Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
There's literally a line of people waiting for their chance to take their selfies at the summit. And there's frozen poo poo and piss and trash everywhere. And it costs like a hundred grand to get walked up there. Everest sucks man. This ain't no Summit of the Gods type poo poo no more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MassRafTer posted:

I believe he will not "probably" die soon.

But goddamn will he try.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Darby will die tragically trying to ride a big wheel down from the Everest summit

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Darby died a few months ago but on his deathbed he asked to be stuffed and to keep on wrestling Yoshihiko fashion.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Darby followed the Chronicles of Riddick copypasta like an actual workout routine and now he is the holy half dead.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Darby is going to make it to the summit ... and promptly get attacked by either Christian Cage or Swerve Strickland

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Climate change is eventually going to cause literal sewage avalanches at some of the world's highest peaks, but for a while before that it's going to make the peaks very stinky first.

And soon you can rest assured that Darby Allin dookie will be part of it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
What should have happened is that Darby should have been feet from the summit of Everest and then Nick Wayne turns on Darby and takes him out. Nick Wayne summits Everest and then drags Darby back down. This lack of foresight is why tiny con is the worst booker ever.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/eliteclubs0b/status/1711076287195095429?s=46

That staging for Mania 100 looks like rear end.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
that’s what makes the meme so accurate

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I understand that the reason it's like this is because that wrestlemania 100 art is ai generated by I love the massive amount of seats that are positioned such that they can't see the ring at all, like some being straight up behind the stage.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I'm all of the floor seats behind the giant stage.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

VideoWitch posted:

I understand that the reason it's like this is because that wrestlemania 100 art is ai generated by I love the massive amount of seats that are positioned such that they can't see the ring at all, like some being straight up behind the stage.

The sort of person that'd go to the lengths of making AI art just to fellate WWE this hard would probably happily pay 3,000+ dollars for a seat that's a block away and behind the stage.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Wrestlemania AEW Double or 100 stage: nothing 50 stage:

hey look I think I found a picture of that tweeter's car

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Have literally no idea how this would help ticket sales and having virtually separate rosters for Collision was a negative if anything.

https://twitter.com/TheRajGiri/status/1711160634757480909

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm always a big fan of these ideas about Rampage. "Drop Rampage, move it to a different timeslot", etc, as though Tony owns WBD and can just like.. do that. Or break contractual obligations. My favorite one that's popped up just in the last couple days is "cancel Collision because ticket sales are bad for it"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

I'm always a big fan of these ideas about Rampage. "Drop Rampage, move it to a different timeslot", etc, as though Tony owns WBD and can just like.. do that. Or break contractual obligations. My favorite one that's popped up just in the last couple days is "cancel Collision because ticket sales are bad for it"

And just mainly, how would canning Rampage help ticket sales? I could see the argument that the long ROH taping hurts repeat business even though I don't really see it, but Rampage is a pretty quick fun taping.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Maybe they think Rampage is always live in the same city Dynamite was in

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The TNT title, famously not part of any storyline that has elevated it any time recently

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TV Zombie posted:

This reminds me of something I thought I heard...that Darby had to be told he needed to train to climb Everest. Given his somewhat reckless character, I tend to believe that he would think this and would also die of some dumbass poo poo.

Some dumbass poo poo == "this is my chance to do a Coffin Drop off the top of Mt. Everest".

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Some dumbass poo poo == "this is my chance to do a Coffin Drop off the top of Mt. Everest".

He's training for it

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kennel posted:

He's training for it

Honestly I'd give Darby even odds of limping away from a Coffin Drop off Mt. Everest.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Honestly I'd give Darby even odds of limping away from a Coffin Drop off Mt. Everest.

https://comb.io/l9cyfh

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

What's Super Calo up to? Can we get Sick Boy in as a booker? Maybe have Van Hammer teach a class, he's expressed interest.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Drakkel posted:

The sort of person that'd go to the lengths of making AI art just to fellate WWE this hard would probably happily pay 3,000+ dollars for a seat that's a block away and behind the stage.

It’s always so funny that the wwe fans seem to want the exact opposite of me with wrestling. As cool as the big stadium shows can be. Nothing beats being up close in a small venue where the wrestlers can hear you yell at them and you can be right next to a guy going through a table. The best shows I’ve ever been to are in venues that can only hold a few hundred people.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Fancy Hat posted:

What's Super Calo up to? Can we get Sick Boy in as a booker? Maybe have Van Hammer teach a class, he's expressed interest.

Only Dutch Mantell can save AEW.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The_Rob posted:

It’s always so funny that the wwe fans seem to want the exact opposite of me with wrestling. As cool as the big stadium shows can be. Nothing beats being up close in a small venue where the wrestlers can hear you yell at them and you can be right next to a guy going through a table. The best shows I’ve ever been to are in venues that can only hold a few hundred people.

They're insecure losers who need to associate themselves with big numbers to feel like they're not actually losers

And I agree with you about small shows. I went to every ROH and Shimmer show that came to town in the late 00s and had an absolute blast every time. Most Stardom shows are house shows in front of like 300 people and the in-ring product is still world class and I love the small venue vibes

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 9, 2023

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Only Dutch Mantell can save AEW.

reminder that AEW ran the biggest wrestling show of all time in the last two months and is expected to get an increase on its tv deal. Also its valued at a billion dollars. God it's on life support!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Wrestling is at its best when one of them could land in your lap

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Gumball Gumption posted:

One of my best friends and I went to the ECW Anarchy Rulz PPV and we had 2nd row seats. Mike Awesome put Masato Tanaka through a table right in front of us and my friend still has a chunk of the table that slid near his feet

You'll never get anything like that at a big show

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gumball Gumption posted:

Or when a horde of outraged preteens is trying to rush the cheating heel and the promoter has no security to help keep them out of the locker room

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The best time I've ever had at wrestling was when I would regularly work shows held in a World War II-era warehouse that was converted into a punk venue. Every show felt massive because the fans were rabid and the action was as in-your-face as it gets despite there only being, like, 70 people there at most. Folks who can't appreciate the intimacy and energy of independent wrestling will never get how fun it can be. It's the secret spice of life.

More recently I went to a show where one of the wrestlers accidentally flipped on the front row but no one got hurt and it ruled because a kid in that row got super into the show and started poo poo chanting every single heel and screaming at them :allears: And one time a friend of mine and Matt Cardona got into a shouting match that lasted so long security had to separate them to make Cardona go to the ring. It was so fun.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I went to an ECW show at the Alario Center in Westwego, Louisiana back in 99. It was me, my brother and my dad. At one point Rhino and Tommy Dreamer were fighting in the aisle next to us and Dreamer his Rhino with a soda cup that flies up into the air and lands right on me. I bought a cactus jack tshirt and got it signed by new jack. Show ruled.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Brodie Lee once booted a guy over the barricade and he flopped down and wiped out my mom and chair she was sitting on. Her purse somehow went flying under the ring and Brodie Lee helped her up, grabbed her purse, and then started wailing on the guy again.

A couple of months ago my wife was part of a human tunnel during a spot where one wrestler ran through the tunnel before dropkicking the other one, it was great, too.

bartok
May 10, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

Is it Van Hammer who had a wrestling school that produced a couple of pretty talented wrestlers or am I thinking of another member of the Flock or MIA?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I had to get out of my seat so that Fire Ant could climb up the exposed metal pillar I was sitting next to and dive onto Hallowicked in a warehouse in Wolverhampton. It was great.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bartok posted:

Is it Van Hammer who had a wrestling school that produced a couple of pretty talented wrestlers or am I thinking of another member of the Flock or MIA?

The only person I remember who did a lot of 'he trained WHO?' was Mr. Hughes.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

bartok posted:

He trained the Briscoes, of all people.

And yeah, indie wrestling shows are great. ROH shows in Manassas were incredibly fun and also the only time I ever saw a fan try to jump the guardrail and attack a heel. That crowd really hated Jimmy Jacobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I'm going to my local (and my country's only) wrestling promotion on Saturday, all this talk has me excited. Hoping I get to make it a regular thing