it would eventually become clear why it’s one of the most beloved games ever, and the mechanics would be clicking with me and I would care about the characters and plot and stuff. And yet I never seem to make it there.

Same. I keep trying but i just get too bored