Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bad Video Games posted:

Sometimes, they ask to see the back at the register, just to make sure the card actually belongs to you.

I loving hate CostCo, but my family requires me to be a member. Also, the hotdogs taste like rear end.

So they taste like hotdogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Costco owns wtf

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Volte posted:

Costco owns wtf

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hotdogs are good

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Costcober chat thread

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

i remember the costco rotisserie chickens

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The CostCo closest to my house has the food window outside so anyone can buy it.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Playing Stasis and I didn't need to hear about a guy sneaking on a cat and how much he cried when it went missing because it was his only friend.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

thankfully, that's the only uncomfortable thing that happens in Stasis

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Strawberry Panda posted:

The CostCo closest to my house has the food window outside so anyone can buy it.

The one I live by, which is CostCo store #420 according to the receipts, has the food court outside, but they still want to scan your card when you order.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have never been inside a Costco.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm in Sam's club country, gently caress that shiz.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don’t even own a Costco :smugdog:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You should try it, there's a lot of guides out there about how to crate train your own.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

thanks to the costco chat, I learnt that there is a Costco on Iceland and that they serve or served plokfiskur in the food court.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They should build tiny Ikea's in the place of old Texacos so I can get cheap hot dogs and small furniture anytime

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

They should build tiny Ikea's in the place of old Texacos so I can get cheap hot dogs and small furniture anytime

their breakfasts aren't too shabby either as far as cheap, filling food goes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Why do controllers suck now

My one won't stay connected to anything anymore so I bought a Xbox Elite 2 and turns out the A buttons on those just usually don't work

I miss my old dead 360 controller

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They're warming us up to buying controller subscriptions, get a new every month and the old one collapses

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve gone through like four switch joycons in four years. But my switch pro controller has survived many many games on switch AND pc. So it’s impossible to tell if Nintendo is good or not.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

just get 8bitdo controllers or w/e

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

See if y'all had just let Microsoft cook with Kinect, we would all be the controller and this wouldn't be an issue

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

See if y'all had just let Microsoft cook with Kinect, we would all be the controller and this wouldn't be an issue
yea but then what happens when HUMANITY develops drift...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Waffleman_ posted:

Then even more parts would need replacing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Never forghetti
https://i.imgur.com/GDAGlP2.mp4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've heard of input lag, but this is ridiculous!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Striking a heroic post in my living room. Heh, that's right, they sent a helicopter to pick me up in my game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWNMsZ44ooc

still utterly mindblowing to me that this is all CGI. not gonna be too long before this kind of bodycam horror makes its way to video games, and while the first generation of UE5 poo poo's probably gonna be rough, there is some incredible VR potential here

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Vermain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWNMsZ44ooc

still utterly mindblowing to me that this is all CGI. not gonna be too long before this kind of bodycam horror makes its way to video games, and while the first generation of UE5 poo poo's probably gonna be rough, there is some incredible VR potential here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK76q13Aqt0

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i remember seeing footage for that, though it seems to be leaning more towards an FPS deal

some kind of outlast thing would be absolutely killer with this style, and it probably wouldn't be too difficult to put together and sell with how popular liminal spaces still are

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean the horror is that you're playing as a cop

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vermain posted:

i remember seeing footage for that, though it seems to be leaning more towards an FPS deal

some kind of outlast thing would be absolutely killer with this style, and it probably wouldn't be too difficult to put together and sell with how popular liminal spaces still are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe8lU18G89Q

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This one has potential but it loses me when it shows the monsters. I've never liked the intersection of backrooms and "oh there's a monster here too" but also the monsters look kinda bad and it undermines what the rest of the game is doing graphically lmao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the monster in that thing specifically looks like a first year animation project, and nothing will rip you right out of the horror headspace faster than a unity asset rounding the corner

it's funny because, as the video i posted above shows, you don't need some big ol' teeth and eyeballs thing chasing after you to generate a sense of absolute gutwrenching terror

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Waffleman_ posted:

This one has potential but it loses me when it shows the monsters. I've never liked the intersection of backrooms and "oh there's a monster here too" but also the monsters look kinda bad and it undermines what the rest of the game is doing graphically lmao

Yeah, like this is not the appeal of liminal spaces at all, have the designers never been at a rest stop at midnight?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, like it or not, it has become a not insignificant subset of liminal space horror at this point.

The Backrooms has like levels and poo poo now, it's a video game. Horror is when video games and lore.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i believe the backrooms having a bunch of themed sonic the hedgehog levels was a pre-kane pixels innovation that got stapled onto the growing genre after his original short exploded in popularity

a dreamlike dimension with monsters isn't, like, bad as a concept, and there's been some good quality videos out there that run with the idea well, but it ultimately tends to reduce the experience of abject, crushing loneliness in an inescapable labyrinth into a more psychedelic haunted house ride where you're wondering which manila yellow corner the abstract backrooms gremlin is going to pop out of in the last 20 seconds of the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
wikification is a scourge