Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

This is a good overview of the tensions in the ACLU over its stances.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 17:46 on Oct 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

the aclu saw the firehose of money #resistance pmc libs were waving around after 2016 and decided to take a sip

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The awful Succ Jedis supporting the apartheid state is cannon.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Eric Adam’s should consider leaving our world.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this is a p. funny graf from that aclu story, given recorded history since then:

quote:

Mr. Romero, who is Latino and the organization’s first nonwhite executive director, arrived at the office just past dawn the next day. He crafted a letter to Mr. Trump and ran it as a full-page ad in The Times, attacking the president-elect on such issues as immigration and abortion rights. “If you do not reverse course and instead endeavor to make these campaign promises a reality,” he warned, “you will have to contend with the full firepower of the A.C.L.U.”

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The Succ Awakens

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

loquacius posted:

Not really sure what differentiates Vaush from any other succlord that gets posted ITT, he's absolutely thread material

he's not successful in a succ regard

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
the aclu is dead to me since supporting feto... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Brunson

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
One of the funniest takes i've seen lately is that gavin newsom is vetoing everything because bernie bros made democrats lose the supreme court in 2016

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

Not really sure what differentiates Vaush from any other succlord that gets posted ITT, he's absolutely thread material

He is intensely and grotesquely unattractive.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mad.radhu posted:

One of the funniest takes i've seen lately is that gavin newsom is vetoing everything because bernie bros made democrats lose the supreme court in 2016

sure yeah.

also he feels harmed as the son of a mother who identified as a woman since bernie hates women

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.

Nichael posted:

He is intensely and grotesquely unattractive.

Vaush is a known tranny chaser and the idea that he might ever look at me with genuine lust in his eyes or even fantasize about loving someone like me is absolutely bloodcurdling.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

none of the debatebro streamers are worth posting

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

aclu? more like the aryan civil liberties union

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

my bony fealty posted:

aclu? more like the aryan civil liberties union

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Newsom sure vetoes a shitload of laws. 169 last year, is that normal for CA? Other places I've lived it happened a couple times a year.

Just recently he's vetoed decriminalizing mushrooms, unemployment benefits for strikers, hearing aids for kids...

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

If California wanted progressive legislation passed they should have voted democrat. as is, Newsom is playing a savvy game to keep the republicans on board.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

The Pussy Boss posted:

Newsom sure vetoes a shitload of laws. 169 last year, is that normal for CA? Other places I've lived it happened a couple times a year.

Just recently he's vetoed decriminalizing mushrooms, unemployment benefits for strikers, hearing aids for kids...

Gavin No!som

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

The Pussy Boss posted:

gently caress the will of the people I guess

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

silicone thrills posted:

gently caress the will of the people I guess

- jenny durkan

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

my favorite is the caste discrimination bill he vetoed. the justification is so pathetic and self defeating.

quote:

That is why California already prohibits discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other characteristics

does he think you wind up with an itemized list of prohibitions on various types of discrimination if they were sufficiently covered by the broader terms?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

it'd kind of make sense if the gov and state legislatures were controlled by opposing parties. lmao at vetoing 169 pieces of legislation passed by your own party

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Semisomnum posted:

my favorite is the caste discrimination bill he vetoed. the justification is so pathetic and self defeating.

does he think you wind up with an itemized list of prohibitions on various types of discrimination if they were sufficiently covered by the broader terms?

I thought this idea was already tested legally and it was ruled fine cause no protected class was harmed

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1711079006831878367

[succ] If you can make a billion dollars, go get it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Semisomnum posted:

He actually just hates Dalits.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

PhilippAchtel posted:

praise capitalism

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the california legislature can easily over-ride any of his vetos they have a massive super-majority

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
billionaires are cool and good, just give me 25% of that blood money

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PhilippAchtel posted:

I think presidents should be required to write their own tweets. This PR poo poo that Biden hasn't ever heard of shouldn't appear to come from his own hand

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if you steal a billion in surplus labor value, that's okay, but you gotta give me a cut

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

PhilippAchtel posted:

"I'm a capitalist. If you can make a billion dollars, go get it".
-- The Most Progressive President Ever

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Vim Fuego posted:

I think presidents should be required to write their own tweets. This PR poo poo that Biden hasn't ever heard of shouldn't appear to come from his own hand

it's all just phrases he says all the time in his speeches and media appearances. he repeats the same stuff over and over.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Make him write it then. You know Biden's tweets would be some demented poo poo

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

mawarannahr posted:

I thought this idea was already tested legally and it was ruled fine cause no protected class was harmed

all I can find is a case filed by California against Cisco that was voluntarily dismissed but I can’t find any statement about why. Cisco had filed a motion to dismiss based on it not being a protected class but I’ve read like three articles about it now and none of them seem to associate the motion to the dismissal.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

PhilippAchtel posted:

I’m trying but didn’t win the powerball will try again in a few days thanks for the advice jack

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

LuxuryLarva posted:

Vaush is a known tranny chaser and the idea that he might ever look at me with genuine lust in his eyes or even fantasize about loving someone like me is absolutely bloodcurdling.

Fair, but from what I understand he is in a bit of a bipartisan consensus with Vice President Pence re: the fuckability of horses.

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

income, capital gains, assets, property, net worth, value of estate, what number does he want to take 25% of?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Semisomnum posted:

income, capital gains, assets, property, net worth, value of estate, what number does he want to take 25% of?

none because they're never actually passing this or anything remotely similar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

reminder that biden's debt-ceiling deal assumes that the trump tax cuts for the non-rich will expire (they won't).